Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I'll say the same thing I said as when it was first being done but if Patrick Warburton isn't cast as Walker then why bother.

Also I kind of hope it's not like FX series as everything about it looked/sounded terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Arrow last night was pretty wicked and I loved the way they show Deadshot's deathwish and love of his children (two traits out of the comicbooks). Also loved all the call-outs to the DCU. Stuff like Khandaq, Markovia, Harley Quinn's voice. Also props to calling the hotel suite the Ostrander suite.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Waterhaul posted:

I'll say the same thing I said as when it was first being done but if Patrick Warburton isn't cast as Walker then why bother.

Also I kind of hope it's not like FX series as everything about it looked/sounded terrible.

I thought Lucy Punch as Deena was pretty spot on. I'll accept my boos and derision now.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Madkal posted:

Arrow last night was pretty wicked and I loved the way they show Deadshot's deathwish and love of his children (two traits out of the comicbooks). Also loved all the call-outs to the DCU. Stuff like Khandaq, Markovia, Harley Quinn's voice. Also props to calling the hotel suite the Ostrander suite.

The Harley Quinn cameo was weird because I had seen the screenshots from the preview and though "just the internet overacting they won't reference her properly" but drat that was straight up Harley in the episode. And I don't even like Harley.

Also after Flash the CW can push on with a Suicide Squad spin off. I'd gladly watch it.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Waterhaul posted:

Also after Flash the CW can push on with a Suicide Squad spin off. I'd gladly watch it.

If only they had the budget/balls for the version of King Shark that's basically Rockslide with excessive predatory instincts.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So hey, Powers is being made into a show... for PSN? So that's something. IGNORE ME.

e: VVV Well, poo poo. :mad:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 21, 2014

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

TwoPair posted:

So hey, Powers is being made into a show... for PSN? So that's something.

Last page.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51633

First photos of Gotham's Bruce and Selina.

I...I just don't know :psyduck:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
This show looks corny as hell. They hosed over a Superman show with Smallville, everyone thought Arrow would fall into the same hellhole, but it completely avoided it, so instead they are chucking BATMAN, their other biggest franchise in there instead. :psyduck: All the while developing a quarter of a billion dollar movie featuring Batman with an actor most people have little faith in for the role.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

How old is Selina supposed to be? It might be the makeup, but she looks way older than Bruce.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Don't know about the character, but the actress is 14. I agree though that she looks much older.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah I think it's something about her cheekbones, but she looks much older.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

ToastyPotato posted:

This show looks corny as hell. They hosed over a Superman show with Smallville, everyone thought Arrow would fall into the same hellhole, but it completely avoided it, so instead they are chucking BATMAN, their other biggest franchise in there instead. :psyduck: All the while developing a quarter of a billion dollar movie featuring Batman with an actor most people have little faith in for the role.

I'm still convinced that Gotham was never intended to be a batman show in the first place, and they are just awkwardly trying to make it into one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you go back to when they first announced the show there wasn't any mention of Bruce Wayne at all. It was just supposed to be younger Jim Gordon.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I just find it funny that WB hamstrung and severely limited the growth of multiple projects when Nolan movies began because they didn't want to "confuse audiences" but now they are doing things far worse with this Gotham show. Back then, there was no such thing as a shared cinematic universe the way we now have the MCU, but now that the MCU not only exists, but is actually very popular, WB is creating a TV show that has gently caress all to do with a very big attempt at creating their own shared universe, which also may have nothing to do with the shared universe they are already creating with Arrow and The Flash...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The worst thing about it is that they already have a perfectly good series in Gotham Central, they just decided to this instead

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

I just find it funny that WB hamstrung and severely limited the growth of multiple projects when Nolan movies began because they didn't want to "confuse audiences" but now they are doing things far worse with this Gotham show. Back then, there was no such thing as a shared cinematic universe the way we now have the MCU, but now that the MCU not only exists, but is actually very popular, WB is creating a TV show that has gently caress all to do with a very big attempt at creating their own shared universe, which also may have nothing to do with the shared universe they are already creating with Arrow and The Flash...
On the other hand, I do like Warner Bros. Animation's stance of not giving a gently caress anymore. It's nice that they let stuff like adaptations of classic stories and Super Best Friends and Teen Titans Go! co-exist with each other even if their actual television output has been weird.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm still convinced that Gotham was never intended to be a batman show in the first place, and they are just awkwardly trying to make it into one.

I'm still convinced making shows about a superhero without wanting to actually use the superhero is a loving terrible idea that should have died with Smallville. Gotham is just Smallville with an even less interesting concept. I expect it to have something akin the early Smallville's 'Clark and Lana talk about secrets in the barn at the end of every episode' schtick. Instead of talking about secrets, Gordon will probably fantasize about a hero rising to defend Gotham, and the viewers will collectively roll their eyes in unison.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, Gotham sounds really terrible. Look, see the villains before they were villains! So we can wink and nod at foreshadowing but never actually do anything interesting with them.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, Gotham sounds really terrible. Look, see the villains before they were villains! So we can wink and nod at foreshadowing but never actually do anything interesting with them.

But, we will get to see Bruce Wayne hanging out with his comedian friend who is secretly the Red Hood.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Young Bruce is being pummeled by bullies in crime alley. Suddenly an older teenager, rough looking, jumps in and fights the smaller teens off, taking a few good hits himself in the scuffle.

Bruce: I had it under control.
Teen: Ha! Sure you did kid. And how exactly were you gonna get them off you? You hiding a gun some where?
Bruce: I don't like guns...
Teen: Haha! So what were you going to do? Hope they died of exhaustion?!
Bruce: I could have beaten them!
Teen: HahahahahahHAHAHAHA. That's a good one. Hahahaha. You're a real joker aren't you?
Off screen: Jack come on, it's time to move. NOW!
Jack Napier: Well, it's been a real laugh, don't get into to many more fights...

Jack hops onto the back of a pick up.

Jack: I might not always be around to save you, Hahahahahahaha!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Alfred

He looks kind of ominous for a good guy.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Alfred

For a show that is supposed to be about Gordon there is a distinct amount of non-Gordon stuff g on.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Here's my pitch for Gotham

Gotham: Thomas Wayne is a spoiled trust fund baby until he meets Martha Finger, a fellow med student whose family grew up with nothing. Martha introduces Thomas to a whole other side of Gotham when she brings him to Leslie Thompkins's clinic on the bad side of town. The show follows the Thomas and Martha trying to help the meek of America's most corrupt city as their unlikely romance blooms. You can add some corporate intrigue, explain how they first meet Alfred, have them run afoul of the mob, and even have some Gordon guest appearances. Their first kiss would be in Crime Alley because of metaphors or something.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Timeless Appeal posted:

Gotham: Thomas Wayne is a spoiled trust fund baby until he meets Martha Finger, a fellow med student whose family grew up with nothing. Martha introduces Thomas to a whole other side of Gotham when she brings him to Leslie Thompkins's clinic on the bad side of town. The show follows the Thomas and Martha trying to help the meek of America's most corrupt city as their unlikely romance blooms. You can add some corporate intrigue, explain how they first meet Alfred, have them run afoul of the mob, and even have some Gordon guest appearances. Their first kiss would be in Crime Alley because of metaphors or something.

Would their nemesis be one Robert Kane? A buisnessman who steals from people he works with, and tosses them out on their asses and takes credit for all their work?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
e: nm

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Honestly a period show about the Waynes leading up to and possible just slightly after their murder would have been a much better show.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
A grungy rear end Gotham in 1981 would be so awesome.

bobkatt013 posted:

Would their nemesis be one Robert Kane? A buisnessman who steals from people he works with, and tosses them out on their asses and takes credit for all their work?
Yo, that's to on the the nose. Cain Powers would be a usurper who shows up in Season 2 to try to steal Wayne Industries from beneath a dying Wayne Senior, causing Thomas to align himself with a young Lucius Fox to rise to the occasion and preserve his family's legacy. So, Cain will be like a biblical reference and a gently caress you to Bob Kane for stealing people's legacies at the same time. You have to make this poo poo like barely subtle, but still attempt at being subtle. That's the CW way.

V I know v

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 24, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Timeless Appeal posted:

Yo, that's to on the the nose. Cain Powers would be a usurper who shows up in Season 2 to try to steal Wayne Industries from beneath a dying Wayne Senior, causing Thomas to align himself with a young Lucius Fox to rise to the occasion and preserve his family's legacy. So, Cain will be like a biblical reference and a gently caress you to Bob Kane for stealing people's legacies at the same time. You have to make this poo poo like barely subtle, but still attempt at being subtle. That's the CW way.

I was just going off of what he had as Martha Wayne's madien name,

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Alfred

Good call. I knew Alfred was formerly some sort of British special agent, but not SAS ...and a werewolf. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280609/?ref_=nv_sr_1

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Opopanax posted:

The worst thing about it is that they already have a perfectly good series in Gotham Central, they just decided to this instead

I would love a Gotham Central show, but you know ever week people (including this thread) would just be whining "Where's Batman!"

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I want a show which is about Bruce running Wayne Enterprises, making dealings with LexCorp and Queen Consolidated, helping Gotham back to its feet, dealing with politics and corruption, etc. The existence of Batman and supervillains would be acknowledged but the show would make no effort to imply that Bruce has a double life as Batman at all. The closest he'll come to fighting supervillains would be fighting against the League of Assassins' attempts to destroy Gotham through their new weapon, "economics".

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Stories about the Wayne legal defense and PR team, dealing with their boss's outlandish requests, mysterious absences, injuries, and dead girlfriends.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Timeless Appeal posted:

You know what..I'd watch the gently caress out of this.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hehe look what Rick and Morty is doing in two weeks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_oK-tHGhQ8

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The probably completely spurious, but would be awesome if true rumor is that Michael C. Hall is being considered for the Netflix Daredevil. Yes, I know you are all "pfff April Fools" but the news is from a couple of days ago. Anyway, the show is set to begin filming in July so either way, they have to nail down a lead pretty quickly.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
If true, I'm kinda 'eeeeehhhh' about it. I like Hall, but I'm dubious about him pulling off Matt Murdoch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's a little old for the character.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Argue posted:

I want a show which is about Bruce running Wayne Enterprises, making dealings with LexCorp and Queen Consolidated, helping Gotham back to its feet, dealing with politics and corruption, etc. The existence of Batman and supervillains would be acknowledged but the show would make no effort to imply that Bruce has a double life as Batman at all. The closest he'll come to fighting supervillains would be fighting against the League of Assassins' attempts to destroy Gotham through their new weapon, "economics".

No joke, this sounds absolutely amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

zoux posted:

The probably completely spurious, but would be awesome if true rumor is that Michael C. Hall is being considered for the Netflix Daredevil. Yes, I know you are all "pfff April Fools" but the news is from a couple of days ago. Anyway, the show is set to begin filming in July so either way, they have to nail down a lead pretty quickly.

I suspect he's a decade older than any actor they'd be seriously considering for the role.