Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Most of the "he can't possibly have earned those" instances are just LARPers, anyway. Back when I was young and stupid and still went to cons, one of the LARPer cliques would always show up in highly decorated uniforms that were way too big for them. They didn't pretend it was anything other than dress-up, though. That's a whole 'nother order of sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Blistex posted:

I like the Nazi ribbon/medal policy. They just kept upgrading the same medal until you had single-handedly won the war.

Medal:_____________________Requirement:
Iron Cross 2nd Class: ...................Destroyed a bunker/tank single-handedly.
Iron Cross 1st Class: ....................Destroyed several bunkers/tanks single-handedly.
Knight's Cross (MKI): ....................Killed or Destroyed 50 Allied/Soviet soldiers/tanks/planes.
Knight's Cross (MKII): ...................Killed or Destroyed 100 Allied/Soviet soldiers/tanks/planes.
Knight's Cross (MKIII): ..................Killed or Destroyed 300 Allied/Soviet soldiers/tanks/planes.
Knight's Cross (MKIV): ..................Same as above, but you also sunk a battleship.
Order of the Grand Cross: .............You're Hermann Göring.
I'm having trouble getting Knight's Cross (MKIV), I found the battleship but none of my weapons can even touch it, I'll just stand there firing away all my ammo and then a sniper gets me. And wtf how are you supposed to become Hermann Göring. I'm never gonna Platinum this :(

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm having trouble getting Knight's Cross (MKIV), I found the battleship but none of my weapons can even touch it, I'll just stand there firing away all my ammo and then a sniper gets me. And wtf how are you supposed to become Hermann Göring. I'm never gonna Platinum this :(

It's a grind. Still better than the campfest that was the prequel though.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
^^^This is what I'm going to picture the guards of the Berlin Wall looking like from now on.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

^ The next CoD game.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
^^^ Neversoft presents: Wardogs Go Kart!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

^ The next CoD game.

Call of Doggy.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Trig Discipline posted:

Call of Doggy.

Bark Ops 3

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

Call of Doggy.
Collar Duty

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

ubergnu posted:

this is really great. Thanks

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

TetsuoTW posted:

Collar Duty

Oh snap, that's way better.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

LordArgh posted:

That North Korean medal pic is a pretty obvious photoshop, but the original isn't much better.

You get one every time you show up sober.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

LordArgh posted:

That North Korean medal pic is a pretty obvious photoshop, but the original isn't much better.

I'm going to go ahead and imagine that these are like Scout badges, and they got them for things like tying their shoelaces and making bird feeders out of pine cones.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I like to think they're one guy's medals and just continued on attached generals

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Lots of gold stars for beating Hard opponents in Skirmish mode, but goddamn pick someone other than China once in a while

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

ubergnu posted:

I see they're finally testing the X-K9-C4 Mod 0 buggy. Not sure why they put the two other dogs in there though, seems wasteful.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

ubergnu posted:

That gunner is stone cold. I see they let the fng take shotgun though.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Massachusetts! I go there every thanksgiving, and it's always funny seeing those cars.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

:siren: Is that a Reuben in your hands, sir? :siren:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Finally!! Maybe they can step in and stop idiots from putting ketchup on hot dogs.

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

I want to know what they're for. A country like the US that has been constantly at war in one way or another since the 90's

Since the 90s? Try since the 40s. History didn't start in the 90s guys even if your life did.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Solice Kirsk posted:

Finally!! Maybe they can step in and stop idiots from putting ketchup on hot dogs.

Maybe they can pull you over and inform you that a hot dog isn't a sandwich. And fine you for terrible opinions.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Finally!! Maybe they can step in and stop idiots from putting anything other than ketchup on hot dogs.

Fixed that for you.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

kannonfodder posted:

Maybe they can pull you over and inform you that a hot dog isn't a sandwich. And fine you for terrible opinions.

Spicy brown mustard (stadium, dijon, chipotle, what have you) is the be-all and end-all of hotdog condiments. Sometimes onion too, but never ketchup.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Searching for a good chili cheese dog image, I found this:

Chile cheese dog enchiladas.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Fixed that for you.

There's no place for ketchup on a hot dog if you're older than 5.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Getting all GWS up in this thing.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Fyi: hotdogs can be eaten any which way you chose! Mustard is fine, and delicious. Ketchup is delicious and just fine. Both of them together? Delicious. Texas sauce? Delicious. Chili? Not for me but Im sure its delicious for some people. Cheese? Almost certainly belongs on a dog!

Shrapnig posted:

There's no place for ketchup on a hot dog if you're older than 5.
Hey look, an rear end in a top hat! You belong in a hot dog.

Cage has a new favorite as of 21:26 on Apr 3, 2014

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

There's no place for ketchup.

Fixed , banish the red sugar sauce.

:colbert:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

It's buttholes and snouts and you guys are up in arms about sullying that with some HFCS red sauce?

Now if this was A1 on a good steak then I'd get it.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Bunch of fatties telling other fatties how they prefer to eat their lovely fatty foods.

Eat whatever you want, fatties!

ARMBAR A COP has a new favorite as of 21:30 on Apr 3, 2014

Roctor
Aug 23, 2005

The doctor of rock.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Bunch of fatties telling other fatties how they prefer to eat their lovely fatty foods.

using fatty as a pejorative, nice

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

But I need to feel superior about what sugary poo poo I squirt onto my ground animal tubes!

Seriously, if you feel the need to argue about what sauces you put on a product primarily marketed to children, I feel sorry for you.

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 22:00 on Apr 3, 2014

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Officer, you gotta believe me, I got a bad wrap!

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

kannonfodder posted:

Seriously, if you feel the need to argue about what sauces you put on a product primarily marketed to children, I feel sorry for you.

Detailing the derail, how are hotdogs primarily marketed towards children? The only commercial I've ever seen that involved hotdogs was for the variety of dogs at Sonic.

e. Having consulted youtube search, about a third of hotdog commercials are aimed at kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

May Contain Nuts posted:

Detailing the derail, how are hotdogs primarily marketed towards children? The only commercial I've ever seen that involved hotdogs was for the variety of dogs at Sonic.

e. Having consulted youtube search, about a third of hotdog commercials are aimed at kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fQwJdXFQlU :colbert:

• Locked thread