Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Can anyone think of a reason why the police in my game are acting like vampires? When I hang out near them they make snarling noises instead of whatever dialogue cops have, I kill them and they turn to ash, etc. I'm using CQM and its latest patch, and Googling didn't turn up any other instances of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I've got a weird bug myself- since my most recent install, whenever I feed on somebody, there's this loud sucking and slurping noise that I've never heard before. It's actually pretty gross.

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009

Crindee posted:

Can anyone think of a reason why the police in my game are acting like vampires? When I hang out near them they make snarling noises instead of whatever dialogue cops have, I kill them and they turn to ash, etc. I'm using CQM and its latest patch, and Googling didn't turn up any other instances of this.

Sounds like its working as intended.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Crindee posted:

LordLeckie posted:

Sounds like its working as intended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzS5ZiFZnxY

God bless this age in which I can type literally two words into YouTube and find the exact scene out of a movie I'm looking for.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

All of the poo poo he has barring the eyes and the hands look TERRIBLE. Jesus.

e: vv They kind of do, but they look better than the dull matte eyes in the example shots.

Hence I said interesting, not good. I'm sure someone could cook up a better SweetFX profile to make the lighting and colors look better. Hell, if you really wanted to be badass, you could link profile tweaks to power timers and do poo poo like blurry edges when using Celerity, or weird red lighting when using Blood Shield.

Almost entirely unnecessary, of course, but still sort of cool in theory.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

So how does one get the music mod to work? I used to do it up manually (replacing game .mp3s with my own renamed songs) but ran into the same issue - entering an area in which a new song is implemented causes a CDT. Anybody run into this and got past?

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Basic Chunnel posted:

So how does one get the music mod to work? I used to do it up manually (replacing game .mp3s with my own renamed songs) but ran into the same issue - entering an area in which a new song is implemented causes a CDT. Anybody run into this and got past?

Way back in the day that was caused by using songs with certain meta-tag info. MP3's that had been opened once in Windows Media Player for instance would cause CTDs because WMP automatically added some type of metadata to anything it played that the game couldn't handle.

That might be the same issue you're running into now.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

WMP has never been opened on my computer! All through iTunes. I guess the easiest thing to do would be to convert to WAV and then back to mp3.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

WMP has never been opened on my computer! All through iTunes. I guess the easiest thing to do would be to convert to WAV and then back to mp3.

iTunes is even worse than WMP for adding unnecessary garbage to mp3s. That's your problem.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I haven't played this game in a while (probably 5 years or so since my last play through), I used the newest patches and mods from the OP, but do any of them mess with the console commands? I've beat the game 3-4 times and I just want to cheat my stats and rock out, but when I spend my consoled XP on disciplines, the abilities aren't showing up on my mouse wheel options.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Karnegal posted:

I haven't played this game in a while (probably 5 years or so since my last play through), I used the newest patches and mods from the OP, but do any of them mess with the console commands? I've beat the game 3-4 times and I just want to cheat my stats and rock out, but when I spend my consoled XP on disciplines, the abilities aren't showing up on my mouse wheel options.

You have to hotkey them. That's just a bug with the Camarilla mod, I believe. Go into your options and assign hotkeys to specific powers to switch to them, they're all there.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I've never played this game before, do I just install this patch and I'm good to go?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

No, just use the Clan Quest mod. Any patch updates beyond that are minimally different and lack the substantial content additions that CQM provides

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Basic Chunnel posted:

No, just use the Clan Quest mod. Any patch updates beyond that are minimally different and lack the substantial content additions that CQM provides

Cool. I'm installing it right now and I noticed that Camarilla and Histories are mutually exclusive?

Farecoal fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 14, 2014

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Yeah, Camarilla's the better of the two imo

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
BREAKING: The World of Darkness MMO has been cancelled.

quote:

World of Darkness, the in-development massively multiplayer online title based on the Vampire: The Masquerade universe, is no more, developer CCP announced today.

CCP's Atlanta office will see layoffs of 56 employees, it was confirmed, with a number of staff offered roles within the company.

"The decision to end the World of Darkness MMO project is one of the hardest I've ever had to make," CCP CEO Hilmar Veigar Petursson said in a prepared statement. "I have always loved and valued the idea of a sandbox experience set in that universe, and over the years I've watched the team passionately strive to make that possible.

"... To our current and former employees and fans of World of Darkness, I am truly sorry that we could not deliver the experience that we aspired to make. We dreamed of a game that would transport you completely into the sweeping fantasy of World of Darkness, but had to admit that our efforts were falling regretfully short. One day I hope we will make it up to you."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Because no one saw that coming.

MMOs are a dying market, there just isn't enough of a profit margin anymore for the amount of work you have to do.

Matthaeus
Aug 1, 2013

Disappointing but not surprising at all. Would be nice if CCP sold the White Wolf IPs to Onyx Path since they don't need them anymore.

Matthaeus fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 14, 2014

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

That sucks. I hope someone makes another WoD game. VtMB is probably my all time favorite.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bearserker posted:

Disappointing but not surprising at all. Would be nice if CCP sold the White Wolf IPs to Onyx Path since they don't need them anymore.

Aren't OPP already the ones doing the 20th Anniversary releases?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Aren't OPP already the ones doing the 20th Anniversary releases?

Yeah, they pay a license fee to CCP. By Night Studios licenses the LARP rights.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

Yeah, they pay a license fee to CCP.

Ah, right, fair enough. I doubt CCP will do anything like selling the rights, though - it's a somewhat-valuable IP and they're already doing fine with leasing them to OPP.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I don't think it was ever going to work in a way that meshed with the experience presented in any of the other media for this licence, so it's probably for the best.
You were always going to end up with an MMO about secret cabals of vampires, in which players run around throwing dumpsters at each other in the middle of the street, and slicing up dozens of pedestrians for kicks. That's no bad thing in a game, but it was going to come as a surprise to anybody who went in wanting an ~immersive vampire experience~
With any luck they'll be able to licence it out to some studio who can put out a good SP RPG.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

That MMO was dead walking since it was announced, I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner. Would be nice to see something set in the universe, though. They could probably just make another game in the style of Bloodlines and not have to deal with a bunch of dumb MMO poo poo.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Oberleutnant posted:

I don't think it was ever going to work in a way that meshed with the experience presented in any of the other media for this licence, so it's probably for the best.
You were always going to end up with an MMO about secret cabals of vampires, in which players run around throwing dumpsters at each other in the middle of the street, and slicing up dozens of pedestrians for kicks. That's no bad thing in a game, but it was going to come as a surprise to anybody who went in wanting an ~immersive vampire experience~
With any luck they'll be able to licence it out to some studio who can put out a good SP RPG.

Obsidian presents Bloodlines 2 would do pretty well, I think.

Matthaeus
Aug 1, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Ah, right, fair enough. I doubt CCP will do anything like selling the rights, though - it's a somewhat-valuable IP and they're already doing fine with leasing them to OPP.

Yeah, I doubt Onyx Path has the money to afford it either. I just think they would be more likely to license out the IP for a Bloodlines spiritual successor than CCP who seems quite content sitting on the property.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
CCP might well just sit on the licence, but I usually associate that sort of behaviour with massive publishers who have previously made poo poo loads of money with an IP, and have so many other profitable properties that they can afford to squat. CCP has only sunk money into this property since the day they got it, I bet they'd be happy to rent it out to a smaller dev and take a chunk of their profit to offset some of their losses.
It also allows another company to take the financial risks with the next shot at establishing a WoD video game franchise, and if that works CCP has less risk involved in trying to exploit it a second time.

quote:

I like it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Bloodlines 2 would be the sensible thing to do with the IP, but it's hard to tell what weird decisions people in charge are going to make about stuff like this. At least the only way to go is up when compared to 'full-on MMO'.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

If anyone could've made a good VtM MMO, it would have been CCP. Such a darn shame it was cancelled, it seemed to have very exciting ideas that would shake up the MMO genre in general, perhaps having a much greater impact than Eve did.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Bloodlines 2 would be the sensible thing to do with the IP, but it's hard to tell what weird decisions people in charge are going to make about stuff like this. At least the only way to go is up when compared to 'full-on MMO'.
Even if CCP were willing license it for single-player games, would they have the cash on hand to make it? They had to partner with Sony on Dust 514 beause they're a small company without a ton of resources.

On the other hand, they could reach out to someone like inXile or Obsidian and Kickstart it, but even the most successful Kickstarter would still probably only cover a smallish chunk of the budget.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

CQM is about two years of (quite substantial) patches behind now, unless there's been some major release since 3.0 that I'm not seeing.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Dominic White posted:

CQM is about two years of (quite substantial) patches behind now, unless there's been some major release since 3.0 that I'm not seeing.

The patches have literally been "Moved x to y" and have no real bearing on anything substantial in the game beyond what some crazy person thinks should be the way the game is. The patches included in CQM are the last major versions that actually fixed major bugs.

I guess the only substantial thing the patches have added beyond that which is included in CQM is the option to kill the Werewolf in normal combat which is questionably useful, since it negates the point of that encounter and would be a huge pain in the rear end anyway.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Pope Guilty posted:

Holy poo poo, yes.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Ddraig posted:

The patches have literally been "Moved x to y" and have no real bearing on anything substantial in the game beyond what some crazy person thinks should be the way the game is. The patches included in CQM are the last major versions that actually fixed major bugs.

There's been a shitload of restored content in the last ten or so patches, including adding character animations for every active power, and most recently sweetFX integration and an included toolset. Because I've got nothing better to do in the next 10 minutes, here's the changes since the last CQM build was released, in alphabetical order and split by Plus/Regular features:

+Added a Sabbat option to endgame and improved library level details.
+Added and fixed some last library textures, thanks to burgermeister.
+Added animations for all active disciplines, thanks to EntenSchreck.
+Added Blood Eye as Purge partial resistance, thanks to EntenSchreck.
+Added credits to easter egg ending and moved Yugo near SM blueblood.
+Added dialogue to diner trap and moved Obfuscator to original spot.
+Added Empire Hotel and ending dance spots and made Glaze one plus.
+Added Fortitude, Potence and more particles, thanks to Entenschreck.
+Added Humanity for keeping Zhao alive and restored two feed sounds.
+Added Humanity loss for killing Ash or Johansen at Leopold Society.
+Added Humanity losses and gains to SM blueblood and tutorial guard.
+Added Intimidating Milligan for Nosferatu and fixed armor effects.
+Added missing Animalism particles and update to Ash's Leopold quest.
+Added missing steam to clinic, Ocean House, Vesuvius and Hollywood.
+Added new idle animations, some with whispers, thanks EntenSchreck.
+Added note to Luckee Star to give some hint on werewolf easter eggs.
+Added option to sell severed arms to Pisha and tutorial armor info.
+Added shaking cables and a hidden Ash sewers whisper for Malkavians.
+Added two inspections, warehouse boss talk trigger and moved Yugo.
+Added way to get a new discipline from Beckett, thanks EntenSchreck.
+Avoided crashing when testing out too many histories, thanks to AJ.
+Changed Gangrel warform to wolf version, thanks to RR_DF_RaptorRed.
+Changed Jian into broadsword and armed Chang brother with a katana.
+Corrected Danielle disappearing from Asylum and added oak animation.
+Corrected issues of new Vandal options and removed Skyeline trigger.
+Corrected new Knox line subtitles and removed cast autoexec binding.
+Disarmed Dominated guard bomb on taking and fixed one sound there.
+Dropped Sheriff sword on the roof, thanks MooCHa for missing models.
+Enabled dynamic light for torch and fixed special Vesuvius meeting.
+Extended first warrens spiderchick cutscene, thanks to EntenSchreck.
+Fixed beachhouse cash bug by using cigarbox and a loop with the bum.
+Fixed Danielle and Gimble problem and a misplaced Ocean House spark.
+Fixed dead beachhouse dog doing damage and getting extra gallery XP.
+Fixed dead guard acting at Skyeline Apartments and stuck headrunner.
+Fixed details of thug, Andrei, Ox, LaCroix, VV and Lily dialogues.
+Fixed downtown elevators and added five arrows, thanks vladdmaster.
+Fixed female Gangrel idle and crossbow wield models, thanks DDLullu.
+Fixed first person hand for female Tremere, thanks to EntenSchreck.
+Fixed getting new discipline, grenade, divine light and Vandal line.
+Fixed idles with Imalia and Mitnick and changed horror tape titles.
+Fixed LaSombra teleport death and made new occult items undroppable.
+Fixed Mandarin dialogue not starting if Obfuscated and a Carson bug.
+Fixed some minor discipline issues and restored the basic versions.
+Fixed Thaumaturgy disciplines not working again after player frenzy.
+Fixed tutorial guard Humanity issues and getting stuck with Gimble.
+Fixed warform using occult items issue and improved Bloodheal rate.
+Fixed warrens mist issue and made fatguys use the claws more often.
+Improved Bloodheal sound and restored HUD sounds and botch message.
+Improved bobcat, forklift, Chinese mugger and Obfuscator sequences.
+Improved getting new discipline and keeping the .38 in the tutorial.
+Improved library riddle, boss navigation and fixed bookcase issues.
+Improved new idling and new bats, thanks to Entenschreck and Malkav.
+Improved poster quest logs and canceled Vandal quest on paying him.
+Improved Presence dialogue options and raised haven bum cash to $10.
+Improved restored broadsword damage and made Dane items undroppable.
+Improved warehouse boss perception and swapped model with bartender.
+Increased cemetery gate health and restored basic patch spawn rates.
+Increased durations of level 3 Dementation and Dominate disciplines.
+Increased flamethrower ammo and provided Desert Eagle ammo earlier.
+Made Braid Talisman raise Wits and restored SM Chunk avoiding rain.
+Made it possible to give redundant items to LaCroix and other NPCs.
+Made Kiki leave Red Dragon and corrected original music at SM pier.
+Made new elevator arrows light up and stealth work on clinic guard.
+Made Nosferatu break Masquerade easier and Romero return once again.
+Made NPCs act longer distance to Nosferatu, thanks to EntenSchreck.
+Made Pearl of Dubai Charisma powerup again and fixed Mercurio money.
+Made Romero boink possible after zombie quest and Wong Ho stand up.
+Made spooky cover sound once and plus only and added steam to Yugo.
+Made Strauss give Fae Charm and Isaac Pearl or money when in basic.
+Made turnstile turn and restored Empire TV news, thanks vladdmaster.
+Made werewolf damageable, thanks to Lenuska and also andagangrel89.
+Modified Potence and Thaumaturgy animations, thanks to EntenSchreck.
+Moved crying girl near cops at pier and changed her to unique NPC.
+Moved easter eggs hint from note to restored laptop at Luckee Star.
+Moved new Gary poster quest items around to prepare for library map.
+Moved Sabbat choice into Hallowbrook atrium and added missing XPs.
+Moved Vesuvius barkeeper to Confession and changed invincible Larry.
+Placed a GLOCK pistol in Fu Syndicate and increased new idle rates.
+Placed two patrons into Lotus Blossom and lowered perceptions there.
+Recreated "maze" room at Grout's Mansion and restored three icons.
+Recreated library, thanks for beta testing to vladdmaster and Stosh.
+Recreated missing Hallowbrook atrium level, thanks to EntenSchreck.
+Removed .38 of Flynn and made the GLOCK of Boris be plus patch only.
+Removed a Gangrel animation and fixed idle howling during dialogue.
+Removed buggy Command schedules and fixed Vision of Death and Sleep.
+Removed Domination's mass suicide to add sleep, thanks EntenSchreck.
+Removed Giovanni sarcophagus shortcut and added missing Bertram XP.
+Removed girl body from King's Way again and two Ash sewer switches.
+Removed Nosferatu change again, because it only affected the radar.
+Removed thugs from diner after quest if you avoided fighting them.
+Removed Toreador and Ventrue stat bonuses and fixed library details.
+Repaired Blood Shield light effect and updated Presentable history.
+Repaired temple Chang skin and gave katana to him and blade brother.
+Restored an Ocean House ghost sequence and missing tutorial sounds.
+Restored Andrei scene and Presence effects, thanks to Entenschreck.
+Restored animal movement for new warform and swapped some MP items.
+Restored character creation questions and a sewer-cabbie animation.
+Restored Confession turnstile, King's Way animation and six decals.
+Restored discipline crosshair, tutorial graphic and some particles.
+Restored discipline or weapon selection toggle and Flynn as vendor.
+Restored Dominate Command instead of Trance, thanks to EntenSchreck.
+Restored embrace and discipline hud particles, thanks EntenSchreck.
+Restored first person Thaumaturgy animation, thanks to EntenSchreck.
+Restored guard dog that can do damage to beachhouse, thanks Lenuska.
+Restored guard in the tutorial, thanks MalkyJeff and burgermeister.
+Restored hot tub guy sequence and corrected Chastity disappearance.
+Restored jenny_cries sequence on SM hub for Jeanette near Mercurio.
+Restored Kiki to Red Dragon and actors being killed at Ground Zero.
+Restored Kilpatrick, Wong Ho, Yukie and pinball player's sequences.
+Restored leaf and smoke to Grout's mansion and fog to warrens lake.
+Restored male blood doll at Red Dragon by using former Tong mugger.
+Restored Malkavian disciplines Veil and Voice, thanks EntenSchreck.
+Restored many particles and idle animations, thanks to Entenschreck.
+Restored Mr. Ox's pipe and made all restored gestures be plus only.
+Restored Ocean House boiler model and animated warehouse generator.
+Restored Ocean House valve, sprinkler, cans, doors and some sounds.
+Restored option to stealth kill Johnny and to get gallery bonus XP.
+Restored or fixed fourty NPC gestures and fixed Confession blocks.
+Restored Pearl of Dubai as Celerity powerup and braid for computers.
+Restored Presence dialogue tutorial popup and missing junkyard dogs.
+Restored private dance for Misti and Beckett leaving the warehouse.
+Restored proper Giovanni spirit use and inventory disciplines slot.
+Restored several unused doors to tattoo shop and Hallowbrook lobby.
+Restored sewer-cabbie rat for Malkavians and wolf-ending easter egg.
+Restored Sheriff conjuring Bat's Communion, thanks to Entenschreck.
+Restored ten decals, moved others and removed restored from basic.
+Restored ten scenery props into sewers and Hallowbrook Hotel levels.
+Restored third person Thaumaturgy animation, thanks to EntenSchreck.
+Restored two menu effects and unused Pisha eyes for LaSombra female.
+Restored two spiderchick and fatguy animations, thanks EntenSchreck.
+Restored water, steam, fire and vomit effects, thanks EntenSchreck.
+Set eight occult powerups to be unknown unless Research stat is met.
+Shortened library level cutscene and killing actions at Ground Zero.
+Turned library boss to LaSombra and made him appear at SM junkyard.
+Unleaked and improved library and atrium maps, thanks to Psycho-A.
+Unrestored library props elsewhere and fixed warform missing model.
Activated asian vampire laptop screensaver and cover sound variable.
Added Bloodlines SDK to Extras folder, thanks Psycho-A and Fire64.
Added BSPDetail, Blender, VampEd and import/export to Extras folder.
Added cfg and scripts for modding, thanks to Dheu and EntenSchreck.
Added fixed lockpick and physcannon item files to free view weapons.
Added magazine quest state for killing Flynn and aborted getting it.
Added netcafe entry update for Ash and fixed Venture Tower handles.
Added newpaper for stealth Glaze and changed Fu newspaper condition.
Added or removed doorknobs to make it obvious which doors are real.
Added shoe textures to Ash, Ash double and Slater, thanks to MooCHa.
Added SweetFX to Extras folder, thanks for the tip to Caner Özdemir.
Added widescreen resolution support to engine.dll, thanks to Behar.
Closed museum and Hallowbrook map holes and changed the doors there.
Corrected Anders/Ingvar and Larry's quest errors using sound files.
Corrected console errors on game start and a museum guard AI place.
Corrected floating Mercurio and passive guard inside Venture Tower.
Corrected Grout's mansion decals, tutorial bucket and tattoo boxes.
Corrected Hallowbrook Hotel door opening at and moved two spawners.
Corrected King's Way details and a Hollywood Asian theater trigger.
Corrected Luckee Star hotel easter egg and Gimble intercom problem.
Corrected Ocean House quests not closing if you refused the gallery.
Corrected several downtown NPCs stats and Beckett's cut lines again.
Corrected some new histories bugs and added handle to Venture Tower.
Corrected three interesting places with wrong bum animations in SM.
Corrected tutorial issues and restored one sign, thanks vladdmaster.
Corrected XP and restored log for unravelling Knox and Bertram plan.
Corrected Yukie and Pisha dialogue issues and restored Nines' line.
Decreased Fu Syndicate's cross guy timeout and fixed a bad doorknob.
Deleted computer restorations from basic and restored two passwords.
Disabled buggy spawner in warrens level and fixed Noir cop problem.
Fixed a few gender related bad dialogue sound files, thanks to UDM.
Fixed an elevator icon at Venture Tower and corrected two map ones.
Fixed Ash, Jack, Vandal, Romero, Mercurio and Therese dialogue bugs.
Fixed basic poster quest order and only Nosferatu getting CD email.
Fixed bugs with Ash and Chastity quests and with the medical guard.
Fixed Cabbie's seating on some maps and people not giving jewelery.
Fixed claws usage in gallery, Hallowbrook Hotel and Grout's mansion.
Fixed croucher laughs and no floats for females bug, thanks to AJ.
Fixed double business card, clinic guard, Damsel and Isaac problems.
Fixed final Masquerade violation crashes and five bad opening doors.
Fixed hacking Krimeputer and added missing particle impact effects.
Fixed Humanity loss of Hollywood thugs and missing Heather options.
Fixed impossible warrens start location and teleporting at junkyard.
Fixed Isaac/Gargoyle quest state bug and adjusted several histories.
Fixed killing downtown Ming and replaced boat-ending asian vampire.
Fixed minor map problems and many dialogue details, thanks to Fabio.
Fixed Ocean House double ghost encounter and moved elevator buttons.
Fixed pause messages in engine.dll, random sounds and many floats.
Fixed Phil and Vandal dialogues and raised Well Educated penalties.
Fixed sick bum respawning downtown and warehouse locked double door.
Fixed SM and Hollywood hub club music and restored a Vesuvius sound.
Fixed Tseng, guard, stripper, raver and more models, thanks MooCHa.
Fixed two particles, a door and added loading tips texts to Extras.
Fixed Venture Tower cameras and restored one Asylum elevator sound.
Fixed warehouse thug with long range eyesight and minor text issues.
Hexedited floats in parking garage and downtown hub, thanks DDLullu.
Hid male Gangrel player model hole and rearranged UP Python scrips.
Improved cameras of Nines' intro, roof exit and epilogue cutscenes.
Improved installer by providing additional choices on installation.
Improved observatory cutscene cameras and fixed high stats tutorial.
Improved plus/basic Python code and fixed morphine quest state bug.
Improved tutorial popups and removed forced Andrei speech subtitles.
Improved TV and radio state consistencies in SM and downtown havens.
Locked morgue freezers, fixed text issues and improved level names.
Made Beckett invincible at the pier and updated walkthrough issues.
Made King's Way door consistent and fixed a Society of Leopold lock.
Moved possible Gimble's entrance block and fixed minor text details.
Prevented dead Tommy Flayton from writing review, thanks to Malkav.
Prevented ways to break hospital, Mandarin and Romero quest scripts.
Prevented zero Humanity in Johansen dialogue and delayed Nines line.
Re-fixed hostess bug and added crosshair to free view melee weapons.
Reduced slime particles at temple and hid observatory debug switch.
Removed bad sentence of Mercurio and one of Isaac's two "evening"s.
Removed bugged plaguebearer sewers lock and Mandarin dialogue loop.
Removed getting poster from VV in basic and fixed guard bodies bug.
Removed hatch reflection and updated and restored model sewer maps.
Removed histories, skip intro and Nosferatu/NPC changes from basic.
Removed illogical first SM quest info and fixed minor text details.
Removed most restored models, skins, icons and key binds from basic.
Repaired bad clockhands in intro, bailbonds and observatory levels.
Repaired bad Ocean House basement sprite and traffic lights on hubs.
Repaired many sound files with broken looping, thanks to Psycho-A.
Repaired warrens and boiler pipes and reconciling sisters extra XP.
Restored eight sounds to Ocean House, two to SM and one to warrens.
Restored Heather before talking to Prince but referred to new haven.
Restored Johansen dialog Humanity changes and cut-off Beckett lines.
Restored Muddy fighting killer animation and so fixed the cutscene.
Restored Ocean House moon and fixed floating rails issues downtown.
Restored plaguebearer quest log, Regent line and Kerri waiting line.
Restored several dialogue gestures of Venus and a big line for Knox.
Restored sounds at Society of Leopold and made others more audible.
Restored SWAT rifle from Mercurio and dropped Chang blade in basic.
Restored three more histories for each clan and minor level details.
Restored three skyboxes to warehouse, Dane and Hallowbrook atrium.
Restored unaccessible Prince, Damsel, Flynn, Hatter and Ming lines.
Restored unused floats of Larry and five civilians, cops and guards.
Restored Venture Tower bodies after Sabbat attack, thanks to Malkav.
Restored warform moving again and five interesting place animations.
Returned Steyr AUG Sabbats to Hallowbrook and Zulo fire sensitivity.
Updated SweetFX to 1.5 and included a preset, thanks to eeekitties.

Only a handful of things moved. Almost all of it is stuff added, fixed or restored.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 14, 2014

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Republican Vampire posted:

Even if CCP were willing license it for single-player games, would they have the cash on hand to make it? They had to partner with Sony on Dust 514 beause they're a small company without a ton of resources.

On the other hand, they could reach out to someone like inXile or Obsidian and Kickstart it, but even the most successful Kickstarter would still probably only cover a smallish chunk of the budget.

It's hard to tell how much money they have left floating around, but hopefully someone realizes that a Bloodlines 2 is pretty much the only way to get any 'guaranteed' sales since there really isn't anything else out there for the setting videogame-wise that did as well.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

lordfrikk posted:

Holy poo poo, yes.

And here comes the obligatory post where someone points out that that almost happened, but it was killed in favour of the now-dead MMO.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

It's hard to tell how much money they have left floating around, but hopefully someone realizes that a Bloodlines 2 is pretty much the only way to get any 'guaranteed' sales since there really isn't anything else out there for the setting videogame-wise that did as well.

Bloodlines didn't exactly do well, but that style of game is doing pretty well anyway, isn't it? DXHR sold pretty well.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I think Bloodlines has picked up a reputation as an under-appreciated classic over the years thanks to people talking about it and Let's Playing it online.

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

What would be the point otherwise?

drat, that's spooky. I only found out about the MMO a few days ago and now this.

Also, I know poo poo-all about development, but you would think just going by the robust modding community that a Bloodlines 2 would be a no-brainer in any context.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

I mean, Bloodlines didn't really do all that well, but it was better than the other junk and still has a cult following today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Dominic White posted:

There's been a shitload of restored content in the last ten or so patches, including adding character animations for every active power, and most recently sweetFX integration and an included toolset. Because I've got nothing better to do in the next 10 minutes, here's the changes since the last CQM build was released, in alphabetical order and split by Plus/Regular features:

Only a handful of things moved. Almost all of it is stuff added, fixed or restored.

Again, these are things that are rather marginal at best (added extra dance markers, whoopee) or stuff that Camarilla etc. already do.

No major gamebreaking bugs fixed, or incredibly major new features added, especially not compared to Clan Quest which adds much more substantial content, fully integrated into the game, a lot of which overlaps with the fixes the latest WESP patches have made.

When it comes down to it, CQM is still the best option. Unless you really, really care about that drat missing steam.

• Locked thread