Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
SMFC on Euro MM is like Nova 2 NA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

mcvey posted:

Fact.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

How do you guys deal with smurfs in MM? People who claim to be double AK-MG playing with friends are just brutalizing my friends who are silver elite to 2 star right now. :(

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Armchair Calvinist posted:

How do you guys deal with smurfs in MM? People who claim to be double AK-MG playing with friends are just brutalizing my friends who are silver elite to 2 star right now. :(

Adapt and adopt. Not much you can do besides try to make it a learning experience.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
I deal with them by losing convincingly enough that mm ranks them up :smug:/:smith:

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Just upped to MGE/Double-AK by crushing the souls of some pubbies 16-1 on Thunder. They won the second pistol round(as Ts) and that was it. I felt kind of bad for them at the end because it was just so clearly imbalanced.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

out of all the bad achievements for cs there isn't one for going 16-0 in mm

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
ugh my p250 only account is rapidly approaching the same rank as my serious one....

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

henne posted:

ugh my p250 only account is rapidly approaching the same rank as my serious one....

P250 is a good gun

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

mcvey posted:

Is this related to the way that NA teams dominate the competitive scene

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Diddie posted:

P250 is a good gun

I can't hit anything with the P250. What's the secret? :saddowns:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

henne posted:

Make a new one for Akimbo. :clint:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

a slime posted:

Is this related to the way that NA teams dominate the competitive scene

So who was that rivens guy? I was in a match when you messaged me.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

kcer posted:

So who was that rivens guy? I was in a match when you messages me.

Some Russian dude that was a friend of a friend. He was just insane, constantly making crazy shots and throwing nades and flashes on the fly that were just perfect. If I was speccing it as a random POV I would have thought he was a pro.

I will have an analytically derived answer for this question within the next few days. Or sooner if someone with expertise in probability sends me a PM :(

a slime fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Mar 31, 2014

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Click

on

heads.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Katana Gomai posted:

Click

on

heads.

Be shoxie.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Katana Gomai posted:

Click

on

heads.

This works for other guns too but the 250 is a "walk up, cap that bitch in the face" miracle pistol that makes the game fun once you get it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Last night a CZ saved my life

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

I really don't know what the hell is going on anymore. I feel like I'm punching way over my weight while playing like poo poo all along. Maybe euro MM really is bad?

Also, funny number.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I really don't know what the hell is going on anymore. I feel like I'm punching way over my weight while playing like poo poo all along. Maybe euro MM really is bad?

Also, funny number.

I don't see what the problem is here.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Maybe euro MM really is bad?

All I'll say is that at even into the top ranks, you'll still somehow get matched with Russians who babble over mic at each other and start teamkilling one another. Or games where you have the rest of the team's frags combined only to find out at the end they were all the same rank as you or higher. At that point you generally just throw your hands to heaven and just weep. Well, I do anyway.

Leaving my desktop behind again for some months, so I'm gonna lose my MM rank again after clawing my way back up to fancy laurel eagle. My impression is that compared to six months ago there are far less cheaters, and the general skill level is higher than it was. Maybe there will be another pistol when I come back. Totes still gonna watch CPH Games though, that might be the best turnout LAN there is all year.

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

Apologies to the goon-men of Saturday night (1am'ish); My internet kept crapping out and wouldn't reliably stay on. :(

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Please apologize whenever you upset the collective Goonman.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Jeza posted:

All I'll say is that at even into the top ranks, you'll still somehow get matched with Russians who babble over mic at each other and start teamkilling one another. Or games where you have the rest of the team's frags combined only to find out at the end they were all the same rank as you or higher. At that point you generally just throw your hands to heaven and just weep. Well, I do anyway.

CS:GO matchmaking is the only environment in this world where I am actively glad to be in the company of Frenchmen. For some reason they are consistently friendly, relaxed, and communicative.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Jeza posted:

I haven't really top fragged in a while so I suppose to more than a few people I'll be the "how the hell is he ranked nova 4" guy.

What gets to me most is how people still insist upon solo rushing/pushing, particularly when retaking a site as CT. You'd think 'strength in numbers' was a trivial enough concept that everyone above Silver II would figure out you should regroup with your team and attack together but instead you have 3 guys, one pushes 2 holding back with an AWP, then the other pushes and the last guy goes "well poo poo, guess I oughta save".

Also, Ts who smoke our own attack path. Bonus points if they call you a pussy for not rushing along with them.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

NihilCredo posted:

CS:GO matchmaking is the only environment in this world where I am actively glad to be in the company of Frenchmen. For some reason they are consistently friendly, relaxed, and communicative.

Hah, the French are almost unanimously twats in MM for me. Just last night I was grouped with 4 of them and they were monumental shitheads.

I'm a joy to play with, naturally :angel:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Why is it always the noisiest twatheads in this game think they're god's gift to CS? I had a guy this morning who kept bitching about whiffed shots or whatever (We're Nova2/3/4, what do you expect dude?) and would just rail into these guys. I was chill the whole game and then he comes at me with this poo poo:

:tizzy:You know, I hate people like you
:) What, chill CS players?
:tizzy: Yeah, all you motherfuckers that are totally okay with getting asspounded and don't care to try and get better
:) Dude, nobody here is a pro, what do you expect? Everyone makes mistakes, stop being a dick about it and just try to be helpful
:tizzy: You should all go play casual then. Competitive is not for you. It's what I did.

Said jackass proceeded to throw until the second half, where through encouragement or dumb luck we managed to even the score up from 5-10 to 12-12. We had a rough loss on round 25 and jackass went right back to rushing down mid, and we lost 12-16. Said jackass was unranked, but who knows if it was a smurf or what. He wasn't playing all that much better than me.

He then reports ME, for god knows what.

CS players confuse me. I will fully admit that when bad players are just bad and don't try to improve, I get mad at CS. When I get mad at CS I usually recognize it and stop playing. But when people are making a solid effort, and we get stomped, fine. At least you learned something, usually. Sometimes though you just get out-shot and there's not much you can do about that other than practice practice practice.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 31, 2014

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

The solution is to mute people as soon as they say anything that even slightly indicates they will make the game less fun for you. It's really not even worth responding to these people at all (unless you are getting some fun out of it)

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

a slime posted:

The solution is to mute people as soon as they say anything that even slightly indicates they will make the game less fun for you. It's really not even worth responding to these people at all (unless you are getting some fun out of it)

He was still making good calls in between bitch sessions, so I let it go.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

email from some random guy posted:

Hey,

I noticed that you created https://github.com/goonpug/goonpug. I've been working on a similar utility that kind of "clones" and improves upon Valve's matchmaking tool, using SourceMod/Flask/Python combo. I'm not sure if you'd be interested, but I'm trying to find a few more devs that could contribute time to it (especially on the sourcemod side).

If your interested, https://github.com/b1naryth1ef/GoPlayNao
Hmm that sounds like it might be interesting let's take a look at this guy's repo...

git commit log posted:

• [QA] le fixeeeee
  • sweg sweg sweg
  • skilled as poo poo
  • Junk dump for testing #brogrammerlyfe
  • Adds wrapper for yolos
ughhhhhh

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

astr0man posted:

Hmm that sounds like it might be interesting let's take a look at this guy's repo...

ughhhhhh

git commit -m "$(curl -s http://whatthecommit.com/index.txt)"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

astr0man posted:

ughhhhhh

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Adds wrapper for yolos

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

a slime posted:

This is solid advice.

People who rag on their team are dweebs who have clearly don't have even the loosest grasp of sportsmanship and team dynamics. I've had several games where I'd fluff a shot and have another person start calling me a noob and insulting me, even more games where one team member starts loosening the poo poo-talker on some other team member. What do these guys think, that people will start playing better if you're being an rear end in a top hat to them?

It's funniest when the person talking poo poo is not doing very well himself, just two days ago I was in a team and we were getting destroyed in the beginning of the first half as CTs and only myself and another guy were getting frags, the guy who was ranked at the bottom with 0 kills and 6 deaths after the 6th round was constantly talking poo poo and occasionally demanding that we kick him, eventually we shamed him into figuring out that he was actually the one holding the team back the most. Amazingly he started shutting up then and actually trying to help the team and we managed to win the match quite easily in the end, he even apologized. It hardly ever turns out this well.

Guess I'll just mute assholes from now on and try to focus on my game.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
seriously, what can I do to improve my aim? I'm consistently missing shots I should.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Mesothelioma posted:

seriously, what can I do to improve my aim? I'm consistently missing shots I should.

Check your sensitivity bro.

And then practice more.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Mesothelioma posted:

How do you get better at anything?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Buy an aimbot

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Mesothelioma posted:

-Lower your sensitivity/make sure acceleration is disabled
-Aim with your keyboard, not your mouse
-Deathmatch more

s'bout it

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Mesothelioma posted:

Follow my easy five step process.

Step 1: Deathmatch
Step 2: More Deathmatch
Step 3: Deathmatch some more
Step 4: Snacks!
Step 5: Deathmatch

Seriously, deathmatching can NOT be understated. Whether it's Valve Deathmatch (bad players, but still good for just nailing down the muscle memory), Community Deathmatch (much better for reaction time and aiming on the fly since players are MUCH better), aim_ maps (great for just raw gunplay rather than having to worry about angles, sound, etc), or even bot configs (again, pure muscle memory, learn to snap off those headshots.)

When you're deathmatching, do not worry about your score. Focus on making your shots, grab an AK and burst fire or even single tap, just focus on hitting heads. If you spawn and die instantly, who cares? If you lose a 1 on 1 fight, who cares? You're there to improve, not to brag about your KDR. Just work on making sure your shots are going where you want them to go.

A few real tips:

1: Make sure you are COMPLETELY STOPPED when you fire. Never ever ever fire on the move.
2: Learn how many shots in a burst you can get away with. Close you might be able to do 3-5 even with an AK. Medium range you're at 2-3, and then at real ranges, you want to go for those single tap headshots.
3: Add a dot to your crosshair, different people have different opinions on it, but it can be helpful to get those long range clicks.
4: Just focus on where your shots are going, and nothing else.
5: Remember that even when you're bursting, you can still pull down and "control" the burst, effectively trying to get 2-3 bullets to go to the same exact spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Coleman posted:

1: Make sure you are COMPLETELY STOPPED when you fire. Never ever ever fire on the move.
2: Learn how many shots in a burst you can get away with. Close you might be able to do 3-5 even with an AK. Medium range you're at 2-3, and then at real ranges, you want to go for those single tap headshots.
3: Add a dot to your crosshair, different people have different opinions on it, but it can be helpful to get those long range clicks.
4: Just focus on where your shots are going, and nothing else.
5: Remember that even when you're bursting, you can still pull down and "control" the burst, effectively trying to get 2-3 bullets to go to the same exact spot.

Aside from number five, all of this is bad advice and you should probably just do the opposite.

Deathmatch is pretty bad advice too, esp valve DM.

find a hs-only aim map server and just play there, that way the game will just refuse to reward you for not aiming

down with slavery fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 31, 2014

• Locked thread