Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I have it installed, but it doesn't do anything in the Capital Wasteland part of TTW.

Not a huge deal after I worked it back down to neutral. I just sell some schmuck into slavery whenever I tip into good.

Getting back down to neutral was the tough part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Floppychop posted:

I have it installed, but it doesn't do anything in the Capital Wasteland part of TTW.

Not a huge deal after I worked it back down to neutral. I just sell some schmuck into slavery whenever I tip into good.

Getting back down to neutral was the tough part.

Ah right, I don't know how TTW handles mods - if it even does. Maybe you could install an equivalent FO3 mod? Or FNVEdit that poo poo and see if you can work with it.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I'm interested in a music mod that changes the ambient music up a bit. I feel like the indoor exploration tunes are too like ... busy? There's too much going on, and they're kind of loud and sometimes brash. I'm also not really satisfied with the outdoor musics, especially when you get close to a NCR army camp and you get the military-ish music going on.

Anyone know of a good (great) ambient music mod?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Oh, that reminds me, pipboy images too!

myself from another page posted:

So As I'm actually working on ARMS now (Hopefully v1.0 will be out sometime next week), I'd like to ask the thread for a bit of totally unnecessary help. If one of you guys wanted to make some little models/textures for any and all new calibers, that'd be tit's awesome. In the interim I'm just going to use the .308/40mm ammo can things. Some sort of little object for hull plastic and brass would be great too, but I'll probably use the little box thing that game uses for primer boxes and poo poo.

The list, as it stands is:

7.62z39mm
7.62x54mm, r
5.45x39mm
9x39mm
9x18mm
.30-06
Hull Plastic
Brass

If someone or some people were to come up with some little ammo box type things for this, that would be fan-loving-tastic. Of course you'd get full credit in the mod for your work, and I'd be happy to throw an avatar upgrade or platinum or the like at you by way of thanks.

E: Pipboy images as well would own.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Nobody Interesting posted:

Ah right, I don't know how TTW handles mods - if it even does. Maybe you could install an equivalent FO3 mod? Or FNVEdit that poo poo and see if you can work with it.

TTW handles FNV mods without issue, but obviously mods changing the worldspace only affect the FNV half. FO3 mods can be converted to work in TTW with an automated script.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
For the people having issues with music, did you teleport out of OWB without using the transportalponder? I know it activates/deactivates radio stations depending on if you are going to or leaving the big MT.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

King Doom posted:

For the people having issues with music, did you teleport out of OWB without using the transportalponder? I know it activates/deactivates radio stations depending on if you are going to or leaving the big MT.

Nope, just loaded in and it stopped working.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

King Doom posted:

I haven't even touched any of the DLC yet.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Crimson Harvest posted:

I'm interested in a music mod that changes the ambient music up a bit. I feel like the indoor exploration tunes are too like ... busy? There's too much going on, and they're kind of loud and sometimes brash. I'm also not really satisfied with the outdoor musics, especially when you get close to a NCR army camp and you get the military-ish music going on.

Anyone know of a good (great) ambient music mod?

Digital Nightmare might be what you're looking for. It replaces the all-over-the-place exploration themes with really desolate-sounding music. I'd also recommend Fallout 1 & 2 Ambient Music if you're a fan of the original Fallouts. I'm not sure if it replaces the dungeon exploration themes but It's still a refreshing change, though. And if you don't mind using a radio station, Existence 2-0 from the OP supplies suprisingly relaxing industrial songs along with stories and anecdotes from a psychopathic A.I.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Is it possible to have hardware AA on with ENB? I've read somewhere that not really and hours of me trying seems to indicate that's the case. I managed to enable sparse grid AA in Nvidia Inspector but it didn't do much. ENB's built-in "EnableEdgeAA" also does jack poo poo. GPU is GTX 760.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hell yeah GTX 760 bros unite :respek:

From the NVidia control panel you can select FalloutNV.exe or whatever it is and force up to I believe 8x superampling as well as AF. You can do the same on AMD cards through CCC. It usually works but sometimes it just kinda doesn't apply to the game which is a weird issue with ENB. The whole wrapper is kinda sloppily hacked together but when it works it works pretty well.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

There we go, supersampling works perfectly. Thanks!

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
I'm trying to make CCO and jsawyer work together and everything looks fine, except the enemy DT is off the chain. I'm putting 20 gauge shells into armored Powder Gangers at point blank range and they lose like one pip of health. Any ideas?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

physeter posted:

I'm trying to make CCO and jsawyer work together and everything looks fine, except the enemy DT is off the chain. I'm putting 20 gauge shells into armored Powder Gangers at point blank range and they lose like one pip of health. Any ideas?

Buckshot doesn't do a lot against armored people, buddy. That's why Shotgun Surgeon is a perk.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Can someone tell me why my game freezes up at the main menu when I am using both Armory and Armor Collection mod?

Here is my Load Order
code:
GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
CompanionInfAmmo.esm=1
Companion Core.esm=1
RobCo Certified.esm=1
NVStripOpen.esm=1
Armor Collection.esm=1
The.Armory.esm=1
UHNV.esp=1
UHNV-Dead Money.esp=1
UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp=1
UHNV-OWB.esp=1
UHNV-Lonesome Road.esp=1
UHNV-Brighter Lighting.esp=1
UHNV-More Mannequins.esp=1
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp=1
Color Me Evil.esp=1
Color Me Evil - Cass.esp=1
Follower Home Marker.esp=1
Continue After Games Ending 1.9.3.esp=1
FactionIDCards.esp=1
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp=1
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp=1
CompanionDisguises.esp=1
OWB Valence Extra.esp=1
OWB Valence Mask.esp=1
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp=1
OWB Companion Teleport.esp=1
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp=1
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp=1
Better Binoculars High.esp=1
RobCo Certified Friendly Hit Fixer.esp=1
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp=1
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp=1
Cerulean Robotics Playerhome.esp=1
BoostedSkills.esp=1
realistic headshots HC VATS.esp=1
SignatureArmor.esp=1
Fellout.esp=1
Fellout-OWB.esp=1
friendofnightforfellout.esp=1
Max Level 255.esp=1
PerkEveryLevel_max Lv.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
ShilohDS-Color Maps and Icons.esp=1
Radar.esp=1
Quick Trade.esp=1
Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp=1
StripOpenMain.esp=1
Armor Collection - Armor Cabinet.esp=1
alternate_armor_system_v0999.esp=1
AAS_LongRangeProjectiles.esp=1
AAS_OldWorldBlues.esp=1
The.Armory.Guns.Base.StatAdjustment.esp=1
The.Armory.Guns.HonestHearts.StatAdjustment.esp=1
The.Armory.Cabinet.Addon.esp=1
The.Armory.CaliberX.Patch.esp=0
AAS_LonesomeRoad.esp=1
AAS_GunRunnersArsenalLRP.esp=1
AAS_HonestHearts.esp=1
AAS_GunRunnersArsenal.esp=1
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Concise.esp=1
The.Armory.Sample.Sounds.esp=1
AAS_DeadMoney.esp=1
AAS_Ammo.esp=1
The.Armory.Guns.GunRunnersArsenal.StatAdjustment.esp=1
The.Armory.Guns.DeadMoney.StatAdjustment.esp=1
_FIXAIM.esp=1
The.Armory.HonestHearts.PatchV2.esp=1
The.Armory.Guns.OldWorldBlues.StatAdjustment.esp=1
The.Armory.Guns.LonesomeRoad.StatAdjustment.esp=1

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Supeerme posted:

Can someone tell me why my game freezes up at the main menu when I am using both Armory and Armor Collection mod?

The freeze at main menu is somewhere in your load order is a bad formID. The only way I know how to find the issue is to use FNVEdit's check for errors function. You also should be using a merged patch.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Once I found the FormId errors do I just delete them from the FNVEdit or the GECK?

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Supeerme posted:

Once I found the FormId errors do I just delete them from the FNVEdit or the GECK?

I would just use FNVEdit to remove them.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Ok I just did that and the game is still freezing up on me. is there anything else I'm suppose to fix? This is my first time on modding fallout stuff.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
You're running the CaliberX patch without having CaliberX installed it appears.

edit: ps. don't use caliberx, it's poo poo.

Naky fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 31, 2014

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
I'm not even using it, it came with the Armory patch 2.9.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Hmm yeah I just saw the 0 next to it. FNVEdit doesn't report any missing masters in the side window?

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Nope. I just removed them from my list as they are not going to work with my expertise. Maybe someone else can fix them up or something.

Nika
Aug 9, 2013

like i was tanqueray

Crimson Harvest posted:

I'm interested in a music mod that changes the ambient music up a bit. I feel like the indoor exploration tunes are too like ... busy? There's too much going on, and they're kind of loud and sometimes brash.

Real talk, the track that plays in Doc Mitchell's house at the very beginning is bizarre and terrible, literally one of the most tonally depressing and inappropriate songs I've ever heard used in a game.

I mean, by itself I guess it's an ok piece, but the song itself sounds like it was originally used during an emotional climax in like Silent Hill or something--definitely not the right introduction to a rootin' tootin' cowboy post-apocalyptic video game. :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzfL1b43CQo

Nika fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 1, 2014

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Nika posted:

Real talk, the track that plays in Doc Mitchell's house at the very beginning is bizarre and terrible, literally one of the most tonally depressing and inappropriate songs I've ever heard used in a game.

I mean, by itself I guess it's an ok piece, but the song itself sounds like it was originally used during an emotional climax in like Silent Hill or something--definitely not the right introduction to a rootin' tootin' cowboy post-apocalyptic video game. :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzfL1b43CQo

I've never really listened to this song, but I actually really like it. I admit it doesn't suit Doc Mitchell's house, though. It might btter suit Nipton, or when you've killed off a faction head like Mr. House or Caesar.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Are there any issues running Millenia's Weapon Retextures with a full FOOK-PN convergence setup? Wanted to know before I downloaded it and tried installing it.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Are there any issues running Millenia's Weapon Retextures with a full FOOK-PN convergence setup? Wanted to know before I downloaded it and tried installing it.

I'm fairly certain that you can't use millenia's weapon retextures with the FOOK-PN convergence. Some of the textures on guns get messed up.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Thanks for the music mod links. I loved Existence 2.0 in F3, I didn't know it got ported.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

The Weapon Retexture Project?

It's included in FOOK 1.13, and is actually required for FOOK-PN-Convergence

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Oh! That's cool. I haven't noticed any of the retextured weapons since I've only been using stuff from The Armory in my playthrough. :shobon:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
So I'm thinking of heading into the DLCs for the first time pretty soon with my current character (around level 14). Is there anything I should know?

I'm fairly sure the order is Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, but does my level or the order matter? I know Lonesome Road was the one built up to, so it should come last, but is the order important for the rest?

Also, completely unrelated: I'm probably going to follow this up with a pacifist run. Is that something I can play by ear, or are there limitations in choices that lead to things like 'only a bisexual male siding with Yes Man can actually manage a pacifist run'? Basically I want to know if there are certain things I'd definitely have to angle for/avoid if I'm doing a pacifist run, but I'd prefer no spoilers.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 2, 2014

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Cleretic posted:

So I'm thinking of heading into the DLCs for the first time pretty soon with my current character (around level 14). Is there anything I should know?
Be prepared to hate Dead Money's bullet sponge enemies.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Cleretic posted:

I'm fairly sure the order is Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, but does my level or the order matter? I know Lonesome Road was the one built up to, so it should come last, but is the order important for the rest?

Also, completely unrelated: I'm probably going to follow this up with a pacifist run. Is that something I can play by ear, or are there limitations in choices that lead to things like 'only a bisexual male siding with Yes Man can actually manage a pacifist run'? Basically I want to know if there are certain things I'd definitely have to angle for/avoid if I'm doing a pacifist run, but I'd prefer no spoilers.

Dead Money takes all your inventory, so skill up/be prepared to use things other than what you specialized in. You're going to have to "rough it" for a bit.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Be prepared to hate Dead Money's bullet sponge enemies.

or just like cripple their arm and kill them instantly, whatever floats your boat really

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Cleretic posted:

Less than you would think. Lonesome Road should wait until you've backed out of the Point of No Return prompt (you'll recognize it pretty fast when you see it) and done all the other DLC, Dead Money and Old World Blues change their tones radically depending on the order you visit them in, and Honest Hearts can go just about anywhere. Release order is certainly not a bad order, though.

Some would disagree and say that you can at least go the first bit of Lonesome Road early because of what it gives you, but I'll leave that to others to explain. Yeah, Lonesome Road is the one DLC that you can come back from before you're done with it, and return to later.

Specifically for Honest Hearts: Check your targets carefully until you reach a settlement.

quote:

Also, completely unrelated: I'm probably going to follow this up with a pacifist run.

Learn to live with disappointment. No matter your ending, no matter how much of the killing you put on the shoulders of your companions, one way or the other you are going to have some serious story-mandated blood on your hands. This isn't avoidable even if you excuse non-combat kills and non-human kills.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 2, 2014

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Learn to live with disappointment. No matter your ending, no matter how much of the killing you put on the shoulders of your companions, one way or the other you are going to have some serious story-mandated blood on your hands. This isn't avoidable even if you excuse non-combat kills and non-human kills.

It's mostly just an excuse to finally use all those social-based stats and perks I neglect. I always see those Speech and Barter checks, but I never bother actually going for them because I don't use those stats. The only non-combat options I ever really manage to score are Science-based ones.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Cleretic posted:

Your items are confiscated from you at the start, but go to the bunker naked and with 0 weight. Try not to hoard stuff while you're there, and if you're planning on keeping any items you find there, make sure that they're low weight.

You'll thank me later.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I'm thinking about trying the Fook/PN Convergence everyone keeps talking about. How playable is PN with a controller? I'm used to PN with a mouse/keyboard. Also is AWOP worth it? I hear mixed opinions about it, but saw the Convergence author made a balance and change patch. And finally, will the New Vegas Uncut mods be compatible with this whole mess?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Okay, I've tried as much as I can, but I just can't find a solution. So I'm turning to you guys.

My game isn't playing any music. In-world radios play just fine, but ambient music or trying to listen to the Pip-Boy radio gets me nothing. If I listen to Radio New Vegas or the DLC stations I can get stuff like Mr. New Vegas' news breaks, but he'll cut to a song and I'll just get dead silence for a couple minutes before he comes back.

I also get this horrible constant clicking sound when (I presume) the game tries to switch non-existent tracks partway through. I can at least avoid that part by just switching to Mojave Music Radio, but I still get complete dead silence otherwise, and it's started to really annoy me.

I should note that I've validated the game cache and installed the K-Lite codec pack, which were both suggested through Google searches, but haven't had any success. Can anyone provide any other suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I still want to blame your codecs. But I'd uninstall K-Lite and try CCCP.

Otherwise, perhaps a different d3d9 audio dll might do the trick?