Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

I don't think the Neo Zeong was in the Unicorn novels, if I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure it's in Unicorn episode 7 because Bandai wanted to sell a big rear end model.

To be fair the Banshee didn't get an upgrade in the novels or even anything outside of a different paint job and horn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The Unicorn Phenex wasn't in the books or the show, Unicorn just prints money for Bandai. That's why they're doing the Origin movies, high quality animation of UC suits is the best advertisement they can get

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Phenex was in a sidestory written by Unicorn's author.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

boom boom boom posted:

The Unicorn Phenex wasn't in the books or the show, Unicorn just prints money for Bandai. That's why they're doing the Origin movies, high quality animation of UC suits is the best advertisement they can get

Oh man, are there gonna be more UC79 kits coming out? I'd love to see a new MG Guncannon, Rick Dom, or Z'gok.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Anonymous Robot posted:

Oh man, are there gonna be more UC79 kits coming out? I'd love to see a new MG Guncannon, Rick Dom, or Z'gok.

At the very least we can expect there to be a new RX-78, new Zaku, new Guncannon, and maybe a new GM and Guntank.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BlitzBlast posted:

Phenex was in a sidestory written by Unicorn's author.

wasn't it for like, some event at Gundam Front? and they had the kit ready to sell there too? They basically said, hey we want to make another Unicorn model. come up with another color we can mold it in

TARDISman posted:

At the very least we can expect there to be a new RX-78, new Zaku, new Guncannon, and maybe a new GM and Guntank.

I really want a Master Grade of the other RX-78, the yellow one with the visor

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

wasn't it for like, some event at Gundam Front? and they had the kit ready to sell there too? They basically said, hey we want to make another Unicorn model. come up with another color we can mold it in

I really want a Master Grade of the other RX-78, the yellow one with the visor

The RX-78-01 that was in the prologue? I can see that being an online exclusive, it's different but not quite enough to get its own retail release.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I remember a while back that there was talk of a new service from Bandai for ordering frames, has that happened? And is it available outside of Japan?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Turned out to be a hoax I think. All of the usual parts order services have started back up again.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

BlitzBlast posted:

Turned out to be a hoax I think. All of the usual parts order services have started back up again.

What are some good ones? I have some ideas that I miggt be able to do more cheaply that way.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If you live in California (specifically the Bay Area), Tatsu Hobby is pretty rad since you can waive shipping costs by just driving over and picking them up. Otherwise your options are either GK parts (who are solid, but constantly backlogged by orders) and GG Infinite (who I have never tried before but are probably slow as balls because that is kind of their thing).

Either way I wouldn't recommend parts ordering as a budget option because the cost balloons rapidly the more parts you want. Want to get, say, all of the unique runners on the MG FA Gundam? ~$21 per runner. There are five runners. Do the math. They're best when you have actually just lost a piece or two.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

There's no source at all so I dunno why you're assuming Bandai announced it. Could be right off 2chan or something.

Honestly the more I look at the image the more I think it's fake. The resolution of the HGBF on the top left clashes with everything else, Bandai usually says "Roll Out" not "Release", and the image is still kind of jaggy from being taken right off the website. Crossing my fingers I guess since I'd like a kit of it.

GG Infinite seems to be taking preorders for it, so looks like it might well be the genuine article. I was a bit wary of the date as well, but considering they went as far as pricing it and that it's existence fairly reasonable reasonable, I figured it was 50-50 odds.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
HLJ has it listed too, and I already preordered it and if it's not real I'm going to be contacting my uncle at nintendo

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Metal build ARX-8 just went up for sale. If this message is more than 5 min old, too slow old man!
Good luck paying double for it in 6 months.

https://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-005284

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Sold out in like three minutes.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

GG Infinite seems to be taking preorders for it, so looks like it might well be the genuine article. I was a bit wary of the date as well, but considering they went as far as pricing it and that it's existence fairly reasonable reasonable, I figured it was 50-50 odds.

Sweet. Here's hoping they make a new mold.
Oh who am I kidding, it's 1620 yen.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlitzBlast posted:

It was up for a solid 8 min. I would have posted sooner, but I was too busy F5ing for this bad boy
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=TOY-RBT-1598-S001
Totally snagged one brah! :razz:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Sweet. Here's hoping they make a new mold.
Oh who am I kidding, it's 1620 yen.

Looking at the general design, most of it could probably come off the Zaku Amazing mold.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Still waiting for that MG Gundam X Maoh announcement here Bandai. :colbert:

(still, the fact that we even got an Mg X and MG TurnX is amazing though)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Zedd posted:

Still waiting for that MG Gundam X Maoh announcement here Bandai. :colbert:

(still, the fact that we even got an Mg X and MG TurnX is amazing though)

I think you meant MG Fenice. :colbert:

Caros
May 14, 2008

S-Alpha posted:

I think you meant MG Fenice. :colbert:

I think you mean MG Fenice Rinascita. :colbert:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I actually want the vanilla version so I can make this monstrosity:

(And then use the leftover parts to make a wingless version.)

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
After watching episode 25 of Build Fighters a few times I've been seized by inspiration but there's one hole in my idea. Does anyone know a way to get the mantle from a Crossbone Full Cloth that would fit an HG scale kit? If I can get hold of one then my future Crossbone Maoh Full Cloth will be awesome.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ActionZero posted:

After watching episode 25 of Build Fighters a few times I've been seized by inspiration but there's one hole in my idea. Does anyone know a way to get the mantle from a Crossbone Full Cloth that would fit an HG scale kit? If I can get hold of one then my future Crossbone Maoh Full Cloth will be awesome.

The only thing that would work is if you buy the Robot Damashii Full Cloth X1 and use parts off of that.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You'd be better off just buying some fabric and making it yourself if you want something to fit on a HG Crossbone.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

BlitzBlast posted:

You'd be better off just buying some fabric and making it yourself if you want something to fit on a HG Crossbone.

The Full Cloth is solid, you're thinking of the ABC mantle.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ActionZero posted:

He was talking about the mantle too!

EDIT: V Welp, I don't know nearly enough about clothing. :negative:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 3, 2014

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
He's right, by mantle I was referring to the huge solid shield that goes around its shoulders. That's totally a mantle.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Just wait for the inevitable hguc 1/144 full cloth x-1 kai kai, if you are patient

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I thought I'd share some cool paint jobs I've seen on tumblr.

This one had the tag Qan[T] Dark Matter.

Its a much better red than the dark matter kit we got. And the sword effects are awesome. Did those come with the DM Exia?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

You'd think you'd see more digital camo on MS.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Silentman0 posted:

Injecting-mold kits say "no". But it does look drat good though :allears:. On a general Kampfer side-note, I kinda wish Bandai would've tossed in one of the Kampfer shotguns with the Amazing, because it has the butt-holster slot and grip to hold one of them and nothing else fits in the drat thing.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I've definitely seen a lot of digicamo paintjobs but it always looks really garish and bad to me. That one is pretty good though, as it's not too busy.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

And the 3.0 is done! Well I mean I still have to decal/topcoat the bazookas, gundam hammer, and beam javelin but I'm almost never going to use those so I'll just do them some other time.

I'm not really a big fan of the RG "decals absolutely everywhere" aesthetic, so I kept things simple. I also didn't like how the magenta decals looked, so I tried to avoid using any of them. Mostly succeeded, with the exception of the bazooka.

One of the cool things about the web-exclusive bonus pack is that they give you three full sets of decals. Because of this I got to do a lot of silly things, like having full shoulder decals on both sides and distributing the six ankle flap decals all over the body.

Obligatory Core Fighter shot. Should have painted Amuro, but gently caress getting him out of this thing.

That's one kit done, way too many left. Probably going to focus on the V2 next.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Silentman0 posted:

Mainly because digital camo is incredibly bad at its job and looks tacky to boot.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Broken Loose posted:

Mainly because digital camo is incredibly bad at its job and looks tacky to boot.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I really don't like digital camo paintjobs, it always looks goofy to me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

And the 3.0 is done! Well I mean I still have to decal/topcoat the bazookas, gundam hammer, and beam javelin but I'm almost never going to use those so I'll just do them some other time.

I'm not really a big fan of the RG "decals absolutely everywhere" aesthetic, so I kept things simple. I also didn't like how the magenta decals looked, so I tried to avoid using any of them. Mostly succeeded, with the exception of the bazooka.

One of the cool things about the web-exclusive bonus pack is that they give you three full sets of decals. Because of this I got to do a lot of silly things, like having full shoulder decals on both sides and distributing the six ankle flap decals all over the body.

Obligatory Core Fighter shot. Should have painted Amuro, but gently caress getting him out of this thing.

That's one kit done, way too many left. Probably going to focus on the V2 next.

That looks like it turned out pretty drat well. How big (and what's in) your backlog, out of curiosity?

edit: What're the kits in the background of the second pic? Looks like a Unicorn and a Gundam X Maoh?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Uh, let me check my list.

quote:

----------------------------------------------
IN-PROGRESS

1. MG Gundam X
+ Paint inner frame.
+ Kit bash on the 1/100 X Divider's backpack.

2. HGUC Unicorn Gundam [Destroy Mode]
+ Needs to be touched up first.
+ Practice brushing silver behind the clear pieces.
+ Use Testor's Metallic Silver on one side, Vallejo Silver on the other.

3. HGUC Victory 2 Gundam
+ Weathered build.

ON-HOLD

1. HGUC Nu Gundam HWS
+ Painted build.
+ Apply waterslides.

2. HGAW Double X Gundam
+ Painted build.
+ Apply waterslides.

3. HGUC Sazabi
+ Painted build.
+ Apply waterslides.

4. HG 00 Gundam
+ Combine with the Arios into a customized build.
+ Repaint.
+ Create two separate backpack configurations.
(Full Thrusters, Double Saber)

5. HGAW Gundam X Divider
+ Painted build.
+ Apply waterslides.

6. HGUC Double Zeta Gundam
+ Will be combined with the 1/144 FAZZ.
+ Painted build.

PLANNED

1. MG Exia Repair II
+ Straight build.
+ Apply waterslides from Samuel Decal.

2. RG Zeta Gundam
+ Straight build.

3. HGCC Turn A
+ Straight build.
+ Paint eyes red to fit with Moonlight Butterfly.
+ Custom display base; recreate the animation of the Moonlight Butterfly.

4. GX-Bit
+ Conversion kit for HGAW Gundam X.
+ Apply waterslides from Samuel Decal.

5. 1/100 GX Divider
+ Straight build.
+ Use it for the guide.

6. MG Nu Gundam vKa
+ Buy new kit.
+ Use the BTF Customized Fin Funnels.

7. MG Zeta Gundam 2.0
+ Clean up old kit.
+ Order new HML.
+ Buy waterslides.

8. MG Full Armor Unicorn Gundam
+ Clean up old kit.
+ Give weapons to friends.
+ Back the transparent pieces with silver where possible.

9. HG Amazing Exia [Complete]
+ Fuse HG Exia RII and HG Exia Dark Matter.
+ Consider finding a way to do Amazing Exia Repair.
+ Maybe make a F91 Imagine with it.

And yeah, that's the Unicorn and the X Divider's bottom half.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is still a backlog if you havent made a dent in over a year?
The last thing I built was bearguy-san and it was really quick.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
You got the shadow fox and fire fox? nice, they're one of the few zoids kits that grabbed my interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

muike posted:

You got the shadow fox and fire fox? nice, they're one of the few zoids kits that grabbed my interest.

they use most of the same molds, but the shadowfox's plastic is much higher quality for some reason

• Locked thread