Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Kgummy posted:

I did, I guess I just forgot the relevant part. :shrug:

Lostclock not believing in ghosts and seemingly coming back as one (but it's the shapeshifter)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
I love that it's introduced, then explained, then made plot relevant, twice, each in a different comic 70+ pages apart. Genius forethought. Thorsby :allears:

VVV :flashfap:

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jan 14, 2014

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Thorsby has set up an RSS-enabled site for his announcements on Comic Fury.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

ZearothK posted:

Oh well, got an e-mail from Thorsby (as I offered to relay messages to SA). This really was the end for Accidental Space Spy, and he intends to do another comic in the future, just not immediately. Hitmen for Destiny has also been uploaded to the new site. I am updating the links on the OP.

Is there any way I could get his contact information? Though I have little experience in writing scripts, I'd like to try adapting "Lies, Sisters and Wives" into a one-act stage play and I'd like his permission first.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://thorsbysprojects.thecomicseries.com/links/
http://comicfury.com/profile.php?username=Thorsby
It's not hard to find his contact info. He puts this at the top of every page:

quote:

I'm Øyvind Thorsby. Contact me: ythorsby at gmail dot com

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Cat Mattress posted:

http://thorsbysprojects.thecomicseries.com/links/
http://comicfury.com/profile.php?username=Thorsby
It's not hard to find his contact info. He puts this at the top of every page:

I am not very observant. Thanks for the help.

Grogquock
May 2, 2009
Well that was pretty disappointing, particularly since Hitmen had such a fantastic ending. TASS was quite a bit more meandering though and didn't have numerous story arcs winding to a conclusion. Still, I'm surprised it was so abrupt. We weren't even shown a joyous homecoming, or, even something to tie it into the whole "reason for war" thing (like Ben's got a kid/sibling starting in the military; does he reveal the secret behind the reason for war even though he might be risking all humanity to do so?!). The life he's now chosen to return to has never been a story element. Either Thorsby got incredibly bored with the whole thing, or TASS was really only intended to be a space bestiary, and we now get to experience Ben's disappointment on his sudden and anti-climactic return to the mundane.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

smilingfish posted:

Is there any way I could get his contact information? Though I have little experience in writing scripts, I'd like to try adapting "Lies, Sisters and Wives" into a one-act stage play and I'd like his permission first.

I had this idea too, but never did anything with it. I think it would make an excellent one act, good luck!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

And it looks like Thorsby's back with a new comic, Transdimensional Brain Chip. From what I've seen so far, it's going to be the most confusing, hard-to-keep-track of mess yet!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

And it looks like Thorsby's back with a new comic, Transdimensional Brain Chip. From what I've seen so far, it's going to be the most confusing, hard-to-keep-track of mess yet!

So that's where the iPod ended up!

Link

Huh, while searching for the webpage, I discovered that Thorsby is a fan of OOTS

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Can't wait to get completely mind hosed again. Anything crazy happen yet or is it still in the terrible crawl stage? :yum:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

my dad posted:

Huh, while searching for the webpage, I discovered that Thorsby is a fan of OOTS

He's not very active there though. Searching for his posts from his profile only gives nine threads, most of which are about his own comics. He has only one post about OotS itself, and it was to express confusion over Rich Burlew's use of speech bubbles.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Just read the first 15 and it's pretty good so far.

:haw: Okay, thank you, bye! Ulf you big goof.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, I am liking what I am seeing here and really curious as to how it will develop, Ulf is quite a character. Updated the OP with the new comic.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Jesus, this is an insane premise and I love it. Thorsby's the best.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
Haha, this premise is great, and it's already paying off.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
This is the most Thorsbian premise yet. I can't wait until we're tracking 16 of the same protagonist, and then wormholes open and they start switching dimensions because of course they will.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
The scientist lady is obviously using them for stock market hijinx (not sure how exactly), but she should have put a little more thought into the implications of exponentially increasing shared consciousness.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

His chances at doing anything impress are hampered by being hilariously stupid, but I guess he is technically already transhuman.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Doc Hawkins posted:

His chances at doing anything impress are hampered by being hilariously stupid, but I guess he is technically already transhuman.

I'm really surprised he was clever enough to get out of the facility like he did, but this entire comic is pretty obviously an excuse to get a Lies, Sisters, and Wives deception going on at least 4 times at once

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
One of these days, Thornsby comics need to be adapted into a movie.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I already know what's going to happen.

One of them is going to die.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

dipwood posted:

I already know what's going to happen.

One of them is going to die.

And then he's going to hear messages about the after-life.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I'm waiting for the one from a universe that diverged enough such that he's side character in Hitmen for Destiny.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
When Ulf said that stuff that got him released, am I right in thinking that he's lying and that all four Ulf's used the same ploy at once?

This is turning out to be a... Crisis of Infinite Ulfs.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

BiggerJ posted:

When Ulf said that stuff that got him released, am I right in thinking that he's lying and that all four Ulf's used the same ploy at once?

This is turning out to be a... Crisis of Infinite Ulfs.

That's how I read it as well

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Aye, it was the first thing that came to mind. Which shows our boy can be quite cunning if he is bored enough to stop and think.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Ulf will solely use his brain chip to hit on women. He will eventually get pretty good at it. The comic will end with the collapsing of all the alternate, or potential, realities into an Ulf singularity. The one constant across all potential realities, the Ulf-child, will serve to stabilize potentiality into actuality, the end will be a single, purely deterministic existence.
Or he'll just get drunk and start blabbing to a covert agent of a terrorist organization who will then kidnap him.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The big question is what will happen when some of the Ulfs inevitably start getting killed.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

He's really got a great set up here, just so many possibilities. I wonder how many viewpoints it'll take before he's effectively blind.

What kind of schedule does Thorsby normally keep?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

MON-WED-FRI, he was pretty good at keeping it during Accidental Space Spy.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

my dad posted:

The big question is what will happen when some of the Ulfs inevitably start getting killed.

Where Ulf is, death is not. Where death is, Ulf is not.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Flython posted:

He's really got a great set up here, just so many possibilities. I wonder how many viewpoints it'll take before he's effectively blind.

What kind of schedule does Thorsby normally keep?

Don't forget that he can just imagine them out of his head whenever he wants. He doesn't have to talk to any of the other Ulfs if he doesn't want to.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

RickoniX posted:

I'm really surprised he was clever enough to get out of the facility like he did, but this entire comic is pretty obviously an excuse to get a Lies, Sisters, and Wives deception going on at least 4 times at once

Are you not okay with that? Yeah he's running the risk of wearing the gag thin if he does it too much, but there's still plenty of opportunities to tweak the formula in a multiverse setting. I thought the scenario was even funnier when he did it in Hitmen for Destiny thanks to the shapeshifting.

Or did the HFD version come first? I discovered Thorsby a couple chapters into TASS and now all the "last updated" dates are messed up from changing sites and I can't remember. The short is listed below HFD on his new site and it looks like he transferred them in chronological order, so I'm guessing after.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Dinosaurs! posted:

Are you not okay with that? Yeah he's running the risk of wearing the gag thin if he does it too much, but there's still plenty of opportunities to tweak the formula in a multiverse setting. I thought the scenario was even funnier when he did it in Hitmen for Destiny thanks to the shapeshifting.

Or did the HFD version come first? I discovered Thorsby a couple chapters into TASS and now all the "last updated" dates are messed up from changing sites and I can't remember. The short is listed below HFD on his new site and it looks like he transferred them in chronological order, so I'm guessing after.

I liked it in LSW and HFD but it really wore thin in rear end

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

RickoniX posted:

I liked it in LSW and HFD but it really wore thin in rear end

I'm not sure it the problem with it in rear end was that the premise was wearing thin, but rather that the circumstances for it just weren't that interesting or engaging.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Man, once another week has passed, there will be 16 realities.

Note that the divergences so far are pretty minor, but already in universe 3 and 4 there's some differences. Think about how much of a divergence there will be once Ulf group 2, 3, and 4 join in. Maybe one of the groups never made it out of the hospital, maybe another freaked out and had the chip removed, maybe another one did something even worse than that. There's so much potential in just Week 2 to have it go on for a while, but Week 3 is where poo poo will really hit the fan.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

dipwood posted:

Man, once another week has passed, there will be 16 realities.

Note that the divergences so far are pretty minor, but already in universe 3 and 4 there's some differences. Think about how much of a divergence there will be once Ulf group 2, 3, and 4 join in. Maybe one of the groups never made it out of the hospital, maybe another freaked out and had the chip removed, maybe another one did something even worse than that. There's so much potential in just Week 2 to have it go on for a while, but Week 3 is where poo poo will really hit the fan.

Don't forget, too, that they're all running around outside a hospital having just had major brain surgery. The scientist lady was really adamant that doing so was super risky, so it's almost inevitable that one of the Ulfs will be the unlucky one who dies from complications.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

vyelkin posted:

Don't forget, too, that they're all running around outside a hospital having just had major brain surgery. The scientist lady was really adamant that doing so was super risky, so it's almost inevitable that one of the Ulfs will be the unlucky one who dies from complications.

There's a pretty good chance she was just saying that because she wanted him to stick around for her scam. It could be true but it could also be bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

ChairMaster posted:

There's a pretty good chance she was just saying that because she wanted him to stick around for her scam. It could be true but it could also be bullshit.

It's bullshit in three out of four universes.

• Locked thread