Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Michelle Malkin memorial unpaid intern-ment program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So I was wrong, it was good for Colbert to address it because he absolutely killed that segment. I'm glad he gave her exactly as much recognition as she deserved by referring to her as "some hashtag activist."

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I think that will piss off some people on Twitter even more, but whatever.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

I love how he lashed out at Michelle Malkin pulling another instance of "the only moral X is my X" by singling out her book.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Suey Park is keeping it classy on Twitter: "Hey really need to crash, but @StephenAtHome--can you please use some satire to force your trolls off me? It's getting old...like you."

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
This is great. @ColbertReport is actually gone now. They really blew it up.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Majorian posted:

Suey Park is keeping it classy on Twitter: "Hey really need to crash, but @StephenAtHome--can you please use some satire to force your trolls off me? It's getting old...like you."

Oh, the burden of the kneejerking slacktivist.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Sleeping Sigma posted:

This is great. @ColbertReport is actually gone now. They really blew it up.

QUICK! SOMEONE MAKE A NEW TWITTER ACCOUNT USING IT!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Majorian posted:

You mean like saying stop bothering her?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Was it just me or did he sound pissed that Colbert interpreted him?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

You mean like saying stop bothering her?

Suey Park posted:

It's getting old...like you."

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

This Jelly thing sounds really loving stupid. But then again I think Twitter is really loving stupid too so I guess it'll be the hot new internet thing.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Majorian posted:

Her and her idiot followers are now attacking him for showing her face on TV because she's been getting all kinds of threats. But having her name be the main focus in mainstream CancelColbert articles and a disastrous interview with the Huffington Post is apparently ok.

Oh look, this was made and it's awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2GVel4Hxd8

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

twistedmentat posted:

Eisenhower told the MIC to get hosed.

In his farewell address.

During his term(s) he was more than happy to do whatever they wanted.

"Hey, now that I'm no longer in any position to do any harm to these guys, I can say that you might wanna watch them in the future. Peace out!"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

In his farewell address.

During his term(s) he was more than happy to do whatever they wanted.

"Hey, now that I'm no longer in any position to do any harm to these guys, I can say that you might wanna watch them in the future. Peace out!"

I get the impression that you think presidents are considerably less constrained than they actually are.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I like how pissed Colbert sounded when he was talking about how no-one gave a poo poo about the Redskins thing.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Chromatic posted:

Her and her idiot followers are now attacking him for showing her face on TV because she's been getting all kinds of threats. But having her name be the main focus in mainstream CancelColbert articles and a disastrous interview with the Huffington Post is apparently ok.

I haven't been to Huff post in years and either I am a complete idiot or that site is other garbage but I can't find her interview. Can you link it?

edit \/\/ Thanks

Winkie01 fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 1, 2014

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Winkie01 posted:

I haven't been to Huff post in years and either I am a complete idiot or that site is other garbage but I can't find her interview. Can you link it?

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/archive/segment/colbert-report-asian-joke-on-twitter-leads-to-cancelcolbert/533593b1fe344454ba000027

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Thanks for everything, Suey Park.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Majorian posted:

I get the impression that you think presidents are considerably less constrained than they actually are.

Nooooo, I'm under the impression that political favors and lobbying are *new* things in a Capitalist Democracy.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Nooooo, I'm under the impression that political favors and lobbying are *new* things in a Capitalist Democracy.

It sounds to me like you think those are the only constraints on a president, though.

e: I mean, not to mention the fact that the guy was a career soldier - not exactly a personality that you'd expect to say something groundbreaking. So I think you're being a little dumb for condemning Eisenhower for not saying something earlier.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 1, 2014

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

I like how pissed Colbert sounded when he was talking about how no-one gave a poo poo about the Redskins thing.
It's cool how an entertainment and satirist got the brunt of internet outrage while a professional piece of poo poo like Dan Snyder got off scot-free.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Chromatic posted:

Oh look, this was made and it's awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2GVel4Hxd8

Please tell me someone has thrown this at Colbert's twitter account.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Y-Hat posted:

What the hell is wrong with Charlotte? Two of their most recent mayors are this pyramid scheme guy and the current governor of North Carolina.

Ever notice how Long Island isn't as reliably Republican as it used to be?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Colbert responded well.

I guess I'm part of the problem now.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I'm guessing the Law and Order guy was supposed to be the guest tonight but they wanted Twitter guy because of what happened, and so the Law and Order guy became a segment?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It wouldn't be the first time they had someone on for a bit that was both a one-note joke and a plug (see Jeff Goldblum).

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm looking at Shrimp Boy's official Facebook page. It's bizarre as hell.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

haveblue posted:

It wouldn't be the first time they had someone on for a bit that was both a one-note joke and a plug (see Jeff Goldblum).

Or Charlie Rose, for that matter. That was perhaps my favorite cameo Colbert's ever had on.:3:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Echo Chamber posted:

I'm looking at Shrimp Boy's official Facebook page. It's bizarre as hell.

Speaking of Taiwan and Shrimp boy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJWp0kvUvZ4

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Majorian posted:

Or Charlie Rose, for that matter. That was perhaps my favorite cameo Colbert's ever had on.:3:

I am still surprised Charlie Rose was cool with laying in a ball pit like that.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
That entire Colbert episode was a thing of beauty. :golfclap:

Maybe Stephen should pull the plug in order to go out on a high note? It's going to be hard to top this (but I have faith he will find a way).

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

haveblue posted:

"The Matt Damon Booth". :swoon:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ninjasaurus posted:

That entire Colbert episode was a thing of beauty. :golfclap:

Maybe Stephen should pull the plug in order to go out on a high note? It's going to be hard to top this (but I have faith he will find a way).
The show will end with Colbert's character dying and then in the end there will be Jeff Goldblum taking him to the next life.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

achillesforever6 posted:

The show will end with Colbert's character dying and then in the end there will be Jeff Goldblum taking him to the next life.

Life... will find a way.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Oh FFS...when asked what book she was reading on Twitter, Suey's answer should have been obvious to all of us:

quote:

@britt_turtle The cross and the lynching tree by james cone.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This joke has gotten roughly a thousand times funnier now, which makes it the funniest thing ever. You are a true scholar.

There's no behind the scenes joke for this one but it's still my favorite moment of Stephen not being able to keep it together from way back when he was on The Daily Show:

(I couldn't figure out how to embed the video so here's a link instead.)

Prince Charles Scandal

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was actually expecting him to announce that the Colbert Report was being canceled...to be replaced instantly with the New Colbert Report.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Ninjasaurus posted:

There's no behind the scenes joke for this one but it's still my favorite moment of Stephen not being able to keep it together from way back when he was on The Daily Show:

(I couldn't figure out how to embed the video so here's a link instead.)

Prince Charles Scandal

My god, they are so young. Has it really only been 11 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Justin_Brett posted:

Because nobody does. Yeah Snyder's fake guilt charity is stupid in every imaginable way, but I don't think I've ever seen anything but 1 or 2 activist groups give a gently caress about the name that weren't just the same thing as white people being like this twitter lady getting angry on behalf of an actual minority. This comes up every few years before the media realizes that nobody actually gives a poo poo about the Redskins' name. Also for context, DC still remembers the suuuuuper dumb name change of the Bullets.

• Locked thread