Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
As a Lions fan I'd be happier with Darqueze Dennard at 10 then Evans.

Rotoworld and some of the other stats based sites seem to agree with what my eyes saw. I think he's the best CB in the draft.

I'd rather the Lions to WR in rounds two or three. Unless Aaron Donald falls to the second round. (He won't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Doltos posted:

Come on Matt. Look at the loving source. It's a bleacher report article.

Dan Pompeii is actually a decent to good reporter(Used to be at the Chicago Tribune). His sources are generally pretty solid.

Then again the smokescreeniest of smokescreens.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Trading out of 1 isn't really a move I considered.... Don't think I like it that much , we worked hard to suck worse than Was and Jak worked hard to not pick 1.

If it's not a smoke screen than I can only imagine that they'll go for Mariota or Winston ( If he comes out) next year and try retooling this year?

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 28, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I don't mind moving out of #1, especially in such a deep draft, but #9 means you miss out on all of the top guys and end up settling for future picks instead of cashing in this year. I still hold out hope for a trade to Cleveland for 4 and 26 but it ain't happening :smith:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

We're getting Mario back. :getin:

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

If you think JFF improvisational-jazz dancing his way out of a Norv Turner 7-step drop will be any worse than the past ~3 years of Christian Ponder/Bill Musgrave flat routes and dumpoffs then I don't know what to tell you.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
If JFF goes to the Vikings, the NFCN will have the ownsiest lineup of quarterbacks of any division. Just funslingin' all day every day.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

What are the niners aiming for in the draft? Secondary?

The priorities should be secondary, wide receiver, and interior OL in that order IMO. But Baalke always throws a few curveballs every year so who knows.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
God I hope the Bills trade up to take JFF #1, shortly before announcing their move to LA next season.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
bring me one Johnny Footballs

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Mike Evans would actually be a perfect fit for Norv Turner's offense. He tends to like big receivers who can stretch the field at 6'5 231 with good speed and a huge catch radius, he could fill a Vincent Jackson role in Turner's offense. Patterson could fill that role too, but Patterson could just as easily function as an underneath receiver taking shorter passes and turning them into big gains.

I don't think that WR is a pressing need for the Vikings, but there is some big time talent with Watkins and Evans and if they don't like the QBs or defenders at 8, then I think one of those two WRs would be a good BPA pick. Not sure if they would try to trade down in that scenario or just take a receiver, but it wouldn't surprise me if Evans or Watkins ends up being there pick.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If there's one person Mike Evans reminds me of it's Vincent Jackson, although VJax's legs are much more beefy than Evans and Evan's arms are much more beefy than VJax's.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Doltos posted:

If there's one person Mike Evans reminds me of it's Vincent Jackson, although VJax's legs are much more beefy than Evans and Evan's arms are much more beefy than VJax's.

Yeah but which one has the better bubble butt? This is important.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

bhsman posted:

We're getting Mario back. :getin:

Mario would only be a $1.9m cap hit in 2014, then we could trade him :getin:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Doltos posted:

He's the next David Boston.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Josh Lyman posted:

Just saw Johnny Manziel's interview with ESPN following his pro day. I don't know how much PR coaching he's gotten, but he sounds like a guy I would draft #1.

You don't get it. People who are famous for one thing are only able to be that one thing, even long after they've finished with that thing. And people on the internet are the final arbiters of that thingness.

Yeah, not like his presidential library is in college station or one of the main streets is George Bush Dr.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, Eagles gonna draft receiver now in the first round instead of the more needed position...defensive backs?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Or pass rushing outside linebacker. Not that the Eagles success rate there is amazing but it was their likely target until now.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pitt's youtube channel has a dedicated aaron donald playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs6uLK_ai3indW8A43JrlVL6S9AKCpSHH

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Or pass rushing outside linebacker. Not that the Eagles success rate there is amazing but it was their likely target until now.

They should take a QB like Garoppolo, competition can only make Nick Foles better.

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 29, 2014

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I've been catching myself watching Sammy Watkins tape the last few days and thinking about the possibilities... :allears:

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
So I had this really vivid dream last night that I was attending this year's draft, which was being held at an outdoor athletics stadium, and it got to like pick #13 and Jadaveon Clowney still hadn't been drafted. Merril Hoge was league commissioner for some reason too - so I'm guessing these occurrences were interrelated.

Oh and the Broncos traded up to like pick #5 and wheeled out Peyton Manning on top of a massive gold-plated float along the running track (with his o-line on the platform below) and when the Broncos' selection of Greg Robinson was announced Peyton started making pelvic-thrusts at everyone in the crowd.

The best bit was the fireworks/streamers. Now that's a goddamn draft!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
cool story

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
thanks

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Thats a potential bleacher report article

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I can't stop laughing at those terrible Johnny Football McDonald Ads.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@JohnMiddlekauff 4m
Talking to people around the NFL on Bridgewater. Buzz is all negative, scouts were already down, pro day really raised red flags

Bridgewater going to be the new Geno and drafted in the 2nd round while cameras show him growing more and more depressed with every pick

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The Clowney-Bridgewater draft of my dreams will realized .

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Smoke.

Bridgewater has great accuracy and an NFL mind. If Teddy falls to Jacksonville I don't see Bradley passing on his version of Russel Wilson.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
The Raiders don't think he is going to drop to them, I'm pretty sure.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Smoke.

Bridgewater has great accuracy and an NFL mind. If Teddy falls to Jacksonville I don't see Bradley passing on his version of Russel Wilson.

In what sense is bridge water anything like russel wilson

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

AAA DOLFAN posted:

In what sense is bridge water anything like russel wilson

well you see they both play quarterback and...

you know...

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
High completion percentage passer who plays smart football. They aren't clones or anything but it's a fair comparison. Frankly I think Bridgewater is more physically gifted though Wilson is obviously a lot more mobile.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's funny because I swear this time last year a lot of people had a lot of good to say about Geno too

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The Puppy Bowl posted:

High completion percentage passer who plays smart football. They aren't clones or anything but it's a fair comparison. Frankly I think Bridgewater is more physically gifted though Wilson is obviously a lot more mobile.

He's also about 4 inches taller but about the same weight as Wilson.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I'd say Wilson's strengths lie in having a fantastic runningback and an all-time great defense. If Bridgewater can bring that to the pros I can't see why he's not number 1 overall.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You're right, what was I thinking? Wilson is obviously just the second coming of Trent Dilfer.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sweeney Tom posted:

It's funny because I swear this time last year a lot of people had a lot of good to say about Geno too
Geno had a lot of bad tape though, Bridgewater has maybe one game where he played poorly in his final year? And even that game was statistically solid. Geno's games against Syracuse, TCU, Texas Tech, and Kansas State were pretty drat bad, with a YPA of 5.1 across those four games combined. I think Bridgewater's lowest YPA in a game this year was 7.7 against UConn. Maybe a 7 against Cincinatti? But the Cincinatti game also had that baller touchdown..

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 31, 2014

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You're right, what was I thinking? Wilson is obviously just the second coming of Trent Dilfer.

I think Wilson's an above-average starter, I just don't think he's an elite force of nature. Alex Smith is a smart, high completion passer. Alex Smith probably would have won the Super Bowl with that same Seahawks team. Alex Smith is not exactly the world's supreme champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

shiksa posted:

I think Wilson's an above-average starter, I just don't think he's an elite force of nature. Alex Smith is a smart, high completion passer. Alex Smith probably would have won the Super Bowl with that same Seahawks team. Alex Smith is not exactly the world's supreme champion.

Alex Smith wouldn't have completed the 50 yard bomb to Kearse in the NFC Championship.

• Locked thread