Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I remembered Legend fondly and put it on for my little girl. She was bored and then absolutely terrified by the movie, which I think is a unique aspect of 80s family movies. Tim Curry as Satan is still my favorite depiction of Satan in a movie, specifically his make-up. That poster is cute but it really does look like a horn going into a fancy butt, which is a bit creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think that movie led to me loving Satan and all types of 'dark' types of art. :3:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FutonForensic posted:

Satan is the Prince of Darkness. :geno:

"Father something about her fascinates me."

"Woo her. Make her one of us."

Who is he talking to if not Satan?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

kiimo posted:

God?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

kiimo posted:

I'm just being an rear end about titles, I don't remember if they refer to the horned guy in Legend as "The Prince of Darkness" or not, but his actual name should be "Prince of Prince of Darkness," or maybe "Prince of Darkness Jr." :v:

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

kiimo posted:

edit:

Satan is his father, he's the Prince of Darkness if I remember.

Lord of Darkness.
"Every wolf suffers fleas, tis' easy enough to scratch"

Tim Curry makes that movie worth watching. That and the inordinate amount of things floating around the screen in every scene. They did that poo poo manually back then, not after effects.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
It's a beautiful film too. Like, I hardly give two shits about most of the story, but I can watch it endlessly because of the cinematography and effects.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

FutonForensic posted:

I'm just being an rear end about titles, I don't remember if they refer to the horned guy in Legend as "The Prince of Darkness" or not, but his actual name should be "Prince of Prince of Darkness," or maybe "Prince of Darkness Jr." :v:

The son of a prince is a prince so he'd be the Prince of Darkness.

e: :goonsay:

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

uPen posted:

The son of a prince is a prince so he'd be the Prince of Darkness.

e: :goonsay:

Would Satan have to get married in order to become a King of Darkness?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Satan is way too busy for marriage, you fools.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Hewlett posted:

Would Satan have to get married in order to become a King of Darkness?

Sounds like the beginning of a romantic comedy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gonz posted:

Satan is way too busy for marriage.

That's what he tells himself when Saddam is "working late".

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Maarak posted:

Sounds like the beginning of a romantic comedy.

He has to get married within 72 hours to retain ownership of hell, learns Important Life Lessons along the way. We'll call it Satan's Millions.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

mr. stefan posted:

He has to get married within 72 hours to retain ownership of hell, learns Important Life Lessons along the way. We'll call it Satan's Millions.

Demon's Soulmates, if you will.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This is still one of my favorite bad guy costumes ever. I did not like the movie, but this guy is fantastic. The horns are perfect.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Maybe it's all the Nymphomaniac posters I've seen lately, but I can't not see a stylized vagina with inexplicable horn jutting out.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I seriously thought LEGEND was like "Teeth" but with tentacles.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

kiimo posted:

I always assumed his father was some sort of nameless, formless cthulu-esque elder god.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mr. stefan posted:

This is literally The Santa Clause 2, but switching up the last three letters of Santa.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I would watch the poo poo out of The Satan Clause

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Good lord, I had a huge crush on Mia Sara for the longest time. Legend and Ferris Bueller's Day Off were two movies I watched countless times growing up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

mr. stefan posted:

One of my film school friends wrote and had produced a 12 page script that is about the son of the Devil having 72 hours to get a soul, and going about this by trying to date a hipster girl who works at a movie theater.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

TheJoker138 posted:

One of my film school friends wrote and had produced a 12 page script that is about the son of the Devil having 72 hours to get a soul, and going about this by trying to date a hipster girl who works at a movie theater.

Did he play the son?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

Wasn't that the plot to Litle Nicky?

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Teenage Fansub posted:

Could this possibly be an April Fools? Is it a confirmed thing?

e: Found out for myself.
http://www.slashfilm.com/noah-art-posters/ Posted five days ago.

ee: and there's this http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/take-a-look-inside-darren-aronofskys-stunning-nyc-noah-art-show/

These should've been posters.

'Original very holy moly'

drat that Matt Furie one is sick.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

I have no earthly idea how to respond to this.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

I would love it if this were the only "character poster" released.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ah yes, because Frasier Crane = Action Hero.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

This makes me think this is going to be a movie about fishing, which I'd probably enjoy more than waht the actual movie is going to be.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

What's all that crap around him? Lighting equipment? A parasol and a heavy-duty fishing rod?

Edit: The Expendables Summer Vacation

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Ah yes, because Frasier Crane = Action Hero.
:thejoke:

Hes not in "cool" clothes and hes in a silly pose.

http://www.iamrogue.com/news/movie-news/item/10990-huge-haul-of-16-the-expendables-3-character-posters-flex-their-muscle.html

Theres the rest. People laughing with guns, and Frasier is there in his fishing outfit. Its humor®.

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 3, 2014

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Why is he standing like he's got to go pee?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

axleblaze posted:

This makes me think this is going to be a movie about fishing, which I'd probably enjoy more than waht the actual movie is going to be.

He's literally playing Frasier, who was convinced to leave his posh Seattle highrise to try and have "fun" by going on a fishing excursion. Unfortunately for the put-upon radio host and psychiatrist, he becomes entangled in a globe-spanning adventure with an unlikely gang of rough mercenaries. Will Frasier make it back in time for his show or will Roz have to find a fill-in?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Just Offscreen posted:

I have no earthly idea how to respond to this.

Laughing seems pretty natural.

I have no idea what they were going for with those posters, though. Like, why are they explicitly making it a photo shoot? Are The Expendables stopping some sort of terrorist at a fashion show or something?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Baron von Eevl posted:

He's literally playing Frasier, who was convinced to leave his posh Seattle highrise to try and have "fun" by going on a fishing excursion. Unfortunately for the put-upon radio host and psychiatrist, he becomes entangled in a globe-spanning adventure with an unlikely gang of rough mercenaries. Will Frasier make it back in time for his show or will Roz have to find a fill-in?

I think I would pay like $300 to watch this movie.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Baron von Eevl posted:

I would actually watch the movie if this was real.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
As long as it ends up that Eddie is allied with the villains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Throw in a hilarious misunderstanding and I'm sold.