Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Radish posted:

Yeah but one of these things is much more exciting and like a John Clancy book than the others.

I didn't know Tom had a younger, somehow more-hackish brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's the uncreative pseudonym that Tom writes under after faking his death in order to escape Obama funded terrorists targeting him.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Radish posted:

It's the uncreative pseudonym that Tom writes under after faking his death in order to escape Obama funded terrorists targeting him.

Ah, that makes much more sense.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Nessus posted:

What exactly is the next step in the terrorist playbook after their hypothetical super-nuclear EMP thing anyway? I mean you can argue they succeeded in their goal in 9/11, they got us to lash out. But what does an EMP do other than cost us a lot of money and not even kill very many people, followed by total berserk rage? Give Iran the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY to NUKE ISRAEL? Let Putin annex the Ukraine? Do they even think about that?

If they did manage to set off a sizeable EMP by a metropolitan area, it would do a HUGE amount of economic damage as well as totally disrupt all services for months--maybe years. All electronics would be fried. All data lost. All modern cars would turn into multiton paperweights. People would be trapped in the cities with no easy way to get supplies in or out. Its a legit nightmare scenario even without nuclear fire; now whether its a plausible one is another question entirely.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

The problem is only state actors have the capability to create an actual countrywide area EMP eg. with a nuke. But as pointed out upthread, this doesn't get you anything but some actual no-poo poo ground zero ICBM's in your face in retaliation.

It's weird and i've seen it myself, but some people seem to have a blind spot whereby you could somehow scot-free EMP somewhere and the receiving country would have no choice but to impotently wave it's fists because EMP's don't count.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Deptfordx posted:

The problem is only state actors have the capability to create an actual countrywide area EMP eg. with a nuke. But as pointed out upthread, this doesn't get you anything but some actual no-poo poo ground zero ICBM's in your face in retaliation.

It's weird and i've seen it myself, but some people seem to have a blind spot whereby you could somehow scot-free EMP somewhere and the receiving country would have no choice but to impotently wave it's fists because EMP's don't count.

Or an enemy could just, you know, reduce a city to glass with that kind of fire power.

EMP attacks are really just Clancy-types masturbating about scenarios where their stock piles of guns and MREs become justifiable.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Deptfordx posted:

I imagine you might not get instant retaliation... from America, anyway. But while you might cause mass suffering and a global depression, it seems unlikely you would destroy the Amerikkkan murder machine fast enough that you yourself would not be murdered before it went down (if it went down).

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that the main reason why you'd set off a nuke for EMP is to disable a country's defenses for long enough to lob more nukes at them without retaliation (from them, anyway). An EMP is never the goal in itself.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Neeksy posted:

So Freep must be overjoyed with the latest SCOTUS decision to let the guiding hands of The Most Holy Job Creators decide our elections from now on.

It doesn't push any of :freep:'s usual buttons, so the reaction is mostly guided by mindless tribalistic hatred(Dumbo-craps against, so :freep: for!). But there's a surprising amount of dissent, freepers can be quite populist economically when no brown people are involved:

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3140053/posts

quote:

To: PaulCruz2016

How can any campaign contribution not be a quid pro quo activity and thus not be corrupt?

28 posted on 4/2/2014, 8:12:29 AM by Fester Chugabrew

quote:

To: PaulCruz2016

Terrible decision. Why on Earth some conservatives think that giving the unbridled purchase of our Democracy, or our Republic, to a small group is utterly beyond me. What, you think they are in this for our values? If so, wake up.

The enemy of your enemy is just not always your friend. If you’ll notice, these are the people that want the Tea Party dead.

Be careful what you wish for.

29 posted on 4/2/2014, 8:16:40 AM by RIghtwardHo

quote:

To: RIghtwardHo

What, you think they are in this for our values? If so, wake up.

The enemy of your enemy is just not always your friend. If you’ll notice, these are the people that want the Tea Party dead.
tough decision. who do support government unions who always throw money at unlimited government power or deep pocket fat cats whose interests are global and not really american.

30 posted on 4/2/2014, 8:28:06 AM by ckilmer

quote:

Just thinking the same thing. The only thing this does is legalize the purchase of our government by those that intend to use it for their own benefit.

“Welcome to the USA, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of...”

Time to dream another dream. This dream is over.

34 posted on 4/2/2014, 8:45:20 AM by L,TOWM (No one in the US is free of the spirit of entitlement)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Rokstar posted:

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that the main reason why you'd set off a nuke for EMP is to disable a country's defenses for long enough to lob more nukes at them without retaliation (from them, anyway). An EMP is never the goal in itself.

I would imagine all military installations, especially nuke silos, would be protected though. Cities would have to be abandoned and millions of civilians would die in the following months but that would be irrelevant because odds are we'd all be dead in the next couple of hours anyway.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
If my understanding is correct and it's not just half-remembered bullshit accrued over the years, the eastern seaboard's magnetosphere DOES make it uniquely susceptible to the effects of an airburst nuke's EMP effect, but enough military equipment in the area is sufficiently hardened against that effect that it would do relatively little to the military's ability to defend the area. It WOULD cause massive economic devastation and possibly a great deal of loss of life, and is something of a concern with regards to the possibility of the planet getting pasted by a particularly nasty solar storm ejecta someday, but as a practical military application it's limited mostly to paranoid Tom Clancy conspiracy theories of terrorist attacks.

Thus, Freepers consider it to be not just likely, but inevitable.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Nessus posted:

What exactly is the next step in the terrorist playbook after their hypothetical super-nuclear EMP thing anyway? I mean you can argue they succeeded in their goal in 9/11, they got us to lash out. But what does an EMP do other than cost us a lot of money and not even kill very many people, followed by total berserk rage? Give Iran the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY to NUKE ISRAEL? Let Putin annex the Ukraine? Do they even think about that?

The terrorist would be relying on the fact that as soon as the power goes out black people around the nation would rise up and try to kill whitey. This is a thing Freep actually believes.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

cafel posted:

The terrorist would be relying on the fact that as soon as the power goes out black people around the nation would rise up and try to kill whitey. This is a thing Freep actually believes.

Oh well if you factor that in then it makes total sense. I forgot about electricity (and, apparently, purple drank) being the only thing keeping the Amish urban ferals in check.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

OAquinas posted:

Oh well if you factor that in then it makes total sense. I forgot about electricity (and, apparently, purple drank) being the only thing keeping the Amish urban ferals in check.
Don't forget foodstamps! Take that away and the amish will wreck your poo poo. And all the poor white people that rely on it too :v:

Another shooting reported at Ft. Hood. You know what's about to come :getin:
Report: Shooting at Fort Hood; Multiple Injuries

quote:

To: halo66
Let me guess.

A Tea Party person.

5 posted on 4/2/2014 5:00:54 PM by Red in Blue PA (When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty.-Thomas Jefferson)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Red in Blue PA
Let me guess.
A Tea Party person.

No, an Amish.

27 posted on 4/2/2014 5:06:26 PM by fwdude ( You cannot compromise with that which you must defeat.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

To: hal ogen
Clinton disarmed the military on military bases.

10 posted on 4/2/2014 5:01:44 PM by SkyDancer (I Believe In The Law Until It Intereferes With Justice. And Pay Your Liberty Tax Citizen.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: a fool in paradise
OMG!!!! How can this happen AGAIN????? MUSLIM???

14 posted on 4/2/2014 5:02:56 PM by Ann Archy (Abortion.....the Human Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Ann Archy
How can this happen AGAIN?????
Because it's very easy to get a gun on-post, but Soldiers are ordered to be disarmed. We're sitting ducks. Frankly, I'm shocked it doesn't happen more often.

40 posted on 04/02/2014 3:10:36 PM PDT by Future Snake Eater (CrossFit.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies ]

quote:

Obama will stand with the Muslims.
Again.

Eric Holder will try to move the trial to NYC.

Again.

Nothing will be done to protect our troops.

Again.

19 posted on 4/2/2014 5:04:28 PM by Lazamataz (Early 2009 to 7/21/2013 - RIP my little girl Cathy. You were the best cat ever. You will be missed.)

quote:

The trend is very, very clear:

Places that perps KNOW that guns are forbidden become targets:

Airplanes, malls, schools, military bases.

This is obscene. It’s irresponsible.

We need ADULTS in charge, not faculty.

24 posted on 4/2/2014 5:05:54 PM by gaijin

The Bilderberg Group is making us make up crazy poo poo :tinfoil:

quote:

During the London Tube bombings, I remember report after ludicrous initial report sagely intoning that experts believed it was the result of ELECTRICAL MALFUNCTIONS.

Very many times they stressed, “Authorities have no evidence tying these events to terrorism....”

So OF COURSE MH370 provoked a conspiracy fest, and THIS WILL ALSO, and for good reasons, too.

57 posted on 4/2/2014 5:15:17 PM by gaijin

quote:

To: gaijin
Lockdown, shelter in place...

Ever notice HOW MANY prison terms are being mainstreamed into daily American life.

Hmm...

Remember fight after 9-11 they were all screaming, “If we change JUST ONE THING about the way we live because of this, THEN THE TERRORISTS WIN...!”

You know what? We have changed EVERYTHING. We are a very, very different country.

What is more, the *way* we have changed is super weird:

We’re constantly on guard against normal people and we’re hyper-vigilant about protecting the rights of bad people.

76 posted on 04/02/2014 3:20:08 PM PDT by gaijin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 57 | View Replies ]
freepers: constantly on guard against normal people

quote:

To: TomGuy
If this turns out to be another Muslim “soldier”, there need to be riots in the streets to ban them from our military.

Like they should have been ALL ALONG!

67 posted on 4/2/2014 5:18:14 PM by workerbee (The President of the United States is DOMESTIC ENEMY #1!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 60 | View Replies]

quote:

I carried CCW everyday, secretly, during 35D,35E, and MICC course at Ft. huachuca sine they imbedded moose limbs in our classes. I trust them as muc as I do democrats!

87 posted on 4/2/2014 5:21:26 PM by DCBryan1 (No realli, moose bytes can be quite nasti!!)

quote:

To: mark3681
If the muslim soldier is also gay or lesbian, and has corn rows....all is well....Diversity, It’s what’s for lunch!/S

(Every one of those pussies and mussie and f*g loving idiots in the Pentagon need to be run out ion a rail! EVERY ONE OF THEM!)

95 posted on 4/2/2014 5:23:33 PM by MagUSNRET
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 79 | View Replies]

quote:

Fort Hood, Boston Marathon, Fort Hood 2.

Three terror attacks on American soil during this administration?

103 posted on 4/2/2014 5:25:10 PM by Sgt_Schultze (A half-truth is a complete lie)
There were 0 under dubya :bahgawd:

quote:

To: Zeneta; Responsibility2nd
Should be LOCK AND LOAD!

Find the perp, shoot to kill, end of problem.

115 posted on 4/2/2014 5:27:22 PM by unixfox (Abolish Slavery, Repeal the 16th Amendment)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

quote:

To: GreyFriar
Well, everyone knows how to respond to an active shooter. First, blame the tea party. Relentlessly speculate on what kind of tea party person was involved, and how white priveledge influenced his views. Then, when the truth comes out, and he is likely found to be a democrat, drop the focus on the shooter and focus on the guns. Stay on the same pages, everyone.

116 posted on 4/2/2014 5:27:29 PM by Vince Ferrer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

cafel posted:

Feral thugs are extra dangerous because you can't even see them coming when the power goes out. They're like stealth zombies and on top of that they run very fast. You better carry all the time, can't relax, can't relax,.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

cafel posted:

The terrorist would be relying on the fact that as soon as the power goes out black people around the nation would rise up and try to kill whitey.

We can't know, we can only hope.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

cafel posted:

I think I saw that movie but I thought it was sharks???

the floor is baklava
May 4, 2003

SHAME

DemeaninDemon posted:

Oh right they barely understand gravity let alone any of the other forces. Except Dalereed I'm pretty sure he's mastered that dark side force power that lets you live forever.

Well if you've had lung cancer for, what's it been, three years now? You're pretty much immortal.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

quote:

ANY Israeli as well as millions of Arabs and any visitor to the site knows that the two are separate structures. This glaring error compromises the credibility of the article.

Having lived for years in the Middle East, I can tell you that if the al-Aksa mosque or the Dome of the Rock were seriously damaged or destroyed it would unite Muslims worldwide in determination to destroy Israel.

Given the present-day geopolitics of the region, however, it would likely not result in Arab armies attacking Israel as in previous wars. Egypt, the main component of any invasion, is currently preoccupied in reigning in extremist factions, and is not in a position to mount an invasion. As for the other nations bordering Israel, Jordan is impotent as usual, and Syria is wracked by civil war and lacking capability. Hizbollah in Lebanon would likely rain missiles upon Galilee, provoking a strong Israeli response. Likewise, the south would be vulnerable to missiles from Gaza, which also would be suppressed by the Israelis.

The situation, however, could change radically should events change in the nations surrounding Israel. Look to Egypt, the kingpin in any Arab attack. The other wildcard is Turkey, under Erdogan this NATO-equipped Muslim state has turned hostile to Israel. Full disclosure: I am a published author with a dozen books on biblical topics - with two books coming out next year, one of which, To Gog and Magog: a Memoir, deals with an archetypal malignant threat lurking in the Central Asia, periodically striking out from its lair to wreak havoc upon the world.
38 posted on Tuesday, April 1, 2014 8:53:04 PM by tjd1454

What.

Should women be serving on the front lines in combat?

quote:

To: TheProducer
Is this a trick question?

HELL NO!!!
3 posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:08:35 PM by Night Hides Not (For every Ted Cruz we send to DC, I can endure 2-3 "unviable" candidates that beat incumbents.)

quote:

To: TheProducer

So should women be serving in combat?

Well its a good idea, maybe, on paper...butI think they would have a hard time carrying those trays with beer and sandwiches...

6 posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:10:35 PM by Adder (No, Mr. Franklin, we could NOT keep it.)

quote:

I want GIRLS to REGISTER for the DRAFT at 18....just like the GUYS have to do!!! EQUALITY BABY!!!

22 posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:31:07 PM by Ann Archy (Abortion.....the Human Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

Ok everyone what is everyone's plans for this Spring/Summer?

Ok,I'm genuinely curious what Freepers do in their spare time.

quote:

To: US Navy Vet

Having my left knee replaced on 5/27, then my right after I recover.

4 posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:12:48 PM by anoldafvet (If you think the government is capable of taking care of you, just look at the indian tribes)

quote:

I’m just hoping to be able to walk and drive again soon! No, not that serious; broken ankle. Sucks.

9 posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:15:20 PM by logic101.net (How many more children must die on the altar of gun control?)

quote:

Oh I forget take REALLY good care of my 2 new Bee Hives(Italians picking them up on the 11th). I MAY enter some Honey at the Iowa State Fair.

10 posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:17:38 PM by US Navy Vet (Go Packers! Go Rockies! Go Boston Bruins! See, I'm "Diverse"!)

Ok, cool, normal things, hope they have a nice ti-

quote:

Avoid the Fair on “Beat Whitey Night”.

14 posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:24:14 PM by TurboZamboni (Marx smelled bad and lived with his parents .)

Way to ruin it.

quote:

Keep looking for a job. Hopefully..find one.

19 posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:29:59 PM by hoagy62 ("Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered..."-Thomas Paine. 1776)

:smith:

quote:

Going to the big Mouse House in the middle of Florida. I know, I know. But, I have a six-year old and his joy overrides political boycotts.

24 posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:43:38 PM by tnlibertarian (Beat Lamar! And, if that doesn't work, let's defeat him in the primary.)

:unsmith:

quote:

I'm staying at home to take care of my large container veggie/fruit garden. I have put a huge amount of work and money in this first container garden, and I'm not leaving it. The hard work is over. I hope to sit outside on the deck with the roof over it so the Texas sun won't destroy me, with a glass of iced tea, and watch the veggies and fruits develop. No trip would be as enjoyable as that.
29 posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 4:00:55 PM by Marcella (Prepping can save your life today. Going Galt is freedom.)

I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of Freepers who have vegetable gardens

quote:

Job-hunting (and hopefully landing a full-time position), lots of gardening, and volunteering at a local hospital a few times a month.

32 posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 4:20:38 PM by SoKatt
("Change" is not a strategy!)

Well ,cool, he's doing some good, how long until another Freeper messes this pleasant moment up?

quote:

Well.... since I just started my new job at a “big box” store (yay me!)I will be working my tush off (literally) in hopes that at the end of May, I will be among those kept on as a “regular” employee and not “seasonal”. As for the summer - I hope to get to spend some time at the beach with my hubby in between shifts at work :) I’m just so thankful to be working, I don’t really care if we don’t do anything “interesting” just so long as the bills are paid and everybody remains healthy.

44 posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:08:17 PM by Grumpybutt (Look to November)

Spoke too soon

quote:

Waiting for Obama to pull the plug on the banking system, and wondering which city he will nuke and blame the Republicans and the Tea Party.

46 posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:20:50 PM by Arthur McGowan

quote:

Just waiting to see what kind of screw job the Kenyan will force on us next.

GOD will this reign of terror ever end???
47 posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:23:04 PM by Marathoner (When Obama fails, freedom prevails)

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
I'm thoroughly convinced Dalereed is a deep-cover goon.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

quote:

To: Bushbacker1
When I went to Israel last year for my sisters wedding..I saw many Israeli soldiers walking around..ALL ARMED..no one makes a fuss..here its “OMG A GUN A GUN” in Israel, its the norm, you see people walking around with AR-15’s and its just an ordinary day..you don’t hear this “Shelter in place” BS like you have here or people freaking out because they see someone armed with a gun..you can thank the liberals for making this society such wussies that we can’t even defend ourselves anymore

538 posted on 4/2/2014 7:16:09 PM by Sarah Barracuda
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 388 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Captainpaintball
Repeat. The guy was Muslim.

Whatever the name.

That is all.

518 posted on 4/2/2014 7:03:23 PM by combat_boots (The Lion of Judah cometh. Hallelujah. Gloria Patri, Filio et Spiritui Sancto!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 512 | View Replies]

quote:

To: combat_boots
I agree, and I dont believe in coincidences either..just yesterday they issued a bulletin about a jihadi person going on a “Ft Hood style rampage” and then this happens..yeah “Soldier on Soldier” my rear end..that is why he shot 14+ people, because he was pissed off at ONE soldier

527 posted on 4/2/2014 7:08:06 PM by Sarah Barracuda
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 518 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Sarah Barracuda
...Hmm, what do we do?
What do you mean?
The shooter... He's probably a, you know...
A what?
A, you know...(whispers) muslim...
How DARE you? I oughta have you court marshaled for that, mister!
Come on! It's ME you're talking to! Now, come on, help me think. What are we gonna tall the morons?
Hmm...I got it. Any one of those dead written up the last few days?
Yeah. Lopez. He got mad at another soldier the other day over a parking spot...
There's our guy. We tell them he had some part in it, and hope no one questions it.
And what happens when witness say he didn't do it?
Well, then...we were just wrong. I'm just trying to protect the muslims, here, since we've been getting pressure from above. It'll make us look good, you know?
Yeah, this could mean a promotion, or something. Good work !
545 posted on 4/2/2014 7:20:01 PM by Captainpaintball
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 527 | View Replies]

quote:

To: AdmSmith; AnonymousConservative; Berosus; bigheadfred; Bockscar; cardinal4; ColdOne; ...
If this bastard turns out to be another muzzie, ALL muzzies in the US gov’t should HANG.

Thanks halo66.

223 posted on 4/2/2014 5:51:56 PM by SunkenCiv (Obama is now making Jimmy Carter look like Attila the Hun. /focus/news/3138768/posts)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: SunkenCiv
If this bastard turns out to be another muzzie, ALL muzzies in the US gov’t should HANG.
at the end of the log chain dragging behind my pickup truck

548 posted on 4/2/2014 7:25:08 PM by bigheadfred
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 223 | View Replies]

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Good luck to the Freeper entering honey in the state fair!

But Jesus, those comments about the shooting are horror.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, dalereed really has a thing against recalls and liking people dying for GM trying to save ~$1 per car.

quote:

To: alloysteel
It’s defective people, not switches!

A friend of mine that had a tune up and dyno shop over 30 years ago was constantly having the problem when switches on the column came out.

The problem was people having a whole lot of keys on the ring/chain dangling below the ignition which was messing up the switches.

That was all makes nor just GM.

Congress can go stick their investigation up their rear end!!!

4 posted on 4/2/2014 3:41:09 PM by dalereed

quote:

To: The Antiyuppie
There shouldn’t be a recall. it’s defect people not defective switches!

I have no sympathy for stupid people getting killed, the more the better!

13 posted on 4/2/2014 4:11:54 PM by dalereed

quote:

To: dalereed
“I have no sympathy for stupid people getting killed, the more the better!”

You and I probably do or have earned a living from the vagaries of “stupid people”. Dead stupid people are terrible customers.

The bottom line is, that mechanism/switch is supposed to withstand repeated hammer blows to significant government standards. So, it can’t survive 6 ounces of keys??? You think that to be an acceptable design?

15 posted on 4/2/2014 4:18:17 PM by The Antiyuppie ("When small men cast long shadows, then it is very late in the day.")

quote:

To: The Antiyuppie
“You think that to be an acceptable design?”

absolutely!!

17 posted on 4/2/2014 4:23:56 PM by dalereed

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
freepers: I have no sympathy for stupid people getting killed, the more the better!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Doctor Chaxtical posted:

I'm thoroughly convinced Dalereed is a deep-cover goon.

He's been doing it for so long that it wouldn't surprise me if an undercover trolling got him in too deep and he's now actually become the man he joked about.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Sweeney Tom posted:

He's been doing it for so long that it wouldn't surprise me if an undercover trolling got him in too deep and he's now actually become the man he joked about.

Nah, dalereed is one of the few freepers we can be sure isn't a deep cover troll, as jrob has said he knows him irl. It is probably the only thing keeping him from getting zotted as he constantly gets in fights with other freepers, including other long time regulars.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Why does it surprise you that a website full of paranoid doomsday preppers also has home gardening enthusiasts?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Swan Oat posted:

Why does it surprise you that a website full of paranoid doomsday preppers also has home gardening enthusiasts?

I was going to suggest holdovers from the WWII era but your explanation is probably more accurate.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

Swan Oat posted:

Veggie gardening is cool guys. :( It's organic and fun and... drat it I'm not an old man!

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
Holy poo poo a freeper cared more about his little grandson's happiness than his stupid grudges. He better be careful or the other freepers will vampirize his joy until he's a pile of ash.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

kik2dagroin posted:

quote:

To: Bushbacker1
When I went to Israel last year for my sisters wedding..I saw many Israeli soldiers walking around..ALL ARMED..no one makes a fuss..here its “OMG A GUN A GUN” in Israel, its the norm, you see people walking around with AR-15’s and its just an ordinary day..you don’t hear this “Shelter in place” BS like you have here or people freaking out because they see someone armed with a gun..you can thank the liberals for making this society such wussies that we can’t even defend ourselves anymore

538 posted on 4/2/2014 7:16:09 PM by Sarah Barracuda
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 388 | View Replies]

Israel also has gay marriage and an extensive social welfare and healthcare network. :)

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
People wearing out ignition lock assemblies with 1 pound key chains is not really a new thing. File it more under "People killed not maintaining their vehicle" and not "Corporate cost-cutting".

Mechanically ignorant people thinking a car is an object that magically transports them to work should just work flawlessly without precaution or maintenance (until they dump it in 3-4 years for a new one, like a Styrofoam cup) annoys me.

VvV A single-instance anecdote is not evidance of a greater trend, people wearing out their ignition with heavy keys is something i've been talking about for 10 years, and its a problem you can notice developing, and fix easily and cheaply. VvV

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 3, 2014

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

MattD1zzl3 posted:

People wearing out ignition lock assemblies with 1 pound key chains is not really a new thing. File it more under "People killed not maintaining their vehicle" and not "Corporate cost-cutting".

Mechanically ignorant people thinking a car is an object that magically transports them to work should just work flawlessly without precaution or maintenance (until they dump it in 3-4 years for a new one, like a Styrofoam cup) annoys me.

You know, except that during a track day test drive a car reviewer got the defect to happen on a brand new car in front of an engineer assigned to talk about the car features. But hey, who cares about those silly facts.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Dalereed is coming from inside the thread!

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

McDowell posted:

Maybe Dalereed is a triple agent, someone posing as a goon posing as a freeper.

But who's pulling the strings??? :tinfoil:

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Obama. Obama is always pulling the strings.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Holy poo poo a freeper cared more about his little grandson's happiness than his stupid grudges. He better be careful or the other freepers will vampirize his joy until he's a pile of ash.
There is hope. :unsmith:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

McDowell posted:

"Hey don't put a mailbox full of bricks on your keychain, that's dumb" = dalereed

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SedanChair posted:

"Hey don't put a mailbox full of bricks on your keychain, that's dumb" = dalereed

Anubis posted:

You know, except that during a track day test drive a car reviewer got the defect to happen on a brand new car in front of an engineer assigned to talk about the car features. But hey, who cares about those silly facts.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

A single-instance anecdote is not evidance of a greater trend

THose fuckin kids and their keychains. It's their fault I know it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Nckdictator posted:

I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of Freepers who have vegetable gardens

You'd think they would have soured on them after Michelle planted one at the White House.

• Locked thread