Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
Are there any VOD's? I'd love to see some hype Injustice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

CastDream posted:

Man, that was a great match. NLBC has really been bringing the hype in the last couple of weeks.

NLBC has gotten good since Chris G left. Not hating, he's a good player but when you know who's gonna win all the time it gets boring. He leaves and everyone is trying to fill the void he left and it's fun to watch!

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I'm really excited for Ultra to hit the tournament scene. One question I have is people have talked about Daigo "losing it" but is it more the truth of he didn't lose it the characters he was using just got worse as each patch came out that changed framerates, damage, etc etc etc.

I think the tourneys will be more hype when you can see people using O. Sagat vs. Daigo using peak Yun before he got nerfed.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

I'm really excited for Ultra to hit the tournament scene. One question I have is people have talked about Daigo "losing it" but is it more the truth of he didn't lose it the characters he was using just got worse as each patch came out that changed framerates, damage, etc etc etc.

I think the tourneys will be more hype when you can see people using O. Sagat vs. Daigo using peak Yun before he got nerfed.

Umehara is still ridiculously good, didn't you see those exhibition matches where he dominated Infiltration and Xian, both Evolution champions, and made it look free? Other people have stepped up their game so he isn't the god he once was, but he's still very very good.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

AnonSpore posted:

Umehara is still ridiculously good, didn't you see those exhibition matches where he dominated Infiltration and Xian, both Evolution champions, and made it look free? Other people have stepped up their game so he isn't the god he once was, but he's still very very good.

Right, but with vanilla Ryu that suddenly makes him much better than when he had to get used to all the changes and nerfs from each iteration of the game.

I just think it makes tournaments that much more interesting now

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Not to piss on your fun but I kinda doubt tournaments will predominantly go Edition Select. There will without a doubt be fun little side tournaments to satisfy people like me who really just want to see AEYun beat the poo poo out of everyone but it'll be a rare pleasure, not the main thing Ultra brings to the tournament scene.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I imagine that both formats will be tested and whichever is more fun will get more entrants and become the standard, unless the standard becomes edition select and Capcom decides to throw money in to make it Ultra. Obviously the Capcom Cup will run Ultra only. But with theoretical years until the next update I can only imagine that the more fun version will win out eventually.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Right, but with vanilla Ryu that suddenly makes him much better than when he had to get used to all the changes and nerfs from each iteration of the game.

You're saying that as if he's been playing vanilla Ryu on the side all this time and it's still his one true character or something. He'd have to "get used to" vanilla Ryu because it's essentially a new version after he's been playing 2012 Ryu all this time, and then figure out new matchups and setups and counters for every variation of every character out there. It's not something that only he will have to deal with, but the same goes for all the other changes to the games so far. Besides, Umehara is about as OG as it gets, making it out like he has trouble getting used to version changes is just silly.

And that's assuming that version select even becomes tourney standard (which I kinda doubt).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

If Edition select isn't the standard than I'm going to be really sad.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I think Edition Select will make for some interesting money matches, since people will inevitably argue about how my X can beat your Y, and now they can do that across versions.

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.

CaptCommy posted:

Same here. It's a game I was hype for and played a ton of when it came out. I still play it off and on, but the EVO matches kind of killed the buzz for watching it. The last few majors have showcased some sweet Injustice top 8 play though.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

CaptCommy posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/516560774 Top 3 everyone was talking about starts at about 3hr30min on this Team Spooky twitch archive.

A lot of the earlier matches of that Injustice tournament are here and here on Arturo's stream archives.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)
I enjoyed watching the Injustice matches last night but at the same time there were a lot of moments where I was like, Jesus Christ, Martian Manhunter is retarded. Like I don't wanna take anything away from Reo, I know he's a great player, but what is Aquaman supposed to do about any of that nonsense? And why is that teleport safe?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

may contain peanuts posted:

I enjoyed watching the Injustice matches last night but at the same time there were a lot of moments where I was like, Jesus Christ, Martian Manhunter is retarded. Like I don't wanna take anything away from Reo, I know he's a great player, but what is Aquaman supposed to do about any of that nonsense? And why is that teleport safe?

It's a bad game.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

In other news, Triforce and Dieminion missed their flight home (chose not to take it) and are now begging the Internet for donations since they're stuck in France.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Parallax Scroll posted:

(chose not to take it)

...Why.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Triforce.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

James Bardolph ‏@jamesbardolph 43m
They skipped the flight to get on ESGN, which did not pan out... so now the local community is expected to foot their bill GG

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
lol triforce

One question I have is people have talked about Daigo "losing it" but is it more the truth of he didn't lose it the characters he was using just got worse as each patch came out that changed framerates, damage, etc etc etc.
Daigo's still great and Ryu's still pretty good. Yun's still good in AE2012 too if Daigo ever wanted to go back to that. The exhibitions against Infiltration and Xian were already mentioned which are the latest shows of his skill and he's made Evo top 8 every year of SF4.

I wouldn't call him the best player in the world now but he's still one of the best IMO, even if he doesn't travel to many tournaments anymore.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

It looks like Daigo's still unmatched in exhibition sets that he's prepared for.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Parallax Scroll posted:

In other news, Triforce and Dieminion missed their flight home (chose not to take it) and are now begging the Internet for donations since they're stuck in France.

Lol is this real?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This kind of behavior isnt new to the FGC. Remember Noel Brown going to Florida, then jail and then asking for money to get back home? Only to find that he planned on traveling back on money matches originally

And then Mew2King going to japan with no spending money thinking he could win it all from money matching the Japanese.

I expected better from Dieminion, but not Triforce

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Lol is this real?

Yeah but it sounds like they may have figured something out. They were gonna do a fundraiser tournament in France and then cancelled it, and based on Triforce's tweets it sounds like they're coming home on Monday.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Parallax Scroll posted:

It looks like Daigo's still unmatched in exhibition sets that he's prepared for.

Who would win in a fight, Superman or Daigo with prep time? If only the Japanese community played NRS games and you weren't using AdBlock we'd know the answer.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Triforce explaining his situation in France

http://www.twitch.tv/theonblastshow

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Fauxtool posted:

And then Mew2King going to japan with no spending money thinking he could win it all from money matching the Japanese.

You gotta tell the whole story man

He went to Japan with no ticket back home and $200 money match cash, then on Day 1 he vomited on his host's $200 futon.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I thought he came on it.

Probably both I guess.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

HoneyBoy posted:

I thought he came on it.

Probably both I guess.

Nah someone let him stay at their place and he jerked off on their pillow.

He went to japan with 200 bucks planning to make money from money matches, when he got their found out that it's illegal in japan, spent all his money on poo poo the first day and then got drunk and threw up on his host's futon.

Yay smash

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Parallax Scroll posted:

Triforce explaining his situation in France

http://www.twitch.tv/theonblastshow

can someone who watched this summarize it?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Fauxtool posted:

can someone who watched this summarize it?

fart_noises.avi

I watched like 5 minutes and Triforce was talking about how he planned to stay in France hoping that business opportunities would pan out; they played a commercial or something starring Triforce and Dieminion (speaking French) about some new video game. He also mentioned something about a pilot. Oh and Marn was there because ________

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HoneyBoy posted:

fart_noises.avi

I watched like 5 minutes and Triforce was talking about how he planned to stay in France hoping that business opportunities would pan out; they played a commercial or something starring Triforce and Dieminion (speaking French) about some new video game. He also mentioned something about a pilot. Oh and Marn was there because ________

What does Marn even do? Is his family rich or something? I cant imagine him working hard and making sound financial decisions.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Well when he's not busy killing off entire sections of the fighting game community or scamming over his esports team, he spends his time uh... whatever. The last I saw of him was Curleh in SoCal I think? That match of his against FChamp.

He's in Vietnam now apparently.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

What does Marn even do?

Eat

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Namco's sponsorship cash got added to Evo 2014. I've been out of the Tekken loop outside of twatting around with PS1 Tekken 3 back in the day, will TTT2 be fun to watch?

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
TT2 being fun to watch depends on how much you like watching tekken but the game is pretty well balanced so you should see a decent amount of character variety.

It's good to hear that Evo is going to have Tekken after all, hopefully a bunch of world-class players will be able to make it.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Look at this loving diva:

https://twitter.com/SanfordKelly/status/452156294460608512

In other news KBrad is now part of team EG, no more FNEX VXG EMP PC ACDC FCC PHD Kbrad.

http://evilgeniuses.gg/Read/300,Evil-Geniuses-Welcomes-K-Brad/

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Kins posted:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Namco's sponsorship cash got added to Evo 2014. I've been out of the Tekken loop outside of twatting around with PS1 Tekken 3 back in the day, will TTT2 be fun to watch?

Probably not.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Texas Showdown is this weekend.

https://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive
https://www.twitch.tv/pandaxgaming
https://www.twitch.tv/gameguys

edit: Also, MLG Anaheim on June 20-22 is going to have Injustice and Killer Instinct.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 5, 2014

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

The Kins posted:

I've been out of the Tekken loop outside of twatting around with PS1 Tekken 3 back in the day, will TTT2 be fun to watch?

High level TTT2, and TTT2 in general really, is kind of hard to understand and appreciate and get invested in unless you yourself are pretty far down that particular rabbit hole. I like to think I understand Tekken decently enough but even I find a lot of tournament matches just utterly blurring together.

I dunno if this is the fault of the game or lack of good commentary or what but I find TTT2 to be not so great a watch despite enjoying the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't play much Tekken at all but I enjoy watching Tekken and I'm really glad a 3d game is back in Evo.