Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dear Pisscast, what John Laurinaitis invention had a bigger impact on the world: the Cutter, or Zubaz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dear Pisscast, what John Laurinaitis invention had a bigger impact on the world: the Cutter, or Zubaz?
His brother invented Zubaz, I think.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
JR's big announcement is that he's going to have a show in Toronto the same weekend of the ROH/NJPW show. He's also going to that show.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Batista posted:

JR's big announcement is that he's going to have a show in Toronto the same weekend of the ROH/NJPW show. He's also going to that show.

Now I want to see JR sitting front row behind Kevin Kelly, heckling him all night

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Man if JR's hat blocks my view of Liger I'm gonna steal it and poo poo in it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Perigryn posted:

His brother invented Zubaz, I think.

Whatever. The question is still valid. :colbert:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I went to go check out that Todd show you guys were talking about, and it's been removed from the site.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

I went to go check out that Todd show you guys were talking about, and it's been removed from the site.

It's still there but it is shameful how many people have shown themselves to be Todd show listeners.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

It's still there but it is shameful how many people have shown themse
Vlves to be Todd show listeners.
Weird. I'm phone browsing and still can't see it. Goes straight from Bryan, Vinny and Craig to Lucha Steve to last night's B&V.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

Weird. I'm phone browsing and still can't see it. Goes straight from Bryan, Vinny and Craig to Lucha Steve to last night's B&V.

Don't know if this will work but here's the direct link

It sucks though, and this time for really real I'm done with Todd.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Today's JR interview on F4W is pretty good if you want to know the history of wrestling in the Superdome. Also, JR discusses the Brawl for All.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Listening to a couple JR and Jericho podcasts, both of them seem to have really sour grapes and almost seem to harbor a hate for the business.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

flashy_mcflash posted:

Don't know if this will work but here's the direct link

It sucks though, and this time for really real I'm done with Todd.
Thanks. Couldn't even make it ten minutes.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Optimist with doubt posted:

Listening to a couple JR and Jericho podcasts, both of them seem to have really sour grapes and almost seem to harbor a hate for the business.

I think this is what makes Stone Cold's so great. Despite being one of the biggest stars in the history of the business he is still a gigantic mark and loves talking shop.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
JR's speaking voice in his Observer interviews is just so dull to listen to. It's almost absurd to say given he is a pro wrestling announcer, but the way he talks is unengaging.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Batista posted:

Good god JR comes off as such a massive perv in his interview with Lita.

God that was a terrible interview. I usually quite enjoy JR's shows but this one was just a mess. Lita seemed taken aback at some points as JR just kind of rambled on, unsure exactly how to respond to some of the nonsense he was going on about. It's very disappointing considering I quite enjoyed his interview with Trish, and I got the impression he was just kind of doing the whole thing off-the-cuff and had no structure to work around.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Optimist with doubt posted:

I don't have any idea where you get that from Jericho, and I've listened to almost all of his shows. JR, who knows, but he probably (rightly) isn't terribly over the moon about how Talent Relations is run without him.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MassRafTer posted:

JR's speaking voice in his Observer interviews is just so dull to listen to. It's almost absurd to say given he is a pro wrestling announcer, but the way he talks is unengaging.

Can't complete a sentence without saying "uh..." Guy's a loving unintelligible moron.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

the guy with bell's palsy has slow slurred speech what a fuckin piece of poo poo

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Last SNCJ for a month.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Pisscasters: what is your favourite finisher that is not from the modern period of wrestling - WWWF/New Generation/WCCW/Territories etc etc.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Here's a show:

http://shootcast.org/033114/

Direct MP3 link:

http://shootcast.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/033114-WorkedShootRadio.mp3

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

I got the impression he was just kind of doing the whole thing off-the-cuff and had no structure to work around.

Yeah, he said he's not going in there with a script of questions to ask... I hope he has SOME notes at least, but who knows.

I enjoyed the show-long thread of Dave trying to figure out what the hell the show on the History channel that beats Raw was.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Punch/pisscasters: What's the most egregious or disappointing 'card subject to change' moment you've personally witnessed as it aired (either live or on PPV)?

Pisscasters F/M/K: Pissbutt, Swampass, Dingleberry

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Punch/pisscasters: What's the most egregious or disappointing 'card subject to change' moment you've personally witnessed as it aired (either live or on PPV)?

Punk vs. Benoit

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jubs posted:

Punk vs. Benoit

Who died and made you ECW champion, Morrison?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Who died and made you ECW champion, Morrison?

If only Punk had the balls to say this...

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Jubs posted:

Punk vs. Benoit

:eyepop:

I forgot what the last goon said when someone made a Benoit joke about Foley.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

NutritiousSnack posted:

:eyepop:

I forgot what the last goon said when someone made a Benoit joke about Foley.

gently caress you, you inhuman piece of poo poo.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

(Cross posting from Rapidly Going Deaf)

My friends and I recently got in the wrestling live internet radio/podcast game for VOCNation.com.

Compton After Dark: Episode 1 with Pro Wrestling Illustrated's Mike Bessler Originally aired 3/18.

Genre: Pro Wrestling, Comic Books, and More
Released: Weekly, Tuesday Live @ 11:30pm EST
Goons: Grant DaNasty (Producer)

Links
Facebook | Website | iTunes | Stitcher

Summary: Hosted by Dean Compton and Ryan Mays. COMPTON AFTER DARK is a weekly radio show that covers wrestling, comics, politics, and more. The show airs Tuesdays live at 11:30pm EST.

This week Dean Comptom interviews Mike Bessler of Pro Wrestling Illustrated including how he got started in pro wrestling writing. Wacky independent pro wrestlers from all over the world try to call in.

Compton After Dark: Episode 2 with TCW's Brian Thompson Originally aired 3/25

This week Dean Comptom interviews Brian Thompson of Traditional Championship Wrestling, discussing his career of promoting shows, ring announcing, and commentating in the Mid South Missouri/Arkansas/Tennessee area including such promotions as Gateway Championship Wrestling and Memphis Championship Wrestling when it was a WWF developmental territory.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 2, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It makes sense that Bryan just discards any technology the second he gets new technology.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

It makes sense that Bryan just discards any technology the second he gets new technology.

Apple Store employees probably see him as a floating $~!.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Episode 5: A Piece of rear end in a top hat

This week we're reviewing NXT, Smackdown, a bad Hulk Hogan movie, and TOTAL DIVAS. This episode is a bit late because I went to Raw on Monday and was not able to edit, but I also had to work yesterday. Maybe next week will be better? Probably not. NXT was pretty fun this week with more Mojo Rawley antics and a pretty rad title match, Smackdown could barely hold our attention, Shadow Warriors exists, and Total Divas made me kind of sad. I edited the podcast while playing Bravely Default this week and while I am still fighting the SAME loving BOSSES it is pretty fun. Come in and have a watch! We might not have an episode next week or not, I will have to see who I can get my hands on, but we will have a replacement for one should we not make one.

SOME PEOPLE SAY THEY KNOW THEY CAN'T BELIEVE,
DEVCAST, WE HAVE AN RSS FEED

We have the one Slapnuts,
And the one Sex,
Blank Gambit,
And the man Hogan!

Gif Blank posted during the show

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i am holding the latest punchsportpodcast hostage

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

HulkaMatt posted:

But Daniel Bryan returned

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Batista posted:

But Daniel Bryan returned

His DVR cut off at 11 PM.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

But seriously a fever for me has returned (seriously) so I just haven't really done anything with it yet. Also wasn't proud with my performance on this show so I've had no desire to edit. I will probably ask Goog.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Release it entirely unedited :getin:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

WHERE TO, MRT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

HulkaMatt posted:

But seriously a fever for me has returned (seriously) so I just haven't really done anything with it yet. Also wasn't proud with my performance on this show so I've had no desire to edit. I will probably ask Goog.

From now on, I'll be filling in for HulkaMatt until he gets over his "fever" addiction.

• Locked thread