Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

That trailer. They NAILED how he moves. I can't get over how amazing (heh heh) it looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah that entire trailer is awesome, absolutely no point in singling any one scene out. I'm super pumped to see this. EVERY tone is right.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
The Vulture?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

truther posted:

The Vulture?

And Ock.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

truther posted:

The Vulture?

And Doc Ock!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The last shots of the trailer has Rhino charging on all fours :haw:

:allears: everything about this movie :allears:

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
They kinda look like they blew their load with a clip from all the actions scenes in this movie.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

ExplodingSquid posted:

That trailer. They NAILED how he moves. I can't get over how amazing (heh heh) it looks.

Yeah. He does some kinda web pulling thing in the trailer somewhere. Looks sick.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

reposting from the Comicbook Thread because no one else has yet, this is a latest photo of ASM2's Goblin

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I really hope that Harry's character is going to build into ASM3 instead of being just a one off, he's looking p cool so far.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Aces High posted:

reposting from the Comicbook Thread because no one else has yet, this is a latest photo of ASM2's Goblin

Haha, he looks like Willem Dafoe.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Just saw this poster for the first time. Not sure if it's new or not, but I think it's pretty rad.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

God they did such a good job on that costume - I can't get enough of it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

scary ghost dog posted:

Haha, he looks like Willem Dafoe.

I'm not seeing the problem here.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

ExplodingSquid posted:

Just saw this poster for the first time. Not sure if it's new or not, but I think it's pretty rad.

I think that's just the EW cover with lighting fx added

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN-nXkuBGno

Another featurette in which we get a few bits of new footage including Goblin's laugh, and some more Rhino.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm not seeing the problem here.

It's very ironic.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I'm going to stop clicking on youtube promo clips now. I don't want to come out of the movie going "I saw 90% of that on youtube earlier"

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Democratic Pirate posted:

I'm going to stop clicking on youtube promo clips now. I don't want to come out of the movie going "I saw 90% of that on youtube earlier"

I've seen two articles so far about this. People have started to notice that, if you pay close enough attention, Sony has shown pretty much the entire movie in their promos and trailers and other various clips. They're wondering if Sony is going too far due to nervousness about them wanting to expand like the MCU.

We already know how long Rhino is in the movie, we know why Harry shows up in the movie, who dies in the movie, what the canister was that Rhino wanted to steal, that Gwen is leaving for Europe, that Aunt May has a secret about Peter's father, that Peter finds out this secret, that the Sinister Six are going to be involved, that Doc Ock and Vulture are going to be involved, that Electro and Harry team up, that Harry is the Green Goblin, and that this will all tie into Sony's Spider-Man Cinematic Universe...all of this from trailers, interviews, and promo clips.

I'm really excited for the movie but, thanks to Sony shoving so much of it down our throats in EVERY medium it can (it's all over Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Yahoo!, YouTube, TV, entertainment "news" shows like ET and Extra!...)...there's not much else to be surprised about.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

scary ghost dog posted:

It's very ironic.

Not as ionic as Electro's, though.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ThermoPhysical posted:

I've seen two articles so far about this. People have started to notice that, if you pay close enough attention, Sony has shown pretty much the entire movie in their promos and trailers and other various clips. They're wondering if Sony is going too far due to nervousness about them wanting to expand like the MCU.

We already know how long Rhino is in the movie, we know why Harry shows up in the movie, who dies in the movie, what the canister was that Rhino wanted to steal, that Gwen is leaving for Europe, that Aunt May has a secret about Peter's father, that Peter finds out this secret, that the Sinister Six are going to be involved, that Doc Ock and Vulture are going to be involved, that Electro and Harry team up, that Harry is the Green Goblin, and that this will all tie into Sony's Spider-Man Cinematic Universe...all of this from trailers, interviews, and promo clips.

I'm really excited for the movie but, thanks to Sony shoving so much of it down our throats in EVERY medium it can (it's all over Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Yahoo!, YouTube, TV, entertainment "news" shows like ET and Extra!...)...there's not much else to be surprised about.

Once I know I'm going to see a movie I stop watching trailers for just this reason, especially knowing what Sony showed of the first Amazing Spider-Man. For The Raid 2 I haven't seen a single second of footage.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Lobok posted:

Once I know I'm going to see a movie I stop watching trailers for just this reason, especially knowing what Sony showed of the first Amazing Spider-Man. For The Raid 2 I haven't seen a single second of footage.

I'm the same way, though I did watch the deleted gang shootout scene from The Raid 2, and if the rest of the movie can come close, holy poo poo.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Has the subtitle "Rise of Electro" been here all the time? I only noticed it today when I saw a trailer before Captain America 2, but now I see it's been on other posters before and I may not have noticed at all.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

davidspackage posted:

Has the subtitle "Rise of Electro" been here all the time? I only noticed it today when I saw a trailer before Captain America 2, but now I see it's been on other posters before and I may not have noticed at all.

It's been on the international advertising campaigns for eight or nine months now (whenever it was we got our first look at Electro), but not domestic.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA0C8ePXpaQ

While her scenes were pretty short, Shailene Woodley isn't sure if she wants to be MJ in The Amazing Spider-Man 3.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ThermoPhysical posted:

While her scenes were pretty short, Shailene Woodley isn't sure if she wants to be MJ in The Amazing Spider-Man 3.

I'm pretty ok with them recasting a character who's scenes were all totally cut anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's nothing special anyways. She's not exactly getting rave reviews for her performance in Divergent.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

She's nothing special anyways. She's not exactly getting rave reviews for her performance in Divergent.

Neither is anyone else in that movie, and they cast some pretty fantastic people. Watch Spectacular Now to see how good she can be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yoshifan823 posted:

Neither is anyone else in that movie, and they cast some pretty fantastic people. Watch Spectacular Now to see how good she can be.

I thought she was worthless in the Descendants and my sister used to watch that American Teenager show when she lived with me so I've had plenty of exposure to her.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I thought she was worthless in the Descendants and my sister used to watch that American Teenager show when she lived with me so I've had plenty of exposure to her.

Here is a complete list of people who have ever looked like good actors on an ABC Family Original Series:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Makes sense. Divergent was terrible but made some bank. No need to be the heroes girlfriend when you can have your own franchise.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Waterhaul posted:

Makes sense. Divergent was terrible but made some bank. No need to be the heroes girlfriend when you can have your own franchise.

Of course, depending on the contract she signed, she might not have a choice on whether or not she wants to come back. I know Webb has said they might have to recast if "Divergent" was a hit, but Sony might not share that opinion. Since "Divergent" is a hit, they might demand that she play MJ.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Yoshifan823 posted:

Here is a complete list of people who have ever looked like good actors on an ABC Family Original Series:

Jaimie Alexander was good. And I had a really big soft spot for Greek for some odd reason.

I'm sure Woodley is great in The Spectacular Now, but I am more than fine with them recasting for MJ.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

It's gonna be real hard to avoid saying "I really like Andrew Garfield's Peter" after watching this.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Her getting recasted means there's still hope for Emma Stone as MJ. Or, of course, Michael B. Jordan.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Coffee And Pie posted:

Her getting recasted means there's still hope for Emma Stone as MJ.

As long as they introduce her after Gwen dies/goes away at the end of the movie, and then they have Peter say "gee you look familiar" and then wink at the camera.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh my god I would actually love it if Peter and Gwen fake her death and she pops up as Mary Jean, her disguise from danger.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just do this and don't even wink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w9DUTcAI0o

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Tobey Maguire wishes he was this cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyV57QlGUGI

Adbot