Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuantumCrayons
Apr 11, 2010

Obliterati posted:

Oh right, I stand corrected. Is this a regional thing? I don't remember running into these in Scotland except for German beer.

Only time I've seen them up here was the Greyfriars pub in Edinburgh (which I'll recommend for reasons other than the glasses as well).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Man, that is horrid. Clegg looks like a blow-up doll or a rent boy and Farage, I don't even know what he looks like - not Farage that's for sure. I feel like he's trying to sell me a used car.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

baka kaba posted:

Everybody dance now!

Detecting some hidden symbolism on with Clegg's shadow there - yet another layer in the geology of Thomas's work

:allears: Amazing!

Have last weeks IF...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

El Scotch posted:

Man, that is horrid. Clegg looks like a blow-up doll or a rent boy and Farage, I don't even know what he looks like - not Farage that's for sure. I feel like he's trying to sell me a used car.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on PMQs debate over Royal Mail sell off – A prime minister's questions debate saw David Cameron and Ed Miliband trading insults over the privatisation of the Royal Mail."

Telegraph:

Nick Clegg and Nigel Farage get personal over EU in BBC debate; Air pollution reaches high levels in parts of England

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
"Prince Charles met a group of peculiarly dressed Mummers in Ireland."

quote:

“Before you hand out the biscuits are we absolutely sure they are Charles and Camilla?”

Express:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

These are just loving strange today. The Mail one is nothing I have heard of and can't for a frigging second think is relevant to anyone, anywhere, and the Express... What the hell has Cameron got on his desk? Is it a keyboard, because the screen is to his side. MAybe its one of those play dashboard things you can stick on the back of the car seat to amuse children. I don't think anyone has a Direct Line/Bat phone, either.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Perfect weather.

Trickjaw posted:

These are just loving strange today. The Mail one is nothing I have heard of and can't for a frigging second think is relevant to anyone, anywhere, and the Express... What the hell has Cameron got on his desk? Is it a keyboard, because the screen is to his side. MAybe its one of those play dashboard things you can stick on the back of the car seat to amuse children. I don't think anyone has a Direct Line/Bat phone, either.
That's how a desk terminal at a manager's desk would often be laid out the last time that Thomas saw a computer. Keyboard in natural typing position and stowed away when not in use, terminal off in the corner to allow your important people-facing chats, single comms cable running to a wall socket linked to the building mainframe. He obviously believes that the office has not moved on since the early 90s (maybe the Conservatives do too?)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Did Kermit ever do a cover of Simon and Garfunkel's El Condor Pasa? And The Time's today is hot as hell.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Guavanaut posted:

Perfect weather.

Yesssss, the legend will never die

Trickjaw posted:

These are just loving strange today. The Mail one is nothing I have heard of and can't for a frigging second think is relevant to anyone, anywhere

Perfect chance for Mac to draw some weird foreigns, PC-mad society can't call him out on this story!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Maria Miller apologising over mortgage expenses – Maria Miller cleared of deliberately overclaiming expenses but faces battle to keep her cabinet job"

Telegraph:

Ed Miliband hiring TV adviser to 'make best of brand strengths'

Times:

Mail:
"A freak wind has sent scatterings of sand from the Sahara over most of the country."

quote:

“Let’s face it, Lads. If we don’t get another freak wind soon we’ll have to buy some sand.”

Express:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I'd say he's embarrassed that he still can't take this nasty lemon out of his mouth.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's to keep the egg from falling out.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

For the love of all reason Thomas, UKIP HAVE NO MPs! If you were trying to depict a gothic Brussels, then yes, some occasionally show up but not in Westminster. Maybe its a way to make Express readers think they are already in power. Or it may just be lazy bollocks.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

If UKIP takes Clegg's egg from him... what remains? A husk, a lifeless shell?

Perhaps we should find out?

CL CL CL CL CL CL CL CL

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

gently caress Mac, what a piece of poo poo he is.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

marktheando posted:

gently caress Mac, what a piece of poo poo he is.

Yeah, I almost thought he'd done a straight funny joke until I read the sign. It's like he just can't help but throw in a stereotype (and yeah I know he's Scottish)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

baka kaba posted:

If UKIP takes Clegg's egg from him... what remains? A husk, a lifeless shell?

Perhaps we should find out?

CL CL CL CL CL CL CL CL
That horrifying gray twisted face is a better caricature of Farage than the standard Express one.

That and the horde of ghostly Ukippers are going to haunt my sleep.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I don't know what you mean, I copy and pasted that straight from the debate cartoon. Are you seeing something I'm not??

P.S. If you don't put an entire egg in your mouth in the next seven days you will die

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

This is brilliant.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Never stop, baka kaba. :allears:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on UK air pollution – David Cameron's comments on UK air pollution have stirred controversy"

Telegraph:

Maria Miller row: Aide's newspaper call defended; Grand National 2014.

Yesterday's Independent:

Independent:

After Monet.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Nightmares a-plenty for the prime minister - Chris Riddell on the mounting pressures on David Cameron" After Chris Riddell?

Sunday Telegraph:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Michael Gove and free schools – Secret document for academies minister Lord Nash outlines strategy to 'step in fast to cut political damage'"

Telegraph:

Maria Miller expenses: Rows 'eating away at credibility'

Independent:

Times:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They might as well just draw Pob at this point.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

goatface posted:

They might as well just draw Pob at this point.
I'm not a huge fan of mocking politicians for their appearance rather than their actions but even I have to admit that Gove is Pobbish as absolute gently caress.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Pob is actually cool though. And has a better understanding of education

That Times cartoon is pretty great - and Farage is literally Jesus according to the Telegraph now?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

I'm not a huge fan of mocking politicians for their appearance rather than their actions but even I have to admit that Gove is Pobbish as absolute gently caress.

It's no so much mocking, more so just a general caricature etc.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Had to do a google to see what you lot were on about and heh

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Overminty posted:

Had to do a google to see what you lot were on about and heh

And that little wooden lad grew into a real boy, took Murdoch's shilling, and taught us the error of our ways. Sometimes things just work out right.

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009
I don't get the Telegraph cartoon, are they implying that Farage (and his party funded mostly by MEP allowances) is holy and clean or something?

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Yes.

No, it doesn't bear any relation to reality, but when has that ever mattered?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on David Cameron's protection of Maria Miller – Prime minister brushes off claims that culture secretary in expenses row has kept her job because of shortage of females in cabinet"; Game of Thrones season 4 begins

Telegraph:

Independent:

Royal Mail sale: MPs recall Vince Cable for evidence

Times:

William and Kate arrive in New Zealand with Prince George

Mail:
"The Maria Miller saga continues."

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Why would they think that?

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Because they're sticking their tongues out and wiggling their bums at her? Or something?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
That's bullshit no one even mooned them this time

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."

Kurtofan posted:

Why would they think that?

I've seen a lot of lovely loving political cartoons and that one really is just a whole new level of poo poo.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

gently caress Vince Cable and gently caress his Orange Book Circle Jerk Clique! :argh:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Exclamation Marx posted:

That's bullshit no one even mooned them this time
Well...

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Irish president's state visit – The Queen has welcomed Irish president Michael D Higgins to the UK on the first Irish state visit"

Telegraph:

Ed Miliband exists.

Independent:

Maria Miller 'devastated' by expenses row

Times:

Martin McGuinness toasts Queen at Windsor Castle state banquet

Mail:
"The Royals have met Maori warriors in New Zealand."

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Mac's enjoying himself again. Six-inch spike heels hnnnngggg

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Nah in '83 they got it for real

ughhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

baka kaba posted:

Mac's enjoying himself again. Six-inch spike heels hnnnngggg
She was actually wearing high heels so that's hardly the worst aspect of that cartoon. Oh noes, an unusual looking individual! This is clearly an unpleasant situation!

Incidentally, Hell is listening to Nicholas Witchell describing a Royal baby, looped for eternity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMSzIG4a5cw

• Locked thread