Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

siotle posted:

Yoshi-P pointed out somewhere that making Dragoons invincible while jumping, would mean that all of our jump skills would have to have ridiculous cooldowns for balance reasons.
It's not too hard to find a lull where you can fit in jumps though, especially if you know the fight.

Hm. Well, that's one noob mistake that I *won't* be making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Since apparently this person got to 50 thinking the healer's duty is to exclusively heal tanks.

If they were a Scholar and you're a White Mage, I can kinda see that. There's some pretty brutal tank damage on Ultima HM, too. Still worth trying to Succor before Tank Purges (and use Roused Whispering Dawn after) and the knockback/orb pops, though.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
By the way, I have to mention that I really love the whole "two music track" thing the primals have. It makes practicing more fun when you finally hit the second track and feel like you made some real progress.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 31, 2014

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Dragongem posted:

By the way, I have to mention that I really love the whole "two music track" thing the primals have. It makes practicing more fun when you finally hit the second track and feel like you made some real progress.

I like the part where he says "Leviathan".

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
God help me, King Moggle Mog's theme getting stuck in my head is why I don't need a cheat sheet to remember which moogle is which class anymore.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Deviant posted:

I like the part where he says "Leviathan".

Waifan waifan

Waifan waifan

Waifan waifan

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
New feature being added!
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/000692.html

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

FFXIV is now a dating sim? But Merlwyb ... said she had high Favour with me!

*runs away crying*

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

It's still the 31st isn't it?

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

How ever will I get Garuda-sempai to notice me~

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Welp, looks like Wedge has to die. Sorry, buddy.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

APRIL FOOLS!

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Algid posted:

Not in Japan. :ssh:

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

Algid posted:

Not in Japan!

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dragongem posted:

As a career healer my experience has been:

50% of the time: Super chill, tossin' heals at the tanks and maybe a bad dps. You can maybe toss in some damage here!
25% of the time: AOE damage? Mechanics? Some other buttons get hit but it's still pretty relaxed.
10% of the time: AAAAAH EVERYONE IS DYING BUT I'VE GOT THIS. I'VE GOT THIS, IT'S OKAY, I AM A PROFESSIONAL.
15% of the time: Everyone's dead because everyone wanted to imitate dragoons.

You're lucky. As a healer for me it's

30%: Doopdedoo, we're running with my regular tank who facetanks everything, spam Cure as needed, occasionally chill out and DOT something.
30%: Goddammit, dps is getting murdered due to standing in AOEs, wait, did the black mage just sleep a mob, and the dragoon just whack it, so now they're at 20% health, while the tank's health is bouncing around like a loving yo-yo? Great. I hate all of you.
10%: Oh look, the non-regular tank just died, I AM BECOME THE HEAL TANK.
10%: gently caress, SWIFTCAST+RAISE
10%: gently caress, SWIFTCAST+CUREII
19%: Out of mana, out of cooldowns. gently caress everything, pray to the RNG gods for freecure.
1%: Our DPS just died, TANK POP YOUR LB, I AM BECOME DPS.

To sum up: Fun as gently caress, but also stressful as gently caress when your partymates are bad at following marks.

(White mages in the thread, please tell me that mana management gets a wee bit easier, or at least my mana pool grows exponentially.)

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 31, 2014

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Now that dating sims are gonna be in FFXIV wells prob have h-scenes in 2.4.

E: drat phone

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 31, 2014

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I'm looking forward to unlocking the Hildebrand ending.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

KaneTW posted:

Now that dating sims are gonna be in FFXIV wells prob have h
-scenes in 2.4

Only if you've collected all your atma pieces.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Garuda-senpai, I brought these dragoons just for you~

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I wouldn't mind a cut scene with you getting smashed with the Sultana at Buscarron's place.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Just a reminder that it is April 1st in Japan now. :v:

You may want to take a look at the forums, too:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php

Yoshidaception.

Edit: "Favorite item: sacrificial offering" is the best goddamn part of that entire blog post, too. Though Tataru's favorite being gil is up there, too.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 31, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

TooManyUzukis posted:

How ever will I get Garuda-sempai to notice me~

With all the groups I've wiped to her, I've surely got a head start on the Sacrificial Offerings.

Fingerspitzengefuhl
Jul 2, 2007
Krieg ohne Hass

SpaceDrake posted:

Edit: "Favorite item: sacrificial offering" is the best goddamn part of that entire blog post, too. Though Tataru's favorite being gil is up there, too.

Looking forward to the battle to the death with Wedge for Tataru's heart.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The blond hair and blue eyes should have tipped me off, but I'm glad we finally got confirmation that Minfilia is a racist

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

SpaceDrake posted:

Though Tataru's favorite being gil is up there, too.

What do you think all my market work has been for? :3:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

If they were a Scholar and you're a White Mage, I can kinda see that. There's some pretty brutal tank damage on Ultima HM, too. Still worth trying to Succor before Tank Purges (and use Roused Whispering Dawn after) and the knockback/orb pops, though.

Nah, we were both white mages. I wish they were a scholar though, since even if by pure accident they shielded us before tank purges I might have ran out of mana alot later and could have prevented firefall (freefall? that attack after the magitek bits) from gibbing people who already sat in 3 lasers. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Nah, we were both white mages. I wish they were a scholar though, since even if by pure accident they shielded us before tank purges I might have ran out of mana alot later and could have prevented firefall (freefall? that attack after the magitek bits) from gibbing people who already sat in 3 lasers. :v:

Freefire :eng101:

But yeah, it's funny, I've gone from loathing Ultima HM to finding it to be one of my favorite fights. If you ever need a SCH healer partner for it, lemme know (Kyrosiris Delteressa, assuming you're on Excal).

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

OWLS! posted:

You're lucky. As a healer for me it's

For comparison, the Scholar version:

50%: Summon Selene, full-time DPS, pull adds off tank as they wonder why they have to AoE threat without a Summoner.
25%: Use some of your Aetherflow stacks for Lustrate instead of Energy Drain. Roll eyes at undergeared tank.
15%: Occasionally take off Cleric Stance to Adlo your tank before returning to dps. After all, you are a healer, aren't you?
5%: Full-time tank healing because the boss hits really hard.
4%: Feebly attempt to AoE heal, because Succor is loving garbage if its shield isn't popping. Lament the strange interaction between delayed damage and Succor.
1%: gently caress.

Also, I just want to say that the 2.2 story continues Raubahn, Nanamo and Momodi's streak of being generally awesome NPCs. Those three alone have better intentions than all of Limsa combined.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

siotle posted:

Not in Japan!

Ah, that explains why the game design document is in Excel then. It's an April Fools joke at Eve's expense.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Freefire :eng101:

But yeah, it's funny, I've gone from loathing Ultima HM to finding it to be one of my favorite fights. If you ever need a SCH healer partner for it, lemme know (Kyrosiris Delteressa, assuming you're on Excal).

I added you, I might give it a shot tonight or sometime this week so I'll hit you up then, It's not really a top priority for me so whenever you feel like it is fine with me.

e: Well was going to add you, forgot both people have to be online for friends stuff whoops.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Sadly my first thought was "Well, I hope they at least have options for people playing characters of the opposite gender"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SpazmasterX posted:

Sadly my first thought was "Well, I hope they at least have options for people playing characters of the opposite gender"

Hildibrand romance clearly the only romance anyone would ever need.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Ladies can enjoy a fling with Titan. :v:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Dragongem posted:

...off the edge of the football field.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Dragongem posted:

Hey, Titan's a single father who's willing to pick a fight for the sake of his children. He's perfect dating material :colbert:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Niton posted:

Hey, Titan's a single father who's willing to pick a fight for the sake of his children. He's perfect dating material :colbert:

You might say he's got a big heart :v:

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

Dragongem posted:

My phone blurred a bit in the sun, and I read that as "filling".

:gonk:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Demitri Omni posted:

My phone blurred a bit in the sun, and I read that as "filling".

:gonk:

Well, you're not wrong.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
What do you mean I can't date Leviathan?

On another note, are the goon FCs still having space issues? I'm considering server hopping over to y'all because I've grown sick and tired of trying to clear Ex Primals without being able to call on or group up with people who are decent at the game. In the last ten attempts;

3 groups had someone disconnect or drop during the opening cutscene.
2 groups built echo up to full 25% and still failed due to standing in AoEs.
3 groups didn't even live long enough to get rewarded with the echo.
1 group had someone get stuck in the cutscene with a black screen, who was kicked from the instance when they force d/ced. Of course this was a tank.
1 group looked promising but someone "had to go to bed" just when we started getting into the swing of it.

I never speak to my RL or FFXI friends on this server anymore so I'm considering making the jump if you're all willing to take in another Summoner/White Mage/Black Mage to feed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

MarquiseMindfang posted:

What do you mean I can't date Leviathan?

You can, but he only talks about himself.

• Locked thread