Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Dux Supremus posted:

It's a little variable depending on your OS and its settings, but the fastest way in Windows 7: Control Panel → System & Security → System (RAM) → Device Manager → Displayer Adapter (video card). You probably need to look up your video card's VRAM with a quick Google search, and there's probably also some other way of checking it, but that should take about 10 seconds or less.

So apparently I have 4 GB RAM, and according to this page my graphics card has 2048 MB VRAM? So then the calculation would be 2048 + 4096 - 2048 = 4096? Does that sound possible or does it look like I might be using the wrong values?

EDIT: That seems to have fixed it. Let me know if I risk blowing up my pc or something while playing skyrim, though.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Mar 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I had Interesting NPCs installed and decided to kick out Hjoromir because I felt I had one too many followers. So I stripped him of all his stuff, dismissed him, saved, then quit.

Today I installed a few new mods (one of which was the combined Open Cities + Interesting NPCs + Inconsequential NPCs patch) and now a naked Hjoromir won't stop following me, even if I tell him to wait or dismiss him again. Even trying to disable him in the console does nothing. I'm guessing it's the patch, but I don't really want to mess with my load order too much since that's a patch for 3 other mods. Anyone seen this before?

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

sticklefifer posted:

I had Interesting NPCs installed and decided to kick out Hjoromir because I felt I had one too many followers. So I stripped him of all his stuff, dismissed him, saved, then quit.

Today I installed a few new mods (one of which was the combined Open Cities + Interesting NPCs + Inconsequential NPCs patch) and now a naked Hjoromir won't stop following me, even if I tell him to wait or dismiss him again. Even trying to disable him in the console does nothing. I'm guessing it's the patch, but I don't really want to mess with my load order too much since that's a patch for 3 other mods. Anyone seen this before?

Maybe he just wants his stuff back?

Serious answer: while I don't have any experience with the mods you listed, perhaps you can revert to an earlier save where he is still your follower, apply that patch, and only then dismiss him, see if that works.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
One of the sub-menus in Amazing Follower Tweaks actually ended up working. I ended up turning off Open Cities anyway because it made my system grind to a halt. Took it off along with the depencencies, did some new ENB tweaks, cleaned all my dirty mods with TES5Edit, and my build is not only gorgeous but barely stutters at all (aside from when I load a new area, but that's because I have a video card from 2008).

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Is there any way to find out the FormID of a cell from in-game, or at least without using the CK? Im trying to get the IDs for the road between Honningbrew Meadery and Valtheim Towers to block ASIS from running in those cells, because there are so many varied spawn points in that area that my game grinds to a goddamn near-halt. >:|

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

So, I decided to come back to Skyrim (:suicide:) and I've found a mod named Requiem that looks interesting. Are there goons that tried it, I'm interested to hear your thoughts since it's kinda big and changes a lot.

Oh, and I really like Better Shaped Weapons, it slims trims down the fat on most vanilla weapons and I think they look nice. Just, uhhh, ignore the dumb comments on pictures.

Sorry if those mods were already discussed in this monstrosity of a thread, I quickly scoured the OP and found nothing.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Deltasquid posted:

Forgive my tech 101 question, but how do I figure out both my RAM and VRAM needed for this calculation?

What Dux Supremus said is true, but to give you just a little more info on this:

If you run DXDiag (just type dxdiag into your start menu's search bar and press enter) and click on the "Display" tab on top of the window that pops up, you'll see a panel with three boxes. In the "Device" box, there'll be a line that says "Approx. Total Memory", and there'll be a number next to it which is (as far as DirectX is concerned) the total amount of memory (in megabytes) your video card is capable of using on your computer.

That number is what you should set the "VideoMemorySizeMb=" setting to in your enblocal.ini.

The "ReservedMemorySizeMb=" setting that Scyantific mentioned tells your ENB how much space to leave open in your video memory for non-texture things (like physics calculations and stuff), from what I've been able to dredge up on it, you'll only want to set it at either 256 (if you've got less than 2 gigs of video memory) or 512 (if you've got more than 2 gigs of video memory).

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Sorry if this has been answered but how do I go about using a Duelshock 4 for Skyrim? It seems to work for most games but not Skyrim.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Sorry if this has been answered but how do I go about using a Duelshock 4 for Skyrim? It seems to work for most games but not Skyrim.

Are you using the XInput Wrapper?

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Yeah I was being dumb and didn't install the Windows controller drivers first because my old Xbox controller was just plug and play. Fixed it. lesson learned.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

Is there any way to find out the FormID of a cell from in-game, or at least without using the CK? Im trying to get the IDs for the road between Honningbrew Meadery and Valtheim Towers to block ASIS from running in those cells, because there are so many varied spawn points in that area that my game grinds to a goddamn near-halt. >:|

I always wondered why this was happening to me. If you figure this out, could you post it here so I can do the same?

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Phone posting so I don't have a link handy but I believe the mod STATUS has player location by CK coordinates among the info it shows in the MCM. Also I think a mod called "Where in Oblivion are you" has the same info.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Phone posting so I don't have a link handy but I believe the mod STATUS has player location by CK coordinates among the info it shows in the MCM. Also I think a mod called "Where in Oblivion are you" has the same info.

I don't need the coordinates, I need the form ID of the cell, and the CK is a loving nightmare to maneuver through.

quote:

I always wondered why this was happening to me. If you figure this out, could you post it here so I can do the same?

Absolutely. My best guess is that with so many spawn points along a relatively open area makes ASIS/Automatic variants go loving crazy: Valtheim Towers, Fellglow Keep, White River Watch, the Ritual Stone, a giant encampment, plus there's a bunch of wildlife spawn points alongside the road as well as alongside the river (I ran across 20+ Mudcrabs at one spawn point.) with the ASIS and AV scripts running on every single spawn.

Hence why I'm trying to exclude those cells, which I need the form IDs to do.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 1, 2014

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

I don't need the coordinates, I need the form ID of the cell, and the CK is a loving nightmare to maneuver through.

Now that I'm at a computer I can confirm that STATUS does show the formID.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Now that I'm at a computer I can confirm that STATUS does show the formID.

Awesome.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Disco Infiva posted:

So, I decided to come back to Skyrim (:suicide:) and I've found a mod named Requiem that looks interesting. Are there goons that tried it, I'm interested to hear your thoughts since it's kinda big and changes a lot.

I haven't played it myself, but it's prompted a couple of lengthy discussions. It's pretty divisive, because it ramps up the difficulty in the tradition of old school RPG's. I'm on the side that says throwing balance out the window and deliberately obscuring important info for no good reason isn't a good idea.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Do you want to play as heavy armor sword and board guy? Then Requiem is for you. If you want to play as anything else the mod encourages to go die in a fire.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

You are right, I played it a bit and had trouble finishing intro dungeon. Enemies can kill me in 1/2 hits, while I need to hit them a dozen times. The only way I managed to finish it is by hiding behind Hardvar's/Ralof's skirt. And that was with heavy armor/sword and board guy. :v:

Even with tweaking the mod, it was a ballbusting experience. But I do like the general idea of that mod, and would like to see it better balanced.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
Anyone tried out that epic combat thing?

I'd read the description, but it's by the same retard that did the civil war overhaul.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Dongicus posted:

Anyone tried out that epic combat thing?

I'd read the description, but it's by the same retard that did the civil war overhaul.

Nah, i just assume that someone so far up his own rear end and capable of producing a mod description that reads like a geocities webpage brings that level of skill to his mods aswell.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I've been building Lakeview Manor in Hearthfire, and I've noticed that the weapon racks don't work. Is there any way to fix this? Googling it suggests I should start a brand new game, then build the entirety of the exterior layout without ever going inside, and THEN go inside. Please tell me I don't have to nuke from orbit and start over AGAIN...

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Iunnrais posted:

I've been building Lakeview Manor in Hearthfire, and I've noticed that the weapon racks don't work. Is there any way to fix this? Googling it suggests I should start a brand new game, then build the entirety of the exterior layout without ever going inside, and THEN go inside. Please tell me I don't have to nuke from orbit and start over AGAIN...

Have you tried wielding the weapon AND having it unsheated when activating the rack? That worked for me last playthrough.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

What are THE audio mods I should be using? Weapons, armor, music, ambient, whatever, it doesn't matter, as long as it makes Skyrim feel "fuller".

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Upmarket Mango posted:

What are THE audio mods I should be using? Weapons, armor, music, ambient, whatever, it doesn't matter, as long as it makes Skyrim feel "fuller".

I'm interested in hearing about weapon and magic sound replacements too. For extra music I use Fantasy Soundtrack Project, which grew out of the Fantasy Music Overhaul I used to use. The stuff it adds fits pretty well, though for a mod that boasts 10+ hours of music I find the same stuff popping up a lot.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Upmarket Mango posted:

I can't play without the "Immersive Sounds" series, aspecially the magic mod in the serious is really nice and different:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40190/

If you click her username you can see the rest in the series.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Dongattack posted:

Nah, i just assume that someone so far up his own rear end and capable of producing a mod description that reads like a geocities webpage brings that level of skill to his mods aswell.

He's been busy. Too bad I can't tell what the Combat Drama Overhaul really does because he communicates like a mentally deragned five year old. Does it add new animations or just camera angles?

Edit: MY EYES AND BRAIN. Looks like camera angles, and its compatible with DoD.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 2, 2014

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Alasyre posted:

He's been busy. Too bad I can't tell what the Combat Drama Overhaul really does because he communicates like a mentally deragned five year old. Does it add new animations or just camera angles?

Edit: MY EYES AND BRAIN. Looks like camera angles, and its compatible with DoD.

gently caress me, that's horrendous.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Dongattack posted:

I can't play without the "Immersive Sounds" series, aspecially the magic mod in the serious is really nice and different:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40190/

If you click her username you can see the rest in the series.

Didn't someone discover some kind of problem or something with the immersive sounds series? I seem to remember a strong recommendation not to use them, I hope I'm wrong though, would be good to be able to add them.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Davoren posted:

Didn't someone discover some kind of problem or something with the immersive sounds series? I seem to remember a strong recommendation not to use them, I hope I'm wrong though, would be good to be able to add them.

I havent had a problem i could trace back to it atleast.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Another audio pack, Sounds of Skyrim, had some compatibility issues with expansions, but I think they've been resolved with patches or plugins. I played for a little bit with it and didn't end up too impressed. The Wilds pack is nice, but the Civilization one isn't so great. Sound bites cut out too quickly, and you hear loud tavern chatter even when there are only 3 people in a bar so it can be really jarring sometimes.

On a whim I started trying out different ENBs. Whatever you do, don't try to install Project M.A.T.S.O. It is the bloom-heaviest thing I've ever seen. I was in a dungeon and it looked like I was an underwater cave made of blurry glowing crayons. There's a tweak with less saturation that's supposed to work with Climates of Tamriel, but it looked so awful overall that I didn't want to go any further with it. I didn't save anything so I should be able to undo it.

Is there an ENB that's a bit less graphically intense than ProjectENB and Seasons of Skyrim, but is compatible with CoT? I was using SoS but to make it playable I had to cut out a lot of features and then shadows ended up looking like rear end. Has anyone tried ULO?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Oh yeah, now I remember, it was Sounds of Skyrim I'm thinking of, guess I'm downloading Immersive then!

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Is LOOT (Boss v3) wortj using yet? With BOSS v2.2.0 I'm having to create tons of user rules since it isn't recognising a lot of my plugins.

Burns
May 10, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Is there an ENB that's a bit less graphically intense than ProjectENB and Seasons of Skyrim, but is compatible with CoT? I was using SoS but to make it playable I had to cut out a lot of features and then shadows ended up looking like rear end. Has anyone tried ULO?

I've been using Phinix ENB but that one doesnt look like its been updated in some time.

Nova88 posted:

Is LOOT (Boss v3) wortj using yet? With BOSS v2.2.0 I'm having to create tons of user rules since it isn't recognising a lot of my plugins.

I tried it briefly and it was a mess of a load order.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

So I installed the Paarthurnax Dilemma, completed Dragonslayer, and went to talk to the Blades. Delphine congratulated me on killing Alduin, and then told me (again) that Paarthurnax had to die. Then I talked to Paarthurnax, who said that he wouldn't trust another dragon, but he was trustworthy. Then I went back to Delphine, who... had the same dialogue as before. How do I unlock the "argue with the Blades about whether to kill Paarthurnax" dialogue?

There is no quest in my journal, so I can't just activate it and look for quest markers. The console commands to get/set/show quest stages just have numbers for stages, not the journal text that matches, so I can't tell what stage might be stuck since the numbering's presumably different from the base MQPaarthurnax quest. Resetting the quest via the console causes Delphine to ask me to recruit someone into the Blades and not have any Paarthurnax-related dialogue at all.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Saint Sputnik posted:

I'm interested in hearing about weapon and magic sound replacements too. For extra music I use Fantasy Soundtrack Project, which grew out of the Fantasy Music Overhaul I used to use. The stuff it adds fits pretty well, though for a mod that boasts 10+ hours of music I find the same stuff popping up a lot.

Did they ever fix the volume leveling on this mod? When I tried it a while back, I had to turn the music volume all the way up, every other sound option almost to 0, and turn my speakers 3/4 the way to the right just to hear it.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

zonohedron posted:

So I installed the Paarthurnax Dilemma, completed Dragonslayer, and went to talk to the Blades. Delphine congratulated me on killing Alduin, and then told me (again) that Paarthurnax had to die. Then I talked to Paarthurnax, who said that he wouldn't trust another dragon, but he was trustworthy. Then I went back to Delphine, who... had the same dialogue as before. How do I unlock the "argue with the Blades about whether to kill Paarthurnax" dialogue?

There is no quest in my journal, so I can't just activate it and look for quest markers. The console commands to get/set/show quest stages just have numbers for stages, not the journal text that matches, so I can't tell what stage might be stuck since the numbering's presumably different from the base MQPaarthurnax quest. Resetting the quest via the console causes Delphine to ask me to recruit someone into the Blades and not have any Paarthurnax-related dialogue at all.

I think you have to talk to Arngeir too? I dunno

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

YellerBill posted:

I tried that, too, with no luck. However, I found the thread for the mod on the Nexus forums, where I discovered that the mod apparently has to be loaded last, or quest stage 40 doesn't show up. I changed my load order, saw that quest stage 40 showed up in sqs, set the quest to stage 40, and had the dialogue option to argue with Delphine.

I'm... not particularly impressed with the quality of the writing in the new dialogue, but I was able to "argue with" Delphine and complete the quest without killing Paarthurnax, at least :toot:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

YellerBill posted:

I know that I did, no idea if it was optional though. After that it was just a matter of clicking through some lame dialogue with the Blades.

E: guess you already solved it.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

zonohedron posted:

I'm... not particularly impressed with the quality of the writing in the new dialogue, but I was able to "argue with" Delphine and complete the quest without killing Paarthurnax, at least :toot:

:byodame: But Paarthurnax must die!
:black101: No, rash fool! Paarthurnax is but a peaceful remnant of darker days. Take as an example these oblivion gates that still mark the land...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

sticklefifer posted:

So I started using this and it both looks great and runs well, but my nights are WAY too dark. Like pitch black outside of any minor light source, even in cities. Is there an .ini setting that handles exterior darkness? In-game brightness doesn't seem to do anything, and it's not another mod because I disabled all other lighting mods to make sure (except Wearable Lanterns, which helps a bit). Everything else about it is great otherwise, and it's even compatible with CoT so I don't lose all the good weather stuff.

• Locked thread