Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raiod
Jul 29, 2013
Hi!

Is there any SA Alliance I can join?
My current rooster:

Magneto classic 82 5/2/5
Ragnarok 82 4/5
Punisher 72 2/3/5
Spiderman 70 2/5/2
Hulk 66 5/1/2
Wolverine 2star 64 5/5/3
Storm classic 62 5/5/3
Loki 50 3/3
Ares 49 4/4/5
Thor 49 4/5/4
Psylocke 45 2/1/3
Hawkeye 42 3/5/5
Iron Man m40 42 3/3/1
OBW 40 3/4/4
Hood 34 5/3/1
Invisible Woman 34 1/1/0
Magneto Now 33 4/1/4
Moonstone 32 5/4/4
Cap 30 3/5/5
GSBW 30 2/2/1
Wolv X 1/0/0
Doom 28 2/1
Thor 3* 28 0/1/2
Daredevil 18 2/0/3
Patches 0/2/3 (cant get this green cover :( )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Friendly Fire posted:

I finally got Patch to over level 100 and he is amazing. At 4/2/5 he still needs some covers to finish him off but he is still awesome. Finishing a game with Berzerker rage followed by Best There Is, and then firing off M.Storm's black a couple of times if anyone is left ends poo poo real fast. All those strike tiles add up to a shitload of damage.

Wait, do all of M.Storm's strike tiles get the bonus damage from Berserker Rage? Because if so that sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
As far as I can tell, Hailstorm acts as a single attack at the end of the turn, so only the total damage each turn is modified by Strike/Shield tiles. Otherwise a single shield tile would render the power completely useless.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
From the news pop-up, it looks like the next PvE is the first one again, with the red ISO. Only starring LazyCap this time, probably. Wonder who the reward will be.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Lost 96 points in eight hours. :cry:

Holding top 5 isn't going to be easy with one Lv. 45 Thor and mid 30s OBW/M. Storm...

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Lightning Round and Lazy Cap event are open.

Patch, OBW, 2* Thor, cStorm, & Hulk are all boosted for pve. :fap:

e: event only last 6 1/2 days.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 1, 2014

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

raiod posted:

Hi!

Is there any SA Alliance I can join?

Thar She Blows has a couple of free slots. But it's small so don't expect to be showered in rewards. We have been getting the extra 50 hp for pvp events, though.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

Joshlemagne posted:

Thar She Blows has a couple of free slots. But it's small so don't expect to be showered in rewards. We have been getting the extra 50 hp for pvp events, though.

This is the sound of every lurking goon piling into your alliance :shobon:

(joined as ZorbaTHut)

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

ZorbaTHut posted:

This is the sound of every lurking goon piling into your alliance :shobon:

(joined as ZorbaTHut)

Well if by pile in you mean take up the two slots we had left :banjo:
And technically it's not my alliance or anyone else's since the guy who made it left for gooner pastures. A generous donation of iso to us unfortunate not-whales.

In other news my first red iso event token got me a lazy cap :toot: I might actually be in this event! Now I just need the 25 hp to open up a slot for him or else I'll have to cut... Hawkeye, I guess, which wouldn't exactly break my heart. Considering how much the game loves giving me some Hawkeye covers, I could rebuild him pretty quick if I need to (which I won't).

Joshlemagne fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 1, 2014

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

And an old-Thor cover I already had maxed out of the gimme Super Soldier token in the new event. Off to a rollicking start.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

And an old-Thor cover I already had maxed out of the gimme Super Soldier token in the new event. Off to a rollicking start.

Me too! I got a red thor....yay

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Went ahead and secured #1 in Fearless Defenders. I wish it was Hulk Gray and Red though.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

ExCruceLeo posted:

Went ahead and secured #1 in Fearless Defenders. I wish it was Hulk Gray and Red though.

Grey sounds like something that'd end up a GOLD character, but Red could be interesting if you gave him a bunch of Red manipulation abilities.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Fat Samurai posted:

As far as I can tell, Hailstorm acts as a single attack at the end of the turn, so only the total damage each turn is modified by Strike/Shield tiles. Otherwise a single shield tile would render the power completely useless.

Yeah, that's how it seems to work. Still, it is a nice damage boost anyway.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Whoever it was that recommended Punisher/OBW/Spiderman, holy poo poo thanks. I rocketed to the top of my bracket with like, zero effort using that team. Spiderman with 5 blue is what really makes it sing, natch. But drat is it good. Unfortunately I already have all the Hulk greens and reds that I need, and my alliance is probably too small to break into top 100 for the black cover.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I got a Psylocke from a Standard Token today. Of course, the date means nobody will believe me. :v:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

McDragon posted:

I got a Psylocke from a Standard Token today. Of course, the date means nobody will believe me. :v:
I got both an Invisible Woman and X-Force Wolverine from heroic tokens in the past week. They're both terrible, so why lie, even today? :toot:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Bob Socko posted:

I got both an Invisible Woman and X-Force Wolverine from heroic tokens in the past week. They're both terrible, so why lie, even today? :toot:

That's a free 5000 ISO right there.

So, when exactly do 2 star characters start coming into their own? I got a level 50 Thor (5/2/4) and a level 42 Storm (2/3/3), and they both still feel kinda weak. I suppose C.Storm is gonna always stay ridiculously squishy though.

And jeez, I didn't think the first event was this tedious. I thought I had missed out by not doing it when it first happened but it seems like it's gonna be 6 days of beating up Mafia dons for me.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

HGH posted:

So, when exactly do 2 star characters start coming into their own? I got a level 50 Thor (5/2/4) and a level 42 Storm (2/3/3), and they both still feel kinda weak. I suppose C.Storm is gonna always stay ridiculously squishy though.

And jeez, I didn't think the first event was this tedious. I thought I had missed out by not doing it when it first happened but it seems like it's gonna be 6 days of beating up Mafia dons for me.

Yeah, when additional boards didn't spawn, I'm like, this is it?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HGH posted:

2 star characters? Around level 50-60 I guess but it's more about the number of covers you have than the levels. With a few exceptions they are all pretty squishy but their powers make up for it.

And the event sucks. I mean, since it is mostly maggia and OBW is boosted it is trivially easy. I just slap my lvl3 hawkeye (or mags now) and have someone who can do damage with green/black and chip them to death. Pretty loving boring.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

trucutru posted:

And the event sucks. I mean, since it is mostly maggia and OBW is boosted it is trivially easy. I just slap my lvl3 hawkeye (or mags now) and have someone who can do damage with green/black and chip them to death. Pretty loving boring.

OBW and Patch being boosted in this event makes them a hell of a team. Collect blue so you can delay thier countdowns and then throw out a ton of strike tiles. The strike tiles you generate for the enemies never do anything if the countdown never hits 0.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Friendly Fire posted:

OBW and Patch being boosted in this event makes them a hell of a team. Collect blue so you can delay thier countdowns and then throw out a ton of strike tiles. The strike tiles you generate for the enemies never do anything if the countdown never hits 0.

I've been making GBS threads out strike tiles and then having Loki turn them into defense tiles. I don't have any other use for black really.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
OBW, M.Storm, and Cap/C.Mags is the ultimate safety vs mooks team, provided you can match anything other than environment tiles and yellow

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

LorneReams posted:

I've been making GBS threads out strike tiles and then having Loki turn them into defense tiles. I don't have any other use for black really.

That works but I prefer M.Storm just for generating AP early on and clearing out environment tiles to make decent matches possible. I only use her black if I happen to get enough AP for it, I never shoot for black on purpose though unless I need OBW's espionage to trigger.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

HGH posted:

As a general rule, they'll hit attack stat parity with a maxed 1 star in their early-mid 50s, but won't be substantially stronger until they're in their 70s.

That's assuming you have all the covers, which make a huge difference in power for most abilities.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Do we think Human Torch will be a good character?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He looks pretty much a variant Punisher. Since my Punny's already maxed it seems pointless for me to get him.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

SynthOrange posted:

He looks pretty much a variant Punisher. Since my Punny's already maxed it seems pointless for me to get him.

Other than the fact that he'll be a required character in the next PVE event, of course.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well that's a given for this game.

Also have a look at the d3 character forums. Now even more unreadable for April! :v:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

First place is so close I can taste it. Three of us within twenty points of each other.

I wish it would stop giving me nothing but loving M.Storm/Widow team ups non-stop. That poo poo is burning me out.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 2, 2014

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Mister Macys posted:

First place is so close I can taste it. Three of us within twenty points of each other.

I wish it would stop giving me nothing but loving M.Storm/Widow team ups non-stop. That poo poo is burning me out.

Sorry for playing that teamup nonstop to get to 1st place myself then.
Although earlier on I did leave a team with Jugg and Daken and it seems to have scared off any potential aggressors for a good 15 hours.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Enjoy your M.Storm/Widow opponents while you can. Once you get up in ranks its OBW/Spiders all the way.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

HGH posted:

Sorry for playing that teamup nonstop to get to 1st place myself then.
Although earlier on I did leave a team with Jugg and Daken and it seems to have scared off any potential aggressors for a good 15 hours.

"At least I use Original Black Widow." :v:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, this PvE event is a mess. I already have some maggios at 230, which doesn't matter since they cannot actually get a shot on me, it just makes it a slog to get my 125 points so that I can reach the prize at 160,000 :lol:

I guess I'll try to get a good spot in the defenders event tomorrow -just before it ends- those hulk cover seem nice. Hopefully the other guys at G.O.O.N. will also go for it because the black cover should be the most useful one.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Enjoy your M.Storm/Widow opponents while you can. Once you get up in ranks its OBW/Spiders all the way.

While doing so just now I got an X-Force Wolverine out of a random token. What an absolute waste of 1000 ISO.

Also they should really make another image for 4 star rewards. Maybe make it platinum or something.

slightlyslow
Aug 19, 2002
Cheer up, emo kid.
Here is the lightning rounds order, ripped from the last D3 lightning round thread (times thus far still seem accurate for this LR). Useful if you have a specific evil cover you're going for.:
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5339

ORDER (All times EST)
Hood - 12pm, 10pm, 8am, 6pm, 4am

Doom - 2pm, 12am, 10am, 8pm, 6am

Loki - 4pm, 2am, 12pm, 10pm, 8am

Magneto classic - 6pm, 4am, 2pm, 12am, 10am

Ragnarok - 8pm, 6am, 4pm, 2am, NOPE

Progression Awards
25 - 140 ISO
50 - Standard token
100 - 250 ISO
250 - Standard token
500 - 500 ISO

Tournament Rewards
1 - 2 - 2 or 3 Covers, 250 ISO, 100HP
3 - 8 - 2 Covers, 250 ISO
9 - 25 - Cover, 250 ISO
26 - 50 - Diabolical Token, 250 ISO
51 - 100 - Heroic Token, 250 ISO
101 - 250 - 500 ISO
251 - 500 - 250 ISO
501 - 1000 - 140 ISO
1001 - 100000 - 70 ISO

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I got so close to breaking the Top 25 in a Magneto Lightning round last night, but the matchmaking blew it for me. It kept giving me low-level people and cycling the same four no mater how often I skipped. Par for the course.

At least I got a Diabolical Token which gave me a Magneto cover anyway. I would've rather had that 4th pink than a 2nd red, but it'll do.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Joshlemagne posted:

I hope you don't mind but my wife saw your post and took the last spot. She plays the game a lot and said if it's not cool just let me know and she will leave.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Rad Valtar posted:

I hope you don't mind but my wife saw your post and took the last spot. She plays the game a lot and said if it's not cool just let me know and she will leave.

Nah it's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ugh, I was sitting fine in the top 10 but now all of a sudden a bunch of attacks are coming from incredibly similar Thor/CStorm/Wolverine teams. I'm all out of heals and my characters are hurt and I'm at 11 now. Dang.