Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqjtJgJjTag

Here's some commercial work I just wrapped up animating for. You might recognise some of the actions from gifs I posted last month. It came out pretty modest, but it sure was a load of fun to work on and I learned a bunch from internet famous animator superstar Alex Grigg. ~*NaMeDrOp*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

That's awesome dude. Good job.

nikochansan
Feb 11, 2014
Dang, that's really slick, bitmap, looks like it was tons of fun to work on

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
You circumcised him.
Also, yeah - that turned out pretty good.

raging bullwinkle
Jun 15, 2011
That's some mighty nice work (heh)

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

bitmap posted:

Here's some commercial work I just wrapped up animating for. You might recognise some of the actions from gifs I posted last month. It came out pretty modest, but it sure was a load of fun to work on and I learned a bunch from internet famous animator superstar Alex Grigg. ~*NaMeDrOp*~
Fuckin fantastic work!

SpectacuLars
Oct 22, 2010
Very nice, indeed! Looks like a fun project.

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

That was awesome, although I'm not sure how I feel about the Challenger audio... :(

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Prolonged Priapism posted:

That was awesome, although I'm not sure how I feel about the Challenger audio... :(

Yeah not too stoked about the whole audio thing but that was the creative agency, not the studio

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
Animation on that was fantastic, loved the fluid movement of everything.

Here's a silly octopus I made for a friend so he could put it in some video (hence the green screen)

http://www.fastswf.com/kuxorfw

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

neonnoodle posted:

OK, so this took way too long and in the end I'm not even happy with it, but at least it's done and submitted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFQCo_sQMSg

I think on the last line there needs to be some indication that the dog on the left is the one talking, but he just has his head down the whole time. If he's looking down less and we can see his mouth then there'd be more of an indication that he's speaking.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Hey I just won this dreamworks competition and I get to develop a movie and pitch it to dreamworks? I think I speak for everyone when I say we're all waiting for "shrek babies"!!!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

bitmap posted:

Hey I just won this dreamworks competition and I get to develop a movie and pitch it to dreamworks? I think I speak for everyone when I say we're all waiting for "shrek babies"!!!

YO CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WOW! I'm loving jealous as poo poo right now.

can you link us to your entry?

What competition was it!? that's awesome!!

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 3, 2014

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Ccs posted:

I think on the last line there needs to be some indication that the dog on the left is the one talking, but he just has his head down the whole time. If he's looking down less and we can see his mouth then there'd be more of an indication that he's speaking.

Yeah, totally. I ran into that problem after deleting some of my keys at the end, and then running out of time. :smith: That's the biggest issue to me, at least.

bitmap posted:

:aaaaa:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

bitmap posted:

How to Train Your Shrek Babies.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

:drat:

Congratulations! So when can we get a pre-screening of Shrek Babies 2: Goatman's Revenge?

nikochansan
Feb 11, 2014

bitmap posted:

Goddamn, I gotta step my game up

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHu970pu5UQ

I provided a tiny bit of work on this (the torso model for the robot's rotoscoping) but overall this is more Paul's work.
Also this is a game trailer too, haha.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Thanks guys! It was part of this competition. I get to do the masterclass and everything!

I'm not going to spoil my pitch idea but I will say: "russian mythology" :frogc00l:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
If it doesn't involve a sandwich in some way, I'm going to be kind of sad.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

bitmap posted:

Thanks guys! It was part of this competition. I get to do the masterclass and everything!

I'm not going to spoil my pitch idea but I will say: "russian mythology" :frogc00l:

Baba yaga has to do a quest to get her swamp back from the tzar.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

bitmap posted:

Ilya Muromets with the Dreamworks face. You've got to make this.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Came in 16 out of 170! But third place for 2d entries. :woop:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

neonnoodle posted:

That's pretty good, was that for the mustard dog ghost-busters thing?

nikochansan
Feb 11, 2014

neonnoodle posted:

Nice! I'm tempted to participate in April's competition, but now that I'm recently out of a job (thank goodness), I want to spend more time on a few personal projects to help flesh out my nonexistent portfolio. Yes, I do realize that doing the 11 Second Club deal WOULD be a good addition to my demo reel, but these projects are super personal to me.

But I digress, are you planning on doing April's clip?

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

11 second club? The grade of that stuff is loving INSANE. I gotta get in on that!

SpectacuLars
Oct 22, 2010
drat, this is the third weekend in a row wasted doing literally nothing but discarding infant ideas and accumulating a tonne of shallow maybe-ifs.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

SpectacuLars posted:

drat, this is the third weekend in a row wasted doing literally nothing but discarding infant ideas and accumulating a tonne of shallow maybe-ifs.

What's wrong with them? Are they too complex or bad or something?

SpectacuLars
Oct 22, 2010

scarycave posted:

What's wrong with them? Are they too complex or bad or something?

They're not my magnum opuses. :saddowns:

My idea-department is at constant war with itself. I want a fun, spontaneous, easy-going, horribly animated and wondrous adventure set in a strange world with something at best fairly interesting going on, so that I may slowly improve on select things for fun. But I am also for some reason unable to accept ideas that are not immediately perceived as part of a Perfect Recipe for an epic, ground-breaking, well-animated and well-narrated everlasting story beyond anything a really good book would be able to convey. How do I stop the dumb? It's actually giving me horrible headaches.

I do have a potential setting and some potential characters sketched out at the moment, but if I can't find a good introduction/explanation (for myself, that is; I actually prefer to keep these things subtle)/interesting narrative to it soon it will probably end up in the garbage can with the rest.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Yeah, I kind of know what you mean, though I really don't have any advice for you at the moment.
Personally I think you might just be trying too hard. If your trying to get better - it shouldn't have to be a master piece.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 6, 2014

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

SpectacuLars
Oct 22, 2010
Yeah, sorry for bellyaching! Back on track. Improvising a storyboard, straight-ahead style seems to be the way to go for now. :)

Ten panels! :woop:

nikochansan
Feb 11, 2014
I finished the lipsync part of the acting but now, honestly, I'm a bit lost on the physical acting
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43568612/output.swf

I feel like it isn't moving right

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I think the movement looks pretty good, the only thing I noticed though is that the animation sort of blinks in and out of existence. It might have been trapped between dimensions when you were saving the file.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I'll be doing May's 11 second club because I'll have time then. It'd be cool if others on the forum did that as well! We can offer feedback!

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I think I'm gonna give it a miss.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Alright, I'll still post my work in progress here looking for feedback.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
I think I'm in, depending on my schedule.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Ccs posted:

Alright, I'll still post my work in progress here looking for feedback.

I'll be glad to give you feed back, I'm just not really good enough to actually submit anything though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichardGamingo
Mar 3, 2014
I know it's dumb to sign my posts, but I can't stop no matter how many times I'm told, because I'm really stupid and I want to make sure that shines through in everything I do and say, forever.

Best Regards,
RG

bitmap posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqjtJgJjTag

Wow! I really enjoyed the animation. May I ask what software went into its production?