Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
Oh hai Oath thread, long time no see!

Took a break from painting but I'll join in the final month. Not doing any bonus stuff, just painting a unit.

Oathing a full unit of Idrian Skirmishers + UA. 28 mm, Privateer Press

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Galaspar posted:

I think I should end the year with something a bit special.

For April I oath one Imperial Knight Paladin. 28mm scale, GW

House Mortimer shall walk once more!

Go big, or go home :rock:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Is it okay if I do more than 2 of the previous goals for this months jurnul? I was thinking of doing a bunch of them on one model to put together a bunch of what I learned.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Weirdo posted:

I, Weirdo, Oath these five 28mm Zomblins from Titan-Forge, and these four goblin rabble from Mantic Games 28mm Kings of War line, with one bearing the standard.

Germ posted:

For April, I oath these two ponds and this Plague Defense Line. All are intended for 28mm models. All were scratch built and cast by myself, so I'm hoping that will count as a conversion?
Yep, scratch-built counts as a conversion!

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint seven GW Chaos Cultists and one Reaper Bones barbarian (counts-as Cultist Champion), all 28mm

Galaspar posted:

I think I should end the year with something a bit special.

For April I oath one Imperial Knight Paladin. 28mm scale, GW

Arlaharen posted:

Oh hai Oath thread, long time no see!

Took a break from painting but I'll join in the final month. Not doing any bonus stuff, just painting a unit.

Oathing a full unit of Idrian Skirmishers + UA. 28 mm, Privateer Press

Accepted! Quite a variety :)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
For the moment, I, Dr. Gargunza, am making an :siren: Alternate Universe Oath :siren: of this mini:  Liela Mordollwen, Dark Elf Sorceress (Reaper Bones, 28mm)!  (which I'm only doing as an alt-oath 'cos the parts I've ordered for this month's intended main oath still haven't shown up, rassum frassum)

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
I think a big countdown timer in the Op with one set due time is the way to go. I stopped oath ing because it was a bit complicated to follow all of the the little rules, for casual little competition intended to get your mans painted things got a little hard to follow. I can only imagine it was a headache for the organisers and having people working from their own time zone is only creating more effort for them for no real reward.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Seems like the majority of people replying to the time zone question want a single set time, then. I do intend on posting a link to a questionnaire this weekend which will have many other questions in it, so everyone please stay tuned!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

For the moment, I, Dr. Gargunza, am making an :siren: Alternate Universe Oath :siren: of this mini:  Liela Mordollwen, Dark Elf Sorceress (Reaper Bones, 28mm)!  (which I'm only doing as an alt-oath 'cos the parts I've ordered for this month's intended main oath still haven't shown up, rassum frassum)

OK, Accepted!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Just chiming in to agree with having a countdown, since I procrastinate horribly :v:

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, swear a great and terrible oath to paint the following:

3x Tokens to mark animosity in case I ever play a game of Warhammer,
1x Mangler Squig stand-in conversion,
1x Night Goblin Fanatic
1x Super Mystery Conversion (gotta end this year with a bang!)

I might add more later but I'm not sure how long Super Mystery Conversion is going to take me. It's going to be elaborate, if the bill of materials doesn't already suggest it :v:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

I went with the Convert/customize and Object Source Lighting for this month's Detectuv's Jurnal.

Pretty quick turnaround for this guy. I'm not 100% happy with this guy--the attempt at aging/vertigras on the sword hilt turned out like rear end, and I'm just not really happy with the sword overall--but I'm not gonna sweat it very much. Turns out I'm rusty on doing OSL by hand too, grown too used to doing it via airbrush.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, swear a great and terrible oath to paint the following:

3x Tokens to mark animosity in case I ever play a game of Warhammer,
1x Mangler Squig stand-in conversion,
1x Night Goblin Fanatic
1x Super Mystery Conversion (gotta end this year with a bang!)

Accepted!

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
April Oath

3 Grom from Drake

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I, enri, do oath to paint the following odds and sods

3 x UCM Sabre Battle Tanks, scale is 10mm and manufacturer is Hawk Wargames
3 x UCM Rapier AA Tanks, scale is 10mm and manufacturer is Hawk Wargames

...I have some other bits and pieces on order I'd like to oath, so there may be an addition or two yet to come if they arrive in time :v:

edit: the timestamp in my photo and the timestamp on this post are several hours apart because I whipped out my paints and set straight to work on them :3:

edit edit: just these tanks and the big dropships to go and I've then painted the entirety of the DZC starter set, woo.. that's an accomplishment and a half for me.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I, Iris of Ether, oath the following:

An Oxidation Beast, a Townsfolk: Grandmother, a Townsfolk: Blacksmith, a Clay Golem, and shop cat miniature. All are Reaper Bones (28mm), except the cat, which is made of Reaper, Hirst Arts, and Stonehaven Miniatures bits.

I've done some customizations to these. I put together a base for the rust monster with some spare metal pieces I hacked off another mini:

I gave Grandma Adventurer a scary stab-dagger:

And I glued together a piece with the family pet(s):

The skull came from the inside of an old Reaper paint bottle! :3:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Signal Oath one Display Board, and one Diorama, the latter of which includes a 28mm Terminator from GW

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren:I Indolent Bastard, oath 1 Antipode Controller from Corvus Beli (Infinity) and 10 6mm Norman bowmen and 1 [converted to] Norman Warlord from Baccus Miniatures :siren:

I can do the conversion monthly theme twice on two different models correct?

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 6, 2014

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:toot: Let's round this, my first oathing season off with a party - I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the month of April :toot:
  • Armsmen class Frigate for Firestorm Armada by Spartan in 1:10000
  • Big Mech Giant MVP for Dreadball by Mantic in 28mm
  • Illic Nightspear for 40k by GW in 28mm
  • Galvaniser Light Vector for Warmachine by PP in 28mm
  • Marauder Hulk for Deadzone by Mantic in 28mm
  • Myrmidon Officer w/ Combi-rifle for Infinity by Corvus Belli in 28mm
  • Ogre Warrior for Kings of War by Mantic in 28mm
  • Focault 'R-6' Medium Tank for Dystopian Wars by Spartan in 1:1200
  • Sherman V tank for Flames of War by Battlefront in 15mm
  • Small Shipping Cube by Underground Lasers in 28mm
  • Stormrage Veteran for Warpath by Mantic in 28mm
as small as I could make it and still have the date legible

Also going to try and save this whale

What's this, another whale? I'll try and save that one too

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

KingMob posted:

April Oath

3 Grom from Drake

enri posted:

I, enri, do oath to paint the following odds and sods

3 x UCM Sabre Battle Tanks, scale is 10mm and manufacturer is Hawk Wargames
3 x UCM Rapier AA Tanks, scale is 10mm and manufacturer is Hawk Wargames

Iris of Ether posted:

I, Iris of Ether, oath the following:

An Oxidation Beast, a Townsfolk: Grandmother, a Townsfolk: Blacksmith, a Clay Golem, and shop cat miniature. All are Reaper Bones (28mm), except the cat, which is made of Reaper, Hirst Arts, and Stonehaven Miniatures bits.

Signal posted:

I Signal Oath one Display Board, and one Diorama, the latter of which includes a 28mm Terminator from GW

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren:I Indolent Bastard, oath 1 Antipode Controller from Corvus Beli (Infinity) and 10 6mm Norman bowmen and 1 [converted to] Norman Warlord from Baccus Miniatures :siren:
I can do the conversion monthly theme twice on two different models correct?
Yup!

NTRabbit posted:

:toot: Let's round this, my first oathing season off with a party - I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the month of April :toot:
  • Armsmen class Frigate for Firestorm Armada by Spartan in 1:10000
  • Big Mech Giant MVP for Dreadball by Mantic in 28mm
  • Illic Nightspear for 40k by GW in 28mm
  • Galvaniser Light Vector for Warmachine by PP in 28mm
  • Marauder Hulk for Deadzone by Mantic in 28mm
  • Myrmidon Officer w/ Combi-rifle for Infinity by Corvus Belli in 28mm
  • Ogre Warrior for Kings of War by Mantic in 28mm
  • Focault 'R-6' Medium Tank for Dystopian Wars by Spartan in 1:1200
  • Sherman V tank for Flames of War by Battlefront in 15mm
  • Small Shipping Cube by Underground Lasers in 28mm
  • Stormrage Veteran for Warpath by Mantic in 28mm
as small as I could make it and still have the date legible

All of these oaths are Accepted!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I, thespaceinvader, oath: One Earth Elemental (my second this season, I had two sent to me by accident), one Deladri, Female Assassin, one chest and one chest MONSTER all by Reaper Miniatures Bones. Deladri is converted with a different base and off-hand weapon, and I'll be doing (hopefully) NMM on the chests for this month's jurnal. Original photo of Deladri here: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones%20ranger%20female/latest/77035

(The latter with flash so you can actually see what's going on)

Deladri is going to be Sue Storm in my fantasy Fantastic Four set, whilst the Earth Elemental is going to be the Thing.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

thespaceinvader posted:

I, thespaceinvader, oath: One Earth Elemental (my second this season, I had two sent to me by accident), one Deladri, Female Assassin, one chest and one chest MONSTER all by Reaper Miniatures Bones. Deladri is converted with a different base and off-hand weapon, and I'll be doing (hopefully) NMM on the chests for this month's jurnal.

Accepted!

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
I, Avenger_Mullah, hereby oath 1 stabbing tentacle bag thingie (Black Cat Miniatures), 1 Bones Undead Dude (Reaper), 1 Chaos Warrior with homemade hat (GW), 5 Goblins from the Hobbit (GW), 7 coffins + 1 lid (Fenris)

The Chaos Warrior is a conversion. He tried to make his hat as pretty as possible, but it's hard when one hand is a tentacle. The Goblins should count as a group, the coffins will be use as game markers to indicate where characters have died.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Avenger_Mullah posted:

I, Avenger_Mullah, hereby oath 1 stabbing tentacle bag thingie (Black Cat Miniatures), 1 Bones Undead Dude (Reaper), 1 Chaos Warrior with homemade hat (GW), 5 Goblins from the Hobbit (GW), 7 coffins + 1 lid (Fenris)

Accepted!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath 5 Terminators and an Imperial Bastion

All models are Games Workshop 28mm.

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
I, Android, oath these four Orkish wreck markers from Worldsmith Industries

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath 5 Terminators and an Imperial Bastion
All models are Games Workshop 28mm.

Android posted:

I, Android, oath these four Orkish wreck markers from Worldsmith Industries

Accepted!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath this German infantry platoon, Pz.Kpfw.II, and farmhouse:

All of this is 15mm (1/100). The terrain is from much under-appreciated Musket Miniatures, the tank is by Zvezda, and the infantry are a mixture of Battlefront's Flames of War and Old Glory's Command Decision lines.

Combined with last month, I'll finally have enough models to demo Chain of Command :dance:.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATHING: Privateer Press Gator, two Wyrd puppet wars figurines and a diorama mostly comprising of Wyrd models!

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

For the month of April, I Forkbanger oath to paint Pandora, Candy, Baby Kade, a Poltergeist, 3 Sorrows, and Mr. Graves-

That's Pandora's No Shelter Here Crew Box for Malifaux, and a Mr. Graves.

Mr. Graves has also had a little work done-

Before

After

e; tables.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
I've done a bit of conversion work on my models, since the original Mantic arms are weedy and grot-like. So are the legs but they're molded into the torso and there's no changing them.

Someone's been skipping arm day...

Instead, I've been substituting regular Ork choppa/slugga bits, I thought to try some shoota arms but I didn't have any spares lying around.

They fit the bodies pretty well, actually. Only a few sculpts have needed greenstuff or fill-in stucco work with the gesso.

I got a little creative with two of the models, one's got a prototype Kustom Mega-Blasta on loan from the Mek:

And another is doing double duty as the Warboss's standard bearer. I think that's part of a Fantasy kit but does anyone know what one?

Anyrate, I suppose I'll be doing Conversion/Cut and Swap and Getting Suited Up for my dual Jurnal entries, let's see what I can make of it!

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

I see I have some comrades in my final month of ridiculous oathing. I finally got some time off! I will spend them in my dank dungeon, making plastic fellows into more colorful plastic fellows.

:unsmigghh:I, MONOLITHS, BEING NOT THE LEAST BIT OF SOUND MIND, DO OATH 35 ORK BOYZ, 2 NOBS, 3 LOOTAZ, A DEFF DRED, 3 KILLA KANZ, AND A STOMPA:unsmigghh:

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
Speed paint thingie

I speed painted the five goblins

Original picture

Finished picture

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
I, Illudere oath the following in 10mm from Pandraken miniatures: 20 zombies and 15 mounted knights. I also oath a 10mm Games Workshop elf on eagle.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

KingMob posted:

April Oath

3 Grom from Drake

Some googling suggests "grom" from "drake" is Action Games Miniatures, is that right? And these are 28mm?

Avenger_Mullah posted:

The Chaos Warrior is a conversion. He tried to make his hat as pretty as possible, but it's hard when one hand is a tentacle. The Goblins should count as a group, the coffins will be use as game markers to indicate where characters have died.

I can see the green stuff but I still have to be an rear end in a top hat and ask for a before photo for the conversion work, I guess

Sorry for the delay everyone, I'll be doing the prize draws for March later today! I had the power in my office off for much of the weekend due to my house having the kitchen ceiling fan on the same loving circuit as the bedrooms, the dining room light, the kitchen ceiling light, and the porch light. gently caress you, 1958 electrician!

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I can see the green stuff but I still have to be an rear end in a top hat and ask for a before photo for the conversion work, I guess

I only have the same pic, but hopefully a blow up edition will work?

Is that good enough?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fine, of course it is, but technically what I was looking for was a shot of the original model. But nobody's going to complain because obviously it's converted.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

moths posted:

I, moths, oath this German infantry platoon, Pz.Kpfw.II, and farmhouse:

Ledgem posted:

OATHING: Privateer Press Gator, two Wyrd puppet wars figurines and a diorama mostly comprising of Wyrd models!

ForkBanger posted:

For the month of April, I Forkbanger oath to paint Pandora, Candy, Baby Kade, a Poltergeist, 3 Sorrows, and Mr. Graves-
That's Pandora's No Shelter Here Crew Box for Malifaux, and a Mr. Graves.

Monoliths posted:

I see I have some comrades in my final month of ridiculous oathing. I finally got some time off! I will spend them in my dank dungeon, making plastic fellows into more colorful plastic fellows.

:unsmigghh:I, MONOLITHS, BEING NOT THE LEAST BIT OF SOUND MIND, DO OATH 35 ORK BOYZ, 2 NOBS, 3 LOOTAZ, A DEFF DRED, 3 KILLA KANZ, AND A STOMPA:unsmigghh:

Illudere posted:

I, Illudere oath the following in 10mm from Pandraken miniatures: 20 zombies and 15 mounted knights. I also oath a 10mm Games Workshop elf on eagle.
Holy drat some of you are mental. Go for it, though! Accepted!

Haydrian posted:

I've done a bit of conversion work on my models
nice!

Germ
May 7, 2013

Avenger_Mullah posted:

I only have the same pic, but hopefully a blow up edition will work?

Is that good enough?

RescueGoon to the rescue! I'd recognize the shape of one of the old plastic hunchbacked chaos warriors anywhere (mainly because I have a gazillion of them). Here's what one looks like unconverted (not mine - just found it on the web and re-hosted it):

And here's the box art:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of April One Converted Questing/Grail Knight (using mantic and GW parts), and 5 mantic zombies.

I have some pictures of the conversion process here, will be claiming the Conversion Detetuv Jurual, Cut and swap, and a few others once I actually paint it:

Cutting off a peg ment to hook into the arm of the model:

Cutting off part of the spear arm to make it fit:

Putting him together:

For the record the conversion was made out of the following models:
High Elf Phoenix Guard for the pointing arm and the sword I'm adding to him,

Bretonnian Knights for the Horse and the head:

This is a bad picture but the body is from the mounted guy on the bottom left of this picture, the one holding the flag and on his own:

Other Bits come from some miscellaneous kits.

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

Germ posted:

RescueGoon to the rescue!

Awesome, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego

Leperflesh posted:

Some googling suggests "grom" from "drake" is Action Games Miniatures, is that right? And these are 28mm?

Correct on both counts.

• Locked thread