Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Kheldarn posted:

BEHOLD! The upcoming change to the Shield Of Perseus!

amthua said: This was my attempt at April Fool's Humor. We're going to actually greatly increase the radius on the current proc. Thanks again for the feedback.

It works because I totally believe it could be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Subtle-ish Doomsaw burn in the Ego the Living Planet announcement:

Doomsaw posted:

We believe that Marvel Heroes should be for everybody, and we think giving you a full spectrum of choice, from A-listers (like Squirrel Girl and Moon Knight) to planet-shaped death machines like Ego represents our dedication to being the best ARPG on (this) planet.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Just got back from a weekend vacation and found that I am no longer in Groot Force for some reason. My ign is drbutts.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gilok posted:

I do this, but with leaping assault instead of a basic.

Yeah you could probably do this with the right gear setup. I don't like the cooldown on Leaping Assault though and find Spidey runs out of spirit often enough that a basic is a good idea.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

WarLocke posted:

Man that Reed/Sue/Psylocke pack is tempting but I can't afford that kind of money right now. :negative:

Only Psylock interests me at a glance, and only if she comes with her NOW costume. Sue could be interesting, and Reed may be fun if he was just a condescending dick.

It's also close to being able to have a Venture Bros themed team.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The April Fools Taskmaster reveal is such a dick move. Oh, Gazillion. :allears:

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

get this troll - taskmaster is real, and gazillion is pulling the rare double-reverse-april fool by convincing people he isn't, by announcing him today.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

The only thing I would add to this is to consider maxing flames of the faltine as well. It's one of the strongest DoTs in the game, has a large area, and the duration is fairly long. It's a good fire and forget spell that can keep doing damage while you run through the rest of your incantations. It has a short start-up animation but I honestly wasn't too bothered by it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

The April Fools Taskmaster reveal is such a dick move. Oh, Gazillion. :allears:

Love this one!

(Click for big)

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Kelp Plankton posted:

Since the old Spidey build I posted is outdated, here's the current one:

I really recommend one point in Agile Attack, it's has a hidden stealth tag so every time you use it you drop aggro.

Also you can target enemies with it, so when you want to refresh your attack speed/damage reduction you don't fly past whoever you're currently fighting.

iuvian fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 1, 2014

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I AM THE MOON posted:

get this troll - taskmaster is real, and gazillion is pulling the rare double-reverse-april fool by convincing people he isn't, by announcing him today.
I like how that entire thread is basically saying "yeah you dummies this is exactly what we want"

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Kheldarn posted:

Love this one!

(Click for big)

This made me laugh more than it should have.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Throwdown posted:

Just got back from a weekend vacation and found that I am no longer in Groot Force for some reason. My ign is drbutts.

We switched to an HMO for our butt needs.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Psyker posted:

This made me laugh more than it should have.

This is the one that got me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

StarkRavingMad posted:

That's pretty loving funny.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

twistedmentat posted:

That's pretty loving funny.

I actually laughed out loud at that one.

Also I need advice, my Storm is 45 and once I get her to 60 I'm gonna start leveling one of my other heroes. Black Widow is out since she is supposed to have a rework soon(?) so I'll wait for that, and people keep telling me that leveling Thing will make me want to slash my wrists. So the choice is between taking Scarlet Witch from low 30s to cap, or starting Nightcrawler from level 1. Which way should I go?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

That was my second favorite.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Now that people have gotten their feet wet with Doctor Strange I could use a good endgame build. Cosmic Modok is destroying me right now.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Okay that was legit funny.

Invader Zym
Sep 19, 2002

WarLocke posted:

I actually laughed out loud at that one.

Also I need advice, my Storm is 45 and once I get her to 60 I'm gonna start leveling one of my other heroes. Black Widow is out since she is supposed to have a rework soon(?) so I'll wait for that, and people keep telling me that leveling Thing will make me want to slash my wrists. So the choice is between taking Scarlet Witch from low 30s to cap, or starting Nightcrawler from level 1. Which way should I go?

Scarlet Witch is easier, and similar to Storm in gameplay. Just press your AOE buttons and everything dies around you.

Nightcrawler is much squishier but I found him more enjoyable - BAMF all over the map hitting stuff but be careful to BAMF back out of danger when your health gets low.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

robotsinmyhead posted:

He's fine. Really, I just don't like his playstyle. The stand-and-shoot guys are really boring for me, even when they're technically 'good'. Hence the reason I didn't take Punisher to 60 either - it's just not fun.

The most fun I've had with my Hawkeye is when I just flat-out stopped using ranged attacks, and shifted points into melee. His ronin assault is surprisingly good, you won't top the X-Def charts, but it's fun and it'll get you through some terminals. If the game's not fun, you might as well not play it, so maybe give it a shot? That's the same rationale that got me to try a Steel-Toed Boot build on the Punisher, and my damage might have sucked but I laughed pretty loving hard when I kicked Magneto in the crotch so intensely that he died and balls popped out.

Ronco Showtime posted:

Just look to MUA for Reed's move set. He was one of my favorite characters in that game. His basics should operate like Ghost Rider's Chain Lash, huge range and tagged as both melee/ranged, a Spinning Fists, like Colossus/Emma but with greatly increased stretchy-range, Spider-man's Leaping Assault with his elastic arms, a toggle buff that makes his fists huge and grants greatly increased damage, superior projectile avoidance, a Samus Aran pinball move that functions like Street Sweeper/Blink Strike. Add a "Fantastic Gadgets" tree to get creative and you've got a perfect Reed.

If they added a passive to Reed that increases the damage and radius of all his area attacks, I might actually put some real dollars into this game.

Madcosby posted:

Should I be picking them up even though my crafter doesn't care for pures yet? I really dont need something else to stash.

edit: I see in chat people talking about collecting duplicate artifacts and I think uniques... I don't know what the purpose is of that yet. Any explanation why I might be interested in it?

1 Pure will turn into 3 Refined, 9 Complex, 27 Essential, 81 Fundamental, 243 Ordinary, 732 Primitive, and 2196 Simple. Multiply all those numbers by ten, and you can see exactly how much storage space you'll save by ditching all of your elements and only keeping/picking up pures.

Hell, I just gathered elements until I picked up/crafted 9 of each pure, and then stopped picking them up at all. The recipes to change them around are cheap enough to do it when you need to, but not so cheap that you can actually make money doing it. The things that really require a substantial investment in elements are so few and far between that I've yet to run dry on anything I need.

Also, I think there was a recipe added last update that allows you to turn multiple of the same uniques into new stuff, like legendaries or something? I wasn't paying a lot of attention, but I know the more you have of them the better the recipe is.

Also, one thing I don't know that anyone has noticed, the last update made a significant change to Deadpool's moveset. Armor Buster used to do like, 5 or 10% increased damage to bosses, and I think that fluctuated with the points you put in it. It now does a flat 40% increased base damage to bosses and elites, at all levels of the skill. It's flat-out, 100% a better decision than Bang Bang, against bosses that don't bring a lot of trash it's better than Shoot All The Bullets, and since it's a basic it makes a wonderful fallback on a Deadpool Ranged Build for when you're out of spirit. I tossed an Uru Crossbow on Deadpool, I'm begging for a Saturn Rune to give it Bowazon, and I've gone all-ranged in Xdef, and I love it. I've yet to actually crunch the numbers on stabby deadpool vs. shooty deadpool, but I'm almost positive I put out more damage, and stay alive a lot longer.

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 2, 2014

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Please Gazillion, read the overwhelming support and start copy pasting together Taskmaster.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I will pay real money for condescending jerkwad Taskmaster - even if his powers are copy-pasted versions of other Heroes' powers. Don't even change the flavor text, I don't care.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
For the build post, since it seems to be lacking a solid Emma build (I am Scrotadendron in game)

MAX:
Psychic Domination (Make your enslaved dude much more awesome and basically prevent him getting killed)
Inspire Minion (This is your bread and butter, always use it on cooldown, keeps dudes off you because you have basically no way to defend yourself)
Psychic Blast (hold down the key and spin around)
Kneel Before Me (A huge boom for lots of damage and you're almost impervious while casting it)
Telepathic Mastery (A good damage/survivability passive)
Telepathic Torment (You can probably do any other of the mental AOE's... but you need some other button to push when fighting dudes and this is as good as any with the debuffs it applies; no idea if this is optimal sperg dps or not)

One Point Wonders:
A Basic of your choice for when you're out of spirit
Unlock Potential (use it on cooldown, but not worht more than one point imo)
Frenzied Confusion (drop it if you gently caress something up and dudes are attacking you instead of your minion)
Mental Overload (once you get good at enslaving and you're in an area with a lot of good dudes to enslave like XDEF, this can boost your dps)
Lustrous Lunge (gotta use this to motor around)

Remaining points wherever. Frenzied Confusion is where I dump mine. The basic point of this build is to let your minion do all your damage. Get a guy who is level 63 out of a cosmic. Best affixes are (in my personal order of preference): Attack Speed, Attack Speed Aura, Extra Damage. I prefer buff melee dudes like the Dark Elf Skirmishers in Cosmic Odin's Palace. You stand in the back and keep him inspired, using Kneel at opportune times, and dotting everything with telepathic torment.

Artifacts are Pluvian, Power Prism Shard, Advanced Skrull Targeting Computer, and Headband.

All this is open to any other goons who want to chime in but I find I can clear cosmics solo easily with this build and only a couple of her uniques.

Defleshed fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 2, 2014

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

robotsinmyhead posted:

I will pay real money for condescending jerkwad Taskmaster - even if his powers are copy-pasted versions of other Heroes' powers. Don't even change the flavor text, I don't care.

Hell, you could probably do that. Do three trees, one for unarmed, one for blade, and one for blunt. Then just steal everyone's powers, grab stabby poo poo from deadpool, hawkeye, black panther. Punching poo poo from Colossus, Luke Cage, Punchclops. Blunt stuff from Gambit, Daredevil, and Captain America. That could actually be a pretty drat fun character. You'd really have to restrict the passives, though, to leave plenty of room for the good stuff, and to promote a power-heavy build.

(Despite the fact that people would just work out the two best and only use those powers forever and ever until the end of time. :rolleyes:)

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

He has one passive, and the stat allocation it gives is identical to the Taskmaster medallion. +to everything, scales as you dump point after point into it.

Edit all "Villains" should get a bonus for equipping their own medallion. Loki/Magneto/Taskmaster get bonus stats for wearing 'Doppelganger' gear/medals with flavor text explaining "Good to get this back, it was mine anyway".

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Defleshed posted:

For the build post, since it seems to be lacking a solid Emma build (I am Scrotadendron in game)

MAX:
Psychic Domination (Make your enslaved dude much more awesome and basically prevent him getting killed)
Inspire Minion (This is your bread and butter, always use it on cooldown, keeps dudes off you because you have basically no way to defend yourself)
Astral Bolt (Basic that restores spirit, can switch out for something else if you get river of souls on your uru)
Kneel Before Me (A huge boom for lots of damage and you're almost impervious while casting it)
Telepathic Mastery (A good damage/survivability passive)
Telepathic Torment (You can probably do any other of the mental AOE's... but you need some other button to push when fighting dudes and this is as good as any with the debuffs it applies; no idea if this is optimal sperg dps or not)

One Point Wonders:
Unlock Potential (use it on cooldown, but not worht more than one point imo)
Frenzied Confusion (drop it if you gently caress something up and dudes are attacking you instead of your minion)
Mental Overload (once you get good at enslaving and you're in an area with a lot of good dudes to enslave like XDEF, this can boost your dps)
Lustrous Lunge (gotta use this to motor around)

Remaining points wherever. Frenzied Confusion is where I dump mine. The basic point of this build is to let your minion do all your damage. Get a guy who is level 63 out of a cosmic. Best affixes are (in my personal order of preference): Attack Speed, Attack Speed Aura, Extra Damage. I prefer buff melee dudes like the Dark Elf Skirmishers in Cosmic Odin's Palace. You stand in the back and keep him inspired, using Kneel at opportune times, and dotting everything with telepathic torment.

Artifacts are Pluvian, Power Prism Shard, Advanced Skrull Targeting Computer, and Headband.

All this is open to any other goons who want to chime in but I find I can clear cosmics solo easily with this build and only a couple of her uniques.

You don't need to max Astral once you get her gloves (or ever) and you DO need to max Psychic Blast for ~max deeps~ you dumb goober

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Soothing Vapors posted:

You don't need to max Astral once you get her gloves (or ever) and you DO need to max Psychic Blast for ~max deeps~ you dumb goober

An Acceptable update. Changed OP.
e: gently caress you soothingvapors

Defleshed fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 2, 2014

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

WHY ISN'T THIS REAL?

Doomsaw posted:

Introducing a brand-new feature for Marvel Heroes: Cosmic Prestige Level!

Tired of those slackers who only have level 5 red prestige? Now you can get your very own Cosmic prestige, complete with cosmic yellow name.

Here's the catch: You gotta earn it. Playing through Cosmic Prestige will take you 25 times longer than a normal prestige.

For serious, hard-core, slightly-deranged players only.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Are...are we sure it isn't?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

It'd just be like prestiging once or twice pre-hero-synergy, no big deal.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My Ghost Rider seems to be broken. In a good way...

His Ultimate Power is listed as Rank 1, but the number is green. I've been able to use it since I first noticed it at Level 32.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

With Gaz, you never know...

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Yeah they've got their infinite progression thingy still to come.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
So Winds of Watoomb is really good.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244841554

that's with a Power Prism shard and Doc Ock Medallion, i've got Mechanical arms waiting at level 60.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Captain Bravo posted:

1 Pure will turn into 3 Refined, 9 Complex, 27 Essential, 81 Fundamental, 243 Ordinary, 732 Primitive, and 2196 Simple. Multiply all those numbers by ten, and you can see exactly how much storage space you'll save by ditching all of your elements and only keeping/picking up pures.

Hell, I just gathered elements until I picked up/crafted 9 of each pure, and then stopped picking them up at all. The recipes to change them around are cheap enough to do it when you need to, but not so cheap that you can actually make money doing it. The things that really require a substantial investment in elements are so few and far between that I've yet to run dry on anything I need.

Also, I think there was a recipe added last update that allows you to turn multiple of the same uniques into new stuff, like legendaries or something? I wasn't paying a lot of attention, but I know the more you have of them the better the recipe is.

Could I get a quick rundown on what's worth stashing? Right now mine is at capacity with elements, runes, relics, uru-forged stuff, old artifacts, and whatever uniques I've found. My crafter is only at 10 so I'm not sure what I need to keep for recipes yet. What can I safely dump, and is there anything I've been trashing that I shouldn't?

(I keep my splinters & shards in my inventory, since I'm always picking up more.)

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I am almost certainly not the person to tell you what's worth keeping, but as I am in the same boat vis-a-vis no spare stashes and no urge to pay real dollars...

One stack of each element as a Pure is always a good idea. If you need some elements, just break apart one of your pures, and use/sell/donate whatever you need of it. Whenever you need to restock, pures and/or refines drop easy enough that it's not much trouble to fill your stack back up.

Relics are hit-or-miss. As much as I bitch about the strategy of only giving a poo poo about the very best of the best... relics don't really do anything fun, so feel free to trash the poo poo. I keep Lemuria, Subterranea, the spirit one, and the movespeed one. Unless you have a bunch of characters all hungry for relics, everything else is basically garbage.

Uru-Forged is straight up Not Worth It. Unless it's got runes on it, chunk it. It drops fast and furious, if I kept my uru-forged I'd have a stack 6-deep of axes and plates. Grab one for each character, whatever is most appropriate, and maybe one spare for tossing a RIF/SIF enchant on, and then burn the rest.

Uniques I dunno. I'm always low on space, so I don't keep mine. But that new recipe means that Uniques can actually be worth keeping. I give it a shrug. :shrug:

Don't keep artifacts. Here's the fun little trick: Running missions on the highest difficulty gets you artifacts at higher levels. You can get a level 60 boosted S.H.I.E.L.D. Motion Tracker from Cosmic Lowtown. If an artifact is not a step up from whatever you're wearing, or useful for a secondary character, can it. Don't feel bad about giving it to Pym just because it's got a rare color on it, throw it in the trash and move on with your life.

Runes... Runes are my weakness. In all honesty, you should probably throw away the useless ones. Go to this page, find whatever level 50 runewords you'll want on your Urus, and then discard all other low-level runes. If you find a Tyr, a Serpent, or a Saturn, keep that poo poo. Even if you don't want it for an enchant, they're good for trading. If the rune is worth less than 1100 xp to a crafter, and you don't need it for an enchant, throw it away.

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 2, 2014

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

Captain Bravo posted:

...snip alot...

You can get a level 60 boosted S.H.I.E.L.D. Motion Tracker from Cosmic Lowtown.

Wait, you can run the story missions at Cosmic difficulty now? Since when has this been a thing?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Can't you? I might be thinking Superheroic? I know you can run them at higher difficulties and get boosted equipment. Let me check when I get home. :v:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Captain Bravo posted:

Can't you? I might be thinking Superheroic? I know you can run them at higher difficulties and get boosted equipment. Let me check when I get home. :v:

You are thinking of SH.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Well poo poo, nevermind then. Superheroic only gives like, level 50~ gear. Still way better than bottom drops, but there's probably cosmic stuff out there that tops it.

Can the Motion Tracker drop normally, or is it a story-only item? I could have sworn I had a level 60 one on my Punisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Zombie Samurai posted:

Could I get a quick rundown on what's worth stashing? Right now mine is at capacity with elements, runes, relics, uru-forged stuff, old artifacts, and whatever uniques I've found. My crafter is only at 10 so I'm not sure what I need to keep for recipes yet. What can I safely dump, and is there anything I've been trashing that I shouldn't?

(I keep my splinters & shards in my inventory, since I'm always picking up more.)

Elements are garbage. Keep a few pures of each type handy if you want to be lazy, but mostly they're junk.

Keep all of your runes. If you really don't have the room for them, read my gear guide and only keep the ones you think you'll use. But you will probably want most of them, since runewords are still in flux.

Uru-forged items aren't worth keeping. Keep the ones you know you'll use sometime in the near future. Give away the others to goons, or donate them. Do not feel bad about asking for urus from SG chat. If you really must save some uru items, save gauntlets and crossbows. Almost every character can use one of those two.

The good relics are Lemuria (life-on-hit), Snakeroot (movespeed), Subterranea (defense), and Gibborim (spirit). Up to you if you want to keep the others. Cthon (damage-on-hit) and Skrullos (tenacity) are absolutely useless junk.

Not all artifacts are worth keeping. Artifacts that aren't on my big gear list are almost certainly disposable junk you'll only use at lower levels if at all, and artifacts with bad rolls often aren't worth fooling with. Artifacts are good money for donating, so do thin the herd every so often.

Captain Bravo posted:

Well poo poo, nevermind then. Superheroic only gives like, level 50~ gear. Still way better than bottom drops, but there's probably cosmic stuff out there that tops it.

Can the Motion Tracker drop normally, or is it a story-only item? I could have sworn I had a level 60 one on my Punisher.

Story only. The level 50 one is fine at 60, though. Artifacts have a fixed level they're usable at.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 2, 2014

• Locked thread