Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Any news on what DeSean Jackson is doing?!?
I want him to bring the crips and bloods to the National Capital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

A Man and his dog posted:

Any news on what DeSean Jackson is doing?!?

You haven't been to DC, ever, have you.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

@MMehtaNYDN: Jets whiffed on top free agent RB choice: Donald Brown. Missed out MJD too. #NYJ has some level of interest in Chris Johnson if available

just another source confirming

What could the Jets possibly want in Doland Brown? They already have a JAG backup in Powell... Christ.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I saw the national monuments on a field trip when I was in middle school.

That's all the evidence I need....

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

@RapSheet: #Jets have been reluctant to dive into DeSean Jackson derby, but perhaps they’re allotting money for Chris Johnson. There is some interest

I'm not opposed to CJ1K but the idea that he's any kind of replacement for not signing Jackson is hilarious.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

A Man and his dog posted:

What the gently caress is the National Capital?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Atticus Finch posted:

What the gently caress is the National Capital?

Look at this guy expecting coherency from A man and his dog :allears:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Who the gently caress knows.

And LOL at any team who signs Chris Johnson. That dude is done. Same with Ray Rice.

The new RB age is like 21-27 years old now. No RB should get a huge contract after that unless he's AP or some poo poo.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Wait Donald Brown was a top free agent RB choice? I guess he was 10 times better then Trent Richardson.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Elephanthead posted:

Wait Donald Brown was a top free agent RB choice? I guess he was 10 times better then Trent Richardson.

Considering all the FA RBs were either old as gently caress or too lovely to be re-signed, yeah, Brown was a top choice. He looked pretty good last year for the Colts.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
When a guy rushes for over 1000 yards at age 25 with less than 900 carries under his belt for his career and still only gets a 1 year 3 mil prove it deal you get an idea just how valuable nfl GMs view running backs these days.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

Considering all the FA RBs were either old as gently caress or too lovely to be re-signed, yeah, Brown was a top choice. He looked pretty good last year for the Colts.

And Brown signed with a team that didn't need him at all

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

And Brown signed with a team that didn't need him at all

I never said he was a high demand FA, just that he was a top RB FA. Also you'll be glad you have him when Mathews blows up (the bad kind) again.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@ESPNNFL
DEVELOPING: 2 teams not publicly identified as having interest are in deep negotiations with WR DeSean Jackson.
(via @Edwerderespn)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ozu posted:

@ESPNNFL
DEVELOPING: 2 teams not publicly identified as having interest are in deep negotiations with WR DeSean Jackson.
(via @Edwerderespn)

So who has been identified? That will help us narrow down who it might be...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ehud posted:

So who has been identified? That will help us narrow down who it might be...
Raiders
Redskins
49ers
Bills

Jets, Chiefs, and Panthers were all reported to be possible landing spots but they either refuted or never bothered. This is going to end up being the Seahawks though.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Possibly the Browns? They got cap space, right?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Ozu posted:

@ESPNNFL
(via @Edwerderespn)

I won't entertain the hope of it being us. Fire John Dorsey.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Please it's the Alouettes and the Argos.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

gonna be Miami

Bill Lazor connection y'all

need more WR's our QB cannot utilize

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Parmesan Basil posted:

The report yesterday was the Chiefs backed away because the price tag was too high.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Kalli posted:

The report yesterday was the Chiefs backed away because the price tag was too high.

If only we had a few bad players we could cut to make room...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

sean10mm posted:

I hope you can wait till like 2018 or something. :chord:

But whenever it happens (and Belichick retires and Robert Kraft goes senile/stays permanently drunk/hides in his mansion with a harem of strippers "actresses"/whatever at the same time on top of that) it's going to be football disaster without any real precedent.

The precedent is the 2011 Colts, they just happened to do it at the right time is all

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ozu posted:

Raiders
Redskins
49ers
Bills

Jets, Chiefs, and Panthers were all reported to be possible landing spots but they either refuted or never bothered. This is going to end up being the Seahawks though.

Even if you hate the Seahawks you've got to be intrigued by the special teams potential of Harvin and Jaccson. Nothing is as exciting as a special teams touchdown to me.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chichevache posted:

Even if you hate the Seahawks you've got to be intrigued by the special teams potential of Harvin and Jaccson. Nothing is as exciting as a special teams touchdown to me.

DeSean doesn't really do returns anymore, and hasn't had a return TD since 2010. He's a great receiver and all, but he's grown out of the punt returner role and only has 15 punt returns for 68 yards over the last two seasons combined.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

DeSean doesn't really do returns anymore, and hasn't had a return TD since 2010. He's a great receiver and all, but he's grown out of the punt returner role and only has 15 punt returns for 68 yards over the last two seasons combined.

drat. :smith:

I still want him, if the price is right.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

Parmesan Basil posted:

Does all of the hate against Dorsey come from the Alex Smith trade? Otherwise, I don't know what you're always complaining about. It's only year 2.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
Anyone but the Broncos. I can't fathom the idea of Peyton raining bombs to Jackson all over the field. I literally have nightmares of this happening.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

StarcraftM posted:

Anyone but the Broncos. I can't fathom the idea of Peyton raining bombs to Jackson all over the field. I literally have nightmares of this happening.

I can't fathom Peyton utilizing a deep threat either. :v:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Ehud posted:

gonna be Miami

Bill Lazor connection y'all

need more WR's our QB cannot utilize

I would die laughing

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Chichevache posted:

I can't fathom Peyton utilizing a deep threat either. :v:

You're on a roll :golfclap:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
If only the Eagles could be the mystery team once again.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

How serious are the talks between the NYJ and CJ2K? He and Vick would make a fun ground game to watch.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah in madden 2010

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

quote:

@ESPNChiBears 1m

CB Zack Bowman will sign with the #giants.

Giants signed a bad corner but good special teamer.

Bowman did put in a heroic effort trying to fill Tillman's shoes when he got hurt, but he's still really bad.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

The Texans just released Danieal Manning. Huh.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DupaDupa posted:

Giants signed a bad corner but good special teamer.

Bowman did put in a heroic effort trying to fill Tillman's shoes when he got hurt, but he's still really bad.

He actually wasn't that bad. His return with the Bears was actually pretty decent.

He's still not a starter. But I wouldn't feel bad at all bout him being a 4th Corner on a team.

Edit: Come back Manning. We need Safties.

bondster
May 6, 2007

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

The Texans just released Danieal Manning. Huh.

:( I hope we kill it in the draft because the more free agency goes on the less optimistic I am about the upcoming season.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Dexo posted:

He actually wasn't that bad. His return with the Bears was actually pretty decent.

He's still not a starter. But I wouldn't feel bad at all bout him being a 4th Corner on a team.

Edit: Come back Manning. We need Safties.

He'll be like the 5th corner on the Giants probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Manning would be a quality signing for any team that has a need at safety. So glad the Ravens took care of that by signing a JAG from St.Louis.

• Locked thread