Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Lionel Richie posted:

This is all happening too quickly, Giles won't be getting the job at this rate and we'll end up with Peter Moores again. A man who, after a close defeat to New Zealand in a random ODI got all the players to go straight back outside and do a full training session on the pitch to show them how "up for it" they were, because he'd read it in Michael Jordan's autobiography or something. The New Zealand players were sat on the balcony with a beer laughing their tits off.

I heard Fleming was being considered, and since he probably won't be doing anything this year...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Shmoses posted:

The question for me now is who's embarrassed themselves more, England or Australia? England have been despicably bad and are arguably at a generational nadir but Australia were considered one of the favourites to win the tournament and were bundled out at the absolute earliest possible opportunity.
I think we may have gone better if CA picked a BBL dream team and sent that to the tournament instead of useless twats like Watson.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Australia losing to Bangladesh tonight would wrap this tournament up really nicely for this thread, it has had it all

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Fanatic posted:

I think we may have gone better if CA picked a BBL dream team and sent that to the tournament instead of useless twats like Watson.

There was probably a clause saying countries had to pick their most well known/marketable players or something.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

There was probably a clause saying countries had to pick their most well known/marketable players or something.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
So of the three players who came out of the Ashes looking anywhere near good: you have a guy who's been permanently dropped from the England team; a man who's apparently not even been looked at since the end of the SCG test, and you have a man who's just captained England through an embarrassing loss to the Dutch in an ICC competition.

Fabulous...

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
There's also the guy who punched a wall and broke his hand

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Haters Objector posted:

There's also the guy who punched a wall and broke his hand

Thats one way to try and avoid blame for the t20 fiasco

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Did Corey Anderson break his hand or what?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Dislocated finger, needed stitches. 6 weeks to recover.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Pussy should have batted with one hand.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
seems like the wheelie bin is about as good a coach as he was a bowler

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I don't understand how we looked at our performances in this world cup and decided we had to drop our spinner

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Shameful play by Australia here, they might win.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Aww, how cute.

Ok, so it might be Pakistan's turn to be utter poo poo at batting.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

goatface posted:

Aww, how cute.

Ok, so it might be Pakistan's turn to be utter poo poo at batting.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Oh yes :allears:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So much awful batting.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/733427.html

Alastair Beta Bitch Cook posted:

The real reasons for Pietersons sacking will be clearer soon

What a colossal bellend. Hes backing Giles all the way too. Has to earn that piece of silver he was given.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is he releasing another autobiography that includes a chapter on how he saved his marriage despite porking half the teams' wives?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Watching every England fan turn on golden boy Cook is pretty hilarious. Not that he hasn't earned any of it.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
As well as Carberry and his mam, there's this from Selvey as well, which is quite staggering.

https://twitter.com/selvecricket/status/450916232808894464

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Also on the Carberry's mum stuff. It should be noted that South African Cricket Association flew JP Duminy's mum to Aus to watch him play in his debut series. I am not entirely sure if it was for his 2nd or 3rd test.

ECB literally bigger cunts than the Saffers.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Apparently; Sri Lanka have more people trying to be captain than non-captains in this game...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are the Windies planning to do that "double their score in the last 5 overs" thing again?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Samuels is a POS with his lovely batting. Just get out if you can't get some runs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Or a storm could end the game with them about 40 runs off the pace.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Bangladesh's weather and power conditions seem scary and a little hellish.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

Or a storm could end the game with them about 40 runs off the pace.

Just as well.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're going to finish the game as beach cricket.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

There something about Ashwin that really makes me dislike him, apart from him just being an Indian cricketer. I think it's his tiny, lifeless eyes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think India can chase this.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Hopefully it'll be India's turn to forget how to bat and get a 2 digit total

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
South Africa might want to try taking wickets and not bowling pies.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Saffers are never gonna win world cups

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Is there anyplace to order IPL shirts that ships to America? My Google-fu is apparently weak.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

So... what's the deal with English domestic cricket? Do they not like.. broadcast it on TV?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Brett824 posted:

So... what's the deal with English domestic cricket? Do they not like.. broadcast it on TV?

Come watch players worse than the lot who lost to Holland. Not much of a selling point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Brett824 posted:

First class? Not really, only the occasional game.

• Locked thread