Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I've gotta say, 80-85 div was kind of a breeze for me, though the massive amount of bonus xp I had in it and the lumps I got from Mahjarrat Memories definitely sped that along. I don't mind afking it as much as I do, say, fishing, as with that I have to spam-drop the fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvrad
Jun 30, 2006

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I've gotta say, 80-85 div was kind of a breeze for me, though the massive amount of bonus xp I had in it and the lumps I got from Mahjarrat Memories definitely sped that along. I don't mind afking it as much as I do, say, fishing, as with that I have to spam-drop the fish.

You can spam drop easily now by putting a raw fish on your action bar and holding down the hotkey. It works for anything that shows Use and Drop as the first 2 actions on the right click menu.

It makes things like power leveling fishing and hunter a whole lot faster.

You can also note your farming produce by using it on the tool leprechaun.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Oh, I knew about all of that already, but I've found hotbar dropping to be bugged half the time, where you'll hit the button and it just doesn't drop. Mostly this happens at Pyramid Plunder, but I've had it happen while fishing.

Also, it unfortunately doesn't work at Barbarian Fishing, which is one of the only sane fishing methods (besides Dungeoneering fishing).

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
The farming rewards for the Easter event sound exciting! :burger:

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

jagex posted:

Don't worry, we won't be increasing the max skill level with this update.

This is all I took from that BTS. Realistically it'll be something like 6 years before they actually up the level cap it's just funny they made sure to specify that.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
I feel like this nicely sums up the Runescape fanbase

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Themata posted:

I am still a firm believer that everyone else has to suffer because I did :colbert:

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope his friend sees that and they get in to a knife fight as the guy realizes how much of a dumb bitch his friend is

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Blast of Confetti posted:

i hope his friend sees that terrible overuse of lol and they get in to a knife fight as the guy realizes how much of a dumb bitch his friend is

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Blast of Confetti posted:

i hope his friend sees that and they get in to a knife fight as the guy realizes how much of a dumb bitch his friend is

lol u n00b, lol i c u in da duel arena lol

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
"Stop trying to make the game fun/less awful for my selfish and masturbatory reasons!" :argh:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

makes me want to gouge my eyes with a fork

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Poonerman posted:

makes me want to gouge my eyes with a fork

Press Enter -> G -> C -> G -> 7

Repeat as necessary.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Press Enter -> G -> C -> G -> 7

Repeat as necessary.

You know you've been playing rs too long when you don't even have to look up what quickchat comes up for that.

Actually its like 1 of 3 I know by heart.

The other 2 are ENTER+S+F+1/2(to ask/flaunt dung level) and ENTER+S+S+4(to check my slayer task)

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Themata posted:

I missed out on boots :(

16 agility it is!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Annoying pubbie approaches me in the Chaos Tunnels (Daredevil area) and makes up some sob story, saying he needs a super restore flask. I was almost done with my slayer task and was feeling generous, so whatever. I finished the task, warp out, deposited everything, and buy two restore flasks because I'm super duper nice. Ran back into the wild with just the flasks where I was greeted by the same idiot and his band of dipshit geeks ready to obliterate me.

I should've seen it coming because the guy followed me, as if he wanted me to lead him out of the tunnels into the wilderness with my full Bandos and Maul :razz:. Fortunately, few people are that stupid and I went the rational route.

All in all, a negligible loss, but one that annoys me. Stupid clownfuck.

e: As it turns out, the person who duped me tried the same thing to Kari about a month ago. What the gently caress?

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 31, 2014

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
So I was organizing my bank a little bit earlier, and at Themata's behest, I'm posting some screenshots.

Since I only started a week ago this isn't quite a rat's nest yet, but I still wanted to get it in order. I'm still fiddling with some of the tabs too.

Concealed under the tooltip is a spirit emerald, a strange rock, and the statue fragment bag.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The lesson for today is: don't trust pubbies.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Incidentally, it's the exact same pubbie that tried to pull the same lure on me one or two months ago, which means that's probably all they've been doing this entire time. I just kept my regular equipment though and teleported in with a gargoyle helmet and the fucker removed me from his/her list. :v:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
It's also someone powerful and rich enough to not need to resort to scumbag tactics to get by.

Basically, he's trying to lure people for no reason other than to prey on human kindness. Slimebag.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I lost like 1/10000 of my wealth, but I'm ticked because I should know better after a decade+ of playing.

Alas, we're all human and make errors in judgment.

Dirigibleful
Mar 29, 2014

What are the common runescape scams and tricks? I haven't played much of it so I'm a little out of touch

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Dirigibleful posted:

What are the common runescape scams and tricks? I haven't played much of it so I'm a little out of touch

If it looks too good to be true, was it a goon? If yes, it's probably good game advice. No? It's probably a pubbie being dumb as gently caress or a scam.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Dirigibleful posted:

Step 1. Don't trust anything a pubbie says.
Step 2. When in doubt, refer to step 1.

Dirigibleful
Mar 29, 2014

subhelios posted:

Step 1. Don't trust anything a pubbie says.
Step 2. When in doubt, refer to step 1.

I don't know, some guy offered me a reasonable price for a bridge

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Dirigibleful posted:

If A pubie is selling anything outside of the ge, or asks you to buy something for them off the ge (with big ticket items, runes and b staves are fine) it's a scam.

Also never buy any spirit shards for any pubie ever or fallow any pubie to some obscure location like the temple of ikov dungeon or anywhere near rekella.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

allta posted:

If A pubie is selling anything outside of the ge, or asks you to buy something for them off the ge (with big ticket items, runes and b staves are fine) it's a scam.

Also never buy any spirit shards for any pubie ever or fallow any pubie to some obscure location like the temple of ikov dungeon or anywhere near rekella.

That's a new one for me. What's the story on this? Can't think of anything obvious at the moment.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

That's a new one for me. What's the story on this? Can't think of anything obvious at the moment.

Rock Crabs. They're level 120 in EOC and they still aggro like a motherfucker, only all of RS is multicombat now. :haw:

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Spergminer posted:

Rock Crabs. They're level 120 in EOC and they still aggro like a motherfucker, only all of RS is multicombat now. :haw:

This and the boat that takes you right next to ice plateau, its 1 click to go from safe to level 52 no escaping in combat wilderness and there's no warning. There are also half a dozen item scams involving glitches with keld and slayer cave entrances.

Pretty much if some pubie tries to get you to rekella just stay far far away from them.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

allta posted:

If they ask you to buy broad bolt heads for them they actually might be legit. Like they're not doing you any favors because the ge price on broad bolt heads is more expensive than the shop price, but if you're feeling nice, grab a pack and sell it to yonder pubbie for shop price - if they try to NYEH HEH HEH and gently caress off, then whelp you just made a chunk of gold getting "scammed." I always buy pubs broad bolt heads because idgaf and it makes someone's day a little brighter :buddy:

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

Poonerman posted:

e: As it turns out, the person who duped me tried the same thing to Kari about a month ago. What the gently caress?

It's called luring and it has been around for years and years. Believe it or not, but there are people who make literal billions of gp doing it since people are stupid enough to go into the wild with poo poo like partyhats.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
My favorite lure I've seen is at the clan wars dangerous portal doing item staking. You get someone you actually trust to be your partner for the scam, then one of you convinces some pubbie you'll 2v1 your friend (who sells the idea that they're a dope who thinks they can win the 1v2 they're walking into) then you let your buddy murder the dumb pub, collect their loot, and watch them cry. There's a video floating around of a pair of people doing this and the one gets the mark on skype with him to "coordinate" and the kid screams and cries bloody murder over getting conned out of a phat

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
If I ever get a party hat, I'd sell that poo poo for mad :10bux: immediately.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Do phats go for mad :10bux: on ebay still? I remember when I was 15 or 16 I tried to sell my RS account on ebay and some younger but perhaps slightly smarter kid duped me out of $120 bucks with that chargeback scam poo poo.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Gold sellers sell gold for roughly 35 to 40 cents per million.

By that figure, the crappiest party hat (Purple) is worth at least $420. (1.2 billion)

I can imagine even the Purple hat is worth more than that.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Magres posted:

My favorite lure I've seen is at the clan wars dangerous portal doing item staking...

That actually sounds really lucrative...

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/sl=0/forums.ws?369,370,17,65329619

I am just going to pretend this thread is about us. :angel:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Kelpie needs to be the new rs god. God of jorts. :allears:

Not thrilled it was due to a rasslemans influence :vince: instead of good fashion sense, but I'll take it.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

RuneScape: jorts ae a thing goon have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

Magres posted:

My favorite lure I've seen is at the clan wars dangerous portal doing item staking. You get someone you actually trust to be your partner for the scam, then one of you convinces some pubbie you'll 2v1 your friend (who sells the idea that they're a dope who thinks they can win the 1v2 they're walking into) then you let your buddy murder the dumb pub, collect their loot, and watch them cry. There's a video floating around of a pair of people doing this and the one gets the mark on skype with him to "coordinate" and the kid screams and cries bloody murder over getting conned out of a phat

There was a guy on some forum I used to read (i forget which, probably rsbuddy or tip.it) that had something like a 75% lure rate using this method once he got in skype with the person. He was offering commission to anyone who could get people into skype with him. He had some ridiculous screenshots of billions lured.

Waltchelg fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 1, 2014

• Locked thread