Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Detective Comics #353

The world's greatest detective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Ultimate Spider-Man #67.

The very next panel is also funny.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Mister Roboto posted:

The very next panel is also funny.

Here you go. Ultimate Spider-Man #67, again.

Really, #66 and #67 just filled with funny panels. Also creepy ones.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Here you go. Ultimate Spider-Man #67, again.

Is that when the century+ year old Wolverine (in Spidey's body) tries to get it on with a 15-year-old MJ?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Jerusalem posted:

Is that when the century+ year old Wolverine (in Spidey's body) tries to get it on with a 15-year-old MJ?

I don't think Ultimate Wolverine is THAT old, actually.

But yes.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Those two issues are why I could never really hate Bendis, even at the absolute nadir of his Norman Osborne power trips.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Lurdiak posted:

Jubilee's powers can split atoms. Maddrox's powers violate conservation of mass and energy. Hank Pym could shrink all threats to sub-atomic size easily. Vision and Shadowcat should be able to defeat everyone who isn't an energy manipulator in 3 seconds by punching them in the brain. But if writers acknowledged all this poo poo, comics would be really boring. And it actually kind of bugs me when a writer thinks it's "badass" to have a character suddenly ignore the agreed-upon in-universe limitations of their powers to one-shot a threat, because it really hurts the suspension of disbelief.

This reminds me of the animated Fantastic Four cartoon where Galactus is all set to eat the world and the Fantastic Four and guest-appearing Thor can't stop him. Then Ghost Rider fells him with a single Penance Stare, without even getting off his bike, because I guess Galactus has killed so many people having it turned back on him really hurts?

Of course, that is even weirder because I think that is the first and only appearance of Ghost Rider in the show. He just rides up, blasts Galactus, and then rides off.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Choco1980 posted:

There's interesting stuff like how Magneto and Electro have the same drat power set, or a whole tangent on his favorite hero, physics professor Ray Palmer's various escapades (The telephone transportation trick actually would work via landlines!).
I thought that while electrical signals travel at the speed of light, the individual electrons he's supposed to be riding actually go rather slowly?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Ashcans posted:

Of course, that is even weirder because I think that is the first and only appearance of Ghost Rider in the show. He just rides up, blasts Galactus, and then rides off.

Welcome to 90s Animated Marvel, where guest stars constantly save the heroes the show is named after.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

theflyingorc posted:

I thought that while electrical signals travel at the speed of light, the individual electrons he's supposed to be riding actually go rather slowly?

I dunno, I'd say the speed of sound is pretty fast.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Choco1980 posted:

I dunno, I'd say the speed of sound is pretty fast.

The first source I found said that the actual electrons that The Atom should be riding travel at only .1-.4 mm per second.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

theflyingorc posted:

The first source I found said that the actual electrons that The Atom should be riding travel at only .1-.4 mm per second.

Well it relatively fast. :V

edit: what happened to that smile.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

He previously did actually bang 17 year old Jean Grey, too. Ultimate Wolverine has a thing for jail bait red heads.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

drilldo squirt posted:

Well it relatively fast. :V

edit: what happened to that smile.

:v:
Smileys are all lowercase.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TheJoker138 posted:

He previously did actually bang 17 year old Jean Grey, too. Ultimate Wolverine has a thing for jail bait red heads.

Cable: Logan, this is my foster daughter, Hope.
Logan: Want me to trai-
Cable: Uhhh, no thanks, I got this :stare:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Ashcans posted:

And then his VA comes back out of nowhere for UMvC3, because why the gently caress not.

Sometimes Ghost Rider gets weird, guys.

Jerusalem posted:

But if it's Ultimate Cable then.... oh god. OH GOD :gonk:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I velieve that they were developing a Ghost Rider cartoon for UPN at the time, which is why he also appeared in the Hulk cartoon and had a toy line for like no reason

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

From http://strongfemaleprotagonist.com/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Hope doesn't need Wolverine to be creepy, she spent the better part of an issue trying to bang Namor.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Hope doesn't need Wolverine to be creepy, she spent the better part of an issue trying to bang Namor.
She's into guys?

Generation Hope #12.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

404GoonNotFound posted:

But if it's Ultimate Cable then.... oh god. OH GOD :gonk:
Jesus Christ you're right.

Rhyno posted:

Also didn't she shift from 'whatever old timer' to 'oh my god you're the best superhero ever' regarding Spidey in like a single panel in AvX?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Ashcans posted:

This reminds me of the animated Fantastic Four cartoon where Galactus is all set to eat the world and the Fantastic Four and guest-appearing Thor can't stop him. Then Ghost Rider fells him with a single Penance Stare, without even getting off his bike, because I guess Galactus has killed so many people having it turned back on him really hurts?

Sorry for continuing the derail, but that was based off one of the Byrne FF issues, but it's Doctor Strange using a spell with pretty much the same effects. I believe it's the same issue that has Daredevil and Spider-Man sharing some popcorn because Galactus is so out of their league.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In that case it was a team-effort; Strange uses the spell then Reed knocks him over by hitting him in the face with the Thing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Metal Loaf posted:

In that case it was a team-effort; Strange uses the spell then Reed knocks him over by hitting him in the face with the Thing.

The story excuse is that Galactus was so hungry and weak that they were able to take him out. I love Doc, but I don't buy it. Galactus always seems to be completely aware that he kills lots and lots of people when he eats planets, and I don't think he'd start to develop a conscience just because he was feeling a bit peckish. The guy has cosmic powers and awareness that have got to let him know exactly what's happening all the time.

FF #243, I believe.

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 1, 2014

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also didn't she shift from 'whatever old timer' to 'oh my god you're the best superhero ever' regarding Spidey in like a single panel in AvX?

If it was the panel after Spidey punked Phoenix Illyana and Colossus so the Avengers could escape, then that's entirely understandable. :colbert:

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Senior Woodchuck posted:

If it was the panel after Spidey punked Phoenix Illyana and Colossus so the Avengers could escape, then that's entirely understandable. :colbert:

That sounds cool, could you post that sequence?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Rhyno posted:

That whole issue was weird, it didn't sound like her voice at all coming out of the character. The Land art didn't help.

Namor getting it on with the lobster queen was pretty funny though

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Dacap posted:

That whole issue was weird, it didn't sound like her voice at all coming out of the character. The Land art didn't help.

Namor getting it on with the lobster queen was pretty funny though

There's a Lobster Queen?

I assume they're no relation to Lobster Man.

Then, later:

(Source: Amazing Spider Man Volume 2 #43-45)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Red posted:

There's a Lobster Queen?

I assume they're no relation to Lobster Man.

(Source: Amazing Spider Man Volume 2 #43-45)

What is wrong with MJ's face on the middle panel? :stare:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

She is very unhappy/embarassed by the prospect of playing the love interest of the Amazing Lobster Man, and is keeping a smile frozen on her face so as not to offend her co-worker, as the dialogue indicates.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

fatherdog posted:

She is very unhappy/embarassed by the prospect of playing the love interest of the Amazing Lobster Man, and is keeping a smile frozen on her face so as not to offend her co-worker, as the dialogue indicates.

Mean-spirited alternative answer: she's been drawn by JRJr.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They're filming a Soundgarden music video.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Die Laughing posted:

Sorry for continuing the derail, but that was based off one of the Byrne FF issues, but it's Doctor Strange using a spell with pretty much the same effects. I believe it's the same issue that has Daredevil and Spider-Man sharing some popcorn because Galactus is so out of their league.

Please tell me they just literally sit there and share a bag of popcorn while Galactus devours the planet and that you're not just using that as an expression because I really want to see this now.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

SilverSupernova posted:

Please tell me they just literally sit there and share a bag of popcorn while Galactus devours the planet and that you're not just using that as an expression because I really want to see this now.

Galactus doesn't actually devour the planet, but otherwise, yes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
As comic book ruses go, that's spectacularly unelaborate.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Pilchenstein posted:

I see you're new to Newspaper Spiderman.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's always worth bearing in mind that this is the same Spider-Man who thought that flying to a civil-war torn country as Peter Parker, photojournalist, would expose his secret identity; spent a week trying to explain that no he really is Spider-Man to the guard who wouldn't let him through because he didn't have a passport, only to be ultimately bailed out of the situation by Obama.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pilchenstein posted:

Hey, he got an Iron Man suit, mastered it and waited until April 1st to get that wall-crawling menace in order to use the trump card that is April Fool, JJJ is a master tactician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The simple comic book plans are always the best. There's just something magical about them.

Like those Sivana pages posted a little while back. I think it was this thread. The Most Brilliant Evil Scintist In The World's Grand Scheme when Captain Marvel was out of town was to just start shooting cops.

• Locked thread