Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Every year Arenanet has fun with its players on April Fool's Day. Guild Wars and GW2 players will find their characters gender-swapped, or replaced with stick figures, or all kinds of things.

Today I logged in and something looked a bit off ...

Edit: (I just noticed the NPC in the background too, that's great)

(I posted it in this thread as I'm sure their support department is getting flooded with tickets)

FreshFeesh has a new favorite as of 15:48 on Apr 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

scarycave posted:

So, I finally played Oblivion again for the first time in ages, after having restart the game a billion times.
I went into the ruins outside of the sewer and found my dog started doing the staircase samba.

You should try Oldblivion. It makes the game look and run much better on old or weak hardware. Such as actually having lighting.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

That loving Sned posted:

You should try Oldblivion. It makes the game look and run much better on old or weak hardware. Such as actually having lighting.

There are people still running computers too old to play Oblivion? :stare:

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Man, why don't people do that for every game? I'd love to play lo-fi everything and have it run smoothly on any old-rear end computer.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

DStecks posted:

Back when I had my Pentium 4 with Radeon X850 (until 2010) I would have loved a mod that would make Oblivion run better.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DStecks posted:

I didn't want to be that guy, but if your computer is too old to run a game from 2006 it's probably time to upgrade.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

HMS Boromir posted:

Man, why don't people do that for every game? I'd love to play lo-fi everything and have it run smoothly on any old-rear end computer.

Wasn't there something like that for Skyrim that made it look really weird and minimalist?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Time to upgrade, yes, but I've been in that position before where it's been time to upgrade for years but it's just not possible (being a high schooler with no job :v:)

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

That loving Sned posted:

Holy poo poo, that looks pretty cool. I can actually play the game with some lighthing but I like to keep it low so my laptop doesn't freak the gently caress out. Definetly going to give that a try.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'm digging that lo-fi look for Oblivion.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wasn't there something like that for Skyrim that made it look really weird and minimalist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOOQsLt5-S8
This?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

That's the one, thanks!

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

That actually looks pretty cool! Reminds me of Interstate '76 in a way.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

I didn't want to be that guy, but if your computer is too old to run a game from 2006 it's probably time to upgrade.

poo poo like this gives me flashbacks to working in computer repair, having people come in with laptops running Windows 95 on 256 MB of RAM, wanting it to run faster. This was in 2010.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

DStecks posted:

poo poo like this gives me flashbacks to working in computer repair, having people come in with laptops running Windows 95 on 256 MB of RAM, wanting it to run faster. This was in 2010.

I don't understand, why would you need a faster doorstop?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

DStecks posted:

It's a strange thing. I presume the people bringing in those computers were baby boomer-ish in age? There's something they don't seem to get, in my experience, about the fact that computers just get old and worthless after a while.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I love how the people look like they've been rotoscoped, like the animated Lord of the Rings film.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!

Tracula posted:

It's a strange thing. I presume the people bringing in those computers were baby boomer-ish in age? There's something they don't seem to get, in my experience, about the fact that computers just get old and worthless after a while.

I don't know if that's entirely true. I'm 26 and I only personally know about 2 people around my age with computers capable of running new games. Everyone else is either macbook or some piece of poo poo laptop running xp.

futureproof has a new favorite as of 15:28 on Apr 2, 2014

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Tracula posted:

It's a strange thing. I presume the people bringing in those computers were baby boomer-ish in age?

Bingo.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I played through the new Shadow Warrior game on a video card just a touch too old to run it properly. I managed to finish the game this way. During cut scenes with lots of character animation, the character models would move a tiny bit faster than props in the world geometry.

You don't really notice, until a character in a wheelchair moves several feet and remains sitting on nothing for a few seconds before his chair catches up. Or near the end of the game, two bad guys who are supposed to be in a getaway vehicle fly into view several seconds before the vehicle appears and clips through them.

I may try to reinstall my old video card to get screenshots of this happening. I was laughing too hard at the time.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Not everyone who owns a computer is a hardcore PC gamer. To most people the computer is just another appliance. If it isn't broken and can surf the internet then why bother spending more money to upgrade. Hell, I used an Apple IIGS up until starting high school in 1996. My family was always behind the curve when it came to computers until recently.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Yeah, I pretty much have Oblivion installed on an old labtop - it physically can't run the fancy shaders.
Also, I think Oldblivion looks kind of neat but every download of it seems to be malware.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I had this happen to me in MGR Revengeance after a fight in the office building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itn6PDl0Rmc

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

I had this happen to me in MGR Revengeance after a fight in the office building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itn6PDl0Rmc

Somehow it made me think of the Psi-Ops game.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

I was playing Skyrim and reanimated a dead wolf. It, um, :staredog:

http://youtu.be/sQLu2_S0uYM

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

YellerBill posted:

I was playing Skyrim and reanimated a dead wolf. It, um, :staredog:

http://youtu.be/sQLu2_S0uYM

What's the problem here?

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Inco posted:

What's the problem here?

The wolf's eyes are bugging out of its head. Might be more visible in 1080p, I dunno.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Inco posted:

What's the problem here?

"Oh god help me :staredog:"

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I'd get that bug a lot with New Vegas and Fallout. I'm glad to see it's carried over to the "new" engine.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Got to abuse those invincibility frame to avoid being stunlocked if you want to be an MLB pro.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

CJacobs posted:

"Oh god help me :staredog:"

I've never got to experience the "eye pop" glitch intentionally, though I have managed to make it happen with some mesh editing.
I think looks kinda cute. Just pop his eyes back in there and he's good to go. :3:

"Watch now as I punch my very head into the heavens!...Nailed it!"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

To be fair if i was able to punch my own head off and have it stick to my half dead opponent I'd fistpump too as my last act

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Many of these are great:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-egksufiao

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The one at the 1 minute mark is the best. I had no idea a pair of dismbodied legs could look so... smug.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The Mets arent a glitch.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

That must be a sick change up.

DetectiveSlowpoke
Mar 30, 2010

The best detective
That Skyrim video reminded me that I encountered something weird (who would of thought). I was just finishing one of the main quests and had to talk to Delphine to continue. She wasn't in the hideout and when I turned around she was right behind me with a bunch of npc's. This is what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGmu2BbUbWI

I ended up having to do the reset ai console command since she became hostile to me and wouldn't de-aggro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

DetectiveSlowpoke posted:

That Skyrim video reminded me that I encountered something weird (who would of thought). I was just finishing one of the main quests and had to talk to Delphine to continue. She wasn't in the hideout and when I turned around she was right behind me with a bunch of npc's. This is what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGmu2BbUbWI

I ended up having to do the reset ai console command since she became hostile to me and wouldn't de-aggro.

What were the specifics of that weird glitch where if you dropped a necklace or something on the ground entire towns would fight over it including families murdering each other?