Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

What is this, Jaja's Kooky Quest ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Should have went with the veggies, man-Akira Toriyama.

Also I was confused as hell to see a guy named Polnareff in my video game, back when I was a kid. "What?! How can this be"

I asked my granparents and they didn't know. Thanks for messing up with my brain Araki :argh:

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 25, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Heritage for the Future is pretty alright. I guess.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Any game where an arrow just flies the gently caress out of nowhere to turn Silver Chariot into Requem is an amazing game.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Look for Yoshikage Kira somewhere in the crowd shot in a future episode of Axe Cop.

:ssh:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spacedad posted:

Look for Yoshikage Kira somewhere in the crowd shot in a future episode of Axe Cop.

:ssh:

Bowie flavor or rear end-River flavor?

Ketchupface
Aug 1, 2010
If King Crimson is renamed anything other than Red then I will not accept it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The ending of Steel Ball Run has drained me of emotion.

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.

Pomp posted:

Which part specifically? The Fight between Valentine and Johnny or what happens after?

Part 7 is so great to me, because it shows how much Araki has grown art, story and character relationship wise.

"Its truly, truly been a very long roundabout journey. Thank you, Gyro." Gets at least a small tear from me every time.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The walleyes are real :tinfoil:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pomp posted:

Would you say it's left you as docile as a winter catfish?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vilemoon posted:

Which part specifically? The Fight between Valentine and Johnny or what happens after?

Part 7 is so great to me, because it shows how much Araki has grown art, story and character relationship wise.

"Its truly, truly been a very long roundabout journey. Thank you, Gyro." Gets at least a small tear from me every time.

All of it. From Ball Breaker to the final page.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
CrunchyRoll not only got season 1, but they're gonna be streaming season 2 as well: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-844535/update-new-spring-titles-majin-bone-and-jojos-bizarre-adventure

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

CrunchyRoll not only got season 1, but they're gonna be streaming season 2 as well: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-844535/update-new-spring-titles-majin-bone-and-jojos-bizarre-adventure

As long as Aniplex isn't doing the subs and they don't use those comical ASB names I'm happy.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I'm just glad I don't have to dig through Google for subs anymore.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

MelvinBison posted:

I'm just glad I don't have to dig through Google for subs anymore.

Why the hell are you using google?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Should the anime thread be reopened? It's still hanging on in page 4.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Kurtofan posted:

Should the anime thread be reopened? It's still hanging on in page 4.

There's already a new thread for Stardust Crusaders.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3616646

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

That's an egg on my face, then.
Thanks.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

boredsatellite posted:

Why the hell are you using google?

What, do you recommend Bing?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Pomp posted:

What, do you recommend Bing?

There are sites dedicated explicitly to anime torrents. They are very useful for shows that aren't licensed like JoJo now is!

Our very own Wiki lists some of the big ones.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Zorak posted:

There are sites dedicated explicitly to anime torrents. They are very useful for shows that aren't licensed like JoJo now is!

Our very own Wiki lists some of the big ones.

Never knew that. Thanks.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So in the ending scroll for Battle Tendency, I'm told that you can find references to all the other JoJo protagonists up through part 7. I saw the butterfly stuff for Jolyne, the arrow and sparkly bits for Josuke, the hand symbol for Jotaro, and the thorny vines for Joseph, but I'm told that Johnny's horseshoe and Giorno's ladybug are also in there. Anyone able to point out where they are with like a screenshot or something because for the life of me I can't seem to find them.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

So in the ending scroll for Battle Tendency, I'm told that you can find references to all the other JoJo protagonists up through part 7. I saw the butterfly stuff for Jolyne, the arrow and sparkly bits for Josuke, the hand symbol for Jotaro, and the thorny vines for Joseph, but I'm told that Johnny's horseshoe and Giorno's ladybug are also in there. Anyone able to point out where they are with like a screenshot or something because for the life of me I can't seem to find them.

Wait, what? How did I never hear about this? I'm checking this out.

EDIT: Ok, I found the stuff you found plus what I think is the ladybug. It's the bottom part of the symbol between the two hands with the Js on their palms that Hermit Purple is coming out of.
It looks like maybe half of the horseshoe is above the arrow. It's the left half and it tapers off into a design with two spheres.
I wonder if there's a Jojolion reference?

Also, I reread part 4 on a whim and I forgot how drat good it is. It's so different from the previous (and later) parts but it feels so right. There's plenty of similarities in Jojolion but none of the characters in it have the same charm and while I enjoy the creepy mystery of it I just don't feel it as much.
One thing that was interesting and kind of disappointing though is Joseph. Every time he appeared I'd kinda look and compare him to part 2 Joseph. It's hard to believe he's the same character. And while he references part 3 he seems so different from that incarnation (as far as I can tell, I've only seen the OVAs) as well. I would have liked to see him have ajust little bit more of a role in the story, or to have seen more of his awkward relationship with Josuke.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 4, 2014

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

MelvinBison posted:

Never knew that. Thanks.

Did you never realize the sites you found on google could just be used directly? I'm baffled.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Wait, what? How did I never hear about this? I'm checking this out.

EDIT: Ok, I found the stuff you found plus what I think is the ladybug. It's the bottom part of the symbol between the two hands with the Js on their palms that Hermit Purple is coming out of.
It looks like maybe half of the horseshoe is above the arrow. It's the left half and it tapers off into a design with two spheres.
I wonder if there's a Jojolion reference?

The horseshoe might be the bit surrounding the ladybug.

Also it's possible the little star ball near the top is representative of Gappy.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

What is Jonathan's thing supposed to be there?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

hoobajoo posted:

What is Jonathan's thing supposed to be there?

Doesnt the mask explode at the very beginning. Its the mask.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

either that or the fact he is one the character portraits passing the torch to joseph.

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Apr 4, 2014

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Looks like CR is selling JoJo figures now, on top of everything else: http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/new_products#sort=newest,display=24,pg=0

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Hace posted:

Looks like CR is selling JoJo figures now, on top of everything else: http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/new_products#sort=newest,display=24,pg=0

Nice that they all have the correct names. Let's see how long that lasts though.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Yeah, I kind of did a double-take at White Album.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think white album is the actual name of the white album, anyway.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Finally i can fulfil my dream of buying a reasonably priced Risotto Nero figure.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/96736/Risotto-Nero-Second-Jojos-Bizzare-Adventure-Statue-Legend-Scale-Figure

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shoko Nakagawa is trying to eat anything with Jotaro's face on it.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ou-see-shokotan

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Her drawings are pretty good (way better than the stick figures I can do)but the thing with Jotaro kind of creeped me out.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
First episode was pretty drat good, that animation budget really took a notch up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doc V posted:

That one actually wasn't Araki's fault, his editor forced him to make the change because turns out that you aren't allowed put the main character in a gay relationship in a Shounen Jump manga!

Is this true? It sounds about right, but I haven't heard of this.

• Locked thread