Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
Not sure if this is the right thread but I was pleased with these - any critiques welcome though:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

One Swell Foop posted:

Not sure if this is the right thread but I was pleased with these - any critiques welcome though:

I like this one in particular. Nice symmetry and interesting building. I'd clone out the reflection in the bricks in the bottom middle though because it's a little distracting.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Come back soon, Summer :sigh:

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Will have to desaturate last one more, not like that hint of lime.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

single-mode fiber posted:

Come back soon, Summer :sigh:

I would have loved to see these two taken with a longer exposure, to really smooth out the water. The second one the most, the first one mainly because I want to see how it would turn out with all that moving water.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, me too, but I hadn't bought my tripod when I went on that trip, and the steadiest I could hold the camera was only like 1/20 sec. This year, though, the only question will be whether or not I give into temptation and get a D800. The first one is a part of Avalanche Creek that everyone who's ever visited the park has seen; a long exposure of it looks like this.

single-mode fiber fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 30, 2014

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Drewski
Apr 15, 2005

Good thing Vader didn't touch my bike. Good thing for him.

One Swell Foop posted:

I like this. I think it has a lot of pleasing symmetry. And of course all the leading lines. I'm just curious if you also took one from another angle, where you place the point of infinity into one of the left or right third of the photograph?

I've been walking around Seattle a lot lately. I haven't really been uploading a lot of them, but these are some of the cityscape pictures that I took yesterday.

Space Needle:

Backside of Pike Place Market

Space Needle and the ferris wheel

Drewski fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 30, 2014

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
So did you?

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

deaders posted:

So did you?

Hell no. I was standing on public property :colbert:

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

It was really rainy today, so I decided to go with it.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

deaders posted:

Is it a landscape if they are all in portrait orientation?

Love a good bush shot.

Nice processing on these!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

That's epic.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
For a minute I thought I had clicked on the YOSPOS pics thread and was looking at the latest from 2087.tumblr.com. In a good way.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

MrBlandAverage posted:

Hell no. I was standing on public property :colbert:

That's the motel from breaking bad, right?

Out of curiosity, how big is this "fee" they're demanding?

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

xzzy posted:

That's the motel from breaking bad, right?

Out of curiosity, how big is this "fee" they're demanding?

Yep, it's that one. It's actually, in my opinion, one of the less photogenic Route 66 motels in Albuquerque. No idea how much the fee is - why would I bother asking? :colbert:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Because I can't laugh about their idiocy on the internet without a dollar figure. :colbert:

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
I'll go ask them how much & then not pay it and take a photo from the sidewalk.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Sexy rocks

spf3million fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Apr 1, 2014

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Horizon looks a bit wonky, but that is pretty amazing nonetheless.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

RazalasSol
Sep 30, 2007

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

vote_no posted:

Horizon looks a bit wonky.
Thanks for pointing that out, I adjusted it a bit

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
gently caress you guys own. This thread is the highlight of my internet daily. <3

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

Drewski posted:

I like this. I think it has a lot of pleasing symmetry. And of course all the leading lines. I'm just curious if you also took one from another angle, where you place the point of infinity into one of the left or right third of the photograph?

Thanks, I looked through my shots and it looks like I didn't try that composition; by that point I think I was in a hurry to get back home due to another commitment, I'll give it a go in the near future though. It's also a superwide lens so I'll be interested to see if there's any effect on the linearity when the vanishing point is off-center.

I'm also going to try removing the water reflection from the other one, wasn't able to do it before as I just rebuilt my desktop machine after a motherboard issue and a RAID drive failure.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
Avoiding clichés by pointing my camera in the opposite direction from everyone else.

Trying to follow the water by panning. 105mm on an aps-c sensor = 1/60s minimum. Not a single shot at 1/30 came out.

Breadnought
Aug 25, 2009

These are rad.

It's cherry blossom time in Japan :japan:

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Digging these and your latest rock shots (:v:)

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

These are incredible. One day I'll figure this landscape thing out.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

David Pratt