Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

HughGRect posted:

You have to have a decent distance from all other claims near you.

To show exactly where you can place your claim bring up your map and check the box called show claimable areas. You can drop you claim anywhere that isn't red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
I also have a cobolt pickaxe if anyone want, erephus in game.

Quote me here with to whom I should send it to.

erephus fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 30, 2014

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

erephus posted:

I also have a cobolt pickaxe if anyone want, erephus in game.

Quote me here with to whom I should send it to.

Send that pickaxe to xutech please, I would love to upgrade

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Thanks for the awesome pick! so many activities.

/join eqnlgoons for chat.

also teleporting to people in your friends-list is VERY handy.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I got some old rings/axes/picks in a chest at my claim, open to anyone. Serenity Valley, floating ship east of the spire. Can't miss it but you need a hook to get up there.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Heehee, last night my little brother got set-up and in (I'm really jealous of his dorm internet speeds now) so I stayed up a bit later than I planned just answering some of his questions over steam. After a moment of figurative silence, he cracks me up with one line:

Landmark in a nutshell. I'm amazed how excited I am to run around digging holes with my little brother.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Trebuchet King posted:

Heehee, last night my little brother got set-up and in (I'm really jealous of his dorm internet speeds now) so I stayed up a bit later than I planned just answering some of his questions over steam. After a moment of figurative silence, he cracks me up with one line:

Landmark in a nutshell. I'm amazed how excited I am to run around digging holes with my little brother.

God I hope voxels are the future

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Building Ewok forts with Erephus is great fun. Working on top secret entrance #1.

Share permissions today!

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

I have a stupid bug with my claims. I have a single voxel between the two claims which I don't have permissions on. Anyone else have this problem? I tried unflagging my second claim and reflagging it, that didn't work.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jabro posted:

Take the Goon Expressway.

Adventure - Oxbow. South of the Spire.

So is "Goon Valley" just LumberingTroll's claim, or does one need to go elsewhere?

And on the topic of free pickaxes, I've got 3 spare Mithrils if anyone wants one.

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

Azhais posted:

And on the topic of free pickaxes, I've got 3 spare Mithrils if anyone wants one.

I'm Nasrik in-game and would gladly take one if you still have any to spare.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

So is "Goon Valley" just LumberingTroll's claim, or does one need to go elsewhere?

Do you still have these? If you do, I'd love one, I'm Paolia in-game.

Also, I'm pretty new to the game, and while I've crafted a claim flag and so forth, I've been having a hard time figuring out where to put one down. All the T4 islands have no space left near to the spire, and while it's not as bad on lower tier islands, I've been told that having a spot on a T4 island is the best way to go for now since that's where I'll end up doing most of my gathering. Does anyone have any advice about this? I'm inclined to think that being near to a spire is probably the most important thing, but I don't know if that holds as you continue to progress.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Azhais posted:

I was late to place a claim in the area but just going by claim names that I know belong to goons there is at least 4 goon claims in that valley but I would guess they might all actually be goons.

edit - not that anyone has built much yet. My claim is empty, I have just been getting my tools so far.

Shemp the Stooge fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 31, 2014

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Lava tube is sparsely claimed along the edges. I have a nice claim all the way north.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I'm downloading this now, I guess I'll go dick around in goon valley for a bit and then stake a claim tomorrow. Is there a concentration of goon claims that actually has space left, or are we just scattered?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

babydonthurtme posted:

Do you still have these? If you do, I'd love one, I'm Paolia in-game.

Ebenezer posted:

I'm Nasrik in-game and would gladly take one if you still have any to spare.

Check your mail, in theory you should have them. Still have one left if anyone needs.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Well, I'm in as Mephiston. Got my plot staked down on the side of a mountain southeast of the spire in oxbow.

Edit: Lowtax Memorial home for wayward Goons is up, and I have some public crafting stations up if you need them. Feel free to add me in game.

Mephiston fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Mar 31, 2014

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I feel like I'm missing something here. Is there anyway to have the Delete tool set to a larger size or do I have to modify the size every time I want to do large removals? Making two plots relatively level is going to be really tedious at this rate.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Kortel posted:

I feel like I'm missing something here. Is there anyway to have the Delete tool set to a larger size or do I have to modify the size every time I want to do large removals? Making two plots relatively level is going to be really tedious at this rate.

You can use mousewheel to change it to a larger size, or if you are doing huge areas you can use the selection tool and hit the delete key.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

If you don't have the selection tool yet, save yourself a headache and hours, and just don't do any large scale building of any kind until you have it.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Tom Guycot posted:

If you don't have the selection tool yet, save yourself a headache and hours, and just don't do any large scale building of any kind until you have it.

This, so much. The select tool is the best thing ever, and the single reason why it's so hard to go back to minecraft after playing with landmark's tools for a bit.

starfish
Dec 21, 2004

DevNull posted:

I have a stupid bug with my claims. I have a single voxel between the two claims which I don't have permissions on. Anyone else have this problem? I tried unflagging my second claim and reflagging it, that didn't work.

Apparently it's a known issue that they are looking into. Until then, there's a workaround that some people have had work that involves pasting across the gap (same goes for deleting, pasting empty space deletes stuff).

I am having major issues with one aspect of my current claim. I have a large cylinder/tower type thing and I'm trying to attach another ring around it but no matter what I do, it distorts. I've tried attaching the two with microvoxels, tried building them together and then smoothing, tried pasting the ring around the cylinder.. this is the best I've managed to do and they both look like rear end.

For reference, these are the beams I ideally want to wrap around the tower.

So, anyone mastered this stuff well enough to know if there's a solution? I might just make the stupid tower square.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Leave a 1 voxel gap between the rings. Only thing I know that works and might not look good

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

Sorry for the lovely MSPaint but the problem is that your cylinders are too similar in size:

Placing two voxels that are smoothed next to each other will make them want to interact, that's what the distortions are. If there's a plain non smoothed voxel in between them, then both of the cylindrical shapes will stay intact. Making the widest cylinder 2 or 4 voxels wider in diameter should work.

itsnice2bnice fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 31, 2014

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Tin being under copper is an elaborate prank on new people right? I duh up so much drat copper last night without finding a bit of tin :(

Also feel free to friend eltoasto and send me a pick you don't need.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

Check your mail, in theory you should have them. Still have one left if anyone needs.
Got the pick last night, thanks! Now to see about making a select tool so I can try to do something with the hilariously lovely claim I made by mistake.

Edit: ^^^ apparently you can find tin veins out in the open on tier 2 worlds. You do trade in your copper problem for an iron problem, though, as iron is what mostly spawns on the surface in T2, with occasional sprinkles of tin nearby.

babydonthurtme fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 31, 2014

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Eltoasto posted:

Tin being under copper is an elaborate prank on new people right? I duh up so much drat copper last night without finding a bit of tin :(

Tin was under copper in alpha; I've been having more luck since beta started finding it surface-level on T2 continents

On the friends note--I can't seem to add my littlw brother, do I need more than just his character name?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Tin not appearing at the end of copper veins is a bug introduced in Friday's hotfix.

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
Here is the location on Adventure - Oxbow
I might not have catched all goon claims, S-SE from the spire, there still are some pretty good spots left.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

I'll take one, ingame name is Repub.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Republicanus posted:

I'll take one, ingame name is Repub.

In the mail!

Huttan
May 15, 2013

itsnice2bnice posted:

I don't remember what the stat range for a green Keen-Eye Band is, but I have a blue one with 1.5 Discovery on it. My green Assessor's Marks (craftable at an Outfitter's Table) have 3.3 and 3.6 Discovery on them in comparison.
I've only gotten as high as 1.2 and still be green.

Eltoasto posted:

Also feel free to friend eltoasto and send me a pick you don't need.

I found tons of tin on T2 islands. My eyesight must be going because they look too much like silver deposits (same color, the silver is just a little bit more shiny). I've got a bunch of spare picks, I've got a spare legendary Iron one I'll send you tonight, if you still need one.

starfish
Dec 21, 2004

itsnice2bnice posted:

Sorry for the lovely MSPaint but the problem is that your cylinders are too similar in size:

Thanks for that! Good to know. Unfortunately one of the rings had to be one voxel thick. I figured it out, though.

Hurray.

Diran
Jan 28, 2014
Has anyone figured out how to make a decent corner roof section for a Japanese themed building? I am thinking something along the lines here http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Himeji_Castle_04s3200.jpg

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Huttan posted:

I've only gotten as high as 1.2 and still be green.

I found tons of tin on T2 islands. My eyesight must be going because they look too much like silver deposits (same color, the silver is just a little bit more shiny). I've got a bunch of spare picks, I've got a spare legendary Iron one I'll send you tonight, if you still need one.

That would be fantastic :)

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Diran posted:

Has anyone figured out how to make a decent corner roof section for a Japanese themed building? I am thinking something along the lines here http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Himeji_Castle_04s3200.jpg

Like this sort of?

Saw someone on the forums that could sort of do it. I have no idea how, i don't use smoothing right now.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

erephus posted:

Here is the location on Adventure - Oxbow
I might not have catched all goon claims, S-SE from the spire, there still are some pretty good spots left.

I circled my plot in green. I have some public crafting stations up, a void storage, and loads of palmetto trees (for palm hearts) nearby. Just look for Lowtax Memorial home for Wayward Goons.

Huttan
May 15, 2013
Pick sent. I've lately been harvesting on "Point".

Azhais posted:

How long does it take you to farm the parts for a single pick?

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

With 130% stations & 20% potion, takes me maybe little over an hour. I use 2x assessors for the mining and 2x brawn for chopping.

My luck with the RNG is poo poo =/.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

Mephiston posted:

I circled my plot in green. I have some public crafting stations up, a void storage, and loads of palmetto trees (for palm hearts) nearby. Just look for Lowtax Memorial home for Wayward Goons.

That double blue flag in the upper right of your circle is my place. I just have a forge so far.

• Locked thread