Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Someone please explain Fate The Game to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Jetsetlemming posted:

What's the mechanism for stuff to end up in the colon from blood? Is that the liver filtering the blood or something? We didn't mention that much on class, it's possible I missed or forgot something :ohdear:

If a vampire in a story is cold, necrotic, etc, then they're all up in the domain of magic. Science need not apply :v: Similarly if a zombie plague brings the dead back to life, like in Night of The Living Dead, as opposed to Resident Evil, which while incredibly silly and unscientific, is based on people getting a disease that turns them into zombies, rather than resurrecting corpses.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Enfys, but I thought that dead cells were eliminated in a basic two stage approach. Macrophages consume dead cells, while cellular debris is able to pass through the epithelial layer into the intestines.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I thought the vampires in 30 Days of Night were pretty cool

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

I thought the vampires in 30 Days of Night were pretty cool

That was a great comic. Really interesting premise too.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

30 days of night was scary.

step aside
Sep 21, 2011

Avshalom posted:

downloading thousands of photoshop textures on the uni internet to make my comic handsome and the uni has to pay for it hahaha ahahaha ahahahahaha :dong: :dong: :dong:

I have on occasions pirated fonts but I am glad that I can now buy them through work

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Shannonmcn posted:

Kickstarting musical called 30 Nights of Day that is about zombies who got changed back to humans and now they're just happy all the time and volunteering at hospitals and stuff.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

detectivemonkey posted:

Kickstarting musical called 30 Nights of Day that is about zombies who got changed back to humans and now they're just happy all the time and volunteering at hospitals and stuff.

There was a terrible british tv who about that

couwy
Nov 9, 2009

~just feels good~
Twilight was a big deal for my roommate in college back in '08 and it was embarrassing, but it wasn't as bad as everyone obsessing over Across the Universe the year before.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

boom boom boom posted:

There was a terrible british tv who about that

There was?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Shannonmcn posted:

It was nice to have actually gruesome vampires in a movie, I thought.

Nightwatch is another good vampire movie, and I wish more subtitles were done that way. I keep meaning to watch the sequel, but haven't gotten around to it

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

detectivemonkey posted:

Do it! I had been putting off making muffins and then I did it and they tasted amazing and it was easy and now my kitchen isn't filled with brown bananas

Ok, you convinced me. They're in the oven now.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

It was nice to have actually gruesome vampires in a movie, I thought.

Nightwatch is another good vampire movie, and I wish more subtitles were done that way. I keep meaning to watch the sequel, but haven't gotten around to it

I read the novel of that, maybe i should check it out. It was a good novel.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Shannonmcn posted:

There was?

In the Flesh. it was super bad

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Meis posted:

I read the novel of that, maybe i should check it out. It was a good novel.

itt's part of a series and i think the other books have now been translated

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

michael bay directs jackass?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

boom boom boom posted:

Someone please explain Fate The Game to me

sounds like a game of fate to me

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Good morning, Ladythread! I'm reenlisting this morning. Ceremony and all. Also, it is the Navy Chief Petty Officer Birthday, so there will be cake. Yeeah!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Petty_Officer#United_States_of_America

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Tempus Fugit posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, Enfys, but I thought that dead cells were eliminated in a basic two stage approach. Macrophages consume dead cells, while cellular debris is able to pass through the epithelial layer into the intestines.

Anyone else remember seeing that Stephen King short story turned into a movie ( I think), where the vampire was hideous and was urinating blood into a toilet? Movie ended with the main guy hacking up a bunch of other vampires, only to discover they were innocent bystanders.

poopkitty posted:

Good morning, Ladythread! I'm reenlisting this morning. Ceremony and all. Also, it is the Navy Chief Petty Officer Birthday, so there will be cake. Yeeah!

Way to go~!

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 1, 2014

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

poopkitty posted:

How many more years until we can visit your goat farm?

Also congratulations on ceremony + cake.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
This has to be the best cheesy gooey pizza deep dish I've ever had.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Al Borland posted:

pics pls

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Wicker Man posted:

Anyone else remember seeing that Stephen King short story turned into a movie ( I think), where the vampire was hideous and was urinating blood into a toilet? Movie ended with the main guy hacking up a bunch of other vampires, only to discover they were innocent bystanders.

Way to go~!

Thanks! The only Stephen King story I remember about blood had something to do with shitweasels. That hosed me up for a while.

DetectiveMonkey, I can retire in May of 2016. Then I'll be in TX hopefully starting grad school for my therapy/counseling degree.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Aha! Found it. A little :nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0ezd-3CaVM .

Blood urinal scene must have been just before this clip. I dunno, I like the butt-ugly vampire theme because it goes with the whole "they are monsters" but I'm torn about the 'beautiful monster' concept of them being gorgeous but lethal.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Al Borland posted:

Where did you get it from?

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Is Betty who famous in Australia? I have become such a fan

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

poopkitty posted:

Thanks! The only Stephen King story I remember about blood had something to do with shitweasels. That hosed me up for a while.

DetectiveMonkey, I can retire in May of 2016. Then I'll be in TX hopefully starting grad school for my therapy/counseling degree.

I'll start trying to get my marriage on the rocks so you can save it in 2018.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVLlDd3HyDo

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my website is progressing nicely

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

It's beautiful :allears:

I can't wait to learn how Carmelo hosed it up

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Wicker Man posted:

I dunno, I like the butt-ugly vampire theme because it goes with the whole "they are monsters" but I'm torn about the 'beautiful monster' concept of them being gorgeous but lethal.

Original Romanian vampire folk tales portrayed them more like our modern zombies. Walking corpses, rising from the grave to feast on the blood of the living. Bela Lugosi's portrayal of Dracula is what really encouraged the "handsome and charming" vampire. Dracula in the book is still very intelligent and aristocratic, but also was supposed to look more like Count Orloff of Nosferatu, but with white hair a moustache and hairy hands.

I like the idea of a monster who doesn't look like a monster. I'm fine with the modern portly of vampires as beautiful and seductive creatures, but not to the point where they sparkle in sunlight.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Crow Jane posted:

I can't wait to learn how Carmelo hosed it up
bloody carmelo

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
carmelo is the main character of :siren:my novel:siren:, terrible things happen to and around him and most of them aren't his fault but his attempts to fix the situation never work out

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

bloody carmelo

I think everyone knows a bloody Carmelo. He's like the Moon Moon of men

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

You are my hero.

I had frozen macaroni and cheese with broccoli. Great! Easy dinner! OH WAIT IT'S BEEN IN THE OVEN FOR AN HOUR AND IS FROZEN.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

be sure to put a billion unnecessary divs and tables and lists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

detectivemonkey posted:

You are my hero.

I had frozen macaroni and cheese with broccoli. Great! Easy dinner! OH WAIT IT'S BEEN IN THE OVEN FOR AN HOUR AND IS FROZEN.
this happened to me once but it was a whole chicken and it was in the oven for six hours without cooking. the oven was on and operating normally. nobody has ever been able to figure out how it happened

• Locked thread