Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People are now writing benny fan-fiction this thread is going to get weird fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Turtlicious posted:

People are now writing benny fan-fiction this thread is going to get weird fast.

With Benny gone we have to make our own fun.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
Maybe he was getting ready for his first day as a volunteer but fell ill. When he called to let them know that he couldn't come in, he told them it was because he was too stoned. He'd already tried the "I'm hungover!" excuse and it backfired, but being too stoned to work sounded like a great idea.

Or he didn't get the position. Wasn't it up in the air and he was waiting to be fingerprinted or something?

Or maybe he's reached a new level of depressed and is spending all of his time indulging in his adult baby fetish.

Or his mom caught him jacking off again and confiscated his computer, and he failed to realize that there are computers at his place of 'work'.

The possibilities are endless!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Xenocides posted:

Or close this pitiful thread/.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Maybe when he did his fingerprinting, they found out he was wanted for various child sex offenses.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Xenocides posted:

He's not gone, he's just avoiding e/n (which might be one of the smartest things he's done in the last year).

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Lolie posted:

He's not gone, he's just avoiding e/n (which might be one of the smartest things he's done in the last year).

I don't think avoiding advice to get healthcare is a great idea.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Scapegoat posted:

I don't think avoiding advice to get healthcare is a great idea.

Yeah avoiding e/n is only a great idea if you're actually doing something with your life in the meantime. While not being in his thread is hardly a bad idea, I'd be hard-pressed to think he's doing something more productive with his time.

Fugue Stater
Oct 17, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

God I hope so. With any luck, he'll become an internet superstar and leverage that into his own hit reality show. Oh, you'd watch it, yes you would.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Lolie posted:

I just want you to know that I sat here for a long time trying to think of something that Benny did over the course of this thread that would be smarter than just not posting in it, but I couldn't come up with a single thing. He's better off doing nothing because he'll mess up if he does something, but he's spent YEARS doing nothing and still screwed it all up.

edit:

Ursine Asylum posted:

Yeah avoiding e/n is only a great idea if you're actually doing something with your life in the meantime. While not being in his thread is hardly a bad idea, I'd be hard-pressed to think he's doing something more productive with his time.

I guess I can't read because I missed this, but this dude is right on.

Greg Legg fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Mar 29, 2014

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
close the thread!

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

He's not posting in this thread until he gets a job.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
Benny will post tomorrow.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Thats my plan anyway. Im gonna lean in.I'm angry at my mom but my Uncle Jim told me ti's ok if she hits me. (Actually that last part made me legit sad.)

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Last day for Obamacare, Benny delivers by not delivering yet again.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

He didn't even try Thunderdome this week. :smith: Just when it seemed like he was learning about follow through, getting a little consistency.

Seriously, Benny, what are you doing that you can't write ~1000 words a week? You were getting good, valid critiques from people in there, and it seemed like there was slight improvement from week to week, then you just ... stop? God.

gently caress.

Kingdom of Sin
Feb 27, 2005

O frabjous day
I hate to interrupt the Obamacare ragefest but Benny told me that he and his family did in fact get insurance. I think he is avoiding this thread for now which is probably a good thing. Maybe when/if he gets a job we will be once more graced by his presence. Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled Benny bashing.

buteruc
Feb 12, 2009

A Tin Of Beans posted:

He didn't even try Thunderdome this week. :smith: Just when it seemed like he was learning about follow through, getting a little consistency.

Seriously, Benny, what are you doing that you can't write ~1000 words a week? You were getting good, valid critiques from people in there, and it seemed like there was slight improvement from week to week, then you just ... stop? God.

gently caress.

Maybe he has a full-time job.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Thanks for the update! I wonder if he got his fingerprints done.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Kingdom of Sin posted:

I hate to interrupt the Obamacare ragefest but Benny told me that he and his family did in fact get insurance.

They got insurance? or they had insurance all along?

Get therapy, Benny. No matter how much effort it takes.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

buteruc posted:

Maybe he has a full-time job.

More likely: he's been a troll this whole time and finally got sick of it.

Kingdom of Sin
Feb 27, 2005

O frabjous day

cname posted:

They got insurance? or they had insurance all along?

Get therapy, Benny. No matter how much effort it takes.

No idea.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Kingdom of Sin posted:

I hate to interrupt the Obamacare ragefest but Benny told me that he and his family did in fact get insurance. I think he is avoiding this thread for now which is probably a good thing.

First genuinely good news of this thread.

Arch Stanton
Nov 23, 2003
EYEBALLS AND TONGUES DON'T MIX EW EW EW EW EW
What a surprise! A lazy piece of poo poo did... NOTHING

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Can this thread be goldmined?

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004
Over a year in the making, this thread is finally over, I think. Benny is done with being made fun of non stop and, at the same time, done with people expecting results. Those are pretty much the only people in this thread. My guess is that he is done with the writing thread because he realized he sucked.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Geoj posted:

More likely: he's been a troll this whole time and finally got sick of it.

If he's been a troll this whole time, he's been really dedicated between AIM, IRC, and the various threads across SA. I haven't spoken to him outside of this thread, but a lot of people have chimed in from time to time and have corroborated his story through talking with him on AIM or whatever.

Basically, if he's trolling, he still needs help.

Arch Stanton
Nov 23, 2003
EYEBALLS AND TONGUES DON'T MIX EW EW EW EW EW

Robot_Rumpus posted:

Over a year in the making, this thread is finally over, I think. Benny is done with being made fun of non stop and, at the same time, done with people expecting results. Those are pretty much the only people in this thread. My guess is that he is done with the writing thread because he realized he sucked.

Or maybe he found a mamma to indulge his adult baby fetish and has been too busy with diaper play to post an update?

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Arch Stanton posted:

Or maybe he found a mamma to indulge his adult baby fetish and has been too busy with diaper play to post an update?

While possible, I think my guess is probably more accurate. Indulging the baby fetish would require a level of commitment that he is probably not capable of. His inaction is most likely due to being incredibly lazy and feeling tired of being criticized for it.

Fugue Stater
Oct 17, 2012

Robot_Rumpus posted:

While possible, I think my guess is probably more accurate. Indulging the baby fetish would require a level of commitment that he is probably not capable of. His inaction is most likely due to being incredibly lazy and feeling tired of being criticized for it.

Or he's getting jiggy with the girl60-year old woman behind the reference desk. Her mothering instinct took over, and the rest was history.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

Fugue Stater posted:

and the rest was history.

So.. she smothered him?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
gently caress you, Benny. gently caress you.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Yeah Benny you suck pretty hard.

Running away from your problems is easier but you won't get anywhere. Basically you're just a giant pussy

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
So we just had an interviewee come back in and give my bosses a thank you note.

Benny???!!!

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Sitting Here posted:

Benny???!!!

Someone's been taking the wrong lessons from this thread :smith:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Ursine Asylum posted:

Someone's been taking the wrong lessons from this thread :smith:

He's been doing that for an entire year, no shock.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Sitting Here posted:

Benny???!!!

Do you work in the Inland Empire?

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

here you go Benny, because you literally couldn't do any worse:

http://www.theonion.com/video/the-onions-tips-for-nailing-a-job-interview,35696/

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

crabrock posted:

http://www.theonion.com/video/the-onions-tips-for-nailing-a-job-interview,35696/
Just got bombarded by a pre-roll ad for dubsteppin' Mike's Blood Orange soda or something and I thought it was itself an Onion parody.

"BLOOD
BLOOD

ORANGE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

crabrock posted:

It's like Benny watched this, and took it all to heart. The only time he accepts advice is when it's satire.

• Locked thread