Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
eShop news!

-Wonderful 101, Game & Wario and Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge are all $30 on the Wii U eShop in NA right now, and from the sounds of things it's a permanent price reduction rather than a sale. Anyone wanna confirm/deny for me?

-Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate HD is out now in NA, $19.99. PAL-land version has been delayed to "late April" for some unspecified reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

If that's true I'm totally gonna buy Wonderful 101

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
poo poo I'm gonna buy a bunch of Nintendo stuff this week.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
It has the red banner that says Price Drop on the Wii U games, so I'm going to say that it's permanant.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It seems to be $35 in stores here (Canada), which fits with the new standard pricing here.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

uPen posted:

But would you really want to play those games on a WiiU?

Yeah I guess you're right.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
JP VC watch: Adventures of Lolo is hitting the JP 3DS VC next week, so I guess we can count on 'em coming over eventually.

EDIT: Super Punch-Out on the JP Wii U VC, too.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Aren't both of those out already in the US VC? I know Super Punch out is on the Wii U at least.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Lolo definitely isn't.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

-Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate HD is out now in NA, $19.99. PAL-land version has been delayed to "late April" for some unspecified reason.
Well the 3DS release was also delayed for unspecified reasons, at least they're consistent. :v:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL date is April 17, saw it listed just now.

The 3DS version is already pretty cheap in NA, like $10 cheap.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

uPen posted:

I would. Why not?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

uPen posted:

I'd play the hell out of Battle Network 6 on the Wii U. :colbert:

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

JordanKai posted:

I'd play the hell out of Battle Network 6 on the Wii U. :colbert:

Well, if Capcom shows support for the DS Virtual Console like they've shown support for the others, you may have your chance one day!

Eventually!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sarchasm posted:

Well, if Capcom shows support for the DS Virtual Console like they've shown support for the others, you may have your chance one day!

Eventually!

Good thing he's talking about a GBA game and not a DS game

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Good thing he's talking about a GBA game and not a DS game

It was released on both, he probably didn't realize the DS version was a port.

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001

JP VC watch: Adventures of Lolo is hitting the JP 3DS VC next week, so I guess we can count on 'em coming over eventually.

EDIT: Super Punch-Out on the JP Wii U VC, too.

Yes! I loving love Lolo! Hopefully we'll get all the Lolo titles this time around (including the Gameboy one). Eventually.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

greatn posted:

Actually, I had no idea that there were Battle Network games for the GBA. I thought they were all on DS. I never played them, personally, so they're not exactly vivid in my memory.

In any case, the point stands. There's a GBA Virtual Console as well, and Capcom does a better job of getting its popular games on the service than any company I can name. They're even better at it than Nintendo.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

greatn posted:

Only 5 was released on DS.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Stink Terios posted:

Only 5 was released on DS.

It also had a feature that utilized the GBA port at the bottom. It would detect games like Botkai and the like and give you special chips for Battle Network. I can't remember how to access it completely since it's been years since I played but it was pretty cool to get those special chips.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Sarchasm posted:

Actually, I had no idea that there were Battle Network games for the GBA. I thought they were all on DS. I never played them, personally, so they're not exactly vivid in my memory.

In any case, the point stands. There's a GBA Virtual Console as well, and Capcom does a better job of getting its popular games on the service than any company I can name. They're even better at it than Nintendo.

Riddle me this: Why the gently caress are Mega Man 5 and 6 not on Wii or WiiU virtual console, but on 3ds?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

greatn posted:

Riddle me this: Why the gently caress are Mega Man 5 and 6 not on Wii or WiiU virtual console, but on 3ds?

Why isn't Super Mario Bros 3 out on anything?

I said they're better at it than other companies. They're still not doing a very good job.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Renegade Kid is looking to crowdfunds their horror fps Cult County; it's now a Unity gaming targeting multiple consoles raher than a 3DS game:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2029149553/cult-county-by-renegade-kid

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Question time. I have some money to burn on Paypal, and was hoping to find a way to use that money for the eShop to buy some of the Wii U GBA games. I'm almost positive that the eShop doesn't support Paypal itself, so does anyone know of a reliable site that I can use Paypal with to get a code instantly, and not just ship a card to my home?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Behonkiss posted:

Question time. I have some money to burn on Paypal, and was hoping to find a way to use that money for the eShop to buy some of the Wii U GBA games. I'm almost positive that the eShop doesn't support Paypal itself, so does anyone know of a reliable site that I can use Paypal with to get a code instantly, and not just ship a card to my home?

What's your region? I'm pretty sure GAME UK just emails you a redemption code.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

What's your region? I'm pretty sure GAME UK just emails you a redemption code.

The U.S., so no dice there.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
I did some digging, and it appears that Play-Asia offers them. Anyone know how legit or quick this place operates with codes?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Play-Asia is moderately speedy with them, 2-4 hours during actual business hours. If you place an order on the weekends or at 4AM you'll be waiting though.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Behonkiss posted:

Is there a reason why you can't just cash the money out to your bank account and use it for whatever? Seems like a more sensible option than paying a 30% markup for a points card.

vvv I guess it's different in the US or something, because PayPal Germany doesn't charge fees for withdrawals at all. vvv

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 3, 2014

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Katana Gomai posted:

Is there a reason why you can't just cash the money out to your bank account and use it for whatever? Seems like a more sensible option than paying a 30% markup for a points card.

Yeah, considering pay pal won't charge you a fee for low transactions out of your account, why not just transfer 20-50 out to your actual bank account and do it that way?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

When does the eShop update again in the US? I want to get some of those GBA games.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
12:00 EST.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of April 3):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    EDGE - €1.99 / £1.79 (permanent price reduction)
    RUSH - €1.99 / £1.79 (permanent price reduction)
    Toki Tori - €1.99 / £1.79 (permanent price reduction)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Advance Wars (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Metroid Fusion (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Starts May 30, ends June 30.
    Nano Assault Neo - €7.49 / £6.70 until April 10

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Super Monkey Ball 3D - €19.99 / £14.99
3DS eSHOP
    Bubble Pop World - €4.99 / £4.49
    EDGE - €1.99 / £1.79 (permanent price reduction)
    Monster Shooter - €4.00 / £3.20 (permanent price reduction)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Nano Assault EX (3DS eShop) - €7.49 / £6.35 until April 10
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (3DS eShop) - €5.20 / £4.70 until April 10
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €6.70 / £5.70 until April 10
    Angry Bunnies (3DS eShop) - €4.85 / £4.49 from until April 17
    Fishdom H20: Hidden Odyssey (3DS eShop) - €3.74 / £3.35 until April 17
    Snow Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until April 17
    Real Heroes: Firefighters 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 17

NA update (week of April 3):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Game & Wario - $29.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - $29.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Wonderful 101 - $29.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Sing Party - $19.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U eSHOP
    Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate HD - $19.99
    Evofish - $4.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Advance Wars (GBA) - $7.99
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA) - $7.99
    Metroid Fusion (GBA) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Dr. Mario on the Wii U VC, get Dr. Luigi for $5 off! - offer expires April 10

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Super Monkey Ball 3D - $19.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Rusty's Real Deal Baseball - free with microtransactions
    Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove - $5.99
    Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst - $5.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    ? (3DS eShop) - ?
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Bonsai Barber (WiiWare) - 250 Coins, available until April 6
    Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until April 6
    Number Battles (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until April 6
    Yoshi (Wii VC) - 200 Coins, available until April 6

(as always, I'm sure there are sales/discounts that NOA didn't bother to list, so post 'em if you see 'em)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I've never played any of the Mario & Luigi or Advance Wars games so I'm quite looking forward to them. I do wish they'd put them on the 3DS, but at least I can play them on the WiiU Gamepad and still get a bit of portability.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Metroid Fusion, Superstar Saga, and Advance Wars are all up on the eShop now! :dance:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Anyone play them yet to do a trip report about how they look on the screen / Gamepad?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Kirios posted:

Anyone play them yet to do a trip report about how they look on the screen / Gamepad?

There's a picture that I sent my brother (because I find it weird that this is a real thing).

Going to start Fusion now and I'll see how that is.

e: It's really not that bad, I think it looks pretty good. Plus if M2 worked on it that's pretty cool.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 3, 2014

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
I didn't ever think that I'd being willing to pay $24 someday for 3 gameboy advance games, but here I am.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It's sad how excited I am to rebuy games I've already beaten!

I'm such a classic game whore, I can't help it. Sure I could just pirate the stuff but I'm an adult damnit and I'm gonna pay for my electronic toy machine games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Kirios posted:

I played maybe 5 minutes of Advance Wars just to check it out. It looks fantastic on the Gamepad but not quite as good on my 32" LCD. I was mostly judging by the text, which looked fine on the smaller screen but obviously quite blocky on the big screen. Still, it and I imagine the other two games should both be totally playable either way.