Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Lifeleech cores are never coming back, and they've said they're concepting to get a replacement in, and will have a trade-in programme once they announce what they're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Pimpmust posted:

And your build is respecced for free whenever they do a big review change too.

I haven't bought a single one, barely bothered with the quest-line and I got like 17 respec potions sitting in my stash. Not exactly dropping like candy, but somewhat more common than uniques?

Less common than uniques, I think, except affected strongly by SIF. During Boonfest I got about one or two retcons per xdef.

Orgone Accumulator
Jan 28, 2006

It's been a long time coming.
I do wish they'd make cores a little more interesting, especially considering how many of them drop with essentially nothing on them.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I'll just hold on to the LL cores I've been hoarding, but frankly I've always preferred the extra 25% health/spirit ever since they added a dedicated health pack key. The heroes I have that can deal enough damage that 0.5% LL will keep them alive while tanking, tend to need to spend a lot of spirit to output that kind of damage, so the 25% cores help with that anyway. The really fragile heroes that you would think need LL tend to get low on health so quickly they have to back away from a fight for a few seconds, rendering the LL useless anyway.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Orgone Accumulator posted:

I do wish they'd make cores a little more interesting, especially considering how many of them drop with essentially nothing on them.

They've already thrown around new affix ideas.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I would kill for a LL core with my deadpool. His healing factor shares a cooldown with healthpacks, and is way better, so the 25% cores do nothing for me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's a good runeword and medallion for melee Ms. Marvel?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Aphrodite posted:

Hydra/Vikings Vitality

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I'll ask again before jumping to the official forums (:barf:), does anyone have a decent Doctor Strange endgame Cosmic/XDefense build?

gently caress it, AOE4lyfe

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 3, 2014

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So it sounds like Team Ups might be delayed until next week because Marvel's got some particular changes that need to be made to Falcon and Firestar before they can go in-game (Falcon's wing angles are wrong and Firestar's powers look too much like flames instead of microwaves) but they should still go onto the test server this week, and the rest of the stuff they'd been meaning to push live should still go live anyway.

Or maybe Marvel will approve the changes instantly and it will go live tomorrow.

Nobody knows!

But in other news, Shirtless Gambit is still coming and wasn't canceled or anything, everyone can rest easy knowing that he's just been pushed back a bit.

And here's a picture of Thor's next costume:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Any word on Black Widow?

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
I take it there's no regret window for sales like the BOGO. I want to buy a character now but I can't bring myself to do it knowing I just missed BOGO.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

StashAugustine posted:

Any word on Black Widow?

Her new costume(Fear Itself) is going live this weekend, as is Cap's new movie costume. I think her rework is supposed to as well but we'll see what happens.

It sounds like Marvel approval has thrown a bunch of wrenches into things in general.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

Any word on Black Widow?

Still waiting on the planets to align and Haley's Comet to circle back around.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Kelp Plankton posted:

So it sounds like Team Ups might be delayed until next week because Marvel's got some particular changes that need to be made to Falcon and Firestar before they can go in-game (Falcon's wing angles are wrong and Firestar's powers look too much like flames instead of microwaves) but they should still go onto the test server this week, and the rest of the stuff they'd been meaning to push live should still go live anyway.

Or maybe Marvel will approve the changes instantly and it will go live tomorrow.

Nobody knows!

But in other news, Shirtless Gambit is still coming and wasn't canceled or anything, everyone can rest easy knowing that he's just been pushed back a bit.

And here's a picture of Thor's next costume:

Is Thor this week or next week? Also is the patch tomorrow or Friday?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

Strange to delay the whole thing when they have 2 they can release in the meantime.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

i am not banned any more, and i carried a group of people to level seventy (70) in x def

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Spudsly posted:

I take it there's no regret window for sales like the BOGO. I want to buy a character now but I can't bring myself to do it knowing I just missed BOGO.

The 1 year anniversary of the game is coming up soon, wait it out - there is sure to be SOMETHING.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Eiffel On You posted:

Still waiting on the planets to align and Haley's Comet to circle back around.

More like Hale-Bopp.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I guess I'm just uniquely screwed on urus, then. Oh well. I may get a lot of rune drops but pretty much every runeword requires at least one rune that never drops for me either and the base stat bonus on them really isn't big enough for me to worry about one way or the other, especially since I'm not that into min-maxing and I'm not really playing characters once they hit 60.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

a cock shaped fruit posted:

The 1 year anniversary of the game is coming up soon, wait it out - there is sure to be SOMETHING.

Jesus christ a one year anniversary already? I haven't played much of anything else since this came out.

Well, except Euro Truck Simulator. And Farming Simulator. Also Warehouse Logistics Forklift Simulator. Pretty much those things and Marvel Heroes. What the gently caress is wrong with me.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
BP fans: What runeword should I put on T'challa? I was thinking probably Viking's Vitality or Lunar Eclipse.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mahasamatman posted:

BP fans: What runeword should I put on T'challa? I was thinking probably Viking's Vitality or Lunar Eclipse.

For a basicless build you can't go wrong with Lunar.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
ChikiBriki and I were in Holo-Sim when a VIP wave started...

That ended up being around 30k credits from a single wave. It was insane.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Hydra/Vikings Vitality

Don't do this. You can get more DR out of other medallions and she doesn't need the defensive part of Vitality.

Aphrodite posted:

Kingpin and Bone Breaker.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Don't do this. You can get more DR out of other medallions and she doesn't need the defensive part of Vitality.
show yr work~

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

most melee ms marvel builds do a significant portion of energy damage via crashdown/photonic wave anyways, so neutral DR is very strong for her.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
:laffo: If you manage to kill holosim pyro with bugged strange you automatically lose.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

AHungryRobot posted:

:laffo: If you manage to kill holosim pyro with bugged strange you automatically lose.

It does tell you not to kill him doesn't it?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

nickhimself posted:

What's a VIP wave?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

nickhimself posted:

How many boosts did you buy?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

a cock shaped fruit posted:

What's a VIP wave?

The new wave, where you have to save people from a crashed SHIELD aircraft.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

AHungryRobot posted:

Pyronic posted:

It does tell you not to kill him doesn't it?

Correct. Pubbies can't understand that this wave, the objective is to Save The Citizens, and DO NOT KILL PYRO!. Don't matter WHO you use, you kill Pyro, you lose.

Goons, once told about it, grasp the concept. Pubbies are still arguing about it on the forums.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

So I had reinstalled the game and forgotten my old account info, made a new one....then my friend gifted me Civ V so I completely forgot about this game.

Played MH over the weekend, completely awesome. Had a great time as Punisher, so I went ahead and dropped some cash to grab a few heroes, since I was thoroughly enjoying myself and BOGO was going on.

I now have Punisher, Cyclops, Hulk, Gambit, Deadpool, Iron Man, Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel.

Do any of these stand out as significantly better than the others? Or significantly worse? From the second post it seems like I got a pretty good set and it might just be preference.

Also I leveled Cyke to 50 for the synergy but after a while he's pretty boring. Crazy AOE damage, though.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Iron Man, Gambit, and Ms Marvel are you best in show there.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'd put Cyke over Gambit but if he's boring you those three probably have the most varied builds in the game.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Kinster posted:

So I had reinstalled the game and forgotten my old account info, made a new one....then my friend gifted me Civ V so I completely forgot about this game.

Played MH over the weekend, completely awesome. Had a great time as Punisher, so I went ahead and dropped some cash to grab a few heroes, since I was thoroughly enjoying myself and BOGO was going on.

I now have Punisher, Cyclops, Hulk, Gambit, Deadpool, Iron Man, Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel.

Do any of these stand out as significantly better than the others? Or significantly worse? From the second post it seems like I got a pretty good set and it might just be preference.

Also I leveled Cyke to 50 for the synergy but after a while he's pretty boring. Crazy AOE damage, though.

Ms. Marvel is OP as poo poo. Iron Man is ~top tier~. Gambit is pretty OK now I guess IDK. Cyclops is powerful but boring. Hawkeye is good but you're a goon so there's an excellent chance you're a dummy who won't appreciate him.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

When you click on a linked item in chat and get Invalid Entry, switch chat tabs, and it should work just fine.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

angerbot posted:

Iron Man, Gambit, and Ms Marvel are you best in show there.

Hulk strongest one there is!

seriously, he is better than those 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Is there a particular OP ms marvel build? Iv been using lunge build but I don't have the warsuit so I'm feeling a bit lackluster.

• Locked thread