Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginny Field
Dec 18, 2007

What if there is some boy-beast running around Camp Crystal Lake?

moechae posted:

Hey, just wanted to wrap everything up and say Faye's all better! It was a super weird/rare bacterial infection. We got blood test results back today and she's completely normalized except her bilirubin is a little high still. We're keeping her on the hepatic diet and steroids/antibiotics for a while longer. As I was leaving the vet last night, she pulled me aside and told me she honestly didn't think Faye would make it with the numbers she had so...dang. Lucky dog.

So happy to hear she's going to be ok!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

mcswizzle posted:

Ever since lizzy came out as fluffy bunnies and started speaking in coherent thoughts it's been a lot more subtle.

Whaaaaat!
I totally missed that. :saddowns:

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

WolfensteinBag posted:

Whaaaaat!
I totally missed that. :saddowns:

Yeah, that was our Christmas surprise. Minds were blown.

I did a photo shoot with Cohen for a magazine a few weeks ago. I finally got to see one of the photos. :3

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Ahh that's so neat. :3: Cohen really is very photogenic.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Did he get to eat it? :ohdear:

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

Oh god yes. There was also at least one time where she "accidentally" let it fall on the ground and, with lightning fast reflexes, gobbled it up before anyone could say otherwise. Timbits are her favouritest things.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Good dog.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

a life less posted:

Oh god yes. There was also at least one time where she "accidentally" let it fall on the ground and, with lightning fast reflexes, gobbled it up before anyone could say otherwise. Timbits are her favouritest things.

Haha, good girl :3:

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Only a bit of winter left (hopefully), I'm going to miss seeing stuff like this all the time. They are only buddies when it is cold.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

That room looks so loving cozy. I want to join them.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

For those of you quietly wondering about PIFB/how to get in/why it is not coming up in facebook group searches, it is a completely secret group now. However, that doesn't mean we are excluding you! Just send me a PM and we can get things figured out.

Edit: Oh and if you don't have PMs then email me at cryingscarf @ gmail.com with the subject of PIFB invite or something!

cryingscarf fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 11, 2014

ED-E My Love
Feb 26, 2014

The cutest lil' eyebot in the Wasteland

cryingscarf posted:

For those of you quietly wondering about PIFB/how to get in/why it is not coming up in facebook group searches, it is a completely secret group now. However, that doesn't mean we are excluding you! Just send me a PM and we can get things figured out.

Edit: Oh and if you don't have PMs then email me at cryingscarf @ gmail.com with the subject of PIFB invite or something!

I sent you an email about an invite, just fyi :)

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

ED-E My Love posted:

I sent you an email about an invite, just fyi :)

Hmmm. I don't see the email anywhere. I even checked my spam and unless the subject is about making my nonexistent sausage tight and straight then it's not there either. Maybe try again?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
News for anyone too boring to join PIFB:

1.) My partner and I are buying a house on 5 acres w/ a cute lil barn (we're set to close on it next Friday) so chickens, turkeys, goats are incoming (already got some chicks hell yeah)

2.)Moses got neutered on Wednesday. He isn't happy.

3.) Peep is big. Still undershot, still dumb ears, but looking nice and functional where it matters, imo. :3:

That is all, except for

This. :tipshat:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I still hate you for getting such an awesome house. I need a bigger shelf for all my jellies.

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Friend to all creatures great and small

cryingscarf posted:

This makes me sad..... I'm not computer smart or facebook smart!

edit: GORGEOUS place!

piscesbobbie fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 16, 2014

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

That place is BEAUTIFUL I hate you. :saddowns:
(Congrats!)

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Oooooh I didn't see that picture of the barn. You have an actual, functional, animals-that-arent-rats-can-live-here barn. Nice!

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Grats super, that's a dream house if I ever saw one. :3:

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

He's grown up

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Turning into a storm cloud :3:

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me
It's not in English, but all you need to know is it's a magician doing tricks at dogs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEQXeLjY9ak

Has anyone posted this? I'm cracking up. I love Salli's "the gently caress did you just do?!"

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dumle's my favorite. " :downs: It okay human I love you anyway!". Such a mean, tough breed, those rotties.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Got a text from my cousin on Friday. Cousin Ellie, a 16 year old miniature poodle, had started having seizures and been euthanized. Last time I saw her was over Spring Break - she was thrilled to see me and was livelier than she'd been. RIP Poodle-butt. :smith:
Chasin' ducks

Eyeballin' a gift from PISS

Playing hard. I didn't need that arm anyway.

Taking a Poodle Intelligence test

Artsy picture from a walk at Wildwood.

Staring blankly at my father.

Childhood pets shouldn't be allowed to die. :(

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

drat Bananas posted:

It's not in English, but all you need to know is it's a magician doing tricks at dogs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEQXeLjY9ak

Has anyone posted this? I'm cracking up. I love Salli's "the gently caress did you just do?!"

I love how every time the dog looks at the person behind the camera like, "What the gently caress is this poo poo?"

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

AcetylCoA! posted:

Truth. I am sorry to hear about Ellie :( I always loved when you shared pictures of her cause she was a cute little thing.

One Eyed Daruma
Sep 15, 2007

AcetylCoA! posted:

Ot at least should be able to hold on and stop hurting until you can get home to say goodbye.
Our two dogs and both "my" cats ( in the sense that I hauled them home and forced them on my family) passed and I was wrecked, because I had to leave them behind when I moved. Every time, just when I was able to get to where I was able to where I could bring them to come live with me they passed.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

That sucks. My budgie Costanza was a week away from me moving into my own place when my mom's kitten decided to give him a taster. Little dude was almost home free! :argh:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My old dog Seltzer passed away a week before I came home for the summer from my first year in university. I still remember walking through the door, dropping my bags and waiting for her with my arms out :smith:

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

Move along. Nothing to see here.

E:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Cross-posting from PIFB group but it's amazing how far my wife and I have come as dog people.

We were on a road trip this weekend and stopped to get some gas. Right outside the station entrance/exit was some redneck with a litter of puppies in a cardboard box.

Prior to getting our dog, I would've gone all :3 over them and thought nothing of it.

Now, I can only think of were those puppies and how awful this BYB was for bringing more of these creatures into the world when so many still sit in shelters (or worse).

We just hoped they all found loving homes.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Sheila's taken to screaming at me when I'm on the phone. My aunt called the other day, and Sheila sat at my feet going "MRAAAA MROW MROW MYAAAAA" at such a high volume that my aunt stopped and asked, "Is that the cat?"

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Drum posted:

Sheila's taken to screaming at me when I'm on the phone. My aunt called the other day, and Sheila sat at my feet going "MRAAAA MROW MROW MYAAAAA" at such a high volume that my aunt stopped and asked, "Is that the cat?"

This but every hour of every day with our male Bengal.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

El Jebus posted:

Sheila's gotten more noisy as she's aged. She's still not at the hideous level of noise Clawdia was, with the whole "Siamese seems to have cat dementia, shrieks at the walls at 2 am."

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

El Jebus posted:

I feel your pain. Sometime Qubit will just wander around the house warbling.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

ToastFaceKillah posted:

Warbling is the most accurate word for the noise they make.

edit* Here he is warbling at me and also wearing a hat.

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 1, 2014

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Drum posted:

Sheila's gotten more noisy as she's aged. She's still not at the hideous level of noise Clawdia was, with the whole "Siamese seems to have cat dementia, shrieks at the walls at 2 am."

My friend's 18yr old siamese lost the ability to remember wether or not he had eaten already. As a consequence, unless he was stuffing his face RIGHT THEN, he just assumed that he was staaaarving to deeeeath. Meeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooow.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

ToastFaceKillah posted:

Yeah our part-Siamese Sugi is like that, he'll be walking around and suddenly start warbling for no apparent reason.

We've got two cats whose mommy is my aunt, because her job takes her overseas a lot and since her divorce she's not really had the money to pay catsitters, so we took them in. They're purebred Maine Coons, all huge feet and gorgeous fur, and because of possible breeding one of them, Rosie, wasn't spayed. Until today. My aunt figured that ship had sailed and because every few weeks we'd have a week where Rosie goes insane looking for intact boys we got her done. Because I'm an awful goon I'm up most of the night so she's been in my room the last few hours, mostly curled up under my bed feeling sorry for herself, but coming out occasionally for a drink/to say hi.

Well, a short while ago she spotted a moth that has taken up residence in my room and she went completely berserk trying to get it. I had to grab her and just hold her for several minutes until she forgot about it and calmed down, or she'd have ripped her stitches open. The daft thing. Good thing she's gorgeous because she doesn't have much going on upstairs.

In other news I've fallen completely in love with a cat who is suffering from epilepsy and whose humans can't afford the work needed. I've been trying to get the word out to get more donations because I've given all I can manage right now but pretty much only my fiance and I have donated and nobody else seems to want to give money or even share on Facebook or Twitter. I didn't see anything against it in the rules so I'll take the risk that it's okay and link it here. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cat-tom-needs-your-help I've never met the cat, I've never been to Russia, I've just seen some videos and pictures and this page of bad English, but I pretty much cried myself to sleep a couple nights ago. I know Indiegogo isn't even the right site for this sort of thing and I wasn't even sure it was on the level at first, but after all the videos they posted and the pics they sent since I donated I'm convinced it's just a family trying to save one of their own.

If any goons want to help spread the word or something I'd think you're pretty cool. :unsmith:

Brillig
Oct 21, 2008

You know the world isn't fair at all. Titles aren't fairly distributed either. In time you'll learn my son. -2Bit
One of my cats has suddenly lost a lot of weight and is acting ill, so we took her to the vet. Lots of bloodwork was done. Based on the results of the bloodwork and her symptoms, the vet thinks the two most likely causes are either irritable bowel syndrome or... a type of cancer with a very bad prognosis. The exploratory surgery and crap to definitively diagnose the cancer is prohibitively expensive, so the vet is going to attempt to treat it as if it's just IBS and hope it is. If she doesn't get better after that... :(

This cat has been there for me so many times when my heart has been broken and all I needed in the world was something that loved me and gave me love. She shouldn't have cancer. She's only six and she's my princess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
Foxes killing everything that moves. Got a Pyrenees bc I ain't got TIME. Chief 2: The Reckoning began yesterday.

• Locked thread