Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

MEAT! posted:

The convert to yv12 is fine. All video you see on the internet, DVD, and television are in YV12 colorspace. The desync might have to do with a change in framerate. The best thing to do is to post your script.

For FFMS just extract the ffms2.dll into your avisynth plugin folder. It should autoload just fine as long as you aren't using 100+ plugins.

code:
#Call all source videos
source1=(DirectShowSource("E:\BD\BD-01-1.mp4")).SelectEven().ChangeFPS("ntsc_video")
source2=(DirectShowSource("E:\BD\BD-01-2.mp4")).SelectEven().ChangeFPS("ntsc_video")
audio=WAVsource("E:\BD\Audio\BD-01-mixed.wav")
#audio=WAVsource("E:\BD\Audio\BD-01-game.wav")
#

#Trim into separate clips 
clip1=Trim(source1, 180, 2674)
clip2=Trim(source1, 3216, 12630)
clip3=Trim(source1, 12713, 33586)
clip4=Trim(source2, 1887, 10205)

#Put together using the correct transitions

video0=clip1++BlankClip(clip1, 45)++clip2++BlankClip(clip1, 45)++clip3++clip4++BlankClip(clip1, 75)

video0=video0.Crop(2, 10, -0, -8).Lanczos4Resize(1280, 720).Tweak(cont=1.1).AudioDub(audio).ConvertToYV12()

return video0
It's worth noting that this is the exact same script template that used to work before getting my new computer. Didn't change anything except adding the YV12 thing.

I also must have clicked the wrong link for the FFMS thing, cause I got a whole folder full of files I didn't recognize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

Niggurath posted:

So I've got two videos, recorded using the exact same settings and when I look at the file information on both, they both having the exact same frame rate. For some reason though, I get an avisynth error saying that the framerates don't match and for some reason, even when I add in a ChangeFPS command to make both match up, it still says they don't match up. Any ideas what could be causing this and how I could go about fixing it? Here is the script I'm using, sans the ChangeFPS command:

code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms-2.17\ffms2.dll")
import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms-2.17\FFMS2.avsi")
FFMpegSource2("C:\Users\paul\Desktop\DisasterPT4Raw1.mp4", vtrack=-1, atrack=-1, threads=1)++\
FFMpegSource2("C:\Users\paul\Desktop\DisasterPT4Raw2.mp4", vtrack=-1, atrack=-1, threads=1)

Use fpsnum and fpsden arguments to express the framerate as a fraction in your ffmpegsource2 calls instead of using changefps.

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

code:
#Call all source videos
source1=(DirectShowSource("E:\BD\BD-01-1.mp4")).SelectEven().ChangeFPS("ntsc_video")
source2=(DirectShowSource("E:\BD\BD-01-2.mp4")).SelectEven().ChangeFPS("ntsc_video")
audio=WAVsource("E:\BD\Audio\BD-01-mixed.wav")
#audio=WAVsource("E:\BD\Audio\BD-01-game.wav")
#

#Trim into separate clips 
clip1=Trim(source1, 180, 2674)
clip2=Trim(source1, 3216, 12630)
clip3=Trim(source1, 12713, 33586)
clip4=Trim(source2, 1887, 10205)

#Put together using the correct transitions

video0=clip1++BlankClip(clip1, 45)++clip2++BlankClip(clip1, 45)++clip3++clip4++BlankClip(clip1, 75)

video0=video0.Crop(2, 10, -0, -8).Lanczos4Resize(1280, 720).Tweak(cont=1.1).AudioDub(audio).ConvertToYV12()

return video0
It's worth noting that this is the exact same script template that used to work before getting my new computer. Didn't change anything except adding the YV12 thing.

I also must have clicked the wrong link for the FFMS thing, cause I got a whole folder full of files I didn't recognize.

Don't use Selecteven orchangefps ntsc video.

Use this link for ffms2

https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2/releases

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

MEAT! posted:

Don't use Selecteven orchangefps ntsc video.

Use this link for ffms2

https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2/releases

My capture device records at 60fps (can't change it) and basically just gets duplicate frames. Is there a better way to do it?

I got the FFMS working. I'll switch to it if the concensus is that it's better than DirectShowSource.

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

My capture device records at 60fps (can't change it) and basically just gets duplicate frames. Is there a better way to do it?

I got the FFMS working. I'll switch to it if the concensus is that it's better than DirectShowSource.

Basically what I told Niggurath. If you want 30 fps, just put fpsnum=30 in your ffvideosource call. If you want NTSC, fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

MEAT! posted:

Basically what I told Niggurath. If you want 30 fps, just put fpsnum=30 in your ffvideosource call. If you want NTSC, fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001.

Alright, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I just tested XSplit, both the Broadcaster and the Gamecaster version, and only the Gamecaster recording came out right. Is there any reason to not use Gamecaster, other than that it is very light on features?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Quick question, say I want to record HD footage from a console, but HDMI isn't really an option, what device should I be looking at? Component is what I was thinking, preferably (the HDMI port on my TV is borked and turns any audio it gets into a horrible garbled mess, which would make recording sessions awful).

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
e: Wait, you mean a device that has a Component passthrough? Probably only the HD PVR 1, if you can still find that.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Component is perfectly fine, yes.

The thing is, most devices I've looked at only accept HDMI as input/provide it as output, so I was wondering if there were any decent ones that do component passthrough?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Instant Grat posted:

The thing is, most devices I've looked at only accept HDMI as input/provide it as output, so I was wondering if there were any decent ones that do component passthrough?

I think you want the HD PVR 1, yeah. Most of the ones on the market now only have HDMI passthrough.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
I think the Blackmagic Intensity does passthrough, if I recall correctly. Link might still be in the OP.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

I would recommend getting a set of splitter wires vs a specialized capture device if you need composite input / output.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

EntranceJew posted:

I would recommend getting a set of splitter wires vs a specialized capture device if you need composite input / output.

He's after component; and wouldn't splitters weaken the signal?

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

Instant Grat posted:

Quick question, say I want to record HD footage from a console, but HDMI isn't really an option, what device should I be looking at? Component is what I was thinking, preferably (the HDMI port on my TV is borked and turns any audio it gets into a horrible garbled mess, which would make recording sessions awful).

Hauppauge Colossus if you don't care about it being an internal card.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

frozentreasure posted:

I think the Blackmagic Intensity does passthrough, if I recall correctly. Link might still be in the OP.

The Blackmagic Intensity Pro has passthough for component, but it was slightly laggy in my experience (100-200ms?) so it may not be the best solution for a fast game. I would just buy a cheep Distribution Amplifier someplace.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I've got kind of a weirdly specific question: Does anyone know how to force XCOM to use a different audio device? I want to force it to use one of my Virtual Audio Cables.

With most programs, I can just switch the default audio to a VAC line, start the game so that its using that line, then alt-tab out to reset the default audio back to normal. Most games will stay on the VAC line when I do that, but XCOM just happily switches back to my speakers.

There's no in-game option to change audio devices, but I'm hoping there's some .ini setting or something I can change.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tendales posted:

I've got kind of a weirdly specific question: Does anyone know how to force XCOM to use a different audio device? I want to force it to use one of my Virtual Audio Cables.

With most programs, I can just switch the default audio to a VAC line, start the game so that its using that line, then alt-tab out to reset the default audio back to normal. Most games will stay on the VAC line when I do that, but XCOM just happily switches back to my speakers.

There's no in-game option to change audio devices, but I'm hoping there's some .ini setting or something I can change.

There's a program on this page that can force DirectSound onto a specific device, but if the game uses OpenAL I don't think that'll work.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I'm looking into the Elgato, but I want to confirm something before I make a decision.

Their website says it comes with a "Component Adapter," but doesn't give any more details on it. Am I correct in thinking it's a little cord that will allow me to plug in component cables and capture HD footage (including audio) from them? I want something with both HDMI and component support, and I want to make sure I won't get stuck without any way to record component input if I get this.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I'm looking into the Elgato, but I want to confirm something before I make a decision.

Their website says it comes with a "Component Adapter," but doesn't give any more details on it. Am I correct in thinking it's a little cord that will allow me to plug in component cables and capture HD footage (including audio) from them? I want something with both HDMI and component support, and I want to make sure I won't get stuck without any way to record component input if I get this.

Yes, since you will not be able to record from HDMI from the current and last console generations anyway.

Different Question:

I've been using Virtual Audio Cables to strip out Skype/TS from my streams, and I get random overflows which result in a crackling noise. I'm a complete idiot though, and I don't find the settings to adjust the latency, or what actually to do to fix said problem.

Can anyone help me with this?

are my settings.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 4, 2014

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

DarkHamsterlord posted:

That is exactly right.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Alright, glad to hear it. Thanks for the quick responses!

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Plllllllaydies :heysexy:
Hey I'm looking for a HD capture card, but I want to play off my computer, does anyone know which ones don't have any delay on PC? I have an HD PVR 2, but because it encodes before sending to my computer I have to use a TV. I've heard the blackmagic intensity doesn't have any delay, is that true, are there any others?

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Vifs posted:

Hey I'm looking for a HD capture card, but I want to play off my computer, does anyone know which ones don't have any delay on PC? I have an HD PVR 2, but because it encodes before sending to my computer I have to use a TV. I've heard the blackmagic intensity doesn't have any delay, is that true, are there any others?

El Gato can split the video output to your TV so there's no delay, unless you only have access to one monitor that you need no delay for - in that case, I don't know.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Plllllllaydies :heysexy:

neetengie posted:

El Gato can split the video output to your TV so there's no delay, unless you only have access to one monitor that you need no delay for - in that case, I don't know.

I just realised I had an unused HDMI port on my 2nd monitor and it has aux audio out, so I guess I could do that, thanks for the idea.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I started using an Avermedia Live Gamer HD a couple weeks ago and it's been fantastic

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.
Slippery Tilde

signalnoise posted:

I started using an Avermedia Live Gamer HD a couple weeks ago and it's been fantastic

I have the same capture card, and just be aware that it's not recording at a consistent framerate (at all times) and that I've had a few* instances where it just drops video while still recording mic audio. Luckily for me I usually record a backup and or stream so I can mend the videos I post. But it's still annoying when it happens.

*I've had it happens like 3 times, and I use it heavy every week, probably around 3 or 4 hours or material. So it's not really a regular occurrence.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

So, anyone who's familiar with Debugmode Frameserver and Premiere, does anyone know why Premiere doesn't let me export again after exporting with DMFS? Normally, I can get around it by restarting Premiere, but now it's kinda stuck and refuses to bring up the export menu unless I move the DMFS plugin out from the directory.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

So, ShadowPlay just updated and it now natively supports 1080p recording...
... but it also has a massive audio desync issue now too. Does anyone know of a good way to uniformly fix audio desync? Maybe an Adobe Premiere script or something? Google isn't giving me much and the Adobe sites have been down for some reason.
Alternatively, does anyone know why there isn't audio desync when you record to an external drive? If I could get that to work with my internal drive, that'd be perfect. You see, I'm dreading recording to an ext. drive because the files are split more often, which could crash the game and/or my computer if the splits occur during certain sequences. When you record to an internal drive you get larger files with half as many splits, but since the update all the audio gets desynced unless you use the 'Shadow Record' function, which is not conducive to an actual LP.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

RoanHorse posted:

So, ShadowPlay just updated and it now natively supports 1080p recording...
... but it also has a massive audio desync issue now too. Does anyone know of a good way to uniformly fix audio desync? Maybe an Adobe Premiere script or something? Google isn't giving me much and the Adobe sites have been down for some reason.
Alternatively, does anyone know why there isn't audio desync when you record to an external drive? If I could get that to work with my internal drive, that'd be perfect. You see, I'm dreading recording to an ext. drive because the files are split more often, which could crash the game and/or my computer if the splits occur during certain sequences. When you record to an internal drive you get larger files with half as many splits, but since the update all the audio gets desynced unless you use the 'Shadow Record' function, which is not conducive to an actual LP.

I've only experienced persisting audio desync in Adobe Premiere with M2TS files in CS 5.5 (playback was fine via video playbacks, had to be some quirk in Premiere). Not sure if that's relevant to you, but the only solution I found was the unfortunate, tedious task of manually resyncing until I upgraded Premiere.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
To stop Premiere desync, run your shadowplay videos though Handbrake and set it to this:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm having problems with playing .AVS files and sound. I want to check my edits before committing them to MeGUI, but I can only get the avs files to open in Windows Media Player, and they don't play the sound for some reason. The raw AVI's sound plays fine, and the final encoding's sound plays fine. Virtualdub, VLC, and MPC won't open the avs file at all.

Oh, and the example script Audio.avs does produce the tone.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Hey, folks. I have a little problem with a game that I'm currently trying to record. So far, I recorded all my stuff with FRAPS at 30fps, and never had trouble. But this game slows down hard when I use 30Fps, and the control input lags a lot. When I just look at the Fps counter without recording, the game ranges from 90 to 100something Fps on average. So I tried recording with 60Fps for an experiment, and while the game ran smooth and without issues, the raw footage was rather choppy when I played it back with the Vlc player.

So now I'm kinda stumped, as I never had to deal with funky Fps issues before :eng99:

E: And jfyi, I haven't locked my framerate in FRAPS. The game is kinda poorly coded and somewhat buggy, but I don't really think that FRAPS should conflict with that?

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 12, 2014

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Audacity question: I'm using Shadowplay to record my game, works great, yay, but I'm recording my voice audio on a separate machine with audacity (2.0.5) on that. I hit the record button on both machines at the same time but when I'm done and I export my audio file (MP3) and then transfer it over to my main rig, there's about 5 seconds of lag on it at the end. So my video file doesn't exactly match up with my audio and it starts to desync after about 10 minutes. And yes, I hit both stop keys on both machines at the same time. Is there a setting on audacity that creates latency or...?

Ok never mind, it seemed to have fixed itself. Weird.

Monolith. fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 12, 2014

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Tin Tim posted:

Hey, folks. I have a little problem with a game that I'm currently trying to record. So far, I recorded all my stuff with FRAPS at 30fps, and never had trouble. But this game slows down hard when I use 30Fps, and the control input lags a lot. When I just look at the Fps counter without recording, the game ranges from 90 to 100something Fps on average. So I tried recording with 60Fps for an experiment, and while the game ran smooth and without issues, the raw footage was rather choppy when I played it back with the Vlc player.

Have you tried transcoding the 60ish FPS video to a flat 30 FPS and running that through VLC, or encoding a preview video with the same framerate but a lossy codec? 60 FPS with lossless compression is pretty chunky, and not many programs will handle it smoothly. When I work with 720p video in Avisynth, I always have to export in a lossy codec so I can preview it at normal speed. All the edits are the same, frame for frame, so I can throw away the preview version when I export my final video.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Nidoking posted:

Have you tried transcoding the 60ish FPS video to a flat 30 FPS and running that through VLC, or encoding a preview video with the same framerate but a lossy codec? 60 FPS with lossless compression is pretty chunky, and not many programs will handle it smoothly. When I work with 720p video in Avisynth, I always have to export in a lossy codec so I can preview it at normal speed. All the edits are the same, frame for frame, so I can throw away the preview version when I export my final video.
No, I actually didn't. Just saw that is was choppy and scrapped it. I'll try that later though. I also hope that I'm understanding this Fps business right, because this particular game(asian serious sam clone) has the counter going above 160 and more. The game is supposed to be fast, but it seems kinda insane to my uneducated eye.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I am trying to record something from a video camera:

The camera creates a MOD file which I have read can be simply renamed to mpg, so I did that, and I've converted this to an avi using ffmpeg; I'm not very clear at all on what ffmpeg did to the video but I can see from the command line that it changed the video from mpeg2 to mpeg4, and the audio from ac3 to lamemp3.

The converted AVI plays fine with audio in stuff like VLC media player, but when I try to edit it with an AVS script (I've tried VirtualDub and AvspMod) I get an error 'Error initialising audio stream output size'.

I went to the avisynth wiki and saw that there was a 'killaudio' function (it apparently removes the audio from the clip? I assumed this would solve my issue), which seemed good because I don't actually need the audio for the clip anyway, since it is a short part of a larger recording, but even using that command I still get the error.

Here is my script currently -

This error occurs just when I try to preview the script, I haven't tried to do anything else to it yet. It also happens when I try to load the script into megui.

e: before you ask about the '0' at the end of the killaudio line, I did try changing the number, but the script doesn't get past line 1.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 13, 2014

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

TheMostFrench posted:

The converted AVI plays fine with audio in stuff like VLC media player, but when I try to edit it with an AVS script (I've tried VirtualDub and AvspMod) I get an error 'Error initialising audio stream output size'.

KillAudio couldn't possibly work, because you have to load the audio before you can kill it. If it can't load...

Also, general Avisynth note: You're loading the same video twice in that script. Put it into a variable the first time and use the variable if you want the raw clip in later lines.

1) Can you open it in VirtualDub without a script? If so, try re-encoding the audio and Direct Stream Copying the video and see if that works. Not ideal, since that's a lot of re-encoding and MP3 is lossy, but I think the problem is that Avisynth doesn't natively work with MP3.

2) You might want to jump back a step in your process and skip ffmpeg, use MeGUI's File Indexer to work with the original MOD or MPG file, and see how that works. There should be a tutorial in the OP for the HD-PVR that includes the necessary steps.

3) Another option if VDub works is to save a Direct Stream Copy of the audio as an MP3, then download the BassAudio extension and use that to import the MP3. Save a separate Direct Stream Copy of the video with No Audio that you can AviSource, and AudioDub them together in the script.

4) As an alternative to any of the above, figure out how to use ffmpeg to output different formats. This part, I don't know myself, but you don't want MP3.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Nidoking posted:

Have you tried transcoding the 60ish FPS video to a flat 30 FPS and running that through VLC, or encoding a preview video with the same framerate but a lossy codec?
So here's my follow up on that. When transcoding the 60fps recording to a 30Fps video, I end up with a video that looks like it has constant max payne bullet time, and an audio track that's shorter than the video :v:

Recording with 60Fps is doable, but I really don't look forward to working with those huge source files. God dammit FRAPS, why do you have problems with an obscure FPS game from 2004 :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Tin Tim posted:

So here's my follow up on that. When transcoding the 60fps recording to a 30Fps video, I end up with a video that looks like it has constant max payne bullet time, and an audio track that's shorter than the video :v:

You did something wrong, then. It's supposed to take the 60 fps video and drop about half of the frames to make it a 30 fps video running at the same speed, not double the duration of each frame.