Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Please Be Careful will always be near capacity but there should be someone that the inviters can remove for you. DGKK has plenty of room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you haven't gotten your retainers to L10 yet, you should. Quick Ventures unlock then, and for two ventures and an hour wait you can get pretty much anything. I've gotten materia, L50 gear, and I've seen someone get a freaking cello which is now a fixture of the DGKK house.

I really wouldn't be surprised if I get a relic or Allagan gear or something crazy like that from one of these things.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, people have also found GKMM and Ifrit HM weapons as well. It's pretty hilarious.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

SpaceDrake posted:

Just a reminder that it is April 1st in Japan now. :v:

You may want to take a look at the forums, too:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php

Yoshidaception.

Edit: "Favorite item: sacrificial offering" is the best goddamn part of that entire blog post, too. Though Tataru's favorite being gil is up there, too.

"Tremble, foolish landwalker!"
prefers: foolish landwalkers

That's just about where I lost my poo poo. Well played.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, people have also found GKMM and Ifrit HM weapons as well. It's pretty hilarious.

It also seems not to be particularly (if at all) tied to class or level. One of my friends' hunting retainer has come back with:

- a level 3 fish
- a high quality version of the same level 3 fish
- a roof
- a merchant stall

Meanwhile, their botanist retainer has mostly been coming back with ore and ingots. Presumably from some very strange trees.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

When it comes to getting gear past my mish-mash of Darklight/Hoplite stuff, am I correct in thinking that the way to do it now is farming CT all day everyday since they removed the weekly lock that apparently used to be on it pre-2.2? I stopped playing before it was introduced, so I'm still trying to wrap my head around the best way to gear up so I can start enjoying all this cool new primal content. Seems like doing some CT to get bits from there and saving up Mythstones for my still-uncompleted relic, while gathering up Soldiery stones for whatever set they're used for, is the best way to go, but I'm not sure if I'm missing some sort of path I should be taking instead.

I'm still loving all the little changes to warrior. An honest-to-god DR cooldown, another on Inner Beast, and Holmgang are all pretty awesome, and the animation cut on Overpower is just icing on the cake. I've only tanked Gilgamesh so far (Hildibrand :allears: ) but I've had a lot of fun doing it. With the improvements, are they completely viable main tanks now, or do they still fall off when it comes to Binding Coil and other later content like they used to?

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Bussamove posted:

When it comes to getting gear past my mish-mash of Darklight/Hoplite stuff, am I correct in thinking that the way to do it now is farming CT all day everyday since they removed the weekly lock that apparently used to be on it pre-2.2? I stopped playing before it was introduced, so I'm still trying to wrap my head around the best way to gear up so I can start enjoying all this cool new primal content. Seems like doing some CT to get bits from there and saving up Mythstones for my still-uncompleted relic, while gathering up Soldiery stones for whatever set they're used for, is the best way to go, but I'm not sure if I'm missing some sort of path I should be taking instead.

I'm still loving all the little changes to warrior. An honest-to-god DR cooldown, another on Inner Beast, and Holmgang are all pretty awesome, and the animation cut on Overpower is just icing on the cake. I've only tanked Gilgamesh so far (Hildibrand :allears: ) but I've had a lot of fun doing it. With the improvements, are they completely viable main tanks now, or do they still fall off when it comes to Binding Coil and other later content like they used to?

Seems like they're viable tanks to me. I haven't seen anyone being picky about it in anything I've run, at least.

And yeah, soon as you can hit CT, fake it 'til you make it. I got four pieces of my CT tank set in three runs on Saturday, then turned around and tanked DF groups through the majority of my warrior relic chain.

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

At first I thought: creepy. Then I realized april fools

edit: beaten

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Motherfucking turn 2 won't give up the goods for me! :argh:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Mega64 posted:

If you haven't gotten your retainers to L10 yet, you should. Quick Ventures unlock then, and for two ventures and an hour wait you can get pretty much anything. I've gotten materia, L50 gear, and I've seen someone get a freaking cello which is now a fixture of the DGKK house.

I really wouldn't be surprised if I get a relic or Allagan gear or something crazy like that from one of these things.

I was by a summoning bell so I decided to try out venturing, but realized pretty quick I didn't have any level 1 weapons lying around. Is there a vendor I can go track down for those?

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Opposing Farce posted:

I was by a summoning bell so I decided to try out venturing, but realized pretty quick I didn't have any level 1 weapons lying around. Is there a vendor I can go track down for those?

There is a vendor in the market district of every city that sells every lv.1-20 weapon, the catch being it only sells the weapons respective to the class guilds of that city. (Limsa has an Axe/Grimoire vendor, Gridania has a Cane/Bow/Lance, Ul'Dah has Sword/Shield/Wand/Fists)

Just look for the Battlefield Vendor (I think its called that), though you should also check the marketboard just incase you find a steal, like people who just list their lv.10 quest reward weapons for like 12 gil or whatever.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Every day I'm more and more amazed at how actively bad people can be. I attempted Ultima Hard (since I never got around to it) and even at 25% echo we couldn't beat it. The AoEs are pretty goddamn generous and there's no excuse at all for being hit by Ifrit. Yet like clockwork, one or two people would get hit (and even at 25% echo some of them had barely 4k hp ughhh). The other healer didn't have swiftcast so if two people died within 60 seconds it usually caused a death spiral as I'm the only person healign the group and trying to get people up at the same time. Since apparently this person got to 50 thinking the healer's duty is to exclusively heal tanks.

Cool fight though.
Were you in my group? Because I spent an hour last night bashing my head against Ultima HM with the exact same experience.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The most frustrating experience in Ultima HM is when everybody dodges perfectly, you make it to the bombs, and everyone just looks around at each other waiting for other people to make the first move before wiping.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

cheetah7071 posted:

The most frustrating experience in Ultima HM is when everybody dodges perfectly, you make it to the bombs, and everyone just looks around at each other waiting for other people to make the first move before wiping.

THis is why you always make the first move yourself. Lead by example and if no one falls in, it's literally everyone's fault EXCEPT yours! It's a win/win.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Kuvo posted:

...off the edge of the football field.

"Preference: Dragoons"

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pierson posted:

Were you in my group? Because I spent an hour last night bashing my head against Ultima HM with the exact same experience.

What's your name and job? It's very possible.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 31, 2014

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think you've had enough, your majesty.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Shove 'em up there again, Dennehy! This time I'll try to just solve the reds!

Bussamove posted:

It might not be fun, but if you really wanna i90 a guildmate of mine worked out a nice system. You go into Brayflox HM and chain pull as much as your tank and healer can handle (think WP speedrunning). Your goal is to rush in and down the first two bosses as fast as possible. Then quit out and do it again. We did it with an undergeared healer and an inexperienced tank and were averaging 50 Myth tomes in 15 minutes. And if you need to cap on Soldiery still, you can keep going to the final boss which adds another 5-7 minutes per run.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What's your name and job? It's very possible.
Same name as here so probably not then. I'm gonna give it another shot tonight because yeesh I'd like that thing gone, it's cluttering up my neat and tidy questlog!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

That's why I throw Sacred Soil over it with my macro of "(Sacred Soil) cast, please stand in it." If they listen, it pops the bomb. :v:

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

Holidae posted:

It might not be fun, but if you really wanna i90 a guildmate of mine worked out a nice system. You go into Brayflox HM and chain pull as much as your tank and healer can handle (think WP speedrunning). Your goal is to rush in and down the first two bosses as fast as possible. Then quit out and do it again. We did it with an undergeared healer and an inexperienced tank and were averaging 50 Myth tomes in 15 minutes. And if you need to cap on Soldiery still, you can keep going to the final boss which adds another 5-7 minutes per run.

gently caress the loving group that did this poo poo on my roulette run. gently caress.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Demitri Omni posted:

gently caress the loving group that did this poo poo on my roulette run. gently caress.

What kind of idiot would do this in a non-full-premade, if a roulette person is with you you eat a huge lockout

Oh XIV players. :sigh:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

What kind of idiot would do this in a non-full-premade, if a roulette person is with you you eat a huge lockout

Oh XIV players. :sigh:

It's obviously faster to wait 30 minutes for a lockout than to spend 10 minutes finishing the instance! :eng101:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
This lag is loving ridiculous

Been full on disconnected twice in Totorak so far. And it's not my end.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

sassassin posted:

Game is nigh unplayable for some people at least. Time to take a break and try again tomorrow I guess.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

sassassin posted:

Oh good, that answers the question I was just about to ask. More DoH grinding for me, then.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

It's really just 4-mans and solo duties that are hosed. 8-mans have been fine for me.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It was at least a little funny when the three pubbies I was with all started apologising at once for being disconnected.

The horrifyingly undergeared tank couldn't hold threat for poo poo. No big loss.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kyrosiris posted:

It's really just 4-mans and solo duties that are hosed. 8-mans have been fine for me.

8 man is now laggy as poo poo as well

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Yeah, I couldn't even start my Hildebrand. Grrr.

Really would like to finish my stones tonight, too. All I need is one dungeon roulette.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
There's a bunch of cool blog posts from community reps on the official forums:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/85653-Sell-Fantasia-on-the-Mogstation?p=1986326#post1986326

"Greetings, everyone!

As you're no doubt aware (this thread is huge!), we are extremely aware of the desire for phials of Fantasia to be made available on the Mog Station.
As mentioned previously, we're in the process of making this happen and as soon as we have the details finalized, we'll make a formal announcement."

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/155960-Extending-inventory-slot-display-to-beyond-25-per-page?p=1994122#post1994122

"Of our task list of implementation requests, the feature to display 100 inventory slots simultaneously has reached the top of our list, and as such we are planning to release this in patch 2.3.

This will apply to both your inventory bag and retainer inventory, and it will be addressed for the Windows and PlayStation 4 versions.
*Naturally you'll be able to select the display option of your choice and if you wish you can switch it to the current 25 slot display."

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

UglyDucklett posted:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/155960-Extending-inventory-slot-display-to-beyond-25-per-page?p=1994122#post1994122

"Of our task list of implementation requests, the feature to display 100 inventory slots simultaneously has reached the top of our list, and as such we are planning to release this in patch 2.3.

This will apply to both your inventory bag and retainer inventory, and it will be addressed for the Windows and PlayStation 4 versions.
*Naturally you'll be able to select the display option of your choice and if you wish you can switch it to the current 25 slot display."

Thank gently caress. 2.3 can't come soon enough for that feature alone.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

My retainer is the best axe thief gatherer ever.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
Anyone know what, if any difference there is when selecting your retainer's job?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
All the combat classes get the same venture missions, but considering gear supposedly affects what they bring back (not sure how it messes with quick exploration though) and retainer level is capped at 5 below a job that's not level 50, you probably want a class you're already levelling to 50 and have gear for it.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Resubscribed after having not played since the month after launch.

Is it normal for the client updater to download slow as hell?

Every time I restart it I'll get speeds at 1.7 MB/s then it quickly drops down to about 0.14 MB/s

Edit: cool, as soon as I bitched about it, it started working right

boz fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 1, 2014

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

One of mine found HQ i55 Armorer pants with a level 1 weapon and no other gear at level 13, in fact since gearing them up I've been having less success with them returning anything decent.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
At ilvl 0, I got 5 allagan pieces from field exploration II. At ilvl 4, I got 7. I'd guess ilvl only matters for not-quick exploration though.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Man, I just got to the first story cutscene right after beating Leviathan and they could not be teasing thief any harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Opposing Farce posted:

Man, I just got to the first story cutscene right after beating Leviathan and they could not be teasing thief any harder.

I'm thinking it may indeed be a new class or job, thief or something along those lines indeed, however I don't think it'll be a job you could theoretically start the game with.

• Locked thread