Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DupaDupa posted:

Bears brought Deone Bucannon in for a private workout, anything to know about him other than he has a built in nickname for a strong safety?

Major Wright is such a good loving Safety name. I am so sad he was terrible and injury ridden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dexo posted:

Major Wright is such a good loving Safety name. I am so sad he was terrible and injury ridden.

That's a sweet name, no doubt, but Bacarri Rambo being awful at football is terrible.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

That's a sweet name, no doubt, but Bacarri Rambo being awful at football is terrible.

Is he terrible? Dude was a beast in College.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

DupaDupa posted:

Bears brought Deone Bucannon in for a private workout, anything to know about him other than he has a built in nickname for a strong safety?

Across the board top performer at the combine. Sounds like Emery's kind of draft pick:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/deone-bucannon?id=2543769

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lazerbeam posted:

Across the board top performer at the combine. Sounds like Emery's kind of draft pick:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/deone-bucannon?id=2543769

Jesus, check out this guys head tilt on picture day.

Swagger, son.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It was certainly an impressive pro day from Clowney but it's nothing we didn't already know. He's a physical freak.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

It was certainly an impressive pro day from Clowney but it's nothing we didn't already know. He's a physical freak.

But, is he worth this and next years first round pick?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 3, 2014

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Dexo posted:

I would like the Vikings to sign him only because I'm dumb and want to have people named Major and Captain in the backfield.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DangerKat posted:

I would like the Vikings to sign him only because I'm dumb and want to have people named Major and Captain in the backfield.

Oh poo poo, ya'll got Captain Munnerlyn? Good luck with that one, Matt Ryan torched his rear end regularly.

drat, he's a seventh rounder? Okay, yeah, good job, dude. 14 mill/3 years. :golfclap:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 3, 2014

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

But, is he worth this and next years first round pick?

If we could trade the #1 pick for Cleveland's two first round picks I'd make that trade immediately.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

If we could trade the #1 pick for Cleveland's two first round picks I'd make that trade immediately.

Well, yeah, because this draft class is deep, man. :smug:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Smokes and smokes and smokes and smokes

Rotoworld posted:

NFL insider Adam Caplan says a trade up for Texas A&M WR Mike Evans is on the Eagles' radar.

Caplan also notes Oregon State receiver Brandin Cooks is a possibility. The "target area for Brandin Cooks: 20-32 in first," Caplan tweeted. "Everything checks out well with him -- character, tape, speed." We think Odell Beckham Jr. would be an even better fit thanks to his contested catch ability, but he is less likely to be there.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Chilichimp posted:

Oh poo poo, ya'll got Captain Munnerlyn? Good luck with that one, Matt Ryan torched his rear end regularly.

drat, he's a seventh rounder? Okay, yeah, good job, dude. 14 mill/3 years. :golfclap:

I thought I remembered reading he had turned a corner, not a world-beater or anything, but at least a competent slot corner?

Edit: huh, didn't realize the pun until after I posted

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
^^ Munnerlyn's a fine corner, he probably wouldn't have gotten the attention/money he got if he wasn't playing with a complete monster front 7 last year though.

Quest For Glory II posted:

They'll trade up and get him and then he'll be cut for asking Chip to play better music at practices.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cooks would be an odd fit on that team, as would Evans I suppose. ODB and Marquise Lee seem more up Chip's alley.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

*holds envelop to forehead*

Things DJax and his friends use as currency

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@flasportsbuzz: Dolphins are having dinner with seantrel henderson next week (among others) then having him work out at their local day the next day

figured he would be off the table

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'm much more interested in the kid from Virginia and the other guy from Wisconsin (if I remember) as a 2-3 round right tackle

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ehud posted:

@flasportsbuzz: Dolphins are having dinner with seantrel henderson next week (among others) then having him work out at their local day the next day

figured he would be off the table

You know...to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he gets drafted in the 2nd-3rd round. Seems like the kind of prospect some coach is going to want to groom to become the guy. If he somehow ever puts it together...you've got a franchise LT for a third round pick.

But it's never going to happen, and it's going to get a coach fired.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Henderson is the Logan Thomas of OTs. Amazing physical specimen, can't play the position worth a dick. Someone will burn a 2nd day pick on him and he might even creep into the late first.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Henderson should be max third rounder and that's with his current potential
His kick slide is slow, he's a mutant for strength and he has zero agility as far as second level blocking goes. I'd be concerned if he was seeing the left side at his current size and agility. Right size would be good

He is a monster man tho. Rarely do you see a guy that big and that strong actually have quick feet. Does NOT translate well on the field

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

quote:

Appearing on the Tom Joyner Show with Roland Martin, Sanders was asked about the hype surrounding Manziel, the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner projected as a top-10 draft pick.

"Oh, please. I love Johnny Football," Sanders said. "See, the reason people won't accept Johnny Football is because Johnny Football has ghetto tendencies. I love Johnny Football."

That prompted this exchange:

Martin: He's got ghetto tendencies? What are ghetto tendencies, Prime Time?

Sanders: Because he was successful, he made it, and he let you all know he made it, and he was cocky, he was flamboyant, and he let you know.

Martin: So he was a white Prime Time coming out of college.

Sanders: Thank you. And I love him. I love him. They had the music playing when he came in. Put his whole equipment up, who goes out there and do your pro day with all your equipment on? That's some hula stuff, I love Johnny Football.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24512053/nfl-draft-deion-sanders-cites-ghetto-tendencies-of-manziel
"Ghetto tendencies" is the funniest draft-related thing I've heard all offseason. Deion don't ever stop being yourself :allears:

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Intruder posted:

*holds envelop to forehead*

Things DJax and his friends use as currency

Hahahahahahah

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Doltos posted:

Henderson is the Logan Thomas of OTs. Amazing physical specimen, can't play the position worth a dick. Someone will burn a 2nd day pick on him and he might even creep into the late first.

Eh I could get into it, most of our line picks haven't panned out anyways so it'd be cool if we took a flyer on this dude

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I'm much more interested in the kid from Virginia and the other guy from Wisconsin (if I remember) as a 2-3 round right tackle

I've liked Morgan Moses for a long while as a second day lineman.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Declan MacManus posted:

Eh I could get into it, most of our line picks haven't panned out anyways so it'd be cool if we took a flyer on this dude

The flyer would be a hang glider in a tornado.

I've never been able to figure out what state you're in and what teams you're a fan of because you seem to be all over the place, but I'm assuming you're talking about the Dolphin's o-line. I think the Phins need quick footed OTs first and foremost, and while Seantrel has abnormally quick feet for an OT, he doesn't display that in game. Jake Matthews or Taylor Lewan seem right up your alley.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The ghetto of Tyler, Texas and a family in the oil business

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

^^ Munnerlyn's a fine corner, he probably wouldn't have gotten the attention/money he got if he wasn't playing with a complete monster front 7 last year though.

They'll trade up and get him and then he'll be cut for asking Chip to play better music at practices.

That front seven in Carolina was so monstrous that it will like earn itself a signature name. The Blue Curtain or some poo poo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Henderson should be max third rounder and that's with his current potential
His kick slide is slow, he's a mutant for strength and he has zero agility as far as second level blocking goes. I'd be concerned if he was seeing the left side at his current size and agility. Right size would be good

He is a monster man tho. Rarely do you see a guy that big and that strong actually have quick feet. Does NOT translate well on the field

So Seattle is taking him in the first, got it.

Really though, we need a lot on the line considering how awful our guard play has been and we lost Giacomini as well. (I can't loving believe I miss Breno :flag: Giacomini) We've got a good young QB and no matter how agile he is he will still need a line in front of him so Ahmad Brooks doesn't just fly in untouched all day long. Cable has been a miracle worker as our line coach, so hopefully if we end up with Henderson he can work some magic there.

Chilichimp posted:

That front seven in Carolina was so monstrous that it will like earn itself a signature name. The Blue Curtain or some poo poo.

The Legion of Puma :downsrim:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

The flyer would be a hang glider in a tornado.

I've never been able to figure out what state you're in and what teams you're a fan of because you seem to be all over the place, but I'm assuming you're talking about the Dolphin's o-line. I think the Phins need quick footed OTs first and foremost, and while Seantrel has abnormally quick feet for an OT, he doesn't display that in game. Jake Matthews or Taylor Lewan seem right up your alley.

Jake Matthews absolutely. We are looking for a RT thought so if we are dreaming I want me some auburn tackle!

I'd be ok with a number of guys who are slated in the 2-3 round

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

In fairness the Manziel family history is actually full of crime.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

:words:

The Legion of Puma :downsrim:

Riverboat Ron, and The Campa 2 :hfive:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is awesome.

@mortreport
Miami OT Seantrel Henderson didn't help himself today - "quit" his Pro Day workout halfway through it. No explanation yet. Disappointing.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Ozu posted:

This is awesome.

@mortreport
Miami OT Seantrel Henderson didn't help himself today - "quit" his Pro Day workout halfway through it. No explanation yet. Disappointing.

No matter what the excuse for this is, he had months to prepare. I wouldn't draft him in the first three days just based on this.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I could see taking a flier on him on the eleventh day of the draft...that's about it though.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Tyler is the meth capital of Texas! :eng101:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Man, I like Henderson. He's a monster, but he just needs to get his head on straight.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ozu posted:

This is awesome.

@mortreport

I have an explanation: he saw Dolfan's post about the Dolphins drafting him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

I have an explanation: he saw Dolfan's post about the Dolphins drafting him.

I was the most detrimental to him. This doesn't surprise me. As I said this whole time - great talent that doesn't put it on the field. I really don't like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I was the most detrimental to him. This doesn't surprise me. As I said this whole time - great talent that doesn't put it on the field. I really don't like him

He's intentionally tanking so he can be on a better team, just like Bridgewater. I've heard that can happen in this very thread and it is a very plausible thing. I am gravely serious about this.

• Locked thread