Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Klewer posted:

you can get lightning hair from the aesthetician. i'm pretty sure the quest is only for her outfit.

You had to at least do the first quest, I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah I just double checked to make sure and it's not available for me. :sigh:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Has Yoshi ever commented on if the FF13 hairs will ever be buyable (with real money or something) I was totally swamped with work for both events and didn't get a chance and now everyone with Lightning's is taunting me because all of the catgirl hairs besides like one sucks. :argh:

Also I'm sure I'm not alone in this problem but I'm getting Jobitis and it sucks. I've solidified WHM as my main role but everytime I level something else for fun I get to like 30 and then think about how cool that other job looks...Maybe I should level that instead... :negative:

Max out all jobs, steal all the loot in coil.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

SpazmasterX posted:

Got my noct body! My bulk is supreme.

I love the WAR AF+1 but that armor looks great

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Klewer posted:

you can get lightning hair from the aesthetician. i'm pretty sure the quest is only for her outfit.

Hair was also part of the quest, but like, a reward from step 1.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Doublestep posted:

Max out all jobs, steal all the loot in coil.

Lothire? Is that you?

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Shove 'em up there again, Dennehy! This time I'll try to just solve the reds!
So apparently not only can you get an Atma from a failed FATE, you dont even have to get bronze. A guildie of mine has been testing this by running in and tagging single mobs then leaving. He's obtained 2 Atmas now this way.

EDIT: Actually it turns out simply hitting an enemy once gets you bronze. And since there's about 50 people running around completing them for me, I don't even have to worry about them failing.

Holidae fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 2, 2014

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Holidae posted:

So apparently not only can you get an Atma from a failed FATE, you dont even have to get bronze. A guildie of mine has been testing this by running in and tagging single mobs then leaving. He's obtained 2 Atmas now this way.

EDIT: Actually it turns out simply hitting an enemy once gets you bronze. And since there's about 50 people running around completing them for me, I don't even have to worry about them failing.

What region are you in that has more than one fate going on at any given time? I've generally found that roving atma bands keep the world picked pretty clean.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Shove 'em up there again, Dennehy! This time I'll try to just solve the reds!

cheetah7071 posted:

What region are you in that has more than one fate going on at any given time? I've generally found that roving atma bands keep the world picked pretty clean.

Southern Thanalan usually has like 2 or 3 up at a time. Right now I'm in East Than and there's about 2 up at a time.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

cheetah7071 posted:

East Shroud can have like 5 up at a time

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I don't know if the kobolds are assholes or just high, either way I think I found the best beast tribe.

sleepyfish
Apr 1, 2014

Anybody mind helping me out with my white mage? I'm having some mana problems, and I was wondering what I should do to get the most out of what I have. I'm already using freecure and shroud as effectively as I can. I was thinking of resetting my attributes, but I'm not sure what combination would make for the most mana-efficient healing. Any suggestions?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

sleepyfish posted:

Anybody mind helping me out with my white mage? I'm having some mana problems, and I was wondering what I should do to get the most out of what I have. I'm already using freecure and shroud as effectively as I can. I was thinking of resetting my attributes, but I'm not sure what combination would make for the most mana-efficient healing. Any suggestions?

You should never be running out of mana on a WHM. Are you using cure 2 instead of cure? Don't. Cure 2 is for oh poo poo situations or when freecure is up. Otherwise stick with cure and regen. And what do you mean reset your attributes? All your points should be in mind for WHM.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

sleepyfish posted:

Stoneskin or whatever it's called can give you a bit of a breather. I've found that if I'm spamming Cure 2 its because the tank's gear sucks for the dungeon.

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!
New 50 drg question: Positioning on trash in dungeons, especially hard modes. I have the damnedest time taking out adds on bosses efficiently because I can't get behind something that's tracking me. Getting heavy thrust is fine, but impulse drive is a bitch because even running through the front to the back of a mob ends up as a flank hit 95% of the time. I can stun after HT but I tend to need those to interrupt a boss. Is there a consistent way to land ID from the back on something I've got aggro on?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Don't stun the boss ever, unless your tank asks you to. Let the tanks stun the boss, that's part of their job.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
It hardly ever matters in most dungeons anyways.

If the tank is ignoring the mob its because it has little enough HP that you dont need to hit it very hard or if it does your tank is poo poo and you shouldnt have aggro.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Clockwork Beast! posted:

New 50 drg question: Positioning on trash in dungeons, especially hard modes. I have the damnedest time taking out adds on bosses efficiently because I can't get behind something that's tracking me. Getting heavy thrust is fine, but impulse drive is a bitch because even running through the front to the back of a mob ends up as a flank hit 95% of the time. I can stun after HT but I tend to need those to interrupt a boss. Is there a consistent way to land ID from the back on something I've got aggro on?

If the tank hasn't picked up the add it's probably because they expect it to die so quickly it doesn't matter. Losing havy thrust is annoying, but just do your full thrust combo and it'll die. If you're especially worried, hit the boss with one last heavy thrust before splitting off.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah very few adds need the chaos thrust combo simply because they won't live long enough to get all the ticks. Just full thrust them down.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Azubah posted:

Stoneskin or whatever it's called can give you a bit of a breather. I've found that if I'm spamming Cure 2 its because the tank's gear sucks for the dungeon.

Stoneskin is the least mp efficient spell that WHM has unless the tank vastly outgears you. It has its uses, but mp conservation isn't one of them.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27330

Goons of Excalibur, heed my call! The crystal needs you to get down and get funky.

It's time for our dance number!

Time
April 12th 12:00 PDT 3:00pm EDT 8:00pm GMT/BST
Place
Limsa Lominsa Aetherite
Style
Really you have to ask? MANDERVILLE

We will try to dance for a half hour or so, I am trying to put this at a time when it seems like a reasonable amount of goons can come, the more the better. We need to remind Excalibur who has the best moves.

sleepyfish
Apr 1, 2014

AlmightyBob posted:

You should never be running out of mana on a WHM. Are you using cure 2 instead of cure? Don't. Cure 2 is for oh poo poo situations or when freecure is up. Otherwise stick with cure and regen. And what do you mean reset your attributes? All your points should be in mind for WHM.

I've only been using cure 2 when freecure is up or the tank is losing health faster than I can keep him alive. Definitely gotta fix my attributes though if they were all supposed to go into mind. Once I started running out of MP I thought piety might help more than mind, so I ended up at 20 mind/10 piety. I think it gave me like 70 extra mana or something dumb like that, so that's definitely something.

Azubah posted:

Stoneskin just before battles and anything that might instakill, right? Are there any other times I should be using it?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

RuanGacho posted:

http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27330

Goons of Excalibur, heed my call! The crystal needs you to get down and get funky.

It's time for our dance number!

Time
April 12th 12:00 PDT 3:00pm EDT 8:00pm GMT/BST
Place
Limsa Lominsa Aetherite
Style
Really you have to ask? MANDERVILLE

We will try to dance for a half hour or so, I am trying to put this at a time when it seems like a reasonable amount of goons can come, the more the better. We need to remind Excalibur who has the best moves.

SOLD.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

sleepyfish posted:

I've only been using cure 2 when freecure is up or the tank is losing health faster than I can keep him alive. Definitely gotta fix my attributes though if they were all supposed to go into mind. Once I started running out of MP I thought piety might help more than mind, so I ended up at 20 mind/10 piety. I think it gave me like 70 extra mana or something dumb like that, so that's definitely something.

Stoneskin just before battles and anything that might instakill, right? Are there any other times I should be using it?

In turn 2 it helps keep the debuff stacks from hitting the tank as much.

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!
Fantastic feedback, thanks guys. I really figured I needed to land that combo on just everything, pretty happy I don't have to worry about it now.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
As an added bonus, since no exceptional parsers exist for this game, no one will notice if you're doing lovely DPS as long as you're not dying! :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

notZaar posted:

Don't stun the boss ever, unless your tank asks you to. Let the tanks stun the boss, that's part of their job.

And that job would be a bit more pleasant if "off GCD" abilities were actually off GCD, instead of some weird "doesn't trigger one but still is on the GCD." Nothing is worse than hitting Maim or something right when an enemy needs stunned and having to sit on your thumb like a dumbass waiting to stun it. Is this a lag thing, or is it just the game's mechanics? I'm using WTFast so I assume the latter, and cooldowns are the same way where I basically have to mash on them to get them to work and lord help me if I'm trying to activate several in quick succession. Fix your poo poo, SE.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
Its a game mechanic: all abilities seem to have a innate cooldown before you can use another ability, regardless of it being on or off-GCD.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Countblanc posted:

And that job would be a bit more pleasant if "off GCD" abilities were actually off GCD, instead of some weird "doesn't trigger one but still is on the GCD." Nothing is worse than hitting Maim or something right when an enemy needs stunned and having to sit on your thumb like a dumbass waiting to stun it. Is this a lag thing, or is it just the game's mechanics? I'm using WTFast so I assume the latter, and cooldowns are the same way where I basically have to mash on them to get them to work and lord help me if I'm trying to activate several in quick succession. Fix your poo poo, SE.

Animation delay, all abilities need about 1 second to animate before you can follow up with anything else.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Drakes posted:

Animation delay, all abilities need about 1 second to animate before you can follow up with anything else.

And that wouldn't be so bad, if it weren't for the fact that Brutal Swing appears to stun at the END of the animation, instead of instantly.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
All abilities apply their effects at the end of the animation: see benediction and hallowed ground as well.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Any dragoons in the thread know whether you get sucked into conflagrations in T5 when you jump on them?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Systematic System posted:

All abilities apply their effects at the end of the animation: see benediction and hallowed ground as well.

Heck, those two will even complete enough of the animation to put the ability on cool down and still not go off.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Crazy Larry posted:

Heck, those two will even complete enough of the animation to put the ability on cool down and still not go off.

I suppose I should be complaining about the lengthy animation instead, then? Dunno. I just know that my stuns don't ever go off way too close to the end of the cast bar.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Any dragoons in the thread know whether you get sucked into conflagrations in T5 when you jump on them?
No, you go to the nearest point. So it won't trap you unless you're already inside.

Captain Failcon
Jul 19, 2008

dill with it

We had an insanely sexy pool party just now while waiting for Ultima HM to pop

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pool party at the Guild Hall was pretty amusing. Didn't get many good pics but we had like 10 people in there by the end.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

There is a hell and its name is Lower La Noscea

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Volt Catfish posted:

There is a hell and its name is Lower La Noscea

Well, hopefully maintenance tonight fixes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Well, hopefully maintenance tonight fixes it.

Do we know what the maintenance is for?

• Locked thread