Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

Supposedly for June but it's dependent on if retailers actually order them.

The cases are selling out all over. Every time I hit TRU or Target there's a different lone survivor left on the pegs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

The cases are selling out all over. Every time I hit TRU or Target there's a different lone survivor left on the pegs.

Yup, I have no doubt retailers will order them so I'm not worried.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

Yup, I have no doubt retailers will order them so I'm not worried.

I'm tempted to order a whole case, kind of want the various Cap figs.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I still have a spare Marvel NOW! Cap if anybody needs/wants it. I just bought it for the BAF piece, $15+shipping.

edit: Oh and if nobody has noticed this yet, here's the Black Widow "Coming Soon" link for HTS. I've been refreshing it every hour or so, but no clue when she'll go live.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/captain-america-marvel-legends-black-widow-figure?BR=977&ID=32814

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there a Winter Soldier variant for Cap or did I imagine that?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 5, 2014

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I also have a Black Cat and Carnage that I impulse bought and regret. I'd let them go for $15 each, free shipping if both are purchased.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno posted:

Is there a Winter Soldier variant for Cap or did I imagine that?

Looks like there is, Neat!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

Looks like there is, Neat!

You mean the maskless head? It comes with the figure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

You mean the maskless head? It comes with the figure.

No I meant the figure in general. I somehow managed to be unaware of his existence until just now. Pretty sure I'm gonna pick up the rest of the line if now. I want that Mandroid.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

No I meant the figure in general. I somehow managed to be unaware of his existence until just now. Pretty sure I'm gonna pick up the rest of the line if now. I want that Mandroid.

Yeah its the stealth suit from the film, I think it replaces the Marvel NOW! Cap in that case wave.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Found a Toxin at Toys R Us today. I like the Carnage better, but Toxin turned out pretty well too.

I also picked up the DC Direct Arrow vs. Deathstroke 2-pack. I really love the show, and both figures look great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jace Madan posted:

I also picked up the DC Direct Arrow vs. Deathstroke 2-pack. I really love the show, and both figures look great.

Those figures look like poo poo.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I can't believe there's going to be a Figma Guyver 1 figure and nobody told me about it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ka0 posted:

I can't believe there's going to be a Figma Guyver 1 figure and nobody told me about it.

Really? Link?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Ka0 posted:

That's cause there may be a Guyver 1 figma... until there's a pre-order, don't believe it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

With Robocop and Samus, this would complete my holy trifecta of nerditude.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
This is interesting: Revoltech Ninja Turtles from the current show

They look good, except for the crotch thrust. I wonder if this is going to segue into figures from the new movie?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 6, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That looks like a Mezco toy circa 2006.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

I don't know why but it reminded me of this:

I saw the Smithers/PC at some random toy shop the other day and really wanted it.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Also Toxin presumably, since he's the Carnage replacement.

Is it Pat Mulligan or Eddie Brock? I may need to track it down if it's Pat.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Where can I get this?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, first you have to have a VCR, and then you find a tape, and well... you'll figure it out from there.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
This thread was started in the beginning of 2009. At what point does a new thread start?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sanschel posted:

Is it Pat Mulligan or Eddie Brock? I may need to track it down if it's Pat.

Whichever one can be done as a repaint of Carnage, I guess.

I have no idea.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is Brock.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Red posted:

This thread was started in the beginning of 2009. At what point does a new thread start?

Does this thread really need to be remade? Only reason I could think of making a new one, is so the OP can have recommendations on online stores and maybe a quick rundown on the popular toy lines.

edit: actually that does sound like a good reason too. make the second post all about the figma superiority tia

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Quick opinion question here.

After goofing around with my mom today about the various definitions of toy vs action figure vs doll, what's your breakdown of what gets called what?

To me, it works something like this :
If it's 50 bucks or less, it's a toy.
If it's 6" or smaller, and articulated, it's an action figure.
If it's 150 bucks or more, it's a collectible or a display.
It's never a doll.
Ever.
:colbert:

Unless it's literally a barbie, and then I don't understand why it's in my collection anyway so pfft.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
My wife says they're dolls and she's actually right! The only reason they're called "action figures" was to differentiate the difference between boys and girls dolls, specifically GI Joes in the 60s.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

vkeios posted:

edit: actually that does sound like a good reason too. make the second post all about the figma superiority tia

Sorry, but Figuarts/Super Robot Chogokin/Play Arts Kai* exists.
*Except those Star Trek ones. We don't talk about those.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
If it's tiny and has no joints, it's a figurine.
If it's small and has joints, it's an action figure.
If it's big and has no joints, it's a statue.
If it has comb-able hair or cloth clothes and has no weapons or armor, it's a doll.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

When this thread was made DCUC was still available in stores and standard 6" figures were still around $15.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
My toys r us doesn't seem to even carry the Cap legends. There's not even a place for them. They have the spider man 2 ones though.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

An Angry Bug posted:

If it's tiny and has no joints, it's a figurine.
If it's big and has no joints, it's a statue.
If it has comb-able hair or cloth clothes and has no weapons or armor, it's a doll.

What if it's big and and has joints? What about tiny and had joints? What if it has comb-able hair but has weapons and/or armor and joints? No joints? Please let us know more.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
I was just responding to Flanders. Geez.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Oh. Okely dokely.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

An Angry Bug posted:

Okay, so these are action figures. Good to see Azone bringing back clothing accessory kits for action figures.

p.s. action figure is just the term for insecure boys. They're all actually dollies, so its totally okay to buy a dollhouse for your x-men.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Actually, screw it. All figures with cloth parts are dolls. Including Hot Toys and Joes.
Also, that's what Playmobil houses are for. :colbert:

A Shitty Reporter fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

They're all dolls. Be secure in your hobbies.

Sanschel posted:

When this thread was made DCUC was still available in stores and standard 6" figures were still around $15.

It still blows my mind that when I started collecting Marvel Legends back in 2003 they were $5.99 a piece and loaded for bear with a base for the figure, accessories and a comic book.

Beanpants fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 3, 2014