Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

After a long hiatus I just started practicing and going to tourneys for this again last month. Would be happy to play any of you on Xbox, gamer tag is Newsburger feel free to add me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Seizure Robot posted:

After a long hiatus I just started practicing and going to tourneys for this again last month. Would be happy to play any of you on Xbox, gamer tag is Newsburger feel free to add me.

What's your team?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Nova/Frank/Amaterasu is probably my best right now. I play Dormammu too but never settled down and seriously learned a team around him, right now it's Trish/Dorm/Doom.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Seizure Robot posted:

Nova/Frank/Amaterasu is probably my best right now. I play Dormammu too but never settled down and seriously learned a team around him, right now it's Trish/Dorm/Doom.

I just started playing around with Trish/Dorm/Doom. People online will hate your Trish.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Yep she can be a bitch for sure, lots of interesting synergy with Dorm as well, I just wish her combo damage was higher. I've been playing her with the goal of harassing, building some meter and then assist sniping with a chaotic flames DHC or safely installing Dorm with space and spell charges and on that front she works very well.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
Still kinda sad you beat me first round at our local monthly, newsburger, making me go 0-2. Haha.

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World
Edwardo stop choking.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Is it all right to still post here?

holy poo poo is this thread dead

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
That's unavoidable since they took the game offline. If you've got it, you can still play it, but you can't buy it, nor can you get the DLC if you end up with a home copy.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
We could still talk about the streams.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
somehow I don't think the lack of discussion here is related to not being able to buy jill

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Race Realists posted:

Is it all right to still post here?

holy poo poo is this thread dead

If it makes you feel any better, the FGC still cares about this game more than Capcom ever did.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Thanks I guess.

Last year, Capcom made a JP only mobile game called Street Fighter X All Capcom that featured over 500 Capcom characters in the roster.

Capcom has enough characters in its stable to make it's OWN version of Marvel vs Capcom 2/3, and NOT have to deal with Marvel/Disney's logistical bullshit

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
I want people to stop playing this game online so I can stop hurting myself by playing this game online.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Race Realists posted:

Thanks I guess.

Last year, Capcom made a JP only mobile game called Street Fighter X All Capcom that featured over 500 Capcom characters in the roster.

Capcom has enough characters in its stable to make it's OWN version of Marvel vs Capcom 2/3, and NOT have to deal with Marvel/Disney's logistical bullshit
But I like Marvel vs Capcom!!!! :cry:

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

VigilantePrime posted:

I want people to stop playing this game online so I can stop hurting myself by playing this game online.

I've tried playing online again after about a year gap, holy poo poo is the netcode awful. I have no idea how I managed to play it as much as I did let alone have the patience to run tournys. The lag man, all that lag :qq:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

The idea of a Marvel patch :(

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

The idea of a Marvel patch :(

Meanwhile, here's 10,000 revisions of Street Fighter 4. What, Marvel? What's Marvel? Just shut up and care about the games we tell you to like.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

TaurusOxford posted:

Meanwhile, here's 10,000 revisions of Street Fighter 4. What, Marvel? What's Marvel? Just shut up and care about the games we tell you to like.

The difference being I'm pretty sure they actually made money off Street Fighter 4.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That and SF4 is actually their property they can do whatever they want with, while Marvel is a joint project with another company's characters who also have say in what happens with the game. Don't let that stop some of you from acting indignant though.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Orgia Carnaval posted:

That and SF4 is actually their property they can do whatever they want with, while Marvel is a joint project with another company's characters who also have say in what happens with the game. Don't let that stop some of you from acting indignant though.

poor capcom went to bat for us and couldn't pull this one out, im sure they gave it their all don't be so hard on them mean thread posters

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jeffrey posted:

poor capcom went to bat for us and couldn't pull this one out, im sure they gave it their all don't be so hard on them mean thread posters

I'm not saying that, god knows while they still had the license they should've done something about the game, even last minute would've been fine. At this point though it's just stupid to get mad at them for not updating a product they have no control over anymore compared to SF4 which is their property 100%.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Orgia Carnaval posted:

I'm not saying that, god knows while they still had the license they should've done something about the game, even last minute would've been fine. At this point though it's just stupid to get mad at them for not updating a product they have no control over anymore compared to SF4 which is their property 100%.

Oh, i'm not getting mad at them(At this point I pity Capcom more than anything else). Although, why they haven't just used the Marvel engine to just make a Capcom All-Stars fighting game so that they would have total control of characters and balancing confuses me greatly. It's not like they are hard-strapped for characters: They almost put Nintendo's roster to shame.

Edit: \/\/\/ - Well that's where my pity comes from.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 3, 2014

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

TaurusOxford posted:

Oh, i'm not getting mad at them(At this point I pity Capcom more than anything else). Although, why they haven't just used the Marvel engine to just make a Capcom All-Stars fighting game so that they would have total control of characters and balancing confuses me greatly. It's not like they are hard-strapped for characters: They almost put Nintendo's roster to shame.

Because they have literally no money to make new games with

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I am guessing capcom is losing any interest in making fighting games, they haven't really done a successful one in awhile. Look how bare-bones ultra is effort-wise. I'm not sure they have another full game in them, and even if they do, I would bet good money they don't have a second one. "10 more years" but unironically.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 3, 2014

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I think we're lucky to have gotten as many SF4 revisions as we have. Capcom is very clearly scaling back their whole fighting games thing again.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Sade posted:

I think we're lucky to have gotten as many SF4 revisions as we have. Capcom is very clearly scaling back their whole fighting games thing again.

How much you wanna bet they saw SFxT's far worse than expected numbers and equated that with 'A crossover of SF and Tekken isnt selling so the genre is dead' instead of 'Gee our game sucks'

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Gutcruncher posted:

How much you wanna bet they saw SFxT's far worse than expected numbers and equated that with 'A crossover of SF and Tekken isnt selling so the genre is dead' instead of 'Gee our game sucks'

Or SFxT was rushed out the door as an attempt to cash in on the popularity of SF4. Capcom practically has a business model of following up good games with lovely games.

It's too bad they're on the verge(?) of bankruptcy, they're due for a good Devil May Cry and maybe a good Resident Evil.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Okay, hang on.

A lot of fans got salty over Dead Rising 3 being an Xbone exclusive, RE6 being worse than three Hitlers mediocre, a second revision to SF4, and so on. The original article said that the company was still profitable, but wasn't as profitable as they'd hoped and they ended up losing their shirts a couple of times in 2013 (Remember Me, Lost Planet 3).

They aren't "broke," they aren't "doomed," they aren't "on the verge of bankruptcy." A bunch of idiot bloggers played the telephone game and gleefully decided to believe the worst because Capcom did something they didn't like. I do think that they're going to need to seriously reexamine their development structure going forward, but pretty much everyone's in that boat.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Vampire savior rerelease also did poorly, which I imagine dampened the will to make another one of those.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Wanderer posted:

They aren't "broke," they aren't "doomed," they aren't "on the verge of bankruptcy." A bunch of idiot bloggers played the telephone game and gleefully decided to believe the worst because Capcom did something they didn't like. I do think that they're going to need to seriously reexamine their development structure going forward, but pretty much everyone's in that boat.
They did exactly that one year ago. Which is why the only inhouse game in the last year was MH4. The rest was outsourced stuff(DR3, LP3, RM, Strider, DMC, rereleases all done in the west). Also they opened their own fighting game studio in osaka I believe.
But one website said they must be broke and gaming websites are always right, so forget I said anything.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
It's a sad state of affairs in the gaming industry when a game (even one from a brand new IP) can sell over a million units and be considered a "modest success" at best or "massive disappointment" at worst.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Shiki Dan posted:

It's a sad state of affairs in the gaming industry when a game (even one from a brand new IP) can sell over a million units and be considered a "modest success" at best or "massive disappointment" at worst.

A lot of money is spent on making games, absolute sale quantities don't tell you much without knowing the budget. I imagine there is some hollywood accounting going on, but still.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Overbloated budgets are part of the problem.
And it's not like the game industry has unions and multi-million dollar salaries to pay like the film industry.

If you can't make a serious profit off of moving 1mil+ units of a GAME, then your business model is hosed.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

So hey I played at Texas Showdown and got my rear end kicked.

Here's some vids:

Me vs PR Rog: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/517341428?t=5h43m50s
Me vs. Phantasy: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/517598219?t=3h18m28s

My last match where I lost in losers is hidden behind subscriber wall so I can't post it but it exists there I guess.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Crazy funny glitches happening in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vocMEFzk8_g

Edit: These Swedish dudes calling themselves Marvelous Vikings have a couple really awesome and funny combo videos on their Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A-9CfKkstI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIf-I7-agNo

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 15, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Are there any goons around here who might be willing to let me snag Jill/Shuma off their PSN? I didn't even know the DLC were gone until just recently, and I've been really playing this game a ton lately with friends and such.

I just know it's going to bug the hell out of me every time I see those UNKNOWN spots on the roster.

Why did they get taken down anyway? :confused:

e: also if anyone wants to play add me @ Alternian!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Excels posted:

Are there any goons around here who might be willing to let me snag Jill/Shuma off their PSN? I didn't even know the DLC were gone until just recently, and I've been really playing this game a ton lately with friends and such.

I just know it's going to bug the hell out of me every time I see those UNKNOWN spots on the roster.

Why did they get taken down anyway? :confused:

e: also if anyone wants to play add me @ Alternian!

Capcom lost the rights to the Marvel license, meaning that the game and all DLC are no longer allowed to be distributed.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

also meaning capcom is a terrible negotiator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
drat how loving stupid do you have to be capcom

how'd they lose it?

• Locked thread