Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cycowolf
Feb 14, 2005

Refill my prescription to whatever that thing is that makes the carpet stop turning into snakes in lieu of my coming conniption
I am the General, I want it to spin.

cycowolf fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

cycowolf posted:

I'm the General, I want it to spin.

"Alright, people, we created this multi-billion dollar facility under Cheyenne Mountain so that we can use this thing… Anyone know how?"

cycowolf
Feb 14, 2005

Refill my prescription to whatever that thing is that makes the carpet stop turning into snakes in lieu of my coming conniption

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

"Alright, people, we created this multi-billion dollar facility under Cheyenne Mountain so that we can use this thing… Anyone know how?"

I am watching that episode right now. Been doing a re-watch of the show. Forgot how much this episode made me laugh.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

cycowolf posted:

I am watching that episode right now. Been doing a re-watch of the show. Forgot how much this episode made me laugh.

It was the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ivnFZiGNM

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Invisible Jack O'Neill was the best. That should have been a B-story for three episodes or so.

"You are most transparent, O'Neill."

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I made the mistake of stumbling upon Gateworld soon after I saw that episode and they were all mad because the 200th episode was a joke and not serious or respectful enough :cry:

I've just got to the Teyla pregnancy plot. Please please please tell me that something half decent will come of this rather than some stupid loving who's the daddy and/or mystical infant messiah bullshit

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I remember finding Gateworld years ago and checking out the forum. At the time I had no idea what "shipping" was and when I found out I logged out and never went back.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I made the mistake of stumbling upon Gateworld soon after I saw that episode and they were all mad because the 200th episode was a joke and not serious or respectful enough :cry:

I've just got to the Teyla pregnancy plot. Please please please tell me that something half decent will come of this rather than some stupid loving who's the daddy and/or mystical infant messiah bullshit

Loads of stupid poo poo but when it's born she sends it away and forgets it ever existed.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Was the actress pregnant or did the writers just feel like wasting everyone's time?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Was the actress pregnant or did the writers just feel like wasting everyone's time?

Pregnant.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Can't it be both?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

SwissCM posted:

That isn't a problem, it's awesome.

Of course, a Stargate series about earth civil society adjusting to being exposed to interplanetary travel would be pretty interesting.

I maintain that the Ori seasons would have been a ton better if they had involved the Ori managing to get a Prior to Earth and converting a few countries, and that being how the existence of the Stargate was revealed to the public.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Didn't something like 30% of the world's population die out off screen in a two parter never to be mentioned again because of the Ori virus? Also, wasn't it the same one that killed the Ancients but we cured it and distributed it in a couple of days?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

PriorMarcus posted:

Didn't something like 30% of the world's population die out off screen in a two parter never to be mentioned again because of the Ori virus? Also, wasn't it the same one that killed the Ancients but we cured it and distributed it in a couple of days?

IIRC the Ori plague never made it to Earth, or at the very least the SGC came up with a cure before it got out of control.

There is an episode where a bunch of alternate SG1s start appearing and an alternate Fraiser says that in her reality the Ori Plague is pretty much wiping out humanity, so maybe you're thinking of that?

Edit: just checked the Wiki. The plague did make it to Earth but apparently they stopped it after it killed "only" 3000 people.

dpkg chopra fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 3, 2014

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

IIRC the Ori plague never made it to Earth, or at the very least the SGC came up with a cure before it got out of control.

There is an episode where a bunch of alternate SG1s start appearing and an alternate Fraiser says that in her reality the Ori Plague is pretty much wiping out humanity, so maybe you're thinking of that?

The plague got to Earth, and Mitchell was containing it, but the Jaffa Prior (can't remember his name, Garak I think?) was convinced by Teal'c to save the humans. He cured the infected at the SGC and Dr. Andromeda was able to synthesize the antibodies through those cured.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Snak posted:

Kolya was the best villain in Atlantis, which is kind of sad...

I want to disagree SO hard because Kolya was terrible.

Give me a bit while I think.

:mad:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I liked Kolya for the simple fact that the actor was in The Goonies.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

He was no Todd.

Primworm
Aug 19, 2008

Six pokeballs, more than enough to catch anything that moves.

GreenNight posted:

I liked Kolya for the simple fact that the actor was in The Goonies.

Ok I knew there was something familiar about him but haven't placed my finger on it. Who was he in the goonies?

Love to see this thread alive. I just got my friend watching sg1 the last few weeks, and he loves it. He was pretty blown away when I told him there were 10 seasons of sg1, 5 of Atlantis & 2 of universe.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Primworm posted:

Ok I knew there was something familiar about him but haven't placed my finger on it. Who was he in the goonies?

He was the older Fratelli brother!

Wheeze
Jul 31, 2007

What's wrong with Kolya? I thought he was alright.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Nullsmack posted:

C'mon, it's Stargate. Most of the time we got an extra alien, or sometimes Earth, ship it'd be blown up by the end of the episode. I really expected that with the one holding all of the Asgard knowledge at the end. You know they'd do something to undo the advantage if they wanted to continue the show. I mean, Atlantis itself should have more knowledge than the Asgard database anyways given how old the ancients were.

I'm sure the general plan was to basically just say "oh look, those tricksy Asguard put a cypher in here that we need to actually be smart enough to use their poo poo to get to their poo poo". I mean, who knows though, the Asguard went out like a bunch of punks, which was completely unnecessary.

TheChad posted:

I want to disagree SO hard because Kolya was terrible.

Give me a bit while I think.

:mad:

Let's count Todd as a villain. Although Kolya owned.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I suppose you can credit The Last Man as coming from that plot line, so something good came out of it. That's one of my favorite episodes.

The writers just never seemed to know what to do with Teyla "MY PEOPLE" Amagen. She was just pretty badly written, but not nearly as badly written as the Genii woman who was mad at her. Goddamn, the Storm was such a great two (three?) parter outside of that QUEST FOR REVENGE poo poo.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I didn't like Kolya as a villain because in the end he was only super effective or super dumb depending on what the plot required, but really that is a problem with most of Atlantis Stargate Sci-Fi tv shows in general.

Todd at least was amusing (vs. Kolya's boring sociopath character) and was the source of more interesting problems.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Kolya had his moments, but ultimately went out like a bitch. Also, don't forget his introductory scene in which he wore a black ninja outfit that accentuated his middle-aged paunch while somehow taking out multiple young, athletic opponents.

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

Hewlett posted:

Also, don't forget his introductory scene in which he wore a black ninja outfit that accentuated his middle-aged paunch while somehow taking out multiple young, athletic opponents.

Oh god that scene was hilarious, especially with that bandanna he had on lol

Anyway, this mullet is all party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcC_mgSJ5TI

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

They were both better than Michael.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

bobkatt013 posted:

They were both better than Michael.

If Michael only appeared in his debut episode, he would have been one of the best guest characters. I love that episode.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Hewlett posted:

Kolya had his moments, but ultimately went out like a bitch. Also, don't forget his introductory scene in which he wore a black ninja outfit that accentuated his middle-aged paunch while somehow taking out multiple young, athletic opponents.

They were really going for budget Stephen Seagal there, I think...

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
How 'bout those replicators?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

Steven Seagal is the budget Steven Seagal.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Snak posted:

Isn't that just Steven Seagal though?

EDIT: gently caress damnit beaten

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Aleph Null posted:

How 'bout those replicators?

Something something reproductive parts on the inside.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hewlett posted:

If Michael only appeared in his debut episode, he would have been one of the best guest characters. I love that episode.

Yeah him slowly figuring out that he is a wraith and not human. Then they kept on bringing him back and he died stupidly.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I liked Kolya, he had just the right amount of bastardness for me to get into him as a villain. His death was so stupid though.

I'm far more annoyed by them reusing the Replicators. Bringing back SG1's most boring enemies as the new big threat is just unbelievably lazy.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I liked Kolya, he had just the right amount of bastardness for me to get into him as a villain. His death was so stupid though.

I'm far more annoyed by them reusing the Replicators. Bringing back SG1's most boring enemies as the new big threat is just unbelievably lazy.

How was his death stupid? Didn't Shepherd throw him off the command tower of Atlantis after a hand to hand struggle?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Snak posted:

How was his death stupid? Didn't Shepherd throw him off the command tower of Atlantis after a hand to hand struggle?

Kolya was nowhere near deserving of going out in the manner of the great Hans Gruber.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

Kolya was nowhere near deserving of going out in the manner of the great Hans Gruber.

But he was introduced in a Die Hard ripoff episode...

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Snak posted:

That was Michael. Wasn't Kolya just gunned down after a western style pistol duel with Sheppard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

That was Michael. Wasn't Kolya just gunned down after a western style pistol duel with Sheppard?

Oh I have no idea then.