Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Other than for the sake of completeness, there's no reason to keep a non-prime frame once you have the prime version, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

hooah posted:

Other than for the sake of completeness, there's no reason to keep a non-prime frame once you have the prime version, correct?

Correct.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Wasn't there a thing where if you sell a non-prime frame you lose access to its helmet as an option? Or am I misremembering?

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Wasn't there a thing where if you sell a non-prime frame you lose access to its helmet as an option? Or am I misremembering?

Yes. You need to have the non-prime version of the frame to use its non-prime helmet on the prime. This is basically the only reason I still have my Mag, as the Mag Prime helmet is hideous.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
buy Coil immediately, they're going statless and Coil's range bonus is necessary to make Mag really good.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Doji Sekushi posted:

What's your PSN ID? I'll toss you an invite to the mighty PS4 clan and we'll drag you along and make you space rich.

We've usually got a party up and someone usually needs to farm some poo poo.

My PSN is grandediabolik.

I'm a bit busy with Infamous right now but when that's done I'm down for poppin some Grineer in the face.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Wales Grey posted:

Yes. You need to have the non-prime version of the frame to use its non-prime helmet on the prime. This is basically the only reason I still have my Mag, as the Mag Prime helmet is hideous.

If you don't like pretending to be a deep sea diver when using mag prime there's something deeply wrong with you.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

I don't know why people are expecting anything goof from melee 2.0
its going to be exactly the same as it is now but with more fancy whooshing

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Terbulus posted:

I don't know why people are expecting anything good from literally anything DE says they want to do
its going to be exactly the same as it is now but with more fancy whooshing

What is the purpose of dreams, if not to be destroyed?

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Wales Grey posted:

Your desires will never come to fruition as long as the game continues to adhere to the thought that bigger numbers = difficulty/endgame content.

It is the single biggest and most obvious draw back of Warframe. Its combat system, object interaction and AI are not merely generic, but 2007 generic.

Between your very first game on Mercury and your last in some Tower or Derelict mission, nothing ever happens or escalates in a meaningful or merely noticeable way.

It is the same bland, unpolished, quirky animations&controls, by the numbers, 3rd person shooter with the same dumb AI mobs over and over and over again.

There isn't even a story to make you care about any of the frames you are playing with. There isn't the slightest hint to invest you with that sense of purpose as to why gently caress should you even bother to fire a single bullet, or unlock the next mission hub/planet.

I don't expect to be mind blown and showered with GOTY features, but at this juncture, the only thing that is even remotely interesting is fishing for weird mods, baking frames (all done, save for vauban), weapons (which are largely the same) and doing stupid poo poo that makes no sense for comedic relief, because the game mechanics are so horribly unpolished, it is a real shame to pass up.

I guess it is because it is so bad, it is actually good which keeps drawing me to it.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 3, 2014

Musclebabe
Jun 24, 2008

I want your slide trombone in my brass section
I could use some help. I'm down for grinding or whatever. PSN LowPartz

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Vorpal Cat posted:

So considering melee 2.0 is in the next patch, do we have any concrete derails about what that actually entails? Are they planing to change unintuitive things like how Charge damage is completely separate from base damage so if a mod says +40% melee damage its not really 40% to all damage you do in melee?

This would make the most sense to do, which of course means it won't happen

Black Shadow
Mar 21, 2014

by XyloJW
Just downloaded this game this morning. Pretty cool so far, just somewhat confusing. I'm down whenever.

PSN: rLoganK

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
Haven't played for a couple of days, so I haven't changed any settings or anything and my game is updated. When I zone into a mission I can't turn my tenno. I can look up and down fine, but my targeting reticule just slowly turns to the right. Anyone have an idea what could be causing that and how to fix it?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dead on Arrival posted:

Haven't played for a couple of days, so I haven't changed any settings or anything and my game is updated. When I zone into a mission I can't turn my tenno. I can look up and down fine, but my targeting reticule just slowly turns to the right. Anyone have an idea what could be causing that and how to fix it?

Probably have a controller plugged in.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

Probably have a controller plugged in.

Wow, that was it. Thank you so much. Plugged it in to play Sleeping Dogs, but then didn't even bother using it. Heh.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Black Shadow posted:

Just downloaded this game this morning. Pretty cool so far, just somewhat confusing. I'm down whenever.

PSN: rLoganK

I've been playing it for about 12 hours on the PC and I'm still getting my head around it. This thread has talk of potatoes (still don't know what the gently caress those are) and a lot of options in the menu are still complete loving gibberish. One thing I will say though is you'll pick up these card type things which you can use in the armoury to give your frame and weapons a few upgrades, so use them and don't bother with the 'fusion' options just yet. I put some in there and I have no loving clue what happened to them...

To a beginner the myriad of options are confusing as poo poo considering the game itself is stupidly simple and straightforward.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Warframe is a good example of complexity without depth.

When you "fuse" mods, you're basically choosing one mod and then feeding it other mods in order to fill up the energy bar, and when it's full it levels up. The pips on the side of the card are how many levels it has, and each level requires double the energy of previous level.

Duplicates give more energy than same-Polarity(icon in the upper right of the card) give more energy than non-matching polarity.

Rare requires/gives more energy than Uncommon requires/gives more than Common.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

AndroidHub posted:

(PS4 can trade prime bits can't they?)
Yes, we can. He should add me as a friend on PSN and in game. I don't trade with pubbies generally so I have a huge stockpile of prime parts and never turn down a goon request for help getting something/leveling. I am what's generally known as "The Man". Same name as here but with a 1 on the end.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Is there any reason to hang on to my Seer when I've got akboltos, magnus, castanas, akstilettos, etc? I guess I could put together a really punchy gimmick raw damage build with it until I assemble a marelok.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:stare:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

doomfunk posted:

Is there any reason to hang on to my Seer when I've got akboltos, magnus, castanas, akstilettos, etc? I guess I could put together a really punchy gimmick raw damage build with it until I assemble a marelok.

Outside of hoping for buffs (probably pretty unlikely) or having sunk a potato or puzzle piece into it or it's not 30 yet, there's no real reason to hang onto the seer or really most guns if you don't like them. And if you don't like them, you probably wouldn't have blown a potato on them or wouldn't care about any buffs to them, so tossing it carries no real cost.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Physics engines are strange an majestic creatures.

Also because I'm quoted in this image, who the hell thought it would be good idea to make semi auto guns that require you to click 10+ times a second? because that's just kind of stupid.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Vorpal Cat posted:

semi auto guns that require you to click 10+ times a second

Seriously. Leveling Bolto is a pain; I've bound fire to mousewheel up in addition to mouse1 and the awkward positioning messes up my aim.

We are allowed to use AutoHotkey for this without being banned, right?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

zgrowler2 posted:

Yes. Macros were given the green light ages back when they started implementing their anti-cheat system, partially because so many keyboards/mice have them built in these days, and partially because they're commonly used by players with physical disabilities.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

chumbler posted:

Outside of hoping for buffs (probably pretty unlikely) or having sunk a potato or puzzle piece into it or it's not 30 yet, there's no real reason to hang onto the seer or really most guns if you don't like them. And if you don't like them, you probably wouldn't have blown a potato on them or wouldn't care about any buffs to them, so tossing it carries no real cost.
Yeah, I use "what if it gets an Ignis buff" to justify my hoarding everything, but really, if a buff that good happens, you probably won't mind building another and leveling it from scratch.

88h88 posted:

This thread has talk of potatoes (still don't know what the gently caress those are)
Orokin Catalysts and Reactors, they look like potatoes. Catalysts go in weapons, Reactors go in frames. They grant a 2x multiplier to mod capacity, and the one-time installation is permanent. Their blueprints pop up as rare alerts and invasion rewards, or they can be bought ready-to-go from the store for plat.

Every time something like this comes up I consider making a UI video and then quickly dissuade myself.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Honestly they really should just make all non charge guns select fire or make it so that any gun above a certain fire rate becomes automatic. Because otherwise your either going to balance the gun around the idea that people can fire it 15s a second and it will be overpowered if you use macros, or you balance around the idea that they can and it becomes useless if you don't use macros.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Fish Noise posted:

Yeah, I use "what if it gets an Ignis buff" to justify my hoarding everything, but really, if a buff that good happens, you probably won't mind building another and leveling it from scratch.

Orokin Catalysts and Reactors, they look like potatoes. Catalysts go in weapons, Reactors go in frames. They grant a 2x multiplier to mod capacity, and the one-time installation is permanent. Their blueprints pop up as rare alerts and invasion rewards, or they can be bought ready-to-go from the store for plat.

Every time something like this comes up I consider making a UI video and then quickly dissuade myself.

Do they still come up as login rewards? I remember getting a few as login rewards some time ago. But now it's only frame/weapon XP and Plat discount for me.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

They do, yes, but it's pretty rare.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

zgrowler2 posted:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fastclicker/

Imma post this great little program every time someone asks about this

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
New players, if you have questions, please ask them.

These nice goons will be happy to help you out if they knew what exactly do you need help with.

A month ago I was a noob piece of poo poo. Today, I have all the frames and most of the weapons and mods in the game, all thanks to them.

I started playing a month ago, and thanks to Skelter's OP which is very well written, I have managed to successfully complete the following grand achievements:

a) it taught me not to spend money on this game like an idiot
b) I found answers for virtually every retarded question I had about the game.
c) I beat all ingame missions and I have most stuff unlocked.
d) I have joined an awesome goon clan and making ingame currency and resources stopped being an issue for me.

Are you reading the OP yet? Well done! No? Stop being a lazy piece of poo poo and read it. This man did not labor for half a day to be completely ignored.

In addition, while ingame, in the upper righthand side corner, there are a bunch of icons. Hover with your mouse over them, and click on the one called Codex. Under codex, there is a nice crashcourse to get your started with Warframe.

Furthermore, while in the upgrade menus for the warframe or weapons, there is a help button below which gives you a couple of useful tips.

Also,

quote:

This wiki page does a better job explaining it that I can.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 4, 2014

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

88h88 posted:

I've been playing it for about 12 hours on the PC and I'm still getting my head around it. This thread has talk of potatoes (still don't know what the gently caress those are) and a lot of options in the menu are still complete loving gibberish. One thing I will say though is you'll pick up these card type things which you can use in the armoury to give your frame and weapons a few upgrades, so use them and don't bother with the 'fusion' options just yet. I put some in there and I have no loving clue what happened to them...

To a beginner the myriad of options are confusing as poo poo considering the game itself is stupidly simple and straightforward.

The interface changed a bit, but the mechanics are the same. Here are some helpful videos.

Fusing mods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3w-c-yQEU

Improving weapons and frames:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG-kl_-AIAg

Upgrading and mod usage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elLGSwjN_UY

The basics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fNLhVpBrBM

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Also don't be afraid to ask for spare mods when your new. Your first +damage or +elemental damage makes all the difference in the world. But your 10th copy is just a way to save a few hundred credits off the thousands needed to upgrade it to max level so even someone who's been playing for only a week and has less the half the missions done will have a few spares sitting around unused. Don't worry about sounding like a filthy beggar when your asking for the equivalent less then an uncommon power core in resources.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Don't be afraid to ask for prime parts either. Some of us is sitting on 5-6 full setts of the oldest prime gear.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Just a reminder, there will be a developer live stream today at 11am PDT/2pm EDT. Apparently we'll be getting to watch the devs actually play the game for once (a preview of Update 13), so that should be entertaining. We might even get some more badlands and/or focus system info.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Watching the live stream now. Looks like you guys are gonna want to rip of the Dojo again and make it pretty with all these new areas.

[edit] Orokin Research room. Neat.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 4, 2014

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
First time watching a devstream. Those user questions. Jesus christ, the stupidity.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
So we're getting a Goon Alliance up once U13 hits where all the small Ghost Clans that exist around the big Goon Clan can actually support it now directly?

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Feindfeuer posted:

So we're getting a Goon Alliance up once U13 hits where all the small Ghost Clans that exist around the big Goon Clan can actually support it now directly?

Like I said, my clan will gladly join fellow goons in a goon-clan alliance, whenever they implement it. I just need whoever is the chieftain to pm me when the time comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
A devstream I can't watch again, urgh. Sounding the :siren: Piell Alarm :siren: for devstream summaries!