Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Everything comes full circle.

Slight spoilers for last episode:

http://imgur.com/YuhaKSf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Everything comes full circle.

Slight spoilers for last episode:

http://imgur.com/YuhaKSf

I didn't notice that they were exact shots, but I thought the callback to the forest field was a very nice touch.

Its that poo poo that makes this show so A-Meijin. Little details that you don't consciously notice on the first watch, but that your brain probably does.

Edit: Rather the forest was a callback to Sei getting destroyed in the first episode.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Yeah I noticed those right away. This episode and the last have had a ton of callbacks, from the SBS pulling the first OP's eye streak and this episode's dialogue referencing the two OPs' lyrics.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I really, really liked the final episode. I felt like the story arc was over in episode 24 but the final episode was just for fun and it really worked for me. Build Fighters was just fun and happy and so totally sincere I can't help but like every part of it. My wife clapped when we finally saw Yuuki's Exia Repair. I sort of liked the idea of Sei being held back by seeing Gunpla as something to be created and viewed on a shelf; you could see it in the early stages of the show when he was showing off his shelves and shelves of Gunpla in the store. His evolution into a fighter felt quick because out of 25 episodes, he only got into the cockpit in like 3 of them, but I felt his and Reiji's story was all about them learning what made the other tick through their friendship.

I dunno, I'm sad as hell it's over because the show was 25 minutes of good times a week. What a ride it has been though!

Caros
May 14, 2008

Levantine posted:

I dunno, I'm sad as hell it's over because the show was 25 minutes of good times a week. What a ride it has been though!

This show literally got me out of bed in the morning for the last twenty five weeks. Normally I'd wake up, lounge in bed for a half hour before finally crawling out for coffee. Mondays? BUILD FIGHTERS MOTHER-FUCKA!

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I can't put into words how much I loved that episode.
Gouf Master Gundam combination attack, Ral being every bit as badass as people built him up to be. I was fanboying every bit as much as Fellini when that happened.
Crossbone Maoh turning up to puke out a Satellite Cannon from its skull chest. I lived to see a Crossbone Gundam turn up in a show and have a fight. I can die happy now.
Amazing Exia Repair made me squeal like a little girl. I was expecting him to turn up with the Kampfer.
Sei docking the Mk II Booster onto the Star Build has made me need to do that myself. So good so good so good.

The story may not have been the best but this show delivered in some of the best Gundam fight moments ever. I won't say anything bad about it.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 31, 2014

Giant Enemy Cliche
Oct 10, 2012

"It was then that an ominous man stood beside me with a face of ill portent."
And thus ends the best thing to happen to Gundam in years. Unapologetic, big dumb fun from start to end and I loved every minute. I was hoping that yuuki would pull out the Zaku Amazing rather than Exia though.

Also, this second ED song is awesome.

Giant Enemy Cliche fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 31, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009

Giant Enemy Cliche posted:

And thus ends the best thing to happen to Gundam in years. Unapologetic, big dumb fun from start to end and I loved every minute. I was hoping that yuuki would pull out the Zaku Amazing rather than Exia though.

Also, this second ED song is awesome.

Thats what I was hoping, but Amazing Exia Repair is great too.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Pureauthor posted:

The broadcast rights held by the other station ran out just before the finale.

Explains how the 0 Gundam shows up at the end too. Although that appeared in the 00 pilot prologue in the RX-78-2 colours so maybe it doesn't count in the first place.

Ace show, even if the last episode they just fought against some force of nature with no real buildup. Ral, Chinan and Sei's dad showing up was a cool surprise though, especially since Takahashi didn't use a stock RX-78-2 (which he apparently won the first tournament with) but retained the look whilst making something that looked contemporary.

You can do that again Bandai.

Edit:small point: Ral has presumably been carrying his Gouf around this whole time. Also makes you wonder why he turned down the fight with Reiji. Maybe just to tell him you don't have to fight with Gunpla to enjoy it (ie all the stuff a person can actually do with Gunpla)

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 31, 2014

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Zedd posted:

The fact that we got a good show that had all of this is still amazing me :swoon:
A Zaku fighting a strike Gundam
A Gundam X beating up a UC-era Mobile armor
A wing Gundam riding a motorcycle
An Astray Gundam riding Fuunsaiki :black101:
An SD Gundam teaming up with a Sazabi
And so on

Oh, no doubt about that. Entertaining characters and entertaining battles all throughout the whole series.

Caros
May 14, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

Explains how the 0 Gundam shows up at the end too. Although that appeared in the 00 pilot prologue in the RX-78-2 colours so maybe it doesn't count in the first place.

Actually you have this backwards. 0 Gundam appeared in the dull grey look when it first showed up because it was unfinished. It only shows up in A.C.D. type towards the end of 00 when they are launching anything they can put a pilot into.

KoB
May 1, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Edit:small point: Ral has presumably been carrying his Gouf around this whole time. Also makes you wonder why he turned down the fight with Reiji. Maybe just to tell him you don't have to fight with Gunpla to enjoy it (ie all the stuff a person can actually do with Gunpla)

He just didnt want to destroy the hopes of an up and coming build fighter :kamina:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Ace show, even if the last episode they just fought against some force of nature with no real buildup.

That does fit with the kind of main villain they had, though. Mashita was a hopeless fuckup of a manchild messing around with an incredible power that he barely understood. It makes sense that he'd be far more dangerous by accident than he was on purpose.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Ace show, even if the last episode they just fought against some force of nature with no real buildup. Ral, Chinan and Sei's dad showing up was a cool surprise though, especially since Takahashi didn't use a stock RX-78-2 (which he apparently won the first tournament with) but retained the look whilst making something that looked contemporary.

Do we really need the spoiler tags still? Its been a few pages and if anyone is checking the thread that deep before watching the new/last episode shame on them.

Anyways, Takeshi's Gundam from the final episode is actually the PF-78-1 Perfect Gundam from the 1980s Manga Plamo-Kyoshiro. Which is actually a really cool homage in itself since Plamo-Kyoshiro has a very similar premise to GBF/AGE of kids fighting using custom MSV models using virtual reality computers.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Just going to leave this here for anyone who'd be interested but isn't involved in the Traditional Games threads.

Build Fighters might be over, but I'm not done with the concept. :colbert:

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
I absolutely loved this show. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it was so silly and non-serious and hit all the right buttons for the more fanatical of us Gundam fans. I was majorly into Gunpla right before this series started, and unfortunately I've had to step away from it totally due to other life events and concerns, but watching this show was an extra treat for me. I daresay that if someone watches this show, after watching any other Gundam series, and dislikes it, I really don't think Gundam is for that person. I'm not sure if I'd like to see a direct sequel, but maybe something with other characters sometimes down the line.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Caros posted:

Just going to leave this here for anyone who'd be interested but isn't involved in the Traditional Games threads.

Yeah ok. IS there some way to easily produce custom Mobile Suit images, like a Gundam Breaker demo or something?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Caros posted:

What boom boom boom said. I have some ideas/concepts for what I'd want to build but, I'd need a way to procure the image.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah ok. IS there some way to easily produce custom Mobile Suit images, like a Gundam Breaker demo or something?
Best I could find: NSFW for Newgrounds

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Overall a pretty mediocre show coasting on a few good fights, but it was fun and got me watching weekly which I pretty much never do so thumbs-up I guess

Caros
May 14, 2008

Monathin posted:

What boom boom boom said. I have some ideas/concepts for what I'd want to build but, I'd need a way to procure the image.

Designing an image is far and away the toughest part. Thank god for gundam breakers.

That said I'm only requiring the 'base' unit when it comes to art. gently caress knows I'm not going to be drawing out every antagonist.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Level Slide posted:

How many more years until Sunrise can use AGE units in GBF? I'm still awaiting the day when AGE-3 Orbital doesn't get instantly wrecked. Or rather, since GBF was big on customizing, a Gunpla that's based on the Orbital design.
2016 for the TV series, 2018 for Memories of Eden.

Sandata
Mar 19, 2010
Well, I really wish I could have found this before the show ended. Right now I'm just going back though the whole list of posts and reading what ever one was saying about the show. So overall thanks to everyone who talked about Gundam's past.

I really enjoyed this series and I'm sad to see it go. Seeing the mobile suits of Gyan, Mercurius, Hygogg, GM line, Ball, SD Knight and the few I can't remember were very awesome. I think my favorite episode had to be 23: Gunpla Eve. Seeing all the cameos that they somehow stuffed into that one episode just made me laugh. Thank goodness I'm a Dynasty Warrior fan or I wouldn't be able to recognize a few of them.

Back when the "Gunpla" models were released when Wing or Gundam was on Toonami I did buy and build the figures. I never found my self able to paint or even put the stickers on though. So I guess I have a lot of catching up to do. Thankfully the Bandi people have made all sort of Youtube videos for this stuff. Also a thanks to all the goons that started making guides too. I'm gonna need the help.

Anyway that's all I got to say really. Very late to the party but overall as a "old" Gundam fan I think it did a good job. Now if you excuse me I'm only on page 6 out of 66. Ya.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I just marathoned the four latest episodes and as a non-hardcore fan (The only reference I've gotten lately was Celestial Being and that was called out loud) this series was definitely entertaining. So much good action. Maan. Perhaps not the most deep show, but definitely stupid fun.

Only thing I was left wanting was moving statues and BATTLESHIPS but I guess we can't have everything.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Build Fighters, why do you have to end? :( I was happy to see that Kirara and Caro were both still kicking at the end of the battle, and China and Aila were cool before they got sucker punched. The pain of not having a second season or getting to see more of Ral in action is going to be great.

Also, some characters appeared during the Chinan kick. What was the meaning? I assume it was a reference to something, but I don't know what it was.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

chumbler posted:

Build Fighters, why do you have to end? :( I was happy to see that Kirara and Caro were both still kicking at the end of the battle, and China and Aila were cool before they got sucker punched. The pain of not having a second season or getting to see more of Ral in action is going to be great.

Also, some characters appeared during the Chinan kick. What was the meaning? I assume it was a reference to something, but I don't know what it was.

i didn't read them quick enough but it's probably gunpla shingyo school

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Probably Gunpla Shingyo School like the last couple of times he did that.

Speaking of Chinan, it's a total shame his custom Master and Takeshi's Perfect Gundam didn't get a bio on the main page. Though at least we got Ral's Gouf R35.

I'm going to assume it's called that because it's his 35th Gouf.

EDIT: Beaten.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They totally got me. I was just thinking "Seriously, they're going to shaft Aila like that?" When she popped up behind him.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Probably Gunpla Shingyo School like the last couple of times he did that.

Speaking of Chinan, it's a total shame his custom Master and Takeshi's Perfect Gundam didn't get a bio on the main page. Though at least we got Ral's Gouf R35.

I'm going to assume it's called that because it's his 35th Gouf.

EDIT: Beaten.

I love that Ral's Gouf has machine gun hands on top of his regular hands.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Amazing Exia Repair god drat :allears:

I felt it was an ok ending. They even got what felt like some Dynasty Warriors Gundam in there.

oh man a build fighters dynasty warriors gundam needs to exist right now

linall
Feb 1, 2007
My favorite part of the final episode was easily Nils using his stupid extra weapons as fast as he could and purposely blowing them up. Then he takes out his hanzo plastic and gets down to business for real.

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!

Pureauthor posted:

The broadcast rights held by the other station ran out just before the finale.

This is wonderful and adds a whole new layer to Alan running up in the nick of time.

El Diabolico
Dec 19, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Wow.
The first half of that last ep was everything i could ever ask for and more in a show about selling toys. All the coolest gundams and most of them being pretty bad rear end.

Though, Its too bad the lady gundams get neutered. But at least the girls didnt die in the usual death-flag raising gundam manner. i guess you can call that 'progress'. :v:

This show is probably the best gundam show in a long time to boot. like, over the years they somehow found a way to make robots punching each other boring. But, this show, skips all the baggage that comes with the gundam territory and just gives us fun robot punchy times. Its almost as pure fun as G Gundam was.

I wish, I wish upon a fish that we get another season. They never did go into what exactly was up with reiji's side of things.

Lastly, anyone noticed that the mocks had references to gundams too? Def noticed a TurnA mock.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Caros posted:

This show literally got me out of bed in the morning for the last twenty five weeks. Normally I'd wake up, lounge in bed for a half hour before finally crawling out for coffee. Mondays? BUILD FIGHTERS MOTHER-FUCKA!

i know this show was great and i am sad it ended, but i hope you find another reason to crawl out of bed next monday morning :)

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i know this show was great and i am sad it ended, but i hope you find another reason to crawl out of bed next monday morning :)

It is easy, he just needs to order any gunpla from the show and designate monday mornings as the time he spends on building the gunpla. :v:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

El Diabolico posted:

Wow.
The first half of that last ep was everything i could ever ask for and more in a show about selling toys. All the coolest gundams and most of them being pretty bad rear end.

Though, Its too bad the lady gundams get neutered. But at least the girls didnt die in the usual death-flag raising gundam manner. i guess you can call that 'progress'. :v:

This show is probably the best gundam show in a long time to boot. like, over the years they somehow found a way to make robots punching each other boring. But, this show, skips all the baggage that comes with the gundam territory and just gives us fun robot punchy times. Its almost as pure fun as G Gundam was.

I wish, I wish upon a fish that we get another season. They never did go into what exactly was up with reiji's side of things.

Lastly, anyone noticed that the mocks had references to gundams too? Def noticed a TurnA mock.

I know I saw a Jenice head among them too, I think the Mocks are just uniform bodies with different Zaku style heads.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TARDISman posted:

I know I saw a Jenice head among them too, I think the Mocks are just uniform bodies with different Zaku style heads.

I'm kinda hoping for a HG Mock with a full set of the various heads :allears:. That said, after seeing the official artwork for it, I'd wager a kit's coming in some form eventually. Just because the artwork has it with a backpack with a bunch of hardpoint sockets that never got used and it'd probably be good as a generic "stick-yo-poo poo-on" kit for all the Boosters and accessories being pumped out.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I saw a ton of Gundam v-fins there too. I guess it was the animators' way of making up for having a relatively boring enemy for everyone to fight.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm kinda hoping for a HG Mock with a full set of the various heads :allears:. That said, after seeing the official artwork for it, I'd wager a kit's coming in some form eventually. Just because the artwork has it with a backpack with a bunch of hardpoint sockets that never got used and it'd probably be good as a generic "stick-yo-poo poo-on" kit for all the Boosters and accessories being pumped out.

If they do a mock kit, they need to like, misspell everything and make the box look cheap and shady as in the show, they're knockoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

If they do a mock kit, they need to like, misspell everything and make the box look cheap and shady as in the show, they're knockoffs.

Imagine, bootleg mock kits.

• Locked thread