Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

toe knee hand posted:

wasn't the point of that new fyad lite games sub that this poo poo goes in there though?

I don't think so. There's no way to contain that in one forum though, nerds on a nerd forum are gonna talk about nerdy stuff. Is this really a big deal to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Depression Quest is the most Ladythread game ever. You guys might enjoy it

http://www.depressionquest.com/dqfinal.html

Well, "enjoy it"

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

toe knee hand posted:

wasn't the point of that new fyad lite games sub that this poo poo goes in there though?

look I'll talk about hockey if it makes you feel better

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

toe knee hand posted:

sure i've played video games. not since i was 15 though. your point?

what was the last video game you played

detectivemonkey posted:

I haven't played a video game besides Civilization in years and when it goes off that way I scroll past. Not everyone talks about my interests all the time and I've learned to accept that.

Boomboomboom those games require irl friends :( :(

no they don't I'm doing it online on these very forums

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

toe knee hand posted:

nobody goes there though

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Video games are the new film and television and super slamming low art vs high art is the original wrestlemania. Back in the day when theatre started gettin big people were like 'Oh yeah, theatre, thats like for the poors and kids and stuff it's not REAL entertainment'.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

GNU Order posted:

Depression Quest is the most Ladythread game ever. You guys might enjoy it

http://www.depressionquest.com/dqfinal.html

Well, "enjoy it"

no thanks, if I want to play this game I can just go off my meds

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Schmetterling posted:

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mbOft4EYDlNyDmyKEMKDCsg.jpg

http://www.zerochan.net/1671035#full

Sorry, that was the first one where she wore more than a bikini and I didn't go back and check the list before I posted

That second one would be perfect, if it wasnt my little pony fan art

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Portals posted:

no thanks, if I want to play this game I can just go off my meds

pristiq is really good, i like it a lot

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
We also spent literally pages quoting Twilight and dissecting vampire pooping. And during that time I learned important otter facts. The ladythread giveth and the ladythread talks about Dark Souls.

Are you feeling on tonight tkh? You've seemed extra down about job stuff :(

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

detectivemonkey posted:

I haven't played a video game besides Civilization in years and when it goes off that way I scroll past. Not everyone talks about my interests all the time and I've learned to accept that.

Boomboomboom those games require irl friends :( :(

sometimes it turns to that poo poo with like a female perspective, and that's okay, although still annoying if it goes on too long. but when a male poster brings it up i guess i'm less okay with it.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Wildlife Analysis posted:

look I'll talk about hockey if it makes you feel better

please

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

That second one would be perfect, if it wasnt my little pony fan art

No one needs to know. Just crop out the purple one.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Kat Delacour posted:

Video games are the new film and television and super slamming low art vs high art is the original wrestlemania. Back in the day when theatre started gettin big people were like 'Oh yeah, theatre, thats like for the poors and kids and stuff it's not REAL entertainment'.

i'm not going to compare video games to film and especially not theater lol, but griping about how people like dem vidja games these days has to be one of the funnier things I've seen on SA of all places. it's hard to find a thread that doesn't have some weird rear end video game derail and it's been that way for almost as long as I've been here

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

boom boom boom posted:

what was the last video game you played

gran turismo 2

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

So you'd rather dudes talk about hockey in ladythread than ladies and dudes talk about games they enjoy?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

toe knee hand posted:

gran turismo 2

Racing games aren't really video games, they don't even have a plot

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
also we're talking about a thread that has a baby beluga snype and pictures of cats doing things almost every page

i love posting in here but c'mon, it's not serious

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

detectivemonkey posted:

We also spent literally pages quoting Twilight and dissecting vampire pooping. And during that time I learned important otter facts. The ladythread giveth and the ladythread talks about Dark Souls.

Are you feeling on tonight tkh? You've seemed extra down about job stuff :(

i thought the twilight stuff was funny though i did only skim through it because i had nothing to contribute to it.

and i'm not particularly more down than usual about job stuff. i am always down about job stuff. jobs are terrible.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
get the high score lady thread, you can do it!

you just gotta believe

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

i'm not going to compare video games to film and especially not theater lol, but griping about how people like dem vidja games these days has to be one of the funnier things I've seen on SA of all places. it's hard to find a thread that doesn't have some weird rear end video game derail and it's been that way for almost as long as I've been here

Yeah SA has pretty much always had some connection to gaming. I'm fairly sure Lowtax and fragmaster (I think) worked for some gaming website before the main Something Awful site was founded.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

boom boom boom posted:

Racing games aren't really video games, they don't even have a plot

k uh does mario world count?

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

no they don't I'm doing it online on these very forums

Whew! Loophole!

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Kat Delacour posted:

wittgenstein goddamn loved him some looney tunes tho

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's not to compare the actual forms, more to compare the social attitudes that new media is objectively stupid and only old media can be taken seriously is a really tired argument repeated throughout history.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Schmetterling posted:

So you'd rather dudes talk about hockey in ladythread than ladies and dudes talk about games they enjoy?

i would talk about hockey with WA. i am not a dude. pick also likes hockey.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

also we're talking about a thread that has a baby beluga snype and pictures of cats doing things almost every page

yeah

plus I mean I really can't give a poo poo about sports and I find sports in general unimaginably boring but I'm not gonna complain if the topic swings that way

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I'd like to personally apologise on behalf of ladythread that the random chat topics stray to things that do not personally interest you, toe knee hand, and that these topics are posted on for more than a single page at a time.

Would you prefer we talk about depression, periods, or hair care? Alternately, we could post the same animal gifs repeatedly for the next sixty pages.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
what do twilight, hockey, and video games all have in common?

scoring

it's time to talk about scoring

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

it's not serious but it's usually funny and/or interesting

video game chat is neither

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

what do twilight, hockey, and video games all have in common?

scoring

it's time to talk about scoring

:master:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
t bugs the poo poo out of me that no one in this thread will ever talk about The Salute of the Jugger, but I don't complain about it.

except right now

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Portals posted:

yeah

plus I mean I really can't give a poo poo about sports and I find sports in general unimaginably boring but I'm not gonna complain if the topic swings that way

If the topic swings towards something I don't like, that's when I go off and play a video game. :v:

toe knee hand posted:

To you.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
please only talk about things i like and not about things i don't like, thanks in advance

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

toe knee hand posted:

sometimes things are uninteresting.

life

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
here's the game to play after depression quest.

http://aliendovecote.com/uploads/twine/kesha.html !

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

toe knee hand posted:

video game chat is not serious but its usually funny and/or interesting

sports chat is neither

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Portals posted:

yeah

topic swings to sports probably 10% of the time it swings to video games

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Schmetterling posted:

I'd like to personally apologise on behalf of ladythread that the random chat topics stray to things that do not personally interest you, toe knee hand, and that these topics are posted on for more than a single page at a time.

Would you prefer we talk about depression, periods, or hair care? Alternately, we could post the same animal gifs repeatedly for the next sixty pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
i got an idea, let's make this video game chat lady oriented

we can talk about strong female video game characters like

• Locked thread