Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hello new phone wallpaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Wools

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

oh good loving lord lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Someone probably spent hours on this.

Hours.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

mufasa

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
That sort of thing is why I hate Liverpool FC.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002
Tottenham's fans have come to Anfield 4 nothing

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

not not luvd posted:

That sort of thing is why I hate Liverpool FC.

Just lol if you don't think you fans do this

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

This but unironically.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Ewar Woowar posted:

To the same extent? I don't think so.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

not not luvd posted:

Right thread.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ewar Woowar posted:

It's an exceptionally bad post that is worse than other bad posts tbh.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

ozmunkeh posted:

Right thread.

Do you live in England? Liverpool fans are renowned for buying into the more than a club stuff more than fans of any other teams.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

not not luvd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6tcF4nlVNk

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

I don't think you understand what I'm getting at which is fair enough because I've not gone into depth.

It's not about having a huge number of idiots or people who are hosed in the head because one look at Twitter or whatever will show you the obvious.

I'm talking about the people who consider Liverpool a club apart because of their history and values. The romance of the club is a huge reason they've continued to draw in fans despite not competing in the Champions League or for the title for a while.

All the YNWA stuff, the banners it is something that's a bit unique about Liverpool and that's something to be admired but it also draws in a specific type of fan that I personally can't stand.

It's all down to personal preference, is that okay?

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

not not luvd posted:

Do you live in England? Liverpool fans are renowned for buying into the more than a club stuff more than fans of any other teams.

Agreed, they are almost at Barcelona levels with taht poo poo.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

not not luvd posted:

I don't think you understand what I'm getting at which is fair enough because I've not gone into depth.

It's not about having a huge number of idiots or people who are hosed in the head because one look at Twitter or whatever will show you the obvious.

I'm talking about the people who consider Liverpool a club apart because of their history and values. The romance of the club is a huge reason they've continued to draw in fans despite not competing in the Champions League or for the title for a while.

All the YNWA stuff, the banners it is something that's a bit unique about Liverpool and that's something to be admired but it also draws in a specific type of fan that I personally can't stand.

Lol you should only ever post in this thread

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Ewar Woowar posted:

Lol you should only ever post in this thread

lol w/e

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Whenever someone links a youtube in this thread I immediately cringe so I don't even bother clicking on it.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

not not luvd posted:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

not not luvd posted:

Unironically this but about Real Madrid, which is a club that I love.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Below are the teams that Arsenal have yet to mathematically eliminate and are the only remaining challengers to Champions League Qualification
Team Matches Played Magic # % of remaining points needed to guarantee finishing ahead
Everton 31 18 95%
Tottenham 32 11 58%
Manchester United 32 9 47%
Southampton 32 3 16%
Newcastle 32 1 5%
Notes
Magic number and methodology are explained below
We've almost eliminated Newcastle. If they win out and we lose out, we will finish tied with them. (Not happening)
All we need to do is win one more game, or Southampton to lose one game to guarantee finishing ahead of them
Any combination of 3 with Arsenal wins or Manchester United losses will insure finishing ahead of United
The Tottenham magic number is 11. This means that St. Totteringham's day can be as early as in 2 matchdays. (A potential of 6 Magic Number points lost per matchday x2 matchdays will eliminate Sp*rs) Although they play Sunderland and West Brom next.
Everton are by far our biggest foes. This makes next weeks match one of the most important of the season. A win against them would drop their magic number from 18 to 12 and probably insure Champions League Qualification.
Magic Number Explained
Magic Number = Future Arsenal Points + Future Opponent Points Conceded that will ensure Arsenal finishing ahead of them
When the Magic Number = 0, it is mathematically impossible for the opponent to finish ahead of Arsenal. (If you look at Tottenham, this could be used as the St. Totteringham's Day Countdown)
ELI5: When the number drops to 0 Arsenal guarantee finishing ahead of that team. The number drops when Arsenal gain points and/or the team concedes points
Methodology
At the beginning of the season, every team has a potential of winning 38 games at 3 points/game = 114.
Adding one point ensures that when the magic number =0, it will result in finishing above rather than tied. So, for Arsenal, at the beginning of the season, their magic number for every team is 115. (114+1)
The magic number can never go up. Only down.
When Arsenal win 1 game (Let's say the first game is against Tottenham), they capture 3 points, making the threshold of finishing ahead of every team drop by 3 points. So now, Arsenal's magic number is 112. BUT, Tottenahm just conceded 3 points with the loss, meaning that the magic number for Spurs dropped an additional 3 points, meaning that the magic number for finishing ahead of Sp*rs is now 109. (This is where we get the phrase a "6 point game".
Congruently, if Arsenal draw, the magic number for every team drops by 1 (1 Arsenal point gained), if an opposing team draws, the magic number for them drops by 2 (2 points conceded). Throughout the season, these numbers keep dropping until there are 0 points which means it is impossible for that team to finish ahead of Arsenal. At the end of the season, if a team still has points, it means they finished ahead of Arsenal.
Final Equation = 115 - (Arsenal Points) - (Points conceded by the opposition)

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

thassa lot of words I ain't readin

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Arsenal: The Gathering

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

not not luvd posted:

right thread

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

not not luvd posted:

Much like Arsene Wenger when he builds his squads.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Ahaha

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

ozmunkeh posted:

Much like Arsene Wenger when he builds his squads.

aahahhahahaha

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

not not luvd posted:

haha my favorite thing about this is the subjective anecdotal reasoning to broadly paint a group of people as ridiculous caricatures for no other reason than to feel smugly superi-wait this is you?

LOL

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

blue footed boobie posted:

Below are the teams that Arsenal have yet to mathematically eliminate and are the only remaining challengers to Champions League Qualification
Team Matches Played Magic # % of remaining points needed to guarantee finishing ahead
Everton 31 18 95%
Tottenham 32 11 58%
Southampton 32 3 16%
Newcastle 32 1 5%
Notes
We've almost eliminated Newcastle. If they win out and we lose out, we will finish tied with them. (Not happening)
All we need to do is win one more game, or Southampton to lose one game to guarantee finishing ahead of them
Any combination of 3 with Arsenal wins or Manchester United losses will insure finishing ahead of United
The Tottenham magic number is 11. This means that St. Totteringham's day can be as early as in 2 matchdays. (A potential of 6 Magic Number points lost per matchday x2 matchdays will eliminate Sp*rs) Although they play Sunderland and West Brom next.
Everton are by far our biggest foes. This makes next weeks match one of the most important of the season. A win against them would drop their magic number from 18 to 12 and probably insure Champions League Qualification.
Magic Number Explained
Magic Number = Future Arsenal Points + Future Opponent Points Conceded that will ensure Arsenal finishing ahead of them
When the Magic Number = 0, it is mathematically impossible for the opponent to finish ahead of Arsenal. (If you look at Tottenham, this could be used as the St. Totteringham's Day Countdown)
ELI5: When the number drops to 0 Arsenal guarantee finishing ahead of that team. The number drops when Arsenal gain points and/or the team concedes points
Methodology
At the beginning of the season, every team has a potential of winning 38 games at 3 points/game = 114.
Adding one point ensures that when the magic number =0, it will result in finishing above rather than tied. So, for Arsenal, at the beginning of the season, their magic number for every team is 115. (114+1)
When Arsenal win 1 game (Let's say the first game is against Tottenham), they capture 3 points, making the threshold of finishing ahead of every team drop by 3 points. So now, Arsenal's magic number is 112. BUT, Tottenahm just conceded 3 points with the loss, meaning that the magic number for Spurs dropped an additional 3 points, meaning that the magic number for finishing ahead of Sp*rs is now 109. (This is where we get the phrase a "6 point game".
Congruently, if Arsenal draw, the magic number for every team drops by 1 (1 Arsenal point gained), if an opposing team draws, the magic number for them drops by 2 (2 points conceded). Throughout the season, these numbers keep dropping until there are 0 points which means it is impossible for that team to finish ahead of Arsenal. At the end of the season, if a team still has points, it means they finished ahead of Arsenal.
This is incredible for many reasons.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

To say like he was akin to a shark smelling blood would be inaccurate – sharks do not thrust themselves as frequently, or with the prolonged determination, of the Uruguayan. People sometimes survive shark attacks, too; the same cannot be said of Dawson.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

not not luvd posted:

You were posting this at exactly the same time:

not not luvd posted:

I can totally understand United fans not wanting Mourinho.

not not luvd posted:

I'd prefer coming fourth every year to spending a billion pounds earned by ruining the lives of millions of people.

It's fine that you hate Liverpool but your trying to justify it is pretty embarrassing.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Who's going to break the news to him? :smith:

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

yeeeessss

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Strawman posted:

To say like he was akin to a shark smelling blood would be inaccurate – sharks do not thrust themselves as frequently, or with the prolonged determination, of the Uruguayan. People sometimes survive shark attacks, too; the same cannot be said of Dawson.

Any money this is Kristian Walsh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

blue footed boobie posted:

Everton 31 18 95%
Tottenham 32 11 58%
Southampton 32 3 16%
Newcastle 32 1 5%
Notes
Magic Number Explained
Methodology

Thats Numberwang