Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

drat that whole story is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

It's gone, guys.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

7thBatallion posted:

It's gone, guys.

It is still in the ocean. It ain't leaving.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

7thBatallion posted:

It's gone, guys.

Maybe it is just stuck in a labyrinth?

Helmacron
Jun 3, 2005

looking down at the world
I want when this thread hits 100 pages that everyone starts talking backwards, each person in the thread posts in their respective times, mirroring this thread to the two hundredth page, each post a mirror opposed post of the original post, not in gobbledegook back speech ala Twin Peaks, but with positivity, this driving unfathomably enthusiastic response, each post twisting the sadness and despair so relevant to a plane's loss to this reassuring and vibrant push.

Banned people are unbanned, probated people are unprobated, everyone flocks together, everyone breathing, change sparkling in an air as crisp as new snow, everyone has their place from the first pages, and on the second run through, all know what we have to do: buffing this world.

And as we close in, the news, everything starts becoming more positive, less hopeless, and gone are the stories of screaming relatives being thrown from hotel doorways with unpacked luggage and gone are the stories of broken planes cartwheeling into a hateful ocean with centrifugally sundered humans in a water-filled metal tube waving waxy hands in unseen rips to the turned backs of all former. All gone and instead, there's weird unconfirmed reports of boats landing in far, out of way places, boats full of hungry people, of falling to knees and kissing the ground and faces raising and wet sand on wet lips.

Then Three Olives comes back, and posts:

Everyone is found. Even the mangosteens And everyone has marvellous stories.
Then the thread closes.

and the world rejoices and there's a big meet up and everyone talks about it, and we have a cool name for it, the event, and then we slowly start to forget, and we don't bring it up, and when people tease us, we look away and don't say anything and our grand children will be like "did anything cool happen in your life time?" and you'll think of this, this event, where it's as if the world was changed by the reversal of attitude on a cynical Internet forum and then you'll lamely say "no, no" and wait for the more and more frequent bouts of dementia to help you forget. Forget this, and forget your wife already in a home due to advanced alzheimer's, who has forgotten you, and frequently has to be pulled off the randy dicks of men her age who she just can't be trusted to remember not to gently caress.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

Here's the video, 125 fatalities and 50 injured survivors.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JamesieAB posted:

Here's the video, 125 fatalities and 50 injured survivors.

Yeah thats amazing. When the poster last page asked if there'd ever been a successful water landing by a large passenger aircraft I remembered seeing the video on real TV a long time ago and there being survivors

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
This whole 777 thing better not be some sort of viral marketing campaign for the Malaysian version of Lost.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I think the plane sinked.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Helmacron posted:

I want when this thread hits 100 pages that everyone starts talking backwards, each person in the thread posts in their respective times, mirroring this thread to the two hundredth page, each post a mirror opposed post of the original post, not in gobbledegook back speech ala Twin Peaks, but with positivity, this driving unfathomably enthusiastic response, each post twisting the sadness and despair so relevant to a plane's loss to this reassuring and vibrant push.

Banned people are unbanned, probated people are unprobated, everyone flocks together, everyone breathing, change sparkling in an air as crisp as new snow, everyone has their place from the first pages, and on the second run through, all know what we have to do: buffing this world.

And as we close in, the news, everything starts becoming more positive, less hopeless, and gone are the stories of screaming relatives being thrown from hotel doorways with unpacked luggage and gone are the stories of broken planes cartwheeling into a hateful ocean with centrifugally sundered humans in a water-filled metal tube waving waxy hands in unseen rips to the turned backs of all former. All gone and instead, there's weird unconfirmed reports of boats landing in far, out of way places, boats full of hungry people, of falling to knees and kissing the ground and faces raising and wet sand on wet lips.

Then Three Olives comes back, and posts:

Everyone is found. Even the mangosteens And everyone has marvellous stories.
Then the thread closes.

and the world rejoices and there's a big meet up and everyone talks about it, and we have a cool name for it, the event, and then we slowly start to forget, and we don't bring it up, and when people tease us, we look away and don't say anything and our grand children will be like "did anything cool happen in your life time?" and you'll think of this, this event, where it's as if the world was changed by the reversal of attitude on a cynical Internet forum and then you'll lamely say "no, no" and wait for the more and more frequent bouts of dementia to help you forget. Forget this, and forget your wife already in a home due to advanced alzheimer's, who has forgotten you, and frequently has to be pulled off the randy dicks of men her age who she just can't be trusted to remember not to gently caress.

This.

Or Bermuda Triangle aliens from an alternate dimension.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
CNN Breaking News: The Malaysian government is still wholly incompetent and the airliner has not been found. Also there is a lot more garbage in the ocean that no one really wanted to discuss but that will be another investigative report that is currently in production.

CNN Special Report: A Sea of Garbage - Who Woulda Thunk It?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

redshirt posted:

This.

Or Bermuda Triangle aliens from an alternate dimension.

The plane is viral marketing for the Syfy Original Movie "Bermuda Tentacles"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cartoon posted:

This is the definitive open water ditching. The Ethiopian Air flight was being messed with by hijackers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALM_Flight_980

:stonk: Son of a bitch. I guess I gotta retract my incredulity at the life-raft thing.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
"The Malaysian Department of Civil Aviation said Monday that the last communication with the air traffic controller was "Good night, Malaysian three seven zero."

Imagine that..

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

How to crash and plane and document it properly 101:

:nws: ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDu0jYiz-v8

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Zogo posted:

How to crash and plane and document it properly 101:

:nws: ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDu0jYiz-v8

Hey dad can you spread that wound open a bit for the camera, youtube will love this, no? Ok I'll do it.

Skipjack
Sep 11, 2007

I prefer a quiet station,
thank you.

demonR6 posted:

CNN Breaking News: The Malaysian government is still wholly incompetent and the airliner has not been found. Also there is a lot more garbage in the ocean that no one really wanted to discuss but that will be another investigative report that is currently in production.

CNN Special Report: A Sea of Garbage - Who Woulda Thunk It?

Guys you wouldn't believe all the poo poo we've found out here, some guy's yacht, a cargo container full of sports shoes and quite lot of plastic sheeting

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
now we know that planes cannot fly in water, or in trees

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

demonR6 posted:

"The Malaysian Department of Civil Aviation said Monday that the last communication with the air traffic controller was "Good night, Malaysian three seven zero."

Imagine that..

Yeah, previously they said he said "All right, good night", right?

Did they just lie or mishear or what?

Or are they just malaysian, lol?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Probably they didn't like the implication that the pilots were wishing their own plane farewell, since nothing has been found yet and that would just antagonize the families further, so they hushed it up for a couple of weeks.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Its still gone guys.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:what:

"Malaysian three seven zero" is the call sign. It's SOP to include it in every communication :eng101:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

brylcreem posted:

:what:

"Malaysian three seven zero" is the call sign. It's SOP to include it in every communication :eng101:

Then why is everybody caring so hard about this revision? Never mind, I already know it's because the media has nothing else to talk about.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
have they looked in the trees

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

gnarlyhotep posted:

have they looked in the trees

of course not, trees and planes are enemies

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

angerbeet posted:

of course not, trees and planes are enemies

well it's always in the last place you look

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

gnarlyhotep posted:

well it's always in the last place you look

We all look in different places last, this is what has caused this.

Maybe if we all looked in the same last place together.

Hands across America but it's wide swathes of the ocean instead also a lot of people will drown

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lol we're never going to find out what happened to this plane

think about it

it's never going to happen

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's probably in the ocean

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
chinese officials are telling family to get their poo poo together and quit bitching

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

angerbeet posted:

In an octopus's garden

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

angerbeet posted:

yeh, maybe

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Bubble-T posted:

In an octopus's garden

in the shade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUFcfXgW_dQ

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'll believe they are all on an island and living some weird rear end jungle life.

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW
They are never gonna find the plane, it was sucked into a blackhole, made into a terrorist weapon, turned left, DALE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
imagine hitting the water at speed, feeling the force of ur dying shatter u

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

I was born in a farmhouse in Pineville, North Carolina

Orkin Mang posted:

imagine hitting the water at speed, feeling the force of ur dying shatter u

I often wonder that. If you're in the back of the plane there'd be like 1 whole second where you see the front of the plane collapsing toward you obliterating everyone, followed by the force of your body getting crushed extremely quickly, and then nothing.

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW
Planes are evil and we should outlaw them, bring back cruise liners that run into icebergs.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

James Polk posted:

I often wonder that. If you're in the back of the plane there'd be like 1 whole second where you see the front of the plane collapsing toward you obliterating everyone, followed by the force of your body getting crushed extremely quickly, and then nothing.

It would be quick and relatively painless.

There's worse ways to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

James Polk posted:

horrified disbelief kind of thing. drat

• Locked thread