Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

#show rising waterfall
suppressmacrofailures
cast final blessing
cast rising waterfall
cast reaping harvest
cast death touch
cast setting moon
cast flurry
raidwarning nice dps roughraptors you loving noob

Man I sure feel like an idiot for only macroing Final Blessing and Rising Waterfall together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenger
Dec 25, 2003
DIISOPROPYLGFY wants in.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Eltoasto posted:

The UI person was on the livestream and talked about UI improvements for 2.7

- Crafting window recipe list will be collapsed by default and will remember what you made last, and has the option of hiding grey recipes.
- Default preview window will be like the store preview window, and will be able to preview dyes and add/remove specific gear.
- Macro UI is being reworked and they are exploring ways to sort or filter it.
- Added a lot more options for colorblind adjustments, more things you can change the color of.
- You can choose cheevs to track on your quest log, and you can now search within achievements.
- Working on a a lookup option that would allow you to click on something with inspecting someone or in your inventory and automatically pulling up the store page for it.

Nothing earth shattering but some nice QOL stuff. Also in good news, the old patch notes dev Amary (not to be confused with Amory, a foul mouthed New Englander) I guess didn't leave Trion but instead sneakily went over to be one of the producers on Archeage, so that's cool.

These are some pretty great QOL changes. I'm especially looking forward to the Crafting and Macro changes! Mostly the macro poo poo... what an awful UI it has right now.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

necrotic posted:

These are some pretty great QOL changes. I'm especially looking forward to the Crafting and Macro changes! Mostly the macro poo poo... what an awful UI it has right now.

For the record, if anyone needs anything crafted that Hedonism might have, people have ways of contacting me and at least Tsu has my password (if he recorded it).

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
After a recent conversation about a better Mage DPS spec, I went and found this guide on the Rift Forums. I'm liking how it works, and I am pulling higher DPS than my pyro was. Is there anything that this doesn't highlight on that I should look at before really settling into it?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

After a recent conversation about a better Mage DPS spec, I went and found this guide on the Rift Forums. I'm liking how it works, and I am pulling higher DPS than my pyro was. Is there anything that this doesn't highlight on that I should look at before really settling into it?

I've been learning warlock myself and that's a really good guide on it. The basic rotation on warlock is pretty simple - it's managing your damage buffs (Empowered Darkness, SL: D, and Contaminate) that seems tricky to me, especially compared to Inquisitor.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Range pure dps specs you should learn are warlock (can be straight ST, plus some AoE, downside is target switching, upside is low disconnects when refresh on a run out from mob), necro 61 (simple abilities, ST and AoE combo spec with a 30% link, decent target switching), and 28/48 necro lock (fast damage ramp up, highest DPS for me, some downside on target switching). I am using necrolock above warlock in many cases except where cannot have AoE (Kain) or ground mechanics blow up pets.

The warlock guide is a very good and lays out the options on rotations and abilities well; I certainly learned a few things reading it and revised my rotations for the better. I am super lazy and horrible at cooldown management and ended up putting Sac Life:Damage into spam and dot macros; its just simpler for me, I alternate Empowered Darkness and Contaminate manually. Contaminate won't overwrite SL:D and SL:D won't overwrite Empowered Darkness. Probably lose out on some efficiency but whatever, one less button to do.

Karuul Alert is a must. 7 main dots, 3 CDs and Deathly Calling stacks to keep track of. Without it my rotation is a mess.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Alright, and what is the Pyrochon build I should be using that has flicker and a purge?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Unbound posted:

Alright, and what is the Pyrochon build I should be using that has flicker and a purge?

I use this build: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcNzaecchz0cocxqvA0cMRfbqkMR0s

I have two macros I use with cleansing flames:

For Purging posted:

cast @gtae Cleansing Flames

For Cleansing posted:

target @self
cast @gtae Cleansing Flames
targetlasttarget

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I'm looking for a F2p MMO and I actually just posted in the TERA thread that I'm installing it right now, however I suspect it's going to be a little too intense for my laptop. It's weird about it's lovely specs and being able to run some games it shouldn't be able to fine at times, which is the only reason I'm even giving it a shot. However, this game also looks good, and my question is, if TERA turns out to be too heavy on my system, would this game likely be any easier to run? For what it's worth I can run WoW fairly easily.

e: I'll try rift first I suppose, it seems to be more old pc friendly from what I can tell.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 3, 2014

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
It should run alright at low settings in most situations. You will probably have some issues in cities and large events. We had a cleric that played on an older laptop with us for quite a while and it worked out.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I'm not too picky about good framerate or anything anyway. I just want to kill some time playing with goons online a bit ever since I dropped my WoW sub. It appears Rift has some sort of option specifically for low end pc's as well, so hopefully I'll see you guys later on tonight or tomorrow. I'm going to let it fully patch before I play.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Horror Queefs posted:

I'm not too picky about good framerate or anything anyway. I just want to kill some time playing with goons online a bit ever since I dropped my WoW sub. It appears Rift has some sort of option specifically for low end pc's as well, so hopefully I'll see you guys later on tonight or tomorrow. I'm going to let it fully patch before I play.

Before upgrading I had a poo poo computer that barely ran Tera, in Rift I could sit at low-medium settings and be ok in the open world/raids, but in cities or events would drop to 10-15 fps. So if that works for you, it should work, or they have a low quality renderer built into the client to go even lower.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Biggest thing about having a poo poo computer is that taking a summon to an event boss will just crash you, but you'll have a bit before that matters.
Most stuff works just fine.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
IIRC rift clamps up on processor demands as opposed to GPU ones.

I had a 3 year old machine that could barely process some instanced fights in PBB at 15 FPS.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Zoness posted:

IIRC rift clamps up on processor demands as opposed to GPU ones.
It does on desktops, but laptop GPUs are bad enough that it still chokes on them. I wasn't able to get playable framerates on a less-than-year-old mid-end laptop until I turned off a bunch of things and set it to use a PlayStation-esque draw distance.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat
Whichever goon plays Touchmybutt is now e-famous. Also, here's some info about things

http://riftgrate.com/2014/04/02/2-7-release-time-frame/

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Grittykitty posted:

Whichever goon plays Touchmybutt is now e-famous. Also, here's some info about things

http://riftgrate.com/2014/04/02/2-7-release-time-frame/

I'm Touchmybutt. There was one part where I suggested just releasing the 2.7 souls. HE responded by saying that if he did that, then he would have to nerf my name.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Well, I played for a few minutes and my laptop seemed to be able to handle it framerate wise. However after alt-tabbing in and out a few times in a row my laptop bluescreened, so not sure what that was all about. I might try it again later without the alt tabbing.

The game seems a little bit more complex than WoW. I made a cleric and at level 1 already had like 8 abilities or so some that sort of did the same thing, so I'll have to read up on the game, assuming that blue screen wasn't a thing that's going to always happen. It would do that in WoW very rarely sometimes too.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

I'm Touchmybutt. There was one part where I suggested just releasing the 2.7 souls. HE responded by saying that if he did that, then he would have to nerf my name.

I don't know if you've tried the souls on PTS but Oracle definitely feels broken, especially with the interaction between Emblem of Alacrity and Bolt of Depravity (EoA shortens BoD to a 1.0 second cast with 1.0 second GCD that costs 800 mana :laffo:) You end up doing crazy dps but you run out of mana in like, 2 minutes. Also the cleric version of power chord (an off-gcd skill that applies all your emblems) also actually casts every emblem when you hit it which makes it an insane dps gain. I don't think the 2.7 souls are worth releasing until they can bring live souls into parity with them.

Also the battle fury block just feels wrong and the travel time on Discerning Wave is really annoying.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Zoness posted:

I don't know if you've tried the souls on PTS but Oracle definitely feels broken, especially with the interaction between Emblem of Alacrity and Bolt of Depravity (EoA shortens BoD to a 1.0 second cast with 1.0 second GCD that costs 800 mana :laffo:) You end up doing crazy dps but you run out of mana in like, 2 minutes. Also the cleric version of power chord (an off-gcd skill that applies all your emblems) also actually casts every emblem when you hit it which makes it an insane dps gain. I don't think the 2.7 souls are worth releasing until they can bring live souls into parity with them.

Also the battle fury block just feels wrong and the travel time on Discerning Wave is really annoying.

I haven't tried all of the souls, only the Arbiter. I definitely recognize how broken it is and that it really needs some work. There is just to much utility for one tank to have.

Though every time I play it think about it I get more and more anxious for it to just be live.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Unbound posted:

I haven't tried all of the souls, only the Arbiter. I definitely recognize how broken it is and that it really needs some work. There is just to much utility for one tank to have.

Though every time I play it think about it I get more and more anxious for it to just be live.

It's pretty insane how much they gave to Arbiter. I fully expect some pretty large changes before 3.0 comes around.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

I'm surprised "double-dip DPS" is even an issue, they could mostly patch it out by just making damage that can't crit not get boosted by damage taken debuffs either.

Zuryn
Dec 13, 2003
El Conquistador
I would surrrrusly appreciate invites for my alt Zuryn and my mistress Taiz.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
Would like an invite for my character Vaedritol. Thanks.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Boot this up on a whim for the first time in six months and remembered how PvP here feels fun and somehow balanced compared to WoW. Maybe it's just people with no idea what they're doing :shobon:

Where's the guild at? It gives me an error that the guild transferred off Deepwood when I login.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Minrad posted:

Boot this up on a whim for the first time in six months and remembered how PvP here feels fun and somehow balanced compared to WoW. Maybe it's just people with no idea what they're doing :shobon:

Where's the guild at? It gives me an error that the guild transferred off Deepwood when I login.

It's still Deepwood, but it transferred to another server and back since that time.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Daerc posted:

It's still Deepwood, but it transferred to another server and back since that time.

I see, I'm guessing I need to gquit whatever the game thinks I'm in now and then rejoin the "real" guild, then?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Minrad posted:

I see, I'm guessing I need to gquit whatever the game thinks I'm in now and then rejoin the "real" guild, then?

yes

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Cool, thanks. Didn't see anyone in the Goonsquad channel so Mineras and Minervas could use an invite :toot: (if guild space isn't a concern I play Dumpsterad and Minrad sometimes, too)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
This is a good defiler guide by a really good EU cleric player:

Foil
Apr 19, 2006
Now with more paranoia

Zoness posted:

This is a good defiler guide by a really good EU cleric player:

Well this certainly is what I was looking for! Time to rebuild my defiler and be awful in an entirely new way!

Spoonimus
Nov 5, 2007
Just came back after a long, long time and would love an invite for Irshai. Thank you!

Dekaar
Mar 31, 2012

I'd also like an invite for Fence please. Thanks.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
More shameless plugs here -

If you're learning how to heal and want to use a pretty easy spec here's a good one to learn

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Apparently ID and PBB chronicle hard modes offer 350 ESMs a pop or more and can be done daily. Guides on them seem to be scarce so I'll probably post one once I finish the ID hard modes. They're not too hard with a healer/DPS pair, but they're full of mechanics that you can't ignore or you'll get one-shotted.

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.
I just started playing (only level 18 right now). This is my first MMO ever (cause I'm cheap) so I'm a complete noob when it comes to MMO stuff, but once I get my bearings straight I'd like to have some goon raiding fun.

So an invite to beatmstrj please. Or should I be waiting until I level up?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

bEatmstrJ posted:

I just started playing (only level 18 right now). This is my first MMO ever (cause I'm cheap) so I'm a complete noob when it comes to MMO stuff, but once I get my bearings straight I'd like to have some goon raiding fun.

So an invite to beatmstrj please. Or should I be waiting until I level up?

Nope! You should hop into guild ASAP because it'll make your exp gains faster and there might be cool people to talk to.

I can't invite or anything so you should wait for one of those people that can do things to do things to you~.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

bEatmstrJ posted:

So an invite to beatmstrj please.

You've got one pending, check your mailbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
If you are on the Trion mailing list don't forget to claim your free bungie trove code from the email.

Also, I don't know why, but I had an email saying they gave me a free 750 credits to spend but they would expire tomorrow.

Out of the 2 bungie troves I opened, I got nothing worth mentioning. More +3k armor buff potions yay?

• Locked thread