Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

homo punching bag posted:

Apparently the San Diego Comic Con actually has a smell that is described as unique to that event. It's not a positive thing.

As a SD native: the convention center is a massive building where the upper levels/halls are under giant, summer sun-lit glass panels which act like a magnifying glass on anyone waiting for a panel/not in the main dealer's hall. The dealer's hall itself is a giant concrete tomb which only has exits to those aforementioned halls for ventilation, and ranges from "mall-thick with people" at the edges of the place, to "a writhing sea of humanity" around the larger booths in the center, Star Wars especially.

I've been to the show, it can be fun, but the building itself basically BREEDS a horrible loving stench when you pack it to capacity. It's not a case of "eew ick nerds don't know how to hygeine", it's awful ventilation and about ten different things that raise the temperature and BO level beyond what a shower and deodorant can handle for more than an hour at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Astro Nut posted:

Also confirms that they have indeed consciously abandoned the whole 'no powers' rule they initially went in with. Hopefully this means we get big bad and gruesome Grundy coming at some point, and others.

Thank god we're getting 'some' powers. As long as we don't get the Blur.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The new powers better god drat include Ollie improvising an arrow with a boxing glove on it. :argh:

I'd even settle for a brass knuckle tipped arrow, if you want to be more grimdark realistic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The producers seem to be pretty happy to mine from the comics just for goofs, if we don't get an improvised BGA I will weep openly.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Drifter posted:

The new powers better god drat include Ollie improvising an arrow with a boxing glove on it. :argh:

I'd even settle for a brass knuckle tipped arrow, if you want to be more grimdark realistic.

Clearly there needs to be a scene where he's in a boxing club, down to his last arrow, and the tip is broken. He tries to find something, anything else to fit on the end, and inspiration strikes...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Last week's episode had him working on non-lethal arrows so we might get something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just want him to use the BGA and someone, be it Roy, Sarah or Dig to say "What the hell was that?"

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I would buy the season 2 bluray if he makes a boomerang arrow.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Drifter posted:

I would buy the season 2 bluray if he makes a boomerang arrow.

Or speaks in an Australian accent.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Fake cat arrow or bust.

Rhyno posted:

I just want him to use the BGA and someone, be it Roy, Sarah or Dig to say "What the hell was that?"

Either Sarah or Felicity was giving him poo poo for the non-lethal arrows this episode. A BGA would just have them throw up their hands and walk out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Warmachine posted:

Fake cat arrow or bust.

Either Sarah or Felicity was giving him poo poo for the non-lethal arrows this episode. A BGA would just have them throw up their hands and walk out.

I love the fun the modern writers have had with the BGA. There's another scene at the end of Winnick's GA run where Canary shows up and Ollie pulls the BGA out and it's such a fun moment.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I liked the arrow better when he could kill. He was just more efficient. He doesn't have to kill all the time, but I always thought it was stupid that these criminals like the Count won't die unless Oliver's hand is forced. We need a Deadpool tv show.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Rhyno posted:

I love the fun the modern writers have had with the BGA. There's another scene at the end of Winnick's GA run where Canary shows up and Ollie pulls the BGA out and it's such a fun moment.

Not to mention in Justice League, where his son (long story) had to raid the weapons museum for something to use against the bad guys, and picked up some of Ollie's trick arrows. End result, he was both awed and slightly disturbed at how much of a mad genius the man had to be.

Bastard
Jul 13, 2001

We are each responsible for our own destiny.

Ravane posted:

We need a Deadpool tv show.

The bodycount would be worse than Spartacus. And it would be glorious.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Warmachine posted:

Fake cat arrow or bust.

They weren't just giving him poo poo, one of them told him to take the gloves off.

I would like to see more trick arrows though, even if it's tear gas or something.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
The writers should look no further than the now extinct (yet sadly awesome) City of Heroes MMO. They had a great Trick Arrow set that included(from memory)
-Net Arrow
-Flash Arrow: basically a flash grenade arrow.
-Glue Arrow: what it sounds like, explodes super sticky glue . Goon favorite for obvious reasons.
-EMP Arrow
-Oil Slick Arrow: best in the set, made all the baddies slip and if hit with any fire power it would ignite.
-Poison Gas Arrow
-Acid Arrow
-Ice Arrow

Bird Law fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 31, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ollie needs to train another archer quickly so they can pull this off on Slade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPkvcTEqq4U&t=49s

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
These two pics have started to show on the net:

Hmmm...

Removed Spoiler

:psyduck:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Mar 31, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
God that Harley looks terrible. She shouldn't have loving paint on her face, not yet since she's in the prison jumper.

Hell, that makeup without a frame of reference like the Joker just looks really bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really hope that's just from the previous episode and we never see her again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well Shrapnel is there so it must be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Well Shrapnel is there so it must be.

The thread is convinced he escaped so you never know. If there's two things that ruin comic books it's Harley Quinn and Deadpool.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well yeah he probably did, but he wouldn't be hanging out with the Squad again in a jumpsuit.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's probably just a cast set photo. I wouldn't read too much into it. They do them all the time on Arrow.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Is that Tara Strong in the makeup and costume, or did they just dub that lady and leave her uncredited?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Hmmm...

Don't post photos from upcoming episodes please. Just link to them.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Hmmm...

Removed Spoiler

:psyduck:

What was the second photo?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VDay posted:

What was the second photo?

Harley in full costume, standing arm-in-arm with Slade.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Taken during the filming of Suicide Squad, the image includes not only Alexa, but John Diggle (David Ramsey), Shrapnel (Sean Maher), Lyla Michaels (Audrey Marie Anderson), Rowe, Alexa, Amanda Waller (Cynthia Addai-Robinson) and Bronze Tiger (Michael Jai White)."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmmmmmmm (spoilery)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

What's this, the end of V for Vendetta?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That or Spartacus.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Clearly Deathstroke just wanted to have a themed force along the lines of the gangs in the Arkham games.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
A murder of Deathstrokes?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
This last episode really felt like a throwback to early season one, with all the forced relation ship drama. Let's hope that was an exception. When even your source material is tired of this cliché, you really shouldn't use it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So... maybe re-post that spoiler pic as a link for those who don't care?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

homo punching bag posted:

So... maybe re-post that spoiler pic as a link for those who don't care?

That's what zoux's link is.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

King of Solomon posted:

So, are those Brother Blood or Slade masks ?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

Oh, whoops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Habibi posted:

A murder of Deathstrokes?