Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dehry posted:

https://www.facebook.com/AtlusUSA/posts/10152029508623339

Raidou vs The Souless Army is a PSN Classic April 1st.

NOOOOOO! MY RESALE VALUE!!!!!!!

Edit: GOtta love Atlus though. Most companies wouldn't announce things that are actually probably going to happen for April 1st.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

Edit: GOtta love Atlus though. Most companies wouldn't announce things that are actually probably going to happen for April 1st.

The whole company is being spun off of new Index on the 1st.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Len posted:

It's okay, we've still got our sealed Raidou 2 copies with the Raiho plush.

I do, at least. :smug:

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
See, you can tell this is a real thing because if it wasn't, they'd have announced Nocturne instead. God I want to play that so bad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Walker posted:

See, you can tell this is a real thing because if it wasn't, they'd have announced Nocturne instead. God I want to play that so bad.

I wonder if the problem with Nocturne is Dante. They replaced him for the re-release they did in Japan recently and republishing a game with Capcom's IP in it just might not be possible without their permission.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cool, I always wanted to try the Raidou games.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if the problem with Nocturne is Dante. They replaced him for the re-release they did in Japan recently and republishing a game with Capcom's IP in it just might not be possible without their permission.

I wonder if it'd be easier to swap out Dante for Raidou in the localized version or if it'd be easier to transplant the localized script and translate Raidou's lines in the Raidou edition.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

I wonder if it'd be easier to swap out Dante for Raidou in the localized version or if it'd be easier to transplant the localized script and translate Raidou's lines in the Raidou edition.

Almost certainly the latter, but they'd still have to do retranslations of the Raidou material where it varies from Dante and do new Q&A and certifications and such to make sure their translation didn't break anything. I mean look at the European release of Overclocked where Ghostlight managed to gently caress things up despite using the same script. It's not remotely an impossible task but may not be worth it for a $10/$15 PSN re-release.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

That's a little disappointing to hear. I was hoping some version of Nocturne could be released so that we might have the chance to play the game with audio that doesn't sound like it's coming from a record player.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Well give Atlus some time, surely at some point they'll decide they need more money and put out a new version of Nocturne for like the 3DS or PS3 or something.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

Well give Atlus some time, surely at some point they'll decide they need more money and put out a new version of Nocturne for like the 3DS or PS3 or something.

They'll put Persona 3 Really Portable and Persona 4 Platinum before touching Nocturne I feel.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I'd say if the Vita was doing better it'd probably be a sure bet there. Maybe if Nintendo gets a 3DS successor with more horsepower out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If MGS3 can be on 3DS I'm pretty sure it could handle Nocturne just fine.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah, don't underestimate the 3DS.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hell, I'm pretty sure even SMT4's environments are more graphics intensive on their own than anything in Nocturne.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Not to be a downer but as much as I'd like any portable port of Nocturne, MGS3 notoriously ran like poo poo on the 3DS.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

laplace posted:

Not to be a downer but as much as I'd like any portable port of Nocturne, MGS3 notoriously ran like poo poo on the 3DS.

What if they just ported it to the SMTIV engine?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

ChaosArgate posted:

Just rip out random encounters and there you go. Ta-da. I guess you might have to re-do the battle system if people really want models instead of sprites. Either way I can't imagine it being too hard for the 3DS; Nocturne wasn't the most graphically intense PS2 game.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Dehry posted:

Persona Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHQVJCFIKTs
Kanji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbT9W7dDEfA
Koromaru

Atlus discovered people don't like Pewdiepie last night. The post about him playing Daylight and the apology were both taken down, but comments were tearing into Pewdiepie and recommending they work with Two Friends Play or Game Grumps. Slowbeef got a screenshot though.

https://twitter.com/slowbeef/status/449374788302422016

Kanji gushing over Koromaru and miniature Teddy is pretty funny. I like that PQ seems to be taking the P3/P4 crew to their logical Hanna-Barbara cartoon conclusion.

Dear Atlus, please make a SMT version of Wacky Racers next, with Personas as go-karts.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Kanji gushing over Koromaru and miniature Teddy is pretty funny. I like that PQ seems to be taking the P3/P4 crew to their logical Hanna-Barbara cartoon conclusion.

Dear Atlus, please make a SMT version of Wacky Racers next, with Personas as go-karts.

I would buy this and scream at all my friends until they bought it too.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

LeSquide posted:

I would buy this and scream at all my friends until they bought it too.

Sadly, everyone would always choose Mara as their car making it kind of boring :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Sadly, everyone would always choose Mara as their car making it kind of boring :v:

That depends on how much time is spent on the physics engine.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

ChaosArgate posted:

Might be a little trickier than it seems-- SMTIV strictly curtailed the size of its maps, and Nocturne's are pretty sprawling. I'm sure it could be done but I'm not sure how easy it would be.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd really prefer it be on the Vita regardless of how feasible the 3DS is, honestly.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd really prefer it be on the Vita regardless of how feasible the 3DS is, honestly.

I honestly would be happy with just making the Vita able to play PS2 games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

I honestly would be happy with just making the Vita able to play PS2 games.

If they made the Vita capable of playing even PS2 classics I'd probably buy a second one because goddamn.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Maybe when PS4 gets PS1/2 emulation the Remote play will work for them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

PS4 can't already play PS2 Classics? Well poo poo, at least the Vita can already play PS1 stuff. Guess if I wanna play that Raidou game it'll be on PS3.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

PS4 can't already play PS2 Classics? Well poo poo, at least the Vita can already play PS1 stuff. Guess if I wanna play that Raidou game it'll be on PS3.

The Vita CAN play PS2 classics, Sony just won't let us.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Unmature posted:

The Vita CAN play PS2 classics, Sony just won't let us.

Yeah, THE MAN is just hiding that on-board PS2 emulator from us.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
There are so many PS2 JRPG's I would burn through on a Vita. Bravely Default and P4G spoiled me on JRPG's with quick startup features.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

There are so many PS2 JRPG's I would burn through on a Vita. Bravely Default and P4G spoiled me on JRPG's with quick startup features.

Right? I've got a stack of 'em I just don't wanna start because I know I'll get tired of playing them on a TV like Dragon Quest VIII and Nocturne.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yeah, JRPGs work so much better on handhelds. I feel the same with SRPGs as well, so Persona 5 being PS3 and the Fire Emblem crossover being Wii U really sucks (also I don't have a Wii U and don't want one for much else).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Eh, give Atlus a year or two after P5 drops and they'll have Persona 5 Perfect or something on Vita.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's also very possible Persona 5 will be kind of lovely.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Eh, give Atlus a year or two after P5 drops and they'll have Persona 5 Perfect or something on Vita.

Well sure, but I want to play it when it's released. :v:

ImpAtom posted:

It's also very possible Persona 5 will be kind of lovely.

What makes you think that? The Sega acquisition?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well, we don't really have any story or gameplay information on P5. Something about being chained to society's norms and still being set in anime high school if I'm remembering correctly. It could be quite a good game but they could try something "new and revolutionary" that ends up making it horrible.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Persona is their biggest money maker so I doubt they're gonna rock the boat to much on it, unless Sega tries to make demands or rush it.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
I don't think there's any information on the actual setting yet is there?

Still holding out for Salaryman Quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Considering literally the past 4 games were set in a high school, I don't see why P5 would be special. EP is the only exception to the rule and that's a sequel.