Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
This is why I love watching Titan play

http://youtu.be/GyRGbpgOOcY

http://youtu.be/8HoaIWJUdJs

http://youtu.be/xSi566Bs-pU

Smol fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

I bring you interesting weapon facts from a reddit thread:

quote:

• Just like the P250, the FiveseveN and the Tec9 are also a one hit headshot against armored opponents, and have a longer lethal range than the P250.
  • The P250 deals the exact same raw damage (35) as the USP/P2000. Infact, it deals lesser damage at range compared to the P2000 because of its high damage falloff value. The only reason it is worth buying is because it penetrates armor much better than the P2000. If your opponent is unarmored, you are putting yourself at a huge disadvantage everytime you use the P250.
  • The Dual Berettas deal an insane raw damage of 38 damage per bullet. 3 upclose hits against an unarmored opponent is all it takes. However it suffers from very severe damage falloff over range and has poor armor penetration.
  • The deagle is not a one hit headshot at extreme distances : Pit to Goose on Dust2.
  • The MP9 fires as fast as the P90. People complain about the P90 being broken, but the MP9 can be equally broken when used against unarmored opponents.
  • You can buy a Mac10 on the pistol round if you save $800 and kill a guy, run back to spawn, and buy the gun.
  • The MP9 and Mac10 suffer the least bullet spread when jumping, landing, and running at full speed. Making them the most mobile SMGs. Other SMGs are far less accurate while jumping.
  • The UMP deals the most raw damage (35) in the SMG category. Other SMGs do not reach 30.
  • The P90 actually deals the least damage (26) in the SMG category, but has the highest armor penetration value (65%), with the UMP following close at (55%).
  • Interesting fact to note is that the UMP cannot penetrate anything more than a thin wooden surface (wood doors). All other SMGs can penetrate even thin wooden boxes, but the UMP cannot, only being able to at slight angles.
  • The XM1014 is the only shotgun that fires 6 pellets per shot. All other shotguns fire 9 pellets. It has however, the highest armor penetration (80%).
  • The Sawedoff shotgun's pellets disappear after a short distance of 750 units. (Length of catwalk on Dust2)
  • The Sawedoff shotgun is supposed to have a x1 penetration, but this is mot implemented in the game.
  • The Nova loses the least damage over distance. A 30% reduction per 500 units travelled by the bullet. (This value is shared by the XM1014). The other 2 shotguns lose a whopping 65% damage per 500 units traveled. This is why the Mag7 and Sawedoff are not worth the money if you plan to engage anyone beyond point blank range.
  • The Nova is the least accurate shotgun when jumping while the sawedoff is the most accurate.
  • The Famas is the weakest rifle. It loses 4% damage per 500 units travelled. The M4 is at 3% and all terrorist rifles are at 2% making them far more effective at range.
  • The Famas is also the most inaccurate rifle.
  • The AUG is the most accurate rifle. It is also a one hit headshot weapon at taser range. It can also penetrate thick wooden boxes which are impervious to M4s. Only the AK shares this feature.
  • The SG553 deals more damage, fires faster, and is more accurate than the AK. It is a one hit kill at all ranges.
  • The SG553 deals a whopping 37 damage to the stomach of an opponent, making it the highest possible damage a rifle can deal in a single shot. It is possible to kill an opponent in 3 hits. 3 pure stomach shots, or 2 stomach shots, and 1 chest shot.
  • The AK has the lowest fire rate of any rifle.
  • The UMP and the CZ75 share the same fire rate with the AK47.
  • The M249 actually fires faster than any rifle in existence, but is still slower than the Negev.
  • The SSG08 is 100% accurate when the user is at the peak of a jump and while falling.
  • The G3SG1 slows down an opponent slightly more than the SCAR20 does when the opponent is hit.
  • Molotovs deal more damage than incendiary grenades.

There, now you don't have to visit reddit.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Here's a fun CS:GO fact that was left off of that list: whoknew was a bit fat meanie yesterday to me when I was trying to get my Zeus 'cheev. :mad:

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

UMP competitively valid. Confirmed.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I guess I need to get more used to picking up AUGs & SSGs. I'm so much more comfortable with the AK and m4 but I guess if I have the opportunity to pick up a dead guy's objectively superior gun I should.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
That list is bullshit the sawn off owns bones

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Twerk from Home posted:

I guess I need to get more used to picking up AUGs & SSGs. I'm so much more comfortable with the AK and m4 but I guess if I have the opportunity to pick up a dead guy's objectively superior gun I should.

I think I would use them more, but I really don't like the new sights on them.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

Smol posted:

I think I would use them more, but I really don't like the new sights on them.

yeah but you dont *have* to use the sight

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I can use the scope on the SG553 and do fine, though I can't hit anything unscoped. The vice-versa is true with the Aug.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Twerk from Home posted:

I don't know that I'd call them 'objectively superior' because they do have their drawbacks.

As someone who loving looooooooooooves the 553, I'd say the scope is really situational in that it's just a weird hybrid between the autosniper and the AK.

I'd say it's worse for entry fragging and close-range engagements, but for holding a lane of fire I like it a lot more than the AK.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

mstrkrft posted:

yeah but you dont *have* to use the sight

You don't, but the recoil is pretty much doubled if you don't use them.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

The recoil changes if you zoom in? It doesn't just look like a bigger spread because you're zoomed?

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010

RadioPassive posted:

The recoil changes if you zoom in? It doesn't just look like a bigger spread because you're zoomed?

Nope, the recoil pattern is more or less halved in terms of size. For any engagement outside of point blank range, it will now do you favors to quick scope and then fire. I personally think it doesn't make sense but I think they intend the change so the AUG doesn't become an all around upgrade to the M4.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

RadioPassive posted:

Nope, the Krieg's recoil goes bonkers if you aren't scoped.

For moderate range(Dust 2 Long A Doors Peek):

Scoped, on shot 4 you need to be pulling down towards knees and by shot 7 you're probably going to need to be staring at the ground in between you and your target.

Unscoped you should be aiming at feet by shot 3 and by shot 6 you should probably just be aiming at the ground beneath you.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
What is more important, buying armor, buying armor and a helmet, or buying a weapon? Assume the choice is taking place at the absolute bottom of skill level. In my first game where we got stomped I never had enough to get full armor + a good weapon at the same time, and never could even consider grenades. What gets priority?

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

What is more important, buying armor, buying armor and a helmet, or buying a weapon? Assume the choice is taking place at the absolute bottom of skill level. In my first game where we got stomped I never had enough to get full armor + a good weapon at the same time, and never could even consider grenades. What gets priority?

Save until you can get both, and nades realistically. You should not be buying every round.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

PROTOSTORM!!! posted:

Nope, the recoil pattern is more or less halved in terms of size. For any engagement outside of point blank range, it will now do you favors to quick scope and then fire. I personally think it doesn't make sense but I think they intend the change so the AUG doesn't become an all around upgrade to the M4.

Paging slime to verify this

edit:

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Like phiberoptik said you shouldn't be buying anything at all (besides maybe a p250) unless your whole team can full buy, which is armor + helmet, rifle and a full complement of grenades. Read Daeno's post on the first page of the thread for a good guide on buying. It's like halfway down the page.

astr0man fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 3, 2014

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

If everyone (or at least all but one) person on your team can afford armor, helmet, and a rifle then you all buy armor, helmet & rifle. If multiple people can't afford helmet & rifle, then just buy a P250 or FiveseveN and no armor, and save money for next round.

This is all in the OP with way more detail.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
If I have to save a round, I'll buy a CZ and try to rush and catch the other team out of position/unaware. $300 for a 1:1 trade isn't too bad.

Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL

astr0man posted:

They listed out the variables in the patch notes.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
What patch notes?

Also is it actually a different spray pattern or is it just tighter with the scope?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Twerk from Home posted:

If everyone (or at least all but one) person on your team can afford armor, helmet, and a rifle then you all buy armor, helmet & rifle. If multiple people can't afford helmet & rifle, then just buy a P250 or FiveseveN and no armor, and save money for next round.

This is all in the OP with way more detail.

Also note that this is just a starting point for beginners. As you get better you'll get used to concepts like keeping your money even with your team on save rounds. You can spend a bit more on nades or even armour if you're the richest.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

astr0man posted:

What patch notes?

Also is it actually a different spray pattern or is it just tighter with the scope?

Pretend the spray is a picture. When you zoom in, you shrink your spray down too, but it's still centered on your crosshair. Try shooting 30 rounds unscoped, then 30 rounds scoped, and you'll notice that it's basically just a BIG SPRAY/LITTLE SPRAY kind of thing.

Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL

astr0man posted:

What patch notes?

whoops, I forgot that not everyone looks at cyborgmatt's breakdowns:
http://www.ongamers.com/articles/cs-go-5th-february-patch-content-analysis/1100-843/
code:
AUG	CycleTime = 0.10		CycleTime = 0.08		Minimum time between shots decreased.
AUG	InaccuracyMove = 90.45		InaccuracyMove = 135.45		Movement inaccuracy increased by 50%.
AUG	SpreadAlt = 0.50		SpreadAlt = 0.30		Scoped fire now has less spread than standard.
AUG	InaccuracyMoveAlt = 70.45	InaccuracyMoveAlt = 105.45	Movement inaccuracy increased by 50% (alt fire).
AUG	Didn't exist			RecoilMagnitudeAlt = 14		Scoped fire now has less recoil than standard.
SG 553	CycleTime = 0.11		CycleTime = 0.09		Minimum time between shots decreased.
SG 553	InaccuracyMove = 91.01		InaccuracyMove = 136.01		Movement inaccuracy increased by 50%.
SG 553	SpreadAlt = 0.50		SpreadAlt = 0.30		Scoped fire now has less spread than standard.
SG 553	InaccuracyMoveAlt = 91.01	InaccuracyMoveAlt = 136.01	Movement inaccuracy increased by 50% (alt fire).
SG 553	Didn't exist			RecoilMagnitudeAlt = 19		Scoped fire now has less recoil than standard.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

astr0man posted:

Read Daeno's post on the first page of the thread for a good guide on buying. It's like halfway down the page.

Here's a link to it

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Thanks for reminding me about this as it should be in the OP

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

If your team can't buy together you need to all save together and chalk the round up as a loss. Try to get some kills/steal a gun to hurt their economy and help yours.

CTs don't have to buy helmets vs full buying Ts.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Bashez posted:

I understand where you're coming from but there's a (admittedly small) number of occurrences where I've been dinked by an AK through a box or something and gotten away with it.

I never did think of that, thanks.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Bashez posted:

Correct. The problem is sometimes you don't know if they're full buying, or if you'll be in a situation where one will have to use their pistol. But yes if you're hurting for money you can skimp on the helmets and generally be no worse off.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Just played my first game on Assault. Guddamn that was a T-sided map.

Also, Gold Nova I. :toot:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Beach Bum posted:

I understand where you're coming from but there's a (admittedly small) number of occurrences where I've been dinked by an AK through a box or something and gotten away with it.

Necc0 posted:

Correct. The problem is sometimes you don't know if they're full buying, or if you'll be in a situation where one will have to use their pistol. But yes if you're hurting for money you can skimp on the helmets and generally be no worse off.

I think the pros to saving the $350 outweigh the cons, plus you should have a general idea on the other teams finances and when they are going to eco. Coupled with the fact that Ts don't usually have to eco as many rounds as the CTs and a helmet could be the difference between buying a Famas(ew) and an A1(eh).

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Krieg is a steaming pile of poo poo in comparison compared to the AK, despite that post saying that it is better in every way than the AK except price.

Peeps are welcome to try use it though.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
"I'm going short, and by going short I mean rushing out of it every round to get mowed down by the 3 guys waiting for me, kill none of them and then call out '3 on short' when I effectively already gave them free reign over A".

That was a Nova 4. Doing it over and over again every single round.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

emanresu tnuocca posted:

"I'm going short, and by going short I mean rushing out of it every round to get mowed down by the 3 guys waiting for me, kill none of them and then call out '3 on short' when I effectively already gave them free reign over A".

That was a Nova 4. Doing it over and over again every single round.

Yeah, that seems like the difference between a nova and silver. A silver would make you guess as to what's happening.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i won a game with mg2s using only a deagle last night so i'm not even sure what the difference between any rank is anymore

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

astr0man posted:

edit:

Like phiberoptik said you shouldn't be buying anything at all (besides maybe a p250) unless your whole team can full buy, which is armor + helmet, rifle and a full complement of grenades. Read Daeno's post on the first page of the thread for a good guide on buying. It's like halfway down the page.

As always the answer lies in the GIFs

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Greetings from nova MM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLakDNOaM2o

Sorry for the quality, it's my first time a)recording a frag video and b)doing something noteworthy enough to be in a frag video.

bonus Negev footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9vS1H7JjWs

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I had a guy report me for walling today. I've never had a greater compliment. :unsmith:

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.
aug and sig will always be unusable in my eyes until they fix those awful dots in the scope

• Locked thread